• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 SOUNDTRACK!

jett

D-Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lwpYLlVvM

iKfn88o1hc0hp.gif

This is even better. Kyd's a musical genius.

iNvid02

The HomeStead theme, oh man so amazing and soothing.

I still think this OST is gonna be great nonetheless. Though is there any reason Jesper Kyd did not compose it?

busy doing Borderlands 2 and darksiders 2, i guess he wanted a break from AC, this game seemed like a good point to do that.

Awful, just awful. Why would anyone replace one of the greatest videogame composers with a mediocre Hans Zimmer alumni? Oh yeah, "guys, is like having Zimmer but with even less talent!" Zimmer is not even talented to begin with. If I ever buy this game, be damn fucking sure I'll use some custom soundtrack.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't dislike the music. I just think it lacks the specific voice that Kyd brought to it. I have nothing against Balfe, he's a talented composer, but it's definitely somewhat disappointing when you consider the prior works.

I've only heard the main theme so far, but I agree. I like it, but it sounds just like a bunch of other popular things.

That AC2 theme kicking in during the chase sequence that leads to the title screen was really something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aw, no Kyd on either of them. I didn't know that.

But otherwise, the music sounds alright. Safe Harbour on Liberation sounds very good, as does the Society Suite.

The real AC3 soundtrack is Kyd's work in Darksiders 2.
Ahaha, I wouldn't be against this at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stop linking to Darksiders 2 tracks. I told myself I wouldn't play through it again until all the DLC has released, but now my resolve is gradually fading. :p

Awful, just awful. Why would anyone replace one of the greatest videogame composers with a mediocre Hans Zimmer alumni? Oh yeah, "guys, is like having Zimmer but with even less talent!" Zimmer is not even talented to begin with. If I ever buy this game, be damn fucking sure I'll use some custom soundtrack.
Talk about overreacting.

pargonta

Okay, I advise everyone to play the homestead theme. I heard that and the main theme...

and that's all i want to hear. already too much spoiled, why did i listen doh.

i'm out! two more weeks! see ya

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
No Jesper Kyd is disappointing but this sounds pretty good so far. AC3 has a different tone than AC2 and this seems to reflect that.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This stuff is pretty good, despite the fact that Jesper Kyd isn't involved.

Also helps that Lorne Balfe was involved with a lot of projects. Seems like it was left in pretty good hands in my opinion.

Roubjon

It is. It's Rango with modern bim bam zappity zap zap. Good lord, someone put Balfe away from music composition.

I see what you mean, it basically sounds like everything else and is really uninspired. It's good for videogame music though, which is fine by me.

Daft_Cat

No Jesper Kyd is disappointing but this sounds pretty good so far. AC3 has a different tone than AC2 and this seems to reflect that.

Yah, but I'd rather see Kyd reinterpret his style to fit the new tone..just like he did from AC1 to AC2.

I know complaining doesn't put Humpty-Dumpty back together again, but the soundtrack for AC2 in particular is probably one of the most sophisticated scores in the medium.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit, Ubisoft, why the hell do you make a main theme for AC in the last game when you're not even going to use it in the next one?!

But the soundtrack is still pretty good!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Definitely got a "The Last of the Mohicans" vibe on a couple of the tracks.

I bought all of the AC2 series soundtracks and might get this one if it's as memorable. Sometimes it takes multiple listens for me before I decide I want it.

Akainu

Does this series have a theme? I feel like it should have one. I've played them all but never really paid attention.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Does this series have a theme? I feel like it should have one. I've played them all but never really paid attention.

They did a main theme in Revelations, but Balfe must've put it aside since it was mostly (if I remember right) Kyd's work.

Stark

Banned
Not really missing Kyd after listening to that.

An Uncertain Present & Welcome to Boston are probably going to be my favourite. Overall, great stuff.

denshuu

God damn that Liberation theme make me so hype I want to start jumping off trees and fighting alligators and shit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY SHIT. Track 15 from AC3 is amazing. It takes cues from Labored and Lost from Revelations. Got chills running down my spine. Amazing.

Tankshell

Interested to see how this OST turns out without Jesper Kyd Love the AC2 soundtrack, infact I was listening to it earlier.

Guesong

A soundtrack can be taken away from the game, sure, but what always contribute to the feeling is knowing what happens when the music comes, and what ensues, and what it represents within the game.

So, I have never played AC1 and AC2 and cannot make comparison to those games. But I say with 100 % honesty that AC3's soundtrack works very well in the game.

Midou

Not really missing Kyd after listening to that.

An Uncertain Present & Welcome to Boston are probably going to be my favourite. Overall, great stuff.

Yep. I always love the 'main' city themes, and Welcome to Boston has that feel of the era and location.

Sai

I miss Jesper Kyd, none of this sounds particularly distinct.
This.

Kyd will be sorely missed—his contributions were one of the most prominent reasons I became a fan of this franchise in the first place.

What Balfe has here certainly isn't bad, everybody's just used to Kyd's style while hoppin' rooftops 'n stabbin' fools in AC... Man, I don't care enough to actually investigate, but I do kind of wonder what his Twitter's like right now. XD If he's getting the same kind of feedback on there, it has to be rather disheartening.

B.O.O.M

I like both the main themes BUT

AC: Liberation theme >>>>>>>> AC3 Theme for me. Just feels more...authentic. Not sure how to describe it. The moment I start listening to it I get a sense of adventure and struggle. The AC3 one reminds me a bit too much of main themes from Shooters nowadays.

Stark

Banned
Listening to the AC3 soundtrack right now... it's so fucking good. I miss Kyd, but Balfe is doing great work I think. Some fantastic tracks.

Think it helps that he worked with him on Revelations. I don't know how much work he did on it, but I like to believe it helps lol.

Top Bottom