• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 3 SOUNDTRACK!

Whoa the main theme is really really good. I don't recall any of the main themes from the other Ass Creed games (they were very forgettable) but I'm sure this will stick, which obviously is a good thing.

diplo-o.gif

Sojgat

A lot of it reminds me of the Arkham City soundtrack, I really like "Fight Club" though. Jesper Kyd whenever possible... but this isn't bad.

I've never been a big fan of Balfe, but color me impressed on some of these AC3 tracks.

DAT Liberation soundtrack, though. Woah. I've never heard of this Winifred Philips but this main theme is gorgeous.

EDIT - I'll just pretend that Virtual Pursuit's hilariously bad Bourne/MGS knockoff attempt isn't there.

_woLf

Connor's Life and Fight Club, to me, are the best tracks on there.

I'm actually more impressed with Liberation's tracks -- that kind of work for a handheld title is pretty unheard of.

Honestly, I wish there were more slower tracks. I REALLY hope Ezio's Family (yeah yeah, I know) makes it in the game in some form, because to me, THAT is the true "theme" to the entire franchise.

Most of the tracks are more fast-paced it sounds, which makes sense for the theme of this particular game (and the combat style they're going for,) but I need more vocals, strings, and slower tempos to properly convey an ancient assassin order.

rdrr gnr

Steady decline since ACII. Jesper Kyd is just leagues ahead of everyone else in this business. The soundtrack is destined to blow unless there are some in-game gems not listed here. I still listen to the ACII soundtrack 3 years later.

UrbanRats

The main theme sounds really generic to me, i really don't get the feedback in this thread.

Liberation theme sounds better, reminds me of Tomb Raider.

rdrr gnr

Complementing the game seems like a ridiculous concept at times. Complementing the game would mean I enjoy the soundtrack on its own merit first. If it sounds forgettable from the previews (which it does); how does it make it better in-game?

CrazyDude

People are overrating AC's previous tracks. AC2 had two memorable tracks, and that was Ezio's Family and the roof top one.

Edit: also remember hating the theme for Florence, was horrible and did not fit the city or period.

Irish

Holy fuck, Liberation's soundtrack is killer. From the preview clips alone, I'd rank it up there as one of my favorite OSTs of all time alongside the inFamous OST. Next to that, everything else seems pretty weak (for me at least).

It's got a really nice mix of varied tracks and seems to draw influences from a lot of different places. Some of it even seems like it belongs in a JRPG.

demolitio

Holy fuck, Liberation's soundtrack is killer. From the preview clips alone, I'd rank it up there as one of my favorite OSTs of all time alongside the inFamous OST. Next to that, everything else seems pretty weak (for me at least).

I'm imagining the soundtrack playing right now as Aveline is out in the swamp stalking people in the trees. "In the Bayou" is right. Gonna get me some gators!

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow they ditched Jesper? This is messed up, he was an integral part of my enjoyment of the game.

This sucks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow they ditched Jesper? This is messed up, he was an integral part of my enjoyment of the game.

This sucks.

Jesper isn't on AC or Hitman this year, instead was on Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2. I doubt they didn't want him, might have just had too much on his plate.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jesper isn't on AC or Hitman this year, instead was on Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2. I doubt they didn't want him, might have just had too much on his plate.

This could be true, of course. But because Kyd only did half the ost for Revelations I thought they dumped him completely in favour of Balfe.

Not to mention AC3 had been in production for years, Kyd could've laid the groundwork for it years ago if he wanted.

Or something, I don't know I'm just ranting I guess. I'm just very disappointed, that's all.

This could be true, of course. But because Kyd only did half the ost for Revelations I thought they dumped him completely in favour of Balfe.

Not to mention AC3 had been in production for years, Kyd could've laid the groundwork for it years ago if he wanted.

Or something, I don't know I'm just ranting I guess. I'm just very disappointed, that's all.

I thought that Kyd was only credited on Revelations because his themes were still included, or something. Sort of like how Zimmer is credited for MW2's theme, even though Balfe did the actual legwork.

Also, Kyd's work on Borderlands 2 was totally worth him not being on AC3. BL2 has some amazing music.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, I understand the disappointment because Kyd is great. I also have no actual idea how the composing itself works or is contracted, so I could be completely off the mark.

Dunan

I'm a huge fan of the AC2 soundtrack (and everything else in that game), but I found myself really enjoying Lorne Balfe's short one-to-two-minute pieces used in ACR's multiplayer. Chase the Target (anybody know what those lyrics are saying?) is beautiful, as are Venezia and Assassinate the Target (which always seems to be playing in Mont St. Michel for me).

The Road to Masyaf isn't half bad, either; parts of it are used between rounds in multiplayer.

Jesper Kyd is still the king, but I can't wait to see what Lorne's got planned for us in AC3.

seat

Anyone else having trouble loading the music samples from this site? I can't get them to play in either Chrome or Firefox. Is there another source anywhere?

Not working for me, I think they removed the files, I downloaded all the samples yesterday and today the download links are gone.

I thought that Kyd was only credited on Revelations because his themes were still included, or something. Sort of like how Zimmer is credited for MW2's theme, even though Balfe did the actual legwork.

Also, Kyd's work on Borderlands 2 was totally worth him not being on AC3. BL2 has some amazing music.

No, Kyd made some new themes for the game, too. Basically, Kyd did all the ambient city soundtracks, while Balfe did cutscene and multiplayer music.

Mehhhhhhhh, not feeling a lot of this. Kyd's work on Darksiders II sounded way more Assassin's Creed than the AC3 samples do. Fight Club is great though.

for some reason the audio previews don't work for me... but I hope the lack of Jesper Kyd isn't too horrible :(

It's not horrible, but I can't help but wonder what Kyd's soundscape for the American Revolution would've been like.

I'm guessing he meant this one. It's the song that still immediately comes to mind when I think of exploring Florence in ACII. Love it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
No Jesper Kyd is making me really sad.

Top Bottom