• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
No campaign films is a disappointment, to be sure. Though I can't say it's a feature I used much (only about 10 times in the last 5 years between 3, ODST, and Reach), it was a feature we all assumed would be there. What about Spartan Ops?

Pop

No campaign theater and no party theater...

1365838_o.gif

That can't be right...

Fuchsdh

What's wrong with that?

The joy of playing Dishonored is the sheer amount of stuff the developers put in that the average player may never find. Entire sub missions and the like just hidden off.

I hate the idea of a Halo that doesn't have stuff like that, hidden away waiting for you to find it.

Agreed. Not to mention the LNoS Battle is a good example of where you feel like the action is happening around you, not following you.

Gazzawa

I know why there's no campaign theater: Theater really is a way for the Spartan IV's to watch their training and their spartan ops missions. How could they even view the Master Chief's campaign?

It's all in the canon.

This.
there is no point to campaign theatre mode as most of it will be quicktime events and long ass metal gear solid cutscenes

Gui_PT

Wait, it's confirmed that there's no campaign theater?

Oh wow =\ No wonder they've never said a word about theater all this time

It was one of my favorite Halo game features =\

willow ve

Theater has to be there. Right? Probably just listed on one disc and available in both multi and campaign after you install one of the discs. This would make it a hard drive exclusive item, but that's par for the course now with bigger games.

Here's Campaign Menu
And
Here's Infinity Menu
Wonderful main menu screens; especially the campaign one. I wish I could have the campaign one as a desktop background. *cough, Jess, cough*
I'll be so disappointed if it's true. Look at how much fun we all had last OT sharing pics from Halo 3 about all the crazy stuff we did (silly scarabs).

3952685437_5377292d2c_b.jpg

I really hope that's not going away!
Gorgeous!
That can't be right. They wouldn't cut theater from Campaign entirely. No way. It's far too important a feature.

....right...?
I will be very, very disappointed if campaign theater has been removed. Maybe even a bit upset.

I hope we clarification on this soon.

Tunavi

Banned
Fuck. I was really excited take a bunch of campaign screenshots and make them wallpapers for my computer.

Got a great new HDTV too.

fuck

I'd really like a response from frankie/david when they see this

JuanGGZ

Banned
How can you guys get no theater in campaign from that screen?

It's not only from the screen. It's because some of us has played the game. One again, I really hope we are all wrong about that. If not, 343 Industries would certainly have some explainations for us.

aj1467

I imagine there will be a subsection in the theater menu for campaign films.

EDIT: Didn't realize some of you had the game? No fair!!

Theater for Campaign was always a bit strenuous right? Was it possible to rewind? Didn't it work at a radically different level than the MP one?

Still hope it exists in some form.

While I don't really care if campaign theater is missing it would be really weird for 343i to remove features when they are trying to take over on this franchise.

Tunavi

Banned
While I don't really care if campaign theater is missing it would be really weird for 343i to remove features when they are trying to take the reigns on this franchise.
I support cutting of bad features like firefight. Good riddance.

But not campaign screenshots. :(

My wallpaper folder am cry if true, halo 4 is looking so good too..

bxwiX.jpg

My favorite screenshot I took in Reach.

Woorloog

Banned
Finishd The Thursday War.
It is a lot better than Glasslands... and i find even the subplots interesting.
If only the book was pruned from needless anti-Halsey sentences (one chapter ends in one, completly needlessy), it would be better.
Some odd stuff, like K-5 alone having such a large effect in the UNSC-Elite politics but then Halo is about inviduals having a great effect, so that is easy to forgive.
And the stuff about Jul 'Mdama... nice, interesting. Sets up Halo 4 very nicely.

Wonder if we meet a certain ship in Halo 4.

GhaleonEB

Theater for Campaign was always a bit strenuous right? Was it possible to rewind? Didn't it work at a radically different level than the MP one?

In the Halo 3 theater, you could not rewind or record clips.

In Reach's, you could rewind (a certain distance), and take clips. Party viewing was nixed, though.

Someone from 343 please confirm Campaign theater is in. Or pull off the band-aid and just tell us it's gone. Please.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Party theater was removed so they could add campaign rewind and film clips.

It seems as though campaign theater is gone and there is no part film clips :|.

Moa

Party theater was removed so they could add campaign rewind and film clips.

It seems as though campaign theater is gone and there is no part film clips :|.

Was it required to stop party viewing in multiplayer films to allow Campaign rewinding & film clips?

Wouldn't it have been simpler to block Campaign party viewing but allow multiplayer party viewing?

Akai__

I know why there's no campaign theater: Theater really is a way for the Spartan IV's to watch their training and their spartan ops missions. How could they even view the Master Chief's campaign?

It's all in the canon.

Master Cheif has a helmet camera? :p

---

Guys, you are overreacting to a thing, which is not even confirmed or was it confirmed?

Beckx

bxwiX.jpg

My favorite screenshot I took in Reach.

Taking pics in NA was amazing, especially once you triggered the Pelican egg and could fly up to view all the Covie cruisers, etc.

Guys, you are overreacting to a thing, which is not even confirmed or was it confirmed?

We have Juan saying he couldn't load campaign clips via the Theater interface. That's worrying. Maybe it was an old build.

Things like theatre are ultimately just fluff you can only cram so much into a dev schedule and a Xbox game In general. Halo 4 visually looks leaps and bounds better than virtually every Xbox game. Along side all this it's probably the biggest aswell 3 forge environments 10? Maps and an entire 8GB campaign + sp ops. Not defending the choice to axe campaign theatre or firefight or anything but ultimately thing have to get cut to make way for new things . Like the saying goes you cant please all of the people all of the time and doing your best to evolve and keep the brand relevant and trying to draw in a new generation of gamers some of whom might never have even played halo is really the only thing you can do.

Many core gameplay concerns have been addressed kill times are faster, players are faster, fan favourite weapons have returned. What people still have issues is understandable but much of it is before they have even touched the game and we really have no reason to believe all the changes will be a good thing after Reach.

I've paused my 'freaking out' until I see the actual menu from campaign and not the main menu. I hope Juan is wrong, but I really don't want to have to accept any more features that didn't make it into a Halo game.

People are starting to post campaign screenshots. If campaign theater is gone, I may have to cope by posting my campaign screenshots. Fair warning!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Things like theatre are ultimately just fluff you can only cram so much into a dev schedule and a Xbox game In general. Halo 4 visually looks leaps and bounds better than virtually every Xbox game. Along side all this it's probably the biggest aswell 3 forge environments 10? Maps and an entire 8GB campaign + sp ops. Not defending the choice to axe campaign theatre or firefight or anything but ultimately thing have to get cut to make way for new things . Like the saying goes you can please all of the people all of the time and doing your best to evolve and keep the brand relevant and trying to draw in a new generation of gamers some of whom might never have even played halo is really the only thing you can do.

Many core gameplay concerns have been addressed kill times are faster, players are faster, fan favourite weapons have returned. What people still have issues is understandable but much of it is before they have even touched the game and we really have no reason to believe all the changes will be a good thing after Reach.

6/10 Frankie Impression

Cutting a feature like Campaign Theatre just reflects badly on the studio. No amount of re framing the other features in the game will change that.

From that screenshot, what's to say that the theater doesn't save games from campaign? Just because the link the the theater isn't under campaign, I mean who knows. How hard is it for one of you guys with the game to... I don't know... maybe... check and see?

GhaleonEB

Things like theatre are ultimately just fluff you can only cram so much into a dev schedule and a Xbox game In general.

Theater isn't fluff. It's a baseline feature standard to the series since 2007.

I have around a thousand screens from Halo 3, ODST and Reach's Campaigns saved. Moments that were beautiful. Picture stories to regale friends with. Wacky shit that happened. Amazing moments I wanted to preserve. Just a few weeks ago we were posting screens from Halo 3's campaign and co-op shenanigans, looking back on Halo 3 as we looked forward to Halo 4.

I think it would be a very, very big deal to cut it. I put theater on par with campaign co-op in terms of feature importance. Maybe even higher.

I don't think anyone should ever defend the removal of options, modes and features that were in previous games. And honestly, the whole, "I didn't use it so why should I care" mentality sucks.

MrDaravon

Wait, I assumed we had known for a fact all along Campaign Theater was in.

The fact that we are having a legitimate discussion about this because we still don't have confirmation yet again proves their messaging for this game has sucked dicks.

To be clear I'm not trying to defend it being cut merely trying to offer a estimated explanation. They didn't cut theater with any malicious intent if it could of been included in the game it would of been. It was cut because it had to be cut.

That's if it was actually cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom