• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things like theatre are ultimately just fluff you can only cram so much into a dev schedule and a Xbox game In general. Halo 4 visually looks leaps and bounds better than virtually every Xbox game. Along side all this it's probably the biggest aswell 3 forge environments 10? Maps and an entire 8GB campaign + sp ops. Not defending the choice to axe campaign theatre or firefight or anything but ultimately thing have to get cut to make way for new things . Like the saying goes you can please all of the people all of the time and doing your best to evolve and keep the brand relevant and trying to draw in a new generation of gamers some of whom might never have even played halo is really the only thing you can do.

Many core gameplay concerns have been addressed kill times are faster, players are faster, fan favourite weapons have returned. What people still have issues is understandable but much of it is before they have even touched the game and we really have no reason to believe all the changes will be a good thing after Reach.

I agree that these things are less than necessary, but the problem is there's tons of fluff related to Halo 4's development. Spartan Ops CGI, FuD, live action trailers, QTE's are all serious money pits. FuD may be somewhat of an exception because its marketing if nothing else, but Microsoft is throwing money in all directions, when they should be throwing it at campaign and more importantly for me, multiplayer. How they only pulled off the number of maps that they did kind of blows my mind to be honest (and the fact that half of them are big team).

Those concerns aside, at least they know what they think is important to focus on rather than pleasing everybody with every little feature.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd be really surprised if Halo 4 Theater cannot read campaign data. I wouldn't be surprised if the Theater button is only available in the Infinity menu but that campaign data is not saved for it? Hard to belive.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Overreaction to a rumor.

And total silence on the feature through out the entire development. Folks were disappointed about the lack of ranks and the long silence on that issue. Are folks not allowed to react this news just because we've yet to hear a straight official answer?

Folks here have played it and said it's not in. The thieves that stole it haven't found the feature either. The menu screenshots suggest it's not in.

It's a reaction and a natural one to the potential news that a major feature, used by millions of players, has been cut.

Gui_PT

Exactly. There is no way, that theatre is removed. I don't want to offend anybody, but maybe the leaker, which told you so, was just not smart enoug and he couldn't find it...

If someone told you a few months ago you could't drop the flag in Halo 4, you'd say the same thing. Or that Assault was cut. Or all them other thangs.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I honestly hope we are wrong and Campaign Theatre is still in. I really do. So much fun using the pan-cam and exploring the environments, taking screenshots and such. I've lost hours in Halo 3 and Reach in the campaign theatre. Was really looking forward to it in Halo 4.

JuanGGZ

Banned
But you did see the campaign mission in the list in theater? If so, then it must have been a bug.

No campaign mission in the list Odd. As I said before, you can't reach your recent clip in Theater without saving them before using start menu. And when we used this same menu, there were not campaign clips.

Nobody here with a leaked version the game (I know, it's bad) to clarify this right now ?

Making room for Spartan ops theater

RIP funny/awesome clips/screens from campaign
2v2hx90wayu4.jpg

Akai__

If someone told you a few months ago you could't drop the flag in Halo 4, you'd say the same thing. Or that Assault was cut. Or all them other thangs.

"We'll talk about ranks at a later time"

Don't exist

"We'll talk about theater at a later time"

We are talking about a feature, not a gameplay mechanic.

But I see, from where you are comming from. Believe what you want, but I think it wouldn't be pretty smart to cut this awesome feature, because it was unique to Halo, in the first place, until games started to copy it.

Edit: Anyways, I will ask the guy, who bought a legitimate copy of Halo 4 a week ago...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Actually to both those things I would have been ecstatic. Assault was always bad (IMO) and CTF needed an overhaul to pump some life back into it. :p

I think I used campaign theater all of 5 times in 8 years. Shame if it is removed (hasn't been confirmed) for the people that get use out of it though. I use multiplayer theater far more.

TheOddOne

No campaign mission in the list Odd. As I said before, you can't reach your recent clip in Theater without saving them before using start menu. And when we used this same menu, there were not campaign clips.

Nobody here with a leaked version the game (I know, it's bad) to clarify this right now ?
That is a damn shame.

Woorloog

Banned
Hey guys, is 35€ for 12 motnh XBL Gold a good deal?
That's the cheapest i can get it here without a sale (not ordering from Amazon or such, shipping's going to take too long).

EDIT it is like 55-60% from normal price. A good deal i'd say... i'll order that.

Campaign theater will be in Halo 4

as DLC, along with a skilled ranking system they kept saying they'd talk about at a later date

The fact that they keep delaying the ranking system talk actually makes me hopeful that they really will add it. If they don't however, I really won't know what to think.

Gui_PT

Safe journey man.

Thank you my good woman

We are talking about a feature, not a gameplay mechanic.

We're talking about cuts/big changes they've made

Actually to both those things I would have been ecstatic. Assault was always bad (IMO) and CTF needed an overhaul to pump some life back into it. :p

I think I used campaign theater all of 5 times in 8 years. Shame if it is removed (hasn't been confirmed) for the people that get use out of it though. I use multiplayer theater far more.

Well you're just not a real Halo fan

When will you be in London? Be there in 2 weeks time?

This thursday at 8 am I'll be in the streets of London being robbed

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, that's a good deal.

Yeah, just came to same conclusion. Normally it's 60€ a year.
I'll order it... hopefully i'll like Halo 4 MP and i'll play it like a year. Otherwise it's gonna be waste.

EDIT shifty, they don't have that stocked up. Hopefully it will arrive in a couple of weeks.

MrDaravon

Real Halo fans love Assault, and must flag juggle. Got it.

I'm all for eliminating flag juggling, but their solution for it here is idiotic.

How long ago? Amazon is pretty nice about giving reimbursements for price drops near your purchase. Just contact Customer Support.

Worth a shot, but YMMV on that stuff. Amazon stopped officially doing that a couple of years ago, I've been outright denied on my last few attempts, even if it was before it was delivered (was told that I could return it and re-buy).

IHaveIce

Banned

Sorry but are you really trying to defend that something like these things were cut?
Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Woorloog

Banned
Duh, the place offering 12 month Gold for 35€ doesn't have it stocked up. Hmm.
I could get 3 months for a bit cheaper... i guess i'll follow Xbox's dashboard offers till i can get 12months cheap.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sorry but are you really trying to defend that something like these things were cut?
Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Theater? No. That's a shame (if true). I don't defend cutting assault, but I'm fine with not seeing it in matchmaking. I'd be fine with it in the game for customs though. That seems to be the only time I enjoy it. As for flag dropping, I'll give you that one is debatable. I just think the base CTF had gotten so rusty (and desolate) that they needed something to liven it up. Not 100% sure no drop+flagnum will do it, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Jedi Otter

How long ago? Amazon is pretty nice about giving reimbursements for price drops near your purchase. Just contact Customer Support.

Pre-ordered. . . I think it charged on sunday, didn't ship til monday. I know about the whole pre-order price gurantee, but I think that only goes up until the end of the release day. Though, I guess it's worth a try.

EDIT: No dice.

TheOddOne

Assault playlist can always be added, so there is hope left. We have heard stuff that flag dropping could be patched in, so down the line still possible.

I have less hope for Theater for campaign, if it is cut though, doesn't seem like something they could patch in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom