• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
I would rather have someone like Taylor who has an average voice but tries to work with what she has rather than screech and attempt to blow her pipes up and sound like that of a humpback whale's cry then wet themselves in the process and have it leak down their legs.
Where is the lie.

ibnGWkp0fAOXDE.gif

Trigger

I would rather have someone like Taylor who has an average voice but tries to work with what she has rather than screech and attempt to blow her pipes up and sound like that of a humpback whale's cry then wet themselves in the process and have it leak down their legs.

OMG

ibfueZLi1WJUkg.gif

#deceased

Aguila

#ICONIC
In the land of gods and monsters
I was an angel
Living in the garden of evil

Screwed up, scared
Doing anything that I needed
Shining like a fiery beacon

You got that medicine I need
Fame, liquor, love
Give it to me slowly

11 more days.

ibpcdqbpLfxRh8.gif

royalan

Same way Xtina doesn't remember her own song names like "Don't" Walk Away, songs she's covered , pre-records incorrect lyrics to her own songs, and songs she's sampled like "I made you think/I may do things"

tumblr_llj1juc8IS1qc5k7i.gif

Sometimes shit just happens.

xSg1y.png

This isn't the first time you've tried to clock Xtina for prerecording her songs with "incorrect" lyrics, but you have yet to stop and consider that maybe, just maybe, in a studio full of label people and engineers, she prerecorded the song with different lyrics on purpose?

ibwVSI5yyhXZTA.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ke$ha never exactly worked with Britney face to face. Ke$ha submitted TTWE to Dr Luke and he used her vocals from her demo of it on the Remix. Lol

This could all have been avoided if Britney would have trashed Tra$has vocals. Then, she wouldn't have remembered her at all.

xSg1y.png

royalan

You're fine to insert your own speculation.

But did I lie?

EpGQ3.gif

I'd say it's more than speculation; it's common sense. Or are you trying to imply that Christina is the only singer who has prerecorded vocals with different lyrics? Be prepared to be buried under an avalanche of receipts if that's the case.

So the question isn't whether or not you lied. It's whether or not there's any truth here worth telling.

ivZYPx4hjYd6u.gif

Styles

I can't wait for the mess that is the AMAs. Hopefully Taylor performs IKYWT since WANEGBT has outstayed its welcome.
ed2305b7.png

We also have the EMAs to look forward to on the 11th.

3phemeral

What are you even asking me to prove here? You're just talking in circles now.
You're trying to spin some strawman argument when the conversation was simple:

Botty asked how Britney forgot how to pronounce Ke$ha's name: probably the same way Christina does those other things. As a stan, you should know how Christina forgets lyrics quite easily, no?

Ding, ding, hollaz ring a bell?

Not sure how you're not following.

qLQyd.gif

royalan

I love how you left out the part of your original point that I actually clocked you on, tho.

The rest, who cares?

Britney called Ke$ha "Keisha". Not knowing someone's name is completely different than an altered lyric and her flub will continue to be hilarious.

iG6g1VWrXPJRB.gif

3phemeral

HIztk.gif

You clocked me on nothing, sis.

No one's here for your stanalyzing. You asserted that she "did it on purpose."

Let's keep this short and sweet:

1) Not remembering the name of a song you sang vs not remembering how to pronounce someone's wreck of a stage name.

2) Frequently can't remember your own lyrics vs recording incorrect lyrics "on purpose."

Botty's question was answered.

kuh5w.gif

royalan

HIztk.gif

1) Not remembering the name of a song you sang vs not remembering how to pronounce someone's wreck of a stage name.

2) Frequently can't remember your own lyrics vs recording incorrect lyrics "on purpose."

kuh5w.gif

And yet this truth STILL remains:

I love how you left out the part of your original point that I actually clocked you on, tho.

The rest, who cares?

Britney called Ke$ha "Keisha". Not knowing someone's name is completely different than an altered lyric and her flub will continue to be hilarious.

iG6g1VWrXPJRB.gif

Stay mad. And mad you must be, as the only time you post in here is when you see even a pen-sized opening to lob irrelevant shade at Xtina.

ihsLRAjWNVDc7.jpg

Styles

So, State of Grace is still my favorite Taylor Swift song. Meanwhile, I have no favorite Katy Perra songs.

iavNg.jpg

Hopefully the rest will grow on you.

Some are stanning for Holy Ground and I approve:

Most of all, Springsteen and Swift share a sensibility: that a story can be reduced purely to its rising action. There's a central relationship to "Holy Ground," and Swift refers tidily to its end with the lyric, "Well I guess we fell apart in the usual way / And the story's got dust on every page." But the song is focused inflexibly on a single, revelatory moment that happened during the course of the relationship. The second verse begins "Took off faster than a green light—go," and the song builds itself in the shape of this line. The shape resembles ghostly restraint of "I'm on Fire" or "Brilliant Disguise," with intense, variable emotions flickering beyond a fire door. There's no climax; it's a tense framework of expectations and barely contained ecstasy. It's like the seconds right before you run into the middle of traffic. It lasts three and a half minutes.

botty

Banned
So wait...

Britney can't remember how to pronounce Ke$ha's name, because Xtina couldn't remember some lyrics?

iSP8WlSjKaNmC.gif

I guess with all that time you've had not listening to Mariah's delayed album, you've spent it growing your reach.

icEiBjHuE6CMs.gif

Bladenic

HIztk.gif

kuh5w.gif

CLOCK ha.

CastielWreckingShit.gif

3phemeral

And yet this truth STILL remains:

Stay mad. And mad you must be, as the only time you post in here is when you see even a pen-sized opening to lob irrelevant shade at Xtina.

iSP8WlSjKaNmC.gif

Wait, you're pressed because I didn't comment on an argument you brought up with yourself? I never commented on whether or not it was hilarious. Gworl, you stay trying.

CcYaA.gif

Try to keep up, sis.

So wait...

Britney can't remember how to pronounce Ke$ha's name, because Xtina couldn't remember some lyrics?

iSP8WlSjKaNmC.gif

I guess with all that time you've had not listening to Mariah's delayed album, you've spent it growing your reach.

icEiBjHuE6CMs.gif
igqBp76HjkkBQ.gif

Xtincta fans must be on something tonight.

People have brain farts, your fave included. Questions?

CLOCK ha.

CastielWreckingShit.gif

imKzd.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Hopefully the rest will grow on you.

The tracks I'm liking the most other than State of Grace are Red, Treacherous, Holy Ground, 22, Begin Again, and another one (I'm on mobile and I can't remember). there are others that do seem like growers. I dont think I'll regret my purchase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom