• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game And Service Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

Some new Uncharted: Fight for Fortune details

They don’t consider it a side project, but only three people at Bend Studio worked with One Loop to develop the game.

Bend designed the game, One Loop developed it.

You can expect much bigger titles from Bend in the near future.

There will be trophies.

You don’t need to own Uncharted: Golden Abyss to play Fight for Fortune, FFF just reads the saved game data from your memory card.

If you connect Fight For Fortune to Golden Abyss, it will allow you to power up a bunch of different cards.

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune encompasses the entire canon of the series.

The $5 main game purchase gets you cards from Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune as well as Uncharted: The Eye of Indra.

The two expansion packs will have cards and characters from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Relationships are important in the game and give you combos (example: play a Drake, Sully, and Elena card next to each other for a triple combo).

There will be a demo available on December 4th.

The single player will feature between 6-8 hours of playtime.

Over a year was spent fine tuning the game to make sure it was balanced.

Fight For Fortune was made with full approval from Naughty Dog.

Source:
http://www.************************...o-revealed-campaign-length-will-be-6-8-hours/

This better be good!

Takao

Banned
Does anyone know whether I can use Australian PSN Cards to purchase a US PSN+ Subscription?

They are currently on sale ($40 for $50 PSN Card) so it works out a bit cheaper for us Aussies :D

I don't believe so. I know US PSN cards don't work on a Canadian PSN account (and vice versa) so I imagine those are region restricted.

Carl

They don’t consider it a side project, but only three people at Bend Studio worked with One Loop to develop the game.

Like we thought then.

Some nice details. Sounds like they put a lot of work into it for a $5 game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Like we thought then.

Some nice details. Sounds like they put a lot of work into it for a $5 game.

Especially the 1 year balancing part is very surprising and VERY comforting to hear.

Sarquiss_

I don't believe so. I know US PSN cards don't work on a Canadian PSN account (and vice versa) so I imagine those are region restricted.

Thanks for the information :)

Really want to get a US PSN+ subscription as I assume Australia will get the same games as Europe.

Would you know if I could buy the cards from say Amazon and get it to work that way?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks for the information :)

Really want to get a US PSN+ subscription as I assume Australia will get the same games as Europe.

Would you know if I could buy the cards from say Amazon and get it to work that way?

If you buy a US PSN card (no matter whether its money or PS+), it will work on a US account of your device, no matter where you live. If you are able to buy a code from Amazon US (or gamestop.com), you can use it.

Personally, I have a friend in the US who buys the cards for me and I paypal him the money.

Sarquiss_

If you buy a US PSN card (no matter whether its money or PS+), it will work on a US account of your device. If you are able to buy a code from Amazon US (or gamestop.com), you can use it.

Awesome :D. Thanks for the help guys :)

Any suggestions on where the cheapest place to buy a subscription?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
What time with the firmware update for PS Vita be live?
It will be live at approximately 9:00pm PST on 11/19. The Instant Game Collection for PS Vita will be available after the PlayStation Store updates on 11/20.

Only 4.25 hours to go... I guess I'll stop hitting "System Update" in Settings.

You can expect much bigger titles from Bend in the near future.

There will be trophies.

You don’t need to own Uncharted: Golden Abyss to play Fight for Fortune, FFF just reads the saved game data from your memory card.

If you connect Fight For Fortune to Golden Abyss, it will allow you to power up a bunch of different cards.

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune encompasses the entire canon of the series.

The $5 main game purchase gets you cards from Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune as well as Uncharted: The Eye of Indra.

The two expansion packs will have cards and characters from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Relationships are important in the game and give you combos (example: play a Drake, Sully, and Elena card next to each other for a triple combo).

There will be a demo available on December 4th.

The single player will feature between 6-8 hours of playtime.

Over a year was spent fine tuning the game to make sure it was balanced.

Fight For Fortune was made with full approval from Naughty Dog.

Source:
http://www.************************...o-revealed-campaign-length-will-be-6-8-hours/

now that is a good idea. character combo bonus.

Toma

What time with the firmware update for PS Vita be live?
It will be live at approximately 9:00pm PST on 11/19. The Instant Game Collection for PS Vita will be available after the PlayStation Store updates on 11/20.

Only 4.25 hours to go... I guess I'll stop hitting "System Update" in Settings.

Ugh, that is late... wont stay up until 6 am for this. Tomorrow it is then.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm always surprised by card game love. And that every other franchise gets a smartphone card game in Japan.

So weird.

kassatsu

Banned
I really don't see the point though. It's not like it would have better graphics on PSM (maybe a little sharper, but not a big leap) and not many PSM titles have leaderboards or anything.

Sales wise, it seems to be a wash, with Minis and PSM titles having similar numbers of ratings these days (PSM launch titles did well, but after that it seems to be an afterthought, like Minis).

Beyond that, the company releasing this, Beatshapers, doesn't make PSM titles (and wasn't on the list), and since they licensed the title from Half-Brick, I'm not sure releasing a PSM title would even be possible, since that would compete with Half-Brick's own Android version.

But PSM allows for easy updates, among other things. With the SDK constantly evolving it would have been better to "future proof" the title. Not stick it on a dead platform like minis.

But yea Beatshapers have said they would rather stick to making native apps and not having to deal with using psm and its limitations.

Nice. Never used until now. When I entered the site I was greeted with a "this service is unavaliable for your country". OK, then. But even so I enter the SEN website and logged with my PSN account, and then "Would you like to activate a free 14-day trial of Music Unlimited?" Sure, why not? And IT WORKS (on PC, at least). Will try with the Vita later.

The audio quality is way better than grooveshark. For $1 for month, I'l bite.

it work with Vita. I think I'll get this now, I used to get the 'not available in your country' message too on ps3, I wonder if the new PS3 store change it since now I can see their movie service on ps store, unlike old store where there's no movie service at all.

VanWinkle

But PSM allows for easy updates

But does it? Have any PSM games gotten updates yet? I remember an interview your site did with the Samurai Showdown devs saying how they were going to update the game like crazy. I don't see any updates and it's been well over a month. Not to mention, how do you even update games with PSM? Would they show up on the live area?

Nakayumi

With the new update and slight price drop (€188,- at my local electronics store right now) I am mighty tempted to pick up a Vita and jump into experience. Problem is, I'm afraid that after a short while, I'll put the thing in a corner and hardly ever touch it again. The PSP has probably been the only console (I consider handhelds consoles) I happily sold because of it's lack of games that interested me. While I am interested in seeing how they managed to put Uncharted on the small screen, and curious about Gravity Daze, the only other game I really look forward to playing is Persona 4 (and maybe Virtue's Last reward, if that one's better on Vita than on 3DS). Don't play a lot on handhelds though, and I've been itching to upgrade my PC as well, or buy a 360 for Halo 4...

Long story short, didn't like PSP, willing to buy Vita but not sure 'cause don't want the same thing happening again. GAF, what to do?!

Takao

Banned
But does it? Have any PSM games gotten updates yet? I remember an interview your site did with the Samurai Showdown devs saying how they were going to update the game like crazy. I don't see any updates and it's been well over a month. Not to mention, how do you even update games with PSM? Would they show up on the live area?

Loot the Land supposedly had a update. Dunno what it added, or how it was distributed though.

Toma

With the new update and slight price drop (€188,- at my local electronics store right now) I am mighty tempted to pick up a Vita and jump into experience. Problem is, I'm afraid that after a short while, I'll put the thing in a corner and hardly ever touch it again. The PSP has probably been the only console (I consider handhelds consoles) I happily sold because of it's lack of games that interested me. While I am interested in seeing how they managed to put Uncharted on the small screen, and curious about Gravity Daze, the only other game I really look forward to playing is Persona 4 (and maybe Virtue's Last reward, if that one's better on Vita than on 3DS). Don't play a lot on handhelds though, and I've been itching to upgrade my PC as well, or buy a 360 for Halo 4...

Long story short, didn't like PSP, willing to buy Vita but not sure 'cause don't want the same thing happening again. GAF, what to do?!

First off, yes Vita is the best version of VLR.

Second, really tricky. From impressions and my own experiences, this is the handheld that I wanted to "put in a corner" after playing it for a while the least.

It all really depends on the games you end up playing. Thought it would be a perfect time to jump in since you get Uncharted and Gravity Rush for free if you subscribe to PS+ as well, giving you those 2 games for 50€ AND more in the next coming months.

And then.. its just a matter of how many games you can enjoy. There are a TON of great games on Vita (PSP + PS1 too). If you wouldnt outrule playing great PSP or PS1 games you havent tried, would try a sports game sometimes like Hot Shots or Virtua Tennis, a racing game like Wipeout. Jet Set Radio, Metal Gear 2/3, Lumines, Sound Shapes, Motorstorm RC, Mutant Blobs Attack, Assassins Creed:Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, Rayman Origins (if you havent played it yet) ... all good games. If you have a broad taste in games, then I can almost guarantee you its worth it.

If you are already very well informed though, and KNOW that only Uncharted and Gravity Rush will appeal to you.. its getting a bit trickier.

Toma

Dunno if it was mentioned, but I remember seeing people mentioning earlier how the huge amount of hate towards the WiiU has made people actually stop posting hate threads/doom threads about the Vita, well.....

Should Sony just use the Vita as the PS4 pad?

:(

They arent necessarily bashing the Vita in that thread, more Sony and the idea of crosscontroller play, which still is quite.. annoying, though.

Carl

Speaking for myself personally, i barely touched my PSP. Had it for a few years and i think i only used it a few times.

On the other hand, i haven't been able to put my PSVita down. Take that how you like.

Toma

Hey guys, should Xbox Smart Glass be the pad for the Xbox 720?

throwing-money.gif

UberTag

Hey guys, should Xbox Smart Glass be the pad for the Xbox 720?
No. Now THAT would be silly.
The Vita should be a controller for Sony so they can keep pace with Japanese developer support and get multi-screen Wii U ports for the Japanese market.

The next Xbox has no need for these things and has no chance to compete in Japan no matter what they do so they should focus on what they do best.

uncharted ga is more like uncharted 1 with very little set pieces you may expect from Uncharted 2 and 3. the visual looks good with obvious compromise in image quality, if you see compare it to psp games, then obviously it will look a very good upgrade, but if you compare it to high end 3d mobile game, then you might be a little disappointed at the image quality. for example, a friend of mine compare Golden Abyss with Dead Space android and said DS look better to him because it's clean and sharp even though GA have more complex environment, lighting, and higher poly character model. of course GA didn't look at it's best until later in the game where it really show off it's dynamic lighting and stuff, then it'd be really hard not to be impressed with GA.

Gravity Daze have fantastic and interesting world and characters, beautiful art direction and music, but the core gameplay take some time to get used to, and sadly, for an open world game, there's not much stuff to do other than the main mission and some side mission. after you beat the game, pretty much all you have left is to replay missions to get better medal and very few collectibles. it serve as a solid foundation for hopefully a much more superior sequel.

Toma

Just going through the new PSN store on PS3 for the first time and...

damn.

I want that on Vita too. Those categories are so... neat. There is a category with Weekly deals where it shows some PSP games I didnt even know had a discount at the moment.

If anyonge wants to knows, The Red Star is only $4,99 atm for PSP. Enjoyed that on PS2. Shmup mixed with sidescrolling shooter if I recall correctly.

Toma

Can someone rank the Persona PSP games in terms of game length for me? (Time estimates appreciated as well)

R&D means research and development. Using an already existing device would indeed save money on R&D compared to designing a new one...

Ehhh idk, I still think it's not saying good things about the Vita, even if it's directed at "cock blocking" the Wii U. I just think it's a terrible idea /shrug

Takao

Banned
Ehhh idk, I still think it's not saying good things about the Vita, even if it's directed at "cock blocking" the Wii U. I just think it's a terrible idea /shrug

It's a good idea if Sony wants to Move Vita units, assuming they can get to a point where the PS4 can be powerful, and include a Vita for an affordable price.

kassatsu

Banned

Loot The Land got an update today or rather recently. They don't show on livearea, you have to open the games because they are not native Vita apps.

There is no long cert process, like a minis title would need.

UberTag

It's a good idea if Sony wants to Move Vita units, assuming they can get to a point where the PS4 can be powerful, and include a Vita for an affordable price.
I can see Sony approaching this on two different fronts. And given the market disparities between them it would make sense.

1. Position the PS4 directly against the Xbox in North America. Do NOT bundle in the Vita with the system as a controller option.
2. Position the PS3 directly against the WiiU in Japan where they DO bundle in the Vita with the system as a controller option.

The challenge lies in Sony being able to allocate the resources to wage war on both fronts. I don't believe they do. They should probably focus on Option #2 in the short-term and only focus on Option #1 when they have the resources to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom