• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

I only want Thirty Flights Of Loving, since I already own most of the rest or have no interest in it. The fixed price and limited duration makes this less interesting as well. Can't really see it doing too well, honestly.

I only want Thirty Flights Of Loving, since I already own most of the rest or have no interest in it. The fixed price and limited duration makes this less interesting as well. Can't really see it doing too well, honestly.

Yup. Had they left the original lineup I'd probably bite, but I'd only like TFOL and Offspring Fling right now.

PaulLFC

The Indie Hug Bundle has been added as a tier on Maia's Kickstarter.

It's not a pay what you want bundle, more an added incentive to back at higher tiers. The developers agreed to the bundle to support Maia, really nice to see indie devs supporting each other like this! The bundle includes:

2 copies of Maia (+ alpha access)
VVVVVV
Project Zomboid
Revenge of the Titans
Death Ray Manta
Battle Cave
Maia wallpapers
Maia digital concept art and development book
Maia soundtrack
Name a character in Maia
Your name in the credits on the game's website

The indie bundle is included in the £56+ tiers.

Link

1. Jottobots by J. Otto Seibold and Kyle Pulver
  2. Offspring Fling by Kyle Pulver (on Steam)
  3. Cortex Command by Data Realms (on Steam)
  4. Thirty Flights Of Loving by Blendo Games (on Steam)
  5. Home by Benjamin Rivers (on Steam)
  6. Captain Foraxian by Farbs McFarbs (PC DEBUT)
  7. Starseed Pilgrim by Droqen
  8. Probability 0 by Droqen
  9. Little Gardens by Michael Todd
  10. Puzzle Bots by Wadjet Eye Games (on Steam)
  11. Swift*Stitch by Sophie Houlden
  12. VVVVVV by Terry Cavanagh
  13. Deepak Fights Robots by Tom Sennet

7 hours, 13 games, $12.99

Reference: http://indiestatik.com/2012/11/23/are-you-ready-for-the-super-shock-bundle/
Even though it was advertised as such, at the moment, the bundle doesn't contain Steam keys for TFOL or Puzzle Bots. Don't know if those will be added later, but yeah.

EDIT: There were 100 codes to get the bundle for free posted on reddit like 40 minutes ago.
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/13pvvl/super_shock_bundle_13_games_for_13/

Maybe some still work. You can enter them at checkout. Just tried a few and they still seemed to be valid.

Gilby

Even though it was advertised as such, at the moment, the bundle doesn't contain Steam keys for TFOL or Puzzle Bots. Don't know if those will be added later, but yeah.

EDIT: There were 100 codes to get the bundle for free posted on reddit like 40 minutes ago.
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/13pvvl/super_shock_bundle_13_games_for_13/

Maybe some still work. You can enter them at checkout. Just tried a few and they still seemed to be valid.

Bumping cause there's less than 50 minutes left. Apparently those codes are all used up :(. Still, more people need to play Deepak. Probability 0 is awesome too.

cicero

Indie Game Stand new game is Caster, with Steam keys:

https://indiegamestand.com

A reminder to people interested in Caster that they might want to take a look at the $4 IndieFort Countdown Bundles instead.

During the next five weeks, a new four-game bundle will be available each week. For every bundle you buy, you will get 25% off on the coming countdown bundles. The more you buy, the bigger the discount gets!

Purchase
1 bundle = get 25% discount on the second bundle
2 bundles = get 50% discount on the third bundle
3 bundles = get 75% discount on the fourth bundle
4 bundles = get the “Liftoff” bundle for free

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

If you buy all four bundles you get the 5th for free, which averaged out means 20 games for $10.

I'm really conflicted about Caster: it's not a looker, but its mechanics are ridiculously fast 'n fun
(except the level with the transporter, fuck it and whoever designed it)
- and the female caster is an homage of P.N.03... but the game IS incomplete, and the developer seems to have abandoned the idea of update it.

I recomend to try the demo: if you like it OK, but remember it's basically half of the game.

cicero

New indie game bundle site up, Bundle Stars.

Bundle #1: Dynamite (Bundle runs for another 23 days)

Men of War: Vietnam - Steam Activated
Off-Road Drive - Steam Activated
Reign: Conflict of Nations - Steam Activated
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth - Steam Activated
Death Track: Resurrection - Steam Activated
Star Wolves 2 - Steam Activated
Real Warfare 1242 - Steam Activated
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades (This one is unlocked on Facebook...) - Steam Activated

Current Price (as of this post): $6.68

As a final note, I would have bought this myself, but then I realized that these are all 1C games, and that they all were included in that huge 80+ game $20 1C Complete Pack deal GamersGate had back in April. Of course these all have Steam keys, but this is just a heads up for anyone else who was thinking about getting it.

No, you have to buy the bundle first and then they keep your key hostage until you unlock it on Facebook.

That is such an incredibly stupid thing to do I'm not giving these idiots any money.

PaulLFC

New indie game bundle site up, Bundle Stars.

Bundle #1: Dynamite (Bundle runs for another 23 days)

Men of War: Vietnam - Steam Activated
Off-Road Drive - Steam Activated
Reign: Conflict of Nations - Steam Activated
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth - Steam Activated
Death Track: Resurrection - Steam Activated
Star Wolves 2 - Steam Activated
Real Warfare 1242 - Steam Activated
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades (This one is unlocked on Facebook...) - Steam Activated

Current Price (as of this post): $6.68

As a final note, I would have bought this myself, but then I realized that these are all 1C games, and that they all were included in that huge 80+ game $20 1C Complete Pack deal GamersGate had back in April. Of course these all have Steam keys, but this is just a heads up for anyone else who was thinking about getting it.
"Bundle Stars is a division of Focus Multimedia Ltd"

It's another publisher bundle rather than a true "indie" bundle. Still a good price.

Wok

Indie Gala 11 is live!

True.

Wgx2o.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Cryostasis was on a BeMine Bundle not long ago. It was the only game in that bundle that I had any interest on.

Sadly enough, it's the onyl game I'd want out of this bundle (but I already have it!)

And since they fixed the "exploit" of buying early and getting 4 gifts at a later date for only 1 buck.. No interest in this whatsoever.

I wonder what the hidden games will be.

Edit: Wait, Necrovision.. that sounds familiar.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Star Wolves is an RPG? There's no thread about it on GAF, other than the Catch All 1C thread, and that mentions it as being an RPG.

Too bad I couldn't care less about all the other RTS games in the bundle.

Wok

IFK does not exist anymore. The story will make you think twice before starting your own bundle.

Why? Financial issues. We backed IFK with everything we had, and expected sales of at least 10k with the first bundle, and planned accordingly around that. This means we took the money that should have been profit, and re-invested it into making IFK better. Well as it turns out, not many people were too thrilled with the bundle, and over the course of three bundles we managed to move a little under/over 4,000 bundles. Many of which were bought only at the discounted price rate, and that means no money for us, and PayPal fee’s also eat up what little wiggle room there is.

What does this mean? We are in a state of restructure and paying out debtors from the IFK series. This includes several small devs, with several small amounts and a bigger dev with a bigger amount.

Biart 7 immediately begin to extort us, saying that if we didn’t want support pulled that we would send them cash NOW this minute or they will. First: Send us to a debt collector, second call the police, third cancel all the activated keys and many other threats that they have sent to us including publishing an open letter on the internet

Under both business and regular life financial duress, the owner of Biart 7 has made no attempt to work with us in a civil matter. They are going around claiming multiple things that they will do to us unless they get money plain and simple. As most of you who read the chat room know, I have a heart condition and tachycardia. These constant threats from the owner of Biart7 have not only put stress on my mentality, but they have put stress on my life as well.

And for the most part the developers have been understanding as they know that when you have a failed business venture it may take some time to rebound, which I am still selling personal assets as well as business assets to make up for the $40,000 that was lost during the duration of IFK for 1. Hosting, 2. File Hosting, 3. TWO websites developed at normal developer rates of $40 an hour for two weeks and beyond, 4. The failure that the bundle was and the mistake of re-investing into it.

He even put me in such a situation he wanted me to go deposit directly to his BOFA account, which is kind of illegal, mostly frowned upon instructing me to sell my *** on street so I can deposit at least some of the money he is demanding. However, after today I am done living with the fear that this person has put me under for the past month or two. I have other financial obligations, and blackmail and saying you will spread information among the press which already has been made aware of some of the issues that IFK has been having. This is an official letter to all of you out there who buy and make bundles.

This is an official notice to everyone as well that we refuse to be bullied by developers such as Biart threatening to spread slander and libel around based on the fact that when they stomp their foot they want something done. I personally told the creator of Depth Hunter, go ahead and revoke the keys for the game – I will simply refund the user who spent on it and that will be that. He however declined saying he could revoke and we would still owe him, meaning this guy is just out to make his buck. Well for us the buck stops here. I am tired of waking up each morning to another demand from this guy which has compromised my ability to perform tasks in real life, and my ability to focus due to medical conditions. (All of which are well documented by my doctor, what he has been doing is illegal.)

Reference.

Edit: The guy has some serious ennemies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
General consensus is that Star Wolves is utter crap. I already got Cryostasis from the Haunted Be Mine Bundle or whatever it's called. So I'm only paying 1 buck for Necrovision (I'm cheap like that).

If any of the extra bundles are worth anything, I'll wait for the happy hour and buy it then.

Prophane33

more games from 1C Company :p

weren't most of the games in indie gala 10 also from 1C Company?

I believe most of them were from Paradox, most from other bundles have been 1C though. I'm going to buy this one, like all the others, though I wouldn't have to if Amazon would have released that mega 1C pack a few months ago like they were supposed to. Sadly, the best game in this bundle (Imperial Glory), I already own on GOG. I hope one of the unlockables is Star Wolves 2 (which hasn't been in an Indie Gala yet, afaik) or Men of War: Vietnam (the only one I actually care about).

J-Tier

Damn, son. Biart dude should be publicly shamed. Where is true game journalism when you need it?

Yeah, what a jackass. I actually upvoted his Depth Hunter game on steam greenlight when greenlight first showed up. I went back in and took it away.

I don't like supporting extortionists.

Tess3ract

Banned
I didn't buy anything from Indie Face Kick because not even 1 of the games looked interesting or worth my money.

Actually That's not true.

IFK1 had: Sol Survivor, and Still Life 2. The other games are mediocre and I already had 90% of them.
IFK2 had: Alien Shooter and depth hunter (games I already had from other bundles)
IFK3 had: not a single game I was interested in.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Boy, if there's one thing I think every dev/business guy should know, is never to expect any kind of minimum sales from bundles these days. 10k is kind of a lot.

Im_Special

Petition to rename thread 1C Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Okay since you asked Bundle Stars.

currently $6.68:
Men of War: Vietnam
Off-Road Drive
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Death Track: Resurrection
Star Wolves 2
Real Warfare 1242
Real Warfare 2: Nothern Crusades

All are Steam keys. Have no clue what the "unlock with facebook" shit is though.

Game Guru

IFK does not exist anymore. The story will make you think twice before starting your own bundle.

Reference.

Outside of Biart who was a jerk, there was an obvious problem with the Indie Face Kick bundle, namely that they tended to be $8 or $10 minimum but weren't games that actually deserved that high a price. I hate to say it, but the competition just had better looking games for lower minimums. Disregarding Humble Bundle because it's far above any of them in selection, Indie Royale, Indie Gala, and Groupees generally had better looking games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And with Indie Gala 11, I've received all three Star Wolves game from indie bundles. Nice.

PaulLFC

I'm not a fan of how Indiegala phrase their bundles in the emails they send out. The one I got said:

Pay what you want for 9 Great STEAM games

Except that's not true. It's "Pay what you want for 1 game, pay over $1 for two more games, pay over $3.99 for 7 games now and 2 other games later".

It's still a good price, and for me personally, more than worth it - that's not what I have a problem with. But they shouldn't be advertising it as "pay what you want for 9 games" because that isn't really how it works. They don't advertise that there's a minimum for most of those 9 games, not until you've gone to their website anyway.

As for the IFK stuff, I think that's new thread worthy if only to let people know how Biart have supposedly acted.

Im_Special

I'm not a fan of how Indiegala phrase their bundles in the emails they send out. The one I got said:

This is how most all bundles do it now to avoid the 1 penny abuse, so a minimum is necessary in order to at least break even for the bundle they are doing. It's still pay what you want because there's no ceiling to how high you can, so if you are feeling generous or want to give extra to a certain dev or charity you have that option.

I just wish it was standard for all bundles to have a PayHowYouWant with sliders, so I can put the money where I want instead.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I just wish it was standard for all bundles to have a PayHowYouWant with sliders, so I can put the money where I want instead.

Agreed, but I'll mention that it's a bit hard to implement. You've gotta get all the sliders to move relative to each other in an appropriate and balanced way and deal with fractions of a penny... The algorithms all seem obvious but they never quite work the way you think they should. HumbleBundle's Javascript to do it is actually pretty complex.

And with Indie Gala 11, I've received all three Star Wolves game from indie bundles. Nice.

Same.

After playing the first one for 20 minutes and it crashing 3 different times at 3 different places, I am excited to finish the exciting Star Wolves trilogy that will surely be one the greatest video game trilogies of all time when all is said and done.

Wok

According to Youtube commenters:

1. Paranormal (Greenlight)
  2. Gorky 17
  3. Dawn of Fantasy (Greenlight)
  4. Worms Reloaded (Steam)
  5. Earth 2160 (Steam)
  6. Eschalon: Book I (Steam)
  7. Two Worlds (Steam)
  8. Ceville (Steam)

Dawn of War should be greenlit on Saturday.

Greenlit on Nov 30th?
November 7th, 2012 - Reverie World Indie

I wanted to take a moment to once again thank all of you for continuing support and up voting us!

And it`s time to share some good news! Dawn of Fantasy is currently sitting at the # 2 spot on Greenlight and with Steam announcing the next round on November 30th, all of us at Reverie are hopefully that this is it, and we finally gonna make it!

The best part - unlike nearly 30 other Greenlit games, Dawn of Fantasy is all set and ready to go - and we hope to release it on Steam as soon as humanly possible - perhaps even in 1 week after getting Greenlit.

And in conclusion we would like to confirm that we will provide a Steam key to all of our current players - and we are really looking forward to playing Dawn of Fantasy via Steam with you guys.

Looks likely that I might be picking that one up. I've been interested in Eschalon for a while and looks like a good chance to pick that up with bunch of extra games too.

Top Bottom