• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extensive Capcom digital release survey, asks what you want to see them make

new Power Stone please. I'd also like a digital release of resident evil remake and a remake of resident evil 2.

I am prepared to pay £30 for a remake of resident evil 2 capcom, doesn't have to have a physical release, release it on xbox live / playstation network and I will happily pay £30 for the game on both services.

are you listening capcom, do it.

Amagon

xBXDj.png

truth

A new Battle Network needs to have some sort of online feature or be a completely online game. I mean the series is practically tailored to it.

Did my part, asked for new installments of Gun.Smoke, Trojan, Advanced Dungeons&Dragons and Section Z.

Also, one of the options was HD Remix of Demon's Crest/Gargoyle's Quest!? I almost had a heart attack.

New Battle Network, new Legends, and at the very least ports of Legends 1, Legends 2, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

In all of the comments sections, I made sure to emphasize I want new titles and not just ports...

sleepykyo

Filled out survey and put in I wanted AvP or D&D under the Resident Evil section. Also started just saying no rather than have to deal with would you buy port of this, this, this?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No MvC in the most interested in digital games bit :/

EDIT: Hmm:

A New Street Fighter Alpha HD (using Alpha 3 as a base + new characters)

kunonabi

Too many port/HD remake questions that I started saying Definitely won't buy to everything.

i said no to all ports aside from alpha2, outbreak, and legends. i mostly expressed interest in new outbreak and mega man games. i made it very clear i want new games and ports/remakes.

Tizoc

I'll give Sven credit, poor guy tries to do his best, so hopefully he can convince the hardasses at Capcpom Japan to allow for some classic releases on PSN, etc.

Still doing the survey, I've yes-ed a lot of stuff so far lol.

...but man SFEX?! I'd be down for a compilation of 1~3 with online if they're arcade versions, otherwise classic PSX and PS2 release would be fine for me, since my brothers and I played the games A LOT as kids. Also had the BEST Trial mode of any 2D fighter.

Wasn't given an option to beg for Battle Circuit, Star Gladiator, Cyberbots or any of those licenced games I really want.

I hope this actually does something to forward things.

Damnit this better get me Operate Shooting Star!!

And was floored at the EX option!!! Go Capcom. Get that and Fighting Layer!!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Step 1: Select Mega Man and Power Stone
Step 2: Choose "Would buy" for all
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Rockman Xover becomes the big 25th anniversary game and Power Stone 3 is announced/cancelled simultaneously. Street Fighter x Dino Crisis is launched with half the roster being on-disc DLC.

SH7UC.gif

Beckx

All I wanted to do was plea for Asura to appear in future titles.

Sadly I had to shoehorn that into one of the few "Other" boxes.

Tizoc

Wasn't given an option to beg for Battle Circuit, Star Gladiator, Cyberbots or any of those licenced games I really want.
My brother!
There was a box that stated 'Other' in which I wrote down ALL THOSE GAMES YOU MENTIONED! If you can re-do the survey just add them all in ;D

And was floored at the EX option!!! Go Capcom. Get that and Fighting Layer!!

Same here brah, I honestly wouldn't mind if they were just PSX and PS2 ports, but anything would be better than my 50 Hz PAL copy of SFEX1 lol.

Gave some love for Power Stone and even threw in a request for Cannon Spike, Tech Romancer, Battle Circuit, and Armored Warriors when I could.

Did my part, I'm staunchly against ports and remakes. Sick of the cash ins on old games.

Focus on new ideas or use existing franchises in new ways.

Took survey. Specified that I would like to see RE4, 5 and Remake ported to PSVita (and Remake to Vita/360/PSN).

Also want RE2 remade, like GameCube REmake - but made available to PS3/360 and Vita.

Protome

What I'm asking for:

PSN Last Ranker (PSP)
PSN Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)
PSN Breath of Fire 3 (PSP)

All these games already exist, just release them here, please.

I asked for more Power Stone too, please.

I specifically put in the suggestions "YO', I'D TOTALLY REBUY MEGAMAN POWERED UP IF IT WAS ON PSN."

It's still crazy that it's not there, when the vastly inferior Maverick Hunter X is.

Coxy

I like how they as "was x one of your favourite franchises" maybe they actually understand they arent anymore :(

I wish they had asked for more input/given more choices for soem of the questions, a lot of it felt like "If you want us to go to more effort than this, kindly fuck off" but I dont just want ports of everything I already own

Tizoc

I specifically put in the suggestions "YO', I'D TOTALLY REBUY MEGAMAN POWERED UP IF IT WAS ON PSN."

It's still crazy that it's not there, when the vastly inferior Maverick Hunter X is.

Maverick Hunter X is good, my brother and I have replayed dozens of time on the PSP.
Then again X1 has always been one of my fav. replayed games every year...dunno why.

Protome

Maverick Hunter X is good, my brother and I have replayed dozens of time on the PSP.
Then again X1 has always been one of my fav. replayed games every year...dunno why.

It's good but it just has nothing on Powered Up. Megaman Powered Up has just so much content, and the level creation/sharing tools were totally awesome.

jbug617

Banned
I think this survey is more about Capcom Japan and not Capcom USA. I'm sure Capcom USA sees the viability of digital games but needs the ok from Capcom Japan to do it.

Tizoc

^That's how it's been for the longest time it would seem.

It's good but it just has nothing on Powered Up. Megaman Powered Up has just so much content, and the level creation/sharing tools were totally awesome.

On this I agree, but I've had A LOT of fun with MHX still. Non the less I'll get both for my Vita (waiting for MHX to go on sale for $5 again since I already own a UMD ver. XP).

I hope this survey is hinting at least at some sort of Power Stone re-release. Loved that shit as a kid, almost bought a Dreamcast just so I could play it at home.

Answered Definitely Buy for new HD Megaman platformer, new Alpha, and EX ports.

Also answered that my most wanted thing was full HD remakes (HDR/Rearmed) as opposed to mere ports (MvC2/Sf3OE/DSR)

tkscz

I hope enough people asked for MML: 3 back. Also more power stone and Dino Crisis. DC 3 doesn't count as a game.

the thing that make me happiest about this survey is they treated Devil May Cry and DmC as separate entities.

Even a DMC in the style of bloodrayne betrayal (with obviously more depth in the combat) would be amazing.

Top Bottom