• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extensive Capcom digital release survey, asks what you want to see them make

Protome

^That's how it's been for the longest time it would seem.

On this I agree, but I've had A LOT of fun with MHX still. Non the less I'll get both for my Vita (waiting for MHX to go on sale for $5 again since I already own a UMD ver. XP).

I have a UMD copy of powered up but no longer have a functional PSP that can run it. I broke my original PSP and ended up replacing it with a PSPGo because of the "Buy a PSPGo and get 10 free games!" thing, not realising that Powered Up wasn't on PSN.

danmaku

I must be missing something. First they ask me about my favourite franchises, and then they ask me AGAIN if I'm interested in franchises I didn't select. Oh well, props to Sven for trying, maybe after the Dark Souls PC case the higher ups will be more interested in what the internet has to say.

My brother!
There was a box that stated 'Other' in which I wrote down ALL THOSE GAMES YOU MENTIONED! If you can re-do the survey just add them all in ;D

Doing that now. Added Capcom Fighting All-Stars & Evolution and I feel dumb for forgetting Gotcha Force. And added TvC for good measure. The VS GAME!!!

Same here brah, I honestly wouldn't mind if they were just PSX and PS2 ports, but anything would be better than my 50 Hz PAL copy of SFEX1 lol.

At this point Arika should've went forward with that tech demo for the 3DS and made something from that.

Zaventem

Holy shit this would be a dream come true.

all_of_it.jpg

Bring the zero series to consoles in HD too.

Funny how when first reaching the Mega Man ports section there was the comment box at the bottom in which I asked for an actual new MM game based off classic style as a base but with a new coat of paint and then the next page had such a thing as an option under new HD Mega Man, well I think they threw that comment box at me a bit too early. Though I threw in a stage creator mention as well, they did it with powered up and they were going to do it again with universe, it makes sense to ask.

Why wasn't there an Ace Attorney section where I can berate them for skipping AAI2?!

bumpkin

Hmm... What would games like Mega Man 2 Powered Up or Maverick Hunter X-2 be classified as, "HD Remake" or "Franchise reboot?"

Tizoc

Doing that now. Added Capcom Fighting All-Stars & Evolution and I feel dumb for forgetting Gotcha Force. And added TvC for good measure. The VS GAME!!!
Well shoot I'll add in TvC, Gotcha Force & Granbo later on.
Oh and CFJ is on JPN PSN now. I like the game but wouldn't pay more than $5 for it be it a PS2 classic or otherwise...unless they bundle it with another game for $15 then I'll think about it @_@

At this point Arika should've went forward with that tech demo for the 3DS and made something from that.

I guess they couldn't find a publisher or someone to help in releasing whatever their title was?

Hmm... What would games like Mega Man 2 Powered Up or Maverick Hunter X-2 be classified as, "HD Remake" or "Franchise reboot?"

A little of both, a little of neither.

Powered Up was a remake.

Maverick Hunter X was supposed to be canonical reboot.

So their sequels would qualify as the same I'd suppose.

Well shoot I'll add in TvC, Gotcha Force & Granbo later on.
Oh and CFJ is on JPN PSN now. I like the game but wouldn't pay more than $5 for it be it a PS2 classic or otherwise...unless they bundle it with another game for $15 then I'll think about it @_@

I bought it for $40 once. I wouldn't buy it again unless I had a really good reason or a version that would make mine obsolete.

I guess they couldn't find a publisher or someone to help in releasing whatever their title was?

They ended up getting the work for Tekken 3D off of that demo so it did some good. Not the good I'd prefer but good.

Raide

Done. Bombed Resi and Megaman (Dead series I have no interest in unless its a new Outbreak) clicked the "Hell Yes!" out of PowerStone and Onimusha.

DmC is another branch of the franchise. I thought we were through this?

and as ive said to you, im not convinced that DMC has the brand strength to have two parallel universes.

The only franchises that do, sell a significant amount more, and even then they are either the protag in a different situation rather than universe (paper mario) or self contained stories under the franchise banner (NFS, COD, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear)

from a business point of view, Its simply not worth the brand dilution.

No matter the PR speak, Ill believe it when I see it. Until then i see it as either the DmC gets canned if its not at least moderately successful (unlikely) or DmC takes over.

jbug617

Banned
You know what the Street Fighter Alpha scenario (Alpha 3 with new characters) is very specific for just a suggestion.

Checked Yes for Megaman series...saw that the Zero series wasn't mentioned. Went back and checked No for megaman

Also Viewtiful Joe and Strider series namedropped in the survey....nothing will come from this

I marked Mega Man... All of the Mega Mans... and the text box? FULL of Mega Mans.

Mega Man being the first thing they ask if it was one of the favorites gives me a little hope... PLEASE capcom! I want to give you money for Mega Mans! Just let me do it!

duckroll

I completed the survey. It was pretty long, and a lot of the choices feel kinda pointless, but oh well. At least Capcom has finally acknowledged the Resident Evil series in past tense. That counts for something I guess!

Skilletor

A New Street Fighter Alpha HD (using Alpha 3 as a base + new characters)
I would spend 60 dollars on this.

More, because I would purchase it for every console I own.

Hell, just bring the PSP version to digital services.

Valnen

also everyone please let them know how you feel about RE6 in the appropriate comment section :)

I asked for a new RE: Mercs game on PSN/XBL/Steam with as many characters/costumes as possible, basically told them to add everyone ever. And a new RE4 PC port based on the HD collection. I also made it clear how happy I was they were considering an HD port of REmake.

I also asked for a DMC: Bloody Palace game (Dahbomb came up with this I think?) in the RE comments since there was no other place on the survey for it.

Top Bottom