• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here bothered to keep up with Wolf Guy?

hE6A5.jpg

I know, I know. Pretty much everyone here, including me, dropped it after Inugami went all emo and it became a rape hentai for God knows how many chapters. But I've been reading the earlier chapters again and it was pretty good and I really like the art. It would be such a waste if it didn't pick up after that. Is it still a waste of time?

Ending was awful but after all the rape stuff the manga reaches some incredible absurd levels of "so bad is good" for me, specially at some chapters. Probably not worth it for most people. But I glad I keep it until the end.

Lain

Moonlight Act vol 12
6f5f7e9873f23f47b8694499adc68ed51acb26a2.jpg

Fujita, you master troll! Teasing the reveal about Gekko's real identity/past for the whole volume while actyually talking about Tyltyl and then the volume ends on a cliffhanger!

Reading about Tyltyl and seeing what he saw in that fable, I can't really blame him for
wanting to erase all the other stories except for One Thousand and One Nights,
though why he only wants to keep that one is still a mystery (to me).

Some of the things said by Tyltyl and what Gekko says while doing his training, I get the implication the two are linked with each other, but it remains to be seen how and why.

---------

The Breaker - New Waves 98-99

When Shioon started thinking about knowing what he had to do, in chapter 98 (such a short chapter), I was fearing the worst, like giving himself up or some shit, but then he pulled off some crazy idea in 99. He has really grown up, though it's taken/is taking a bit too long to bloom to the full potential.
Given the end of chapter 99, I wonder how he'll come out of that and I wonder what the death count will be.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kind of random, but can I have some manga-style art book recommendations? I have the pixiv and the soejima one and I'm thinking of expanding my collection.

Though I think I'd actually just like a good resource on what titles there are and just browse books whose style I like.

god_king_mode_medaka_avatar_redeyes_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqr.png
gold_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqu.png
great_ash_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdqw.png
creed_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5pse10.png
empoleon_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdr0.png
female_knight_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d5psdr2.png

Okay, there's the final batch for now as I'm exhausted and my elbow hurts.

fixed Medaka for Milk, cause the eyes were the wrong colour.

Added Empoleon in case Wiseblade wants it, cause I <3 u.

and uhh... Ash Ketchum is up for grabs in case someone wants to be Ash.

/edit messed up creed's shadoww

/edit fixed.
Very nice ! Thanks!

Really really really nice.

Like really. Neoriceisgood:D

Soul eater

Maka is so useless. She´s also dumb enough to fight in close quarters with a scythe. Black Star is doing great. I can´t wait for Kid to arrive. Maka/father combo should happen.
Soul Eater

This thing better get a second fucking anime I swear.
Weird, i was thinking about the same thing when i was reading the chapter.

Kuroko no basket

There´s no limit on the development of Kise. Meh, Kise should win and send Kuroko and co. crying.

Desmond

Hey guys, how far into HxH would I need to be before I read the Kurapika chapters? I've just marathoned the first arc in the new anime.

Lain

Kind of random, but can I have some manga-style art book recommendations? I have the pixiv and the soejima one and I'm thinking of expanding my collection.

Though I think I'd actually just like a good resource on what titles there are and just browse books whose style I like.

I'd recommend the Queen's Blade one (it's good, it got Oda Non art in it!) and the Valkyrie Chronicles books, all 3 (though the third one has still to be released in English). All worth it.

Oh, also Kozue Amano Illustration Works IV - Birth Art Book if you can get your hands on it. Really worth it, though I think it's only available in Japanese?

upandaway

Hey guys, how far into HxH would I need to be before I read the Kurapika chapters? I've just marathoned the first arc in the new anime.
It should be fine anywhere after the hunter exam. I'll say it's even a good idea to read it before the Yorkshin arc as soon as possible because it can really help your mind digest a few key points before you tackle them in the story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Queen's blade pretty much epitomise everything I hate about manga character design. It's not even about the boobs really.

I have been considering the valkyria chronicles book. Love the first game but didn't get the chance to play 2 and 3.

Also googling oda non brought up some pretty... interesting results.

Desmond

It should be fine anywhere after the hunter exam. I'll say it's even a good idea to read it before the Yorkshin arc as soon as possible because it can really help your mind digest a few key points before you tackle them in the story.
Nice, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

We are on a popular internet forum feverishly discussing about a manga based on the feverish discussion of a man's romantic adventure on a popular internet forum.

Akito

Shounen Shoujo 18 kin ch1-3 (end)

izUnkMTjO6nsO.jpg

A story about an average high school student and his not so average female friend, who wants to become a hentai artist. The girl is fairly amusing and there is enough smut for smut gaf to enjoy, the art is pretty nice too. Too bad there are only 3 chapters.

Soul Eater - I love how they keep shoving in our face that Black Star is the best and how weak Maka is. I hope the author does a Black Star spinoff at some point.

Wolf Guy 1-117, the end

I took the hit for the group, even though no one asked me to.

Why I did it? I have no idea. I looked at the "recent" list of the manga app on my old iPad, to complete the favorite list on my new iPad, I case I missed some older stuff, and I noticed that I stopped reading Wolf Guy around chapter 60, right after the endless raping began.

I was endlessly tired, but for some reason I wanted to see again how it all started and from then on I couldn't stop reading for some reason. I knew it was shit, I read your posts and I actually wanted to start with 7 Seeds, but I was really stuck.

This manga is a complete downhill ride to the very end. It starts good, turns decent, gets annoying and then reaches a point, were I want to shoot myself in the head, just to make it stop.

What happened to Inugami was a tragedy. And I don't mean his background story, but what happened to his character. He was the noble werewolf, full of pride, who lets the delinquents beat him to pulp, just to come back to school the next day, with a big fat grin on his face. He told the principal how full of shit he was and called the members of the student council out for their bullshit.

But then he turned into this whiny emo kid with too much power, a mother complex and a tragic backstory. What the fuck. If I want to read tragic background stories that bore me to death, I'll go back to read One Piece and if I want the whiny emo kid with too much power, then I can go back and read some Naruto chapters with the Sauce or even Bleach.

Once you pass the rape part, which goes on and on and on, it then just gets completely ridiculous and with every page I read, all I could think was "what a waste of good art". It's like watching a pretty picture slowly turning to shit.

And I really like the character art. Now, I already mentioned that I might be easy to impress when it comes to art in manga, but things like the depiction of Haguro, who's turning completely insane, and his inner monster is really good. I like it.

6MnG9.jpg

ErMa6.jpg

ZqR5o.jpg

No, he didn't actually turn into a monster or summon one, but given the terrible plot, it would be no surprise. And that's a shame, really. The plot is 100% schlock and not even in a way, where I could say "it's so bad, it's good". It's just pure and utter shit, right down to the very last page and it saddens me. He could do some really wonderful horror, if it wasn't for the writing.

But maybe I'm just insane.

Now I need the final chapter of Molester Man to cheer me up or at least give me some closure.

Soul Eater 105

I wonder how long this fight will last in 2013. Anyway like everyone else has said Black&#9734;Star epic as usual. Maka is pretty weak and has the art quality for her been decreasing the longer this manga has gone on, she looked really odd in lots of panels and same for crona.

Crona has been confirmed male?

Soul Eater 105

I wonder how long this fight will last in 2013. Anyway like everyone else has said Black&#9734;Star epic as usual. Maka is pretty weak and has the art quality for her been decreasing the longer this manga has gone on, she looked really odd in lots of panels and same for crona.

Crona has been confirmed male?

No. It´s just the translators. I think the manga will be over soon. Usually these monthlies are 108 chapters long, like FMA, and Death Note. I´m not sure if SE will finish at 108 chapters, but there´s not much to the manga once the Kishin is defeated.

Akito

Sakamichi no Apollon Bonus Track
I wanted to close out 2012 with a good manga and thought of My Girl as it was recently finished and is supposed to be really great but this'll do. Really nice collection of side stories and we even got an epilogue at the end. That's how a bonus track should be.

Well, there's still a little time, maybe I can get some chapters of My Girl done.

survivor

Banned
I'd recommend the Queen's Blade one (it's good, it got Oda Non art in it!) and the Valkyrie Chronicles books, all 3 (though the third one has still to be released in English). All worth it.

Oh, also Kozue Amano Illustration Works IV - Birth Art Book if you can get your hands on it. Really worth it, though I think it's only available in Japanese?

Whoa, I never knew that. Now I'm interested in getting it.

Shokugeki no Soma 6
tumblr_mfwm51b03G1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Seeing Souma pick up the band tie it around his hand and get to cooking never gets old, guess its his trademark thing and love every time he does it.

The title page listed a Morisaki Yuki as a collaborator, I wonder who that is and what they did for this. I think this was an chapter that was to be expected in terms of direction since Soma is clearly not loaded enough to have his own apartment and the dorm is a good place for plot. I guess next would be getting to know the other people in the dorm or even if he has roommate or something. Nice bath scene for him and I guess the food was good.

Pimpwerx

Wolf Guy 1-117, the end

I took the hit for the group, even though no one asked me to.

Why I did it? I have no idea. I looked at the "recent" list of the manga app on my old iPad, to complete the favorite list on my new iPad, I case I missed some older stuff, and I noticed that I stopped reading Wolf Guy around chapter 60, right after the endless raping began.

I was endlessly tired, but for some reason I wanted to see again how it all started and from then on I couldn't stop reading for some reason. I knew it was shit, I read your posts and I actually wanted to start with 7 Seeds, but I was really stuck.

This manga is a complete downhill ride to the very end. It starts good, turns decent, gets annoying and then reaches a point, were I want to shoot myself in the head, just to make it stop.

What happened to Inugami was a tragedy. And I don't mean his background story, but what happened to his character. He was the noble werewolf, full of pride, who lets the delinquents beat him to pulp, just to come back to school the next day, with a big fat grin on his face. He told the principal how full of shit he was and called the members of the student council out for their bullshit.

But then he turned into this whiny emo kid with too much power, a mother complex and a tragic backstory. What the fuck. If I want to read tragic background stories that bore me to death, I'll go back to read One Piece and if I want the whiny emo kid with too much power, then I can go back and read some Naruto chapters with the Sauce or even Bleach.

Once you pass the rape part, which goes on and on and on, it then just gets completely ridiculous and with every page I read, all I could think was "what a waste of good art". It's like watching a pretty picture slowly turning to shit.

And I really like the character art. Now, I already mentioned that I might be easy to impress when it comes to art in manga, but things like the depiction of Haguro, who's turning completely insane, and his inner monster is really good. I like it.

No, he didn't actually turn into a monster or summon one, but given the terrible plot, it would be no surprise. And that's a shame, really. The plot is 100% schlock and not even in a way, where I could say "it's so bad, it's good". It's just pure and utter shit, right down to the very last page and it saddens me. He could do some really wonderful horror, if it wasn't for the writing.

But maybe I'm just insane.

Now I need the final chapter of Molester Man to cheer me up or at least give me some closure.

I appreciate this post. I too liked the character art in the series, but I stopped reading when the rap scene started. I heard about how it goes on for a long time, and I decided to wait for more chapters to come out so I could marathon through that part. Well, I never got back to it. I guess I'll finish it now. The pacing was slow enough, I remember everything up to where I stopped. PEACE.

jbug617

Banned
Sakamichi no Apollon: Bonus Track 5

Since the anime is over, I want this chapter to be an OVA for the show. It's a great chapter to wrap up the story of the 3 friends.

Akito

Sakamichi no Apollon: Bonus Track 5

Since the anime is over, I want this chapter to be an OVA for the show. It's a great chapter to wrap up the story of the 3 friends.
Last time I heard the anime bombed pretty hard so we can only wish ._.

bigkrev

Food Smut 1-6

As some others have said, there just isn't much to this. A situation appears, some shit goes bad, he cooks a dish that gives the judge an orgasm. I would like to see something new before it gets canceled, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom