• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

Tieno

Doom_Bringer said:
in terms of scale? right? Please elaborate
In terms of graphics. Just compare any mp screenshot/movie to an sp screenshot/movie. Hell compare SP Master Chief to MP Master Chief

Borys

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
uhh I don't see any PS3 fans here. I see two PC doodz (Borys and Kabuter) and one Nintendo guy (Unison) and Flatout NL just trolls everything

Please, REREAD my comments before making a fool out of yourslef. If that was trolling (and it wasn't, believe me I can troll Halo but not untill it launches) that you was so kind to point out then why DIDN'T you point out these:

TheJollyCorner said:
is this surge of HALO 3 hype/news/nervousness due to the upcoming behemoth known as RESISTANCE?

Funky Papa said:
Not sure if Bungie should show the MP first. Halo has never been a looker in that respect.

PnCIa said:
hmh, I dunno what I should think about the graphics...
Halo 2 HD+better textures and lighting or not?

Cerrius said:
Err... I know the graphics are in the "early" stages but uhh... from what I see in those scans Halo 3 doesn't look that better than Halo 2... wtf?

bigger pics are needed

B E N K E said:
Halo 2.5, at least when it comes to multiplayer. That's what I heard and it certainly looks like it judging from the mp screens.

But you had to blast me and Kaboteur of all people, how very nice of you, Doom_Clown.

Jeff-DSA

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hear that sound? That's the sound of five million people cancelling their Halo 3 preorders.

But hey nevermind at least you're not trolling the graphics. This thread has already turned to shit.

What's your problem? Get your lips off of Bungie's butt, will you? Since when was a valid concern for a game that I'm looking forward to considered trolling?

I'm getting the game day one, I just would like to see a really, really, basic feature included in the game.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
AltogetherAndrews said:
Halo has never been a looker in any respect, with the possible exception of pyrotechnics and atmospheric effects. It's all been forgiven because of the scale of the battlefields and the general focus of the game, but the games have never been particularily pretty.

I agree with this. Halo 2 wasn't a pixel orgy for your eyes, more like a "menage a trois". Parts of Halo 2 maps are very barren, and inside a lot of base structures not a whole lot was going on. I guess if a person was used to Playstation 2 games, Halo 2 looked spectacular, but if you were used to X-Box visuals the graphics in Halo 2 weren't mind blowing.

Now looking at these maps, you can really see a large increase in detail in the base structures. The jump in visual fidelity over Halo 2 is quite large.

To me Halo 3 looks fantastic from these shots. The graphics have got lots jazz. And the maps seem to have plenty breathing room when it comes to the map size.

Ramirez

I really don't get why most of you are even complaining as you will never play the game for more than a week after it's release. I'm not sure 90% of you who post here even play any games to begin with :p *see Nutter's Halo 2 get together thread* :lol

Small magazine scans suddenly equal Halo 2.5 for MP, even though Bungie continually says that most everything is a place holder graphic?
I got faith, it's still a bit from release.

Lakitu

st5fu
You guys are NEVER happy with anything are you? Every single game has to blow your minds away graphically, it's ridiculous, you're living in a fantasy world, all you're doing is picturing what these games look like (as if they're the best ever) and then you get dissapointed.

jjasper

This is going to be like the DMC4 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma threads again, people talk about how shitty it looks because of pictures of a magazine then the direct feed screens are released and make those people look like dumbasses.

yeah the maps seem real big, and the inclusion of the cannon thing and new vehicles to facilitate more speedy travel. Alot of signs point to the max players being upped.

Mooreberg

Crysis being shown off so early has pretty much killed the chances of other games coming out blowing people's minds. Is this the fastest that we've seen what next-gen systems are really capable of?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
hmmm when sites said that the graphics weren't finished and they were using lots of place holders they weren't kidding. looks like halo 2 to me.

Cdammen

sublime085 said:
I love the forerunner architecture but the covenant stuff I was always a little meh about. Overall Halo got some damn kickass environs.
Yeah, the Forerunners concrete (?) buildings and overall clean cut design was perfect in combination with the nature on Halo. I really liked that.

Unison

Lakitu said:
You guys are NEVER happy with anything are you? Every single game has to blow your minds away graphically, it's ridiculous, you're living in a fantasy world, all you're doing is picturing what these games look like (as if they're the best ever) and then you get dissapointed.

Why else would I spend $400 on a console? Shouldn't I expect a console's premiere title to blow my mind graphically?

Not a Jellyfish said:
hmmm when sites said that the graphics weren't finished and they were using lots of place holders they weren't kidding. looks like halo 2 to me.

Make with the comparison pics then. So much talk going on and no action.

B E N K E

sublime085 said:
yeah the maps seem real big, and the inclusion of the cannon thing and new vehicles to facilitate more speedy travel. Alot of signs point to the max players being upped.

16 is the magic number.

Kabouter

Lakitu said:

I do expect a significant graphical upgrade when I shell out for new and better hardware yes. And this is not it. Sure, a lot can change in a year. But as it stands right now, it just doesn't look even remotely impressive.

Mooreberg said:
Crysis being shown off so early has pretty much killed the chances of other games coming out blowing people's minds. Is this the fastest that we've seen what next-gen systems are really capable of?

I've got a feeling we'll see shit a lot more impressive than Crysis on Xbox 360 and PS3 the coming years. Developers are only scratching the surface.

PnCIa

Are destructible environments in? :D
I don´t mean Red Faction kind of things...just building you can blow up etc...

Hyoushi

OK, I'll translate some tidbits from the (partially readable) interview part

On plot twists
"Halo 3 will contain more plot twists than any other game in the series" --Jaime Griesemer

On Gears of War being competition
"We've played lots and lots of multiplayer and some singleplayer, and yeah, it's really good. But it's also quite a bit different from what we're doing. I realize that a lot of people are concerned that Halo 3 and GoW are going to compete for the same audience, but I think that when people get to play, they'll realize how different the games are. Gears is a much slower game where stragegy and cover plays a bigger part." --Jaime Griesemer

On graphics
"A lot is still missing in this build. Weather- and water effects are missing, and most of our HDR isn't in there yet. We're still at alpha stage, but when everything is in place, Halo 3 will be the best X360 has to offer." --Brian Jarrard

"We definitely have another strategy than Epic Games when it comes to graphics. We'll never engulf our game environments in lots of details like that. GoW looks absolutely fantastic, but we want to avoid compromising Halo's unique visual style. That's why we're making a clean, sharp game as opposed to one with insane amount of details." --Brian Jarrard

"There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one." --Brian Jarrard

On multiplayer and bots
"Multiplayer has always been important, but it's developed in a different way which makes it look bigger for every game. We have a base that we always build the MP part on, whereas the SP mode practically has to be built ground-up every time. Xbox Live also made MP in Halo 2 even more important." --Brian Jarrard

"A lot of people ask us about bots. They think that the AI in Halo was pretty damn good, and would work well in MP as well, but it's really not that simple. The enemies in Halo are optimized for encountering the player in large numbers. They would be a lot worse at abstract thought AI like 'I have to defend my flag' and so forth. In short, to create bots for Halo would be an immense undertaking, and we rather put that time into making new levels, weapons and netcode." --Jaime Griesemer

Wollan

Topic change. :lol

Wild speculation on the new X move. My guess is that is is a combo sprint/head butt move. Since they said in the article that they would like to focus on their holy trinity which is a balance between guns, grenades and melee.

Frenck

Banned
Unison said:
Why else would I spend $400 on a console? Shouldn't I expect a console's premiere title to blow my mind graphically?

Gears of War doesn't blow your mind graphically?

Maybe you need new glasses or even better, new eyes.

Mooreberg

Mike G.E.D. said:
Why does everyone want Bots? THIS IS WHAT SINGLE PLAYER IS FOR.

Games like UT do a good job with bots. But they're never going to do it as long as they are selling XBL subscriptions.

This is the problem I'm having with XB360 and PS3. Systems are more expensive than ever now, and we're seeing them hit the wall technologically earlier than I can remember it happening in previous hardware cycles.

Uncle

Wow. It seems that my copy of Halo 2 was broken, because it certainly didn't look like Halo 3. I feel betrayed.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Mooreberg said:
Games like UT do a good job with bots. But they're never going to do it as long as they are selling XBL subscriptions.

This is the problem I'm having with XB360 and PS3. Systems are more expensive than ever now, and we're seeing them hit the wall technologically earlier than I can remember it happening in previous hardware cycles.

The 360 is no where close to hitting the wall technologically and the PS3 isn't even out yet. trust me what you are seeing now in titles is just barely scratching the service of what developers will be able to do.

Wow looks like the XBDF are out in force.

Seems to be said in the Sony topics all the time.

Anyway can't see much in the pics, I did expect to see something very different though, I can understand the Halo 2 HD comments.

BuddyC

Mooreberg said:
Whaaaaaaaat? The PS3 isn't even out yet and you're saying its already hit the metaphorical technogical wall?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Francias Castiglione said:
Thanks for the translation. That is the only sentence that a lot of people even need to read.

When's the last time I heard a developer use the "alpha stage" excuse?

Oh yeah! PERFECT DARK ZERO

Jeff-DSA

Hyoushi said:
OK, I'll translate some tidbits from the (partially readable) interview part

On plot twists
"Halo 3 will contain more plot twists than any other game in the series" --Jaime Griesemer

On Gears of War being competition
"We've played lots and lots of multiplayer and some singleplayer, and yeah, it's really good. But it's also quite a bit different from what we're doing. I realize that a lot of people are concerned that Halo 3 and GoW are going to compete for the same audience, but I think that when people get to play, they'll realize how different the games are. Gears is a much slower game where stragegy and cover plays a bigger part." --Jaime Griesemer

On graphics
"A lot is still missing in this build. Weather- and water effects are missing, and most of our HDR isn't in there yet. We're still at alpha stage, but when everything is in place, Halo 3 will be the best X360 has to offer." --Brian Jarrard

"We definitely have another strategy than Epic Games when it comes to graphics. We'll never engulf our game environments in lots of details like that. GoW looks absolutely fantastic, but we want to avoid compromising Halo's unique visual style. That's why we're making a clean, sharp game as opposed to one with insane amount of details." --Brian Jarrard

"There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one." --Brian Jarrard

On multiplayer and bots
"Multiplayer has always been important, but it's developed in a different way which makes it look bigger for every game. We have a base that we always build the MP part on, whereas the SP mode practically has to be built ground-up every time. Xbox Live also made MP in Halo 2 even more important." --Brian Jarrard

"A lot of people ask us about bots. They think that the AI in Halo was pretty damn good, and would work well in MP as well, but it's really not that simple. The enemies in Halo are optimized for encountering the player in large numbers. They would be a lot worse at abstract thought AI like 'I have to defend my flag' and so forth. In short, to create bots for Halo would be an immense undertaking, and we rather put that time into making new levels, weapons and netcode." --Jaime Griesemer

Uh, I guess I can understand that bot defense, but it still seems really weak.

Anyway, everything else sounds great and there's really NO REASON to be trolling this game. I guarantee that Halo 3 will rock. People in here actively hating on it are going to miss out on a great next-gen experience.

Mooreberg said:

So if Halo 3 had good bots nobody would want to play online?

Clearly you have a dizzying intellect.

Jeff-DSA said:
People in here actively hating on it are going to miss out on a great this-gen experience.

Fixed

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mike G.E.D. said:
Why does everyone want Bots? THIS IS WHAT SINGLE PLAYER IS FOR.
dude! we've got to train offline on the MP maps so people don't think we're noobs! imagine what people might think if i end up on the bottom of the ladder? oh dear, i dare not think it!

Top Bottom