• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's everyone confirmed to be "supporting" PS4

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is for developers that ship software.

Pity Valve's only ship is missing.

LLmB3.jpg

Hanmik

Hmm. just recieved an Update for the list.. They made a mistake with the Pal list it seems..

Avalanche Studios
Blitz Games Studios
Bohemia Interactive
CD Projekt RED
CLIMAX STUDIOS
Hello Games
Just Add Water (Developments), Ltd.
Deep Silver
Lucid Games Ltd
MercurySteam
Ninja Theory Ltd
Nixxes Software BV
Paradox Interactive
Rebellion
Saber Interactive
Creative Assembly
IO Interactive
Starbreeze Studios
2K Games
TEAM17 DIGITAL LTD
YAGER
Zen Studios
keen games
Splash Damage
Stainless Games Ltd
Sumo Digital
Codemasters
TT Games

29 companies in total

famfrit

Level 5 Ninokuni 2 or another cell shaded game, From Demon Souls2/dark souls 2 and Atlus Persona 5 are the only third party games that i want.

From first party do want Wild Arms, Arc the lad and Trico/Last guardian.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
All I remember is when Vita was announced, there were over 100 studios working on it. Almost half of those projects never saw that light of day.

This. This is just a list of companies who has a SDK and there is no reason why anyone should take it that they are confirmed to be working on a PS4 title (although most of them will imo)

No Valve, No Buy

This is for developers that ship software.

Can you name another developer that released more games than Valve? Do you always speak in cliches devoid of facts?

Lets see what Valve, the company that people think doesn't release any games, has actually released in this generation.

HL2: Episode 1
HL2: Episode 2
Portal
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
Dota 2

Shall we count Source Filmmaker as a released product?

Seven products (or do we count Souce Filmaker as well for 8?) released in less than 7 years and this doesn't even count games that they have helped work on like L4D1, Counter-Strike: GO, and Alien Swarm all while building and maintaining Steam.

It's fine to be misinformed, but Episode 1 came out in 2006 and everything else came out since then. Valve has released tons of games and software since 2006 so it comes across like you haven't even really paid attention to games industry at all for the better part of a decade.

Ryuuga

Banned
Uh oh Gearbox is on board. Get ready for some kick-ass E3 demos!!!

Speaking of Gearbox, was it just me or did anyone notice that Randy Pitchford's name didn't appear during his segment of the developer discussion reel? Also they took him off screen pretty damn quickly.

Pyronite

Speaking of Gearbox, was it just me or did anyone notice that Randy Pitchford's name didn't appear during his segment of the developer discussion reel? Also they took him off screen pretty damn quickly.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. He was cropped well off the screen and it faded out to a montage.

I'd like to think that's in reaction to his most recent credibility problems.

ArjanN

What's even more interesting here is that a lot of PC oriented developers are listed.

This generation I expect pretty much all games to be for 720/PS4/PC anyway, except for first-party and smaller developers that don't have the manpower to do a bunch of ports.

Darryl

Banned
Bungie's headcount is ~350, so yes, I think there's enough wiggle room there for the occasional side project. I'm not sure what relevance my opinion on the matter has, though. As an aside, I find it ironic you're condescending to me about "[finding] something over the internet to correct" when you're the one who initiated this back-and-forth by attempting to correct me.

that sounds about the typical headcount for someone making an MMO. my first comment wasn't meant to be condescending at all.

Considering the tiny companies making that list, it's pretty sad to not see Treasure, Cave or SNK on the list or the logo picture...

Beckx

Considering the tiny companies making that list, it's pretty sad to not see Treasure, Cave or SNK on the list or the logo picture...

No Cave, no MOSS, no G-rev.

Sad panda.

My nightmare scenario is a world where they stay MS exclusive, the next gen Durango requires online activation, and doesn't allow activation of out of region consoles or games.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Eagerly anticipating what's coming from Atlus, Falcom, Gust, Platinum and especially tri-Ace. No Cave, Treasure or G-Rev kinda sucks though. Actually having some semblance of Japanese representation at the conference was probably the best thing about the reveal for me, I'm strongly hoping that PS4 provides a renewed interest in Japanese console development.

Dream announcements for PS4:

tri-Ace - Star Ocean 5, Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Atlus - P5
Falcom - Ys 8
Gust - Atelier
Platinum - Vanquish 2
NIS - Disgaea 5
Level-5 - Ni No Kuni 2

if all these are announced, ohhh boy.

Top Bottom