• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

no gata is just a post bot that posts the least useless posts to reach 40 posts a day ;)

so abysmally low. Especially when there are shitty rules or weaker game elements compared to pro leagues like the 3 point line being closer to the rim for college basketball. Most of the players are all scrubs with no shot at the pros. I wish I could feel compelled to watch to have my own opinion on draft candidates but it's not worth watching scrub fest matches. I try to at least watch the bowls and finals for top pick candidates if my teams are drafting early, though. Also laughably bad defense except for a few particular teams.
If ?

Racist.Most of those posts are in the funny pics thread.

also,lol Pitt

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's hard, I don't have a team to root for or anything in college sports. Makes it hard to stay interested and to stay up for it all night.

What team do you root for?

For some reason, I'm enjoying soccer more lately. Not sure why.

I don't have a college team I root for. I just love basketball.

I went to school up here in Canada and none of my buddies got to play for any well known D1 schools so I don't even have a fall back.

squicken

Crazy story

Then, in late September, Lott and Craig beat their former team, with the Raiders grinding out a tense, physical 12-6 victory in front of 91,494 fans.

Having dropped to 2-3 after losing to their former (and future) Bay Area rivals, San Francisco had issues. With Joe Montana sidelined by a season-ending elbow injury, replacement Steve Young had struggled against a rugged Raiders defense.
When a 49ers official hastily whisked the still-wet Lott past us and into the locker room, it seemed peculiar. Naturally, Lott still had lots of friends on the Niners, but why would he be rushing into their lair, practically naked, so soon after the game?

Later, we found out why: Charles Haley, the 49ers' prolific and capricious pass rusher, had not reacted well to the defeat. He went on a locker-room tirade against Young (among others), screaming, "Joe would have won this game in his sleep!" As coaches and teammates tried to calm Haley, he grew increasingly angry and emotional, at one point yanking an IV needle out of his arm, causing blood to spurt everywhere.

Desperate to stop the madness, a 49ers official dashed across a Coliseum hallway in search of the one man he knew could control Haley: Lott, the 49ers' longtime defensive leader. Told upon reaching the Raiders' locker room that Lott was in the shower, the official was undeterred.

Informed that he was needed immediately, Lott grabbed a towel and quickly made his way to his old team's locker room, where he calmed Haley and defused the situation.

no gata is just a post bot that posts the least useless posts to reach 40 posts a day ;)

so abysmally low. Especially when there are shitty rules or weaker game elements compared to pro leagues like the 3 point line being closer to the rim for college basketball. Most of the players are all scrubs with no shot at the pros. I wish I could feel compelled to watch to have my own opinion on draft candidates but it's not worth watching scrub fest matches. I try to at least watch the bowls and finals for top pick candidates if my teams are drafting early, though. Also laughably bad defense except for a few particular teams.

If ?[/QUOTE]

Suns were a good team until a few seasons ago and we traded away picks on top of that so no need there until recently but this makes the third year straight for Cards :( At least there's something interesting to look forward to when your team blows a season. Feel a lot more optimistic having Keim control the draft than I did with Whiz running things too.

effzee

Really good break down of the FA signings by the Eagles thanks to Greg Cossell:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/m...es-Moves/771640d7-8602-41a9-b65c-ebddd733ac27

Pretty objective too and sets realistic expectations on the players.

Most importantly near the end he talks about the draft and mentions that the Eagles pick revolves around what they think of G. Smith. Cossell doesn't think he is the guy to turn the franchise over to, not at pick #4, but if the Eagles new coach does than he has to take him. Otherwise they can literally go with 5 different players at that spot.

Man it's difficult to tell which of Arians statements are how he really feels and what are pre-draft smoke screens. He's a guy that speaks his mind but I have to hope he doesn't really think our OL is as good as his statements make it sound. I can't view a statement about Levi being elite as anything but a joke.... Can't wait for this draft to go by to see the truth.

College basketball is about as interesting to me as the WiiU. Couldn't care less.

#RIP #SNES #NEVERFORGET

I filled out a bracket but it was like throwing darts at a board. No fucking clue which teams are good at it. Not planning on watching any of it either. If I win I guess I'll clean up at the end. Can't remember who I picked before I turned in my bracket either.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

gata? go gata.

Could he be a surprise first round pick?
Roto:
Based on tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell stated on Path to the Draft Thursday that Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib is his No. 1-rated draft-eligible quarterback.
Cosell agrees with Russ Lande of the National Football Post, who also grades Nassib as this year's top signal caller. Cosell cited Geno Smith's "slow eyes" in terms of anticipation and "ball location" on intermediate to deep throws as reasons for concern. "My No. 1 quarterback based on the film study I've done is Ryan Nassib," Cosell said. "I liked him overall more than Geno Smith. I think he's a much more precise intermediate thrower. I think the ball comes out with a little better velocity at the intermediate level. And I think he's a little more accurate. And I like his footwork a little bit better."

squicken

Could he be a surprise first round pick?

I just watched that, and I thought Casserly had the best take. "The more I watch of these QBs the better Alex Smith starts to look". No doubt that QBs will get taken in the first, but I think these guys are gonna be Gabbert/Ponder kind of QBs

Man it's difficult to tell which of Arians statements are how he really feels and what are pre-draft smoke screens. He's a guy that speaks his mind but I have to hope he doesn't really think our OL is as good as his statements make it sound. I can't view a statement about Levi being elite as anything but a joke.... Can't wait for this draft to go by to see the truth.

If Joeckel or Fischer are there, they will definitely go OT. Johnson is more of a project and they might not want to take a guy who won't be playing right away

Wes

venison crêpe
So getting hyped on the potential of Milliner across form Haden I was reading back on Browns corners... In 1987 only 7 passes were thrown all year in Hanford Dixon's direction. That seems just plain crazy to me.

If Joeckel or Fischer are there, they will definitely go OT. Johnson is more of a project and they might not want to take a guy who won't be playing right away

If either Fischer or Joeckel make it to Arizona and its not because they traded up or Detroit traded down, I'll throw a full blown Heavy hissy fit and start demanding birth certificates

brentech

Playing some Battlefield 3 for the first time. Looks amazing on this computer, but I suck at it.
Only spent about 45min playing online so far, but still, definitely some learning to do in it.

Got that one for free due to the SimCity free game offer. Need to find some more stuff to play/test out.

squicken

If either Fischer or Joeckel make it to Arizona and its not because they traded up or Detroit traded down, I'll throw a full blown Heavy hissy fit and start demanding birth certificates

KC is actively shopping Brandon Albert, so you gotta figure they want one. Lions themselves may have to trade up for the other

That's a certainty but there is zero chance Joeckel falls and it's suddenly looking doubtful Fischer does though I don't think it outside the realm of possibility. I could Philly and Detroit going D but chances are one will take him. If those two are gone, I doubt we'd use 7 on Johnson. Either they will like Warmack enough to take him or they will go pass rusher.

So getting hyped on the potential of Milliner across form Haden I was reading back on Browns corners... In 1987 only 7 passes were thrown all year in Hanford Dixon's direction. That seems just plain crazy to me.
If Millner falls that be great but I still believe theirs a chance we sign Grimes in the coming days, I've been following the situation. We could still go pass rusher despite our additions(make it a real strong point of our D). I'd really like a oppurtunity to trade down though, and I also like Rhodes.

JABEE

Not just him, but a lot former regulars. Wonder why they decided to not be regulars anymore. Perhaps Eric is back in a treatment center?

I don't know.

When is LJ allowed back in here? Ari's stupid bet shouldn't carry over into the offseason and next season.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If Millner falls that be great but I still believe theirs a chance we sign Grimes in the coming days, I've been following the situation. We could still go pass rusher despite our additions(make it a real strong point of our D). I'd really like a oppurtunity to trade down though, and I also like Rhodes.

BG is on the case!

We got this.

harSon

Banned
I think this is going to be the season that defines Tomlin's coaching career. I know he's won a Super Bowl already, and been to another, but those were largely with established Cowher-era players (although I don't take it as far as some do in that regard, he had a HUGE part in helping us to achieve those victories). Barring variables like break out players from the draft, we're going into next season with what I'd consider to be our least talented/thinnest roster in years. We're going to need our best players to maintain a high level of play, and we're going to need the players under them to step their games up if we hope to have a successful season. And IMO, it's up to Tomlin and his staff to make that a reality.

I tend to over exaggerate a lot, that's just my method of coping, so I don't truly believe next season is going to be awful for the Steelers (although I wouldn't be surprised if it were!). I know it's a bit premature to talk about this considering the draft has yet to occur (let's be honest here, we're not going to be doing anything in Free Agency), but was interested in what Steelers fans had to say about next season's prospects. I think playoffs are a definite possibility, but I think that may come as a result of what I think is going to be a relatively iffy division.

Top Bottom