• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

jakncoke

Banned
Prob come within a few hundred of the cap b4 the mock, so yeah may as well start up a new thread. But can the hipster get a thread up with such little time

It's Wes, you and me right? We could start talking about the pick here. Unless you prefer over PM. he may have to make it for us, unless everyone else is cool until we get back.
Yeah, but I should be able to have Internet access all day. And I wouldn't worry to much I'm sure it'll just be barely getting to our pick if that by the time we get back. We do have a couple hours for a window to back the pick I believe. And If this is anything like our shirtless draft it'll take days lol

Yeah, but I should be able to have Internet access all day. And I wouldn't worry to much I'm sure it'll just be barely getting to our pick if that by the time we get back. We do have a couple hours for a window to back the pick I believe. And If this is anything like our shirtless draft it'll take days lol

Lol, okay, sounds good. I'm hype for it.

They are family, not coworkers.

LEGO City is, no joke, an amazing game. System seller type game.

Really? I don't touch my Wii U, like ever. Even TVii hasn't interested me in turning it back on. Bought Trine 2, loved it, then F-Zero on the gamepad. So it's worth getting now? How similar to the other lego games?

eznark

Banned
Really? I don't touch my Wii U, like ever. Even TVii hasn't interested me in turning it back on. Bought Trine 2, loved it, then F-Zero on the gamepad. So it's worth getting now? How similar to the other lego games?

Not at all. It's the GTA formula but actually done well.

eznark

Banned
wtf? is it? i've played 1 lego game.... that DC/batman/superman game from last year or a couple years ago. it was pretty boring

I'll let the best reviewer in the biz lay it down for me:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/03/20/the-triumphant-nakedness-of-lego-city-undercover/

And now here I am supergrooving on Lego Undercover City, a game divorced entirely from unLego licensing. I’m tapped into the gameplay 100%, without any preloaded disposition towards the setting or characters. Not that the setting and characters don’t matter. They do. The setting matters because it’s so inventive and varied. The characters matter because they’re well written and enthusiastically acted. Furthermore, this is a funny game, with clever riffs on pop culture and charmingly awful wordplay. “That’s one small step, foreman,” a NASA technician says to another worker when he stumbles. I laughed.

But there’s no licensing hook for me here and the big revelation is that I don’t need it.

Lego City Undercover is ample proof that Lego wasn’t good because it had R2D2 or Gollum or Jack Sparrow, but because it was good. And it’s never been as good as it is here, stripped of anyone else’s universe. The UK branch of Traveler’s Tales, formerly the guys who made handheld ports of so many of those licensed Lego games, has taken an unlabeled bag of Lego gameplay and created a imaginative, generous, marvelous flight of fancy with its own sense of identity and a steadfast confidence in the laidback appeal of exploring and collecting.

I just played a level riffing on Shawshank Redemption that is easily the best LEGO content I've ever played, and I really like the LEGO games. It's shocking how great the writing and characters are (story is dumb) especially since I am playing it in conjunction with StarCraft HotS, one of the worst written and voiced games in a decade.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/03/20/the-triumphant-nakedness-of-lego-city-undercover/

I just played a level riffing on Shawshank Redemption that is easily the best LEGO content I've ever played, and I really like the LEGO games. It's shocking how great the writing and characters are (story is dumb) especially since I am playing it in conjunction with StarCraft HotS, one of the worst written and voiced games in a decade.

Lego Shawshank Redemption. Easily the next chapter in the line!

but did you like the other lego games too?

eznark

Banned
The WiiU off play appeals to me. And I trust eznarks taste in games.

Might get a U once Pikmin or that Capcom game comes out.

This game doesn't have off screen play, it uses the second screen as an integral part of the gameplay. It's really pretty cool.

but did you like the other lego games too?

I thought they were decent renditions of stories I really like. The game play was never there. This one has awesome game play.

This game doesn't have off screen play, it uses the second screen as an integral part of the gameplay. It's really pretty cool.

I thought they were decent renditions of stories I really like. The game play was never there. This one has awesome game play.

Bingo, it's the gameplay that matters to me. How's the humor, this Chase guy seems like he'd be pretty funny.

cajunator

Banned
The WiiU off play appeals to me. And I trust eznarks taste in games.

Might get a U once Pikmin or that Capcom game comes out.

just be aware that not every game works off screen.
the developer has to program it to do that and it should be clearly marked on the packaging whether or not it does.
when it does though, like Mario, its fucking greatness.
netflix definitely works well off screen.
WiiU is going to end up having some real gems like the Wii did but it wont capture the obsessed gamers market like 360 does.

MechDX

You're to cynical in your fandom, calm down guy.

Is Reed old? Is he busted? How is that cynical?

Then I have this cowardly, no running, noodle armed piece of shit as a QB:

SWzyL.gif

ibj108nirFOQ8u.gif

Nakazato

I just bought a vita. Im excited to get it sometime next week but on the other had I feel like I made a huge mistake. 30 day to return tho so we'll see what happens

I just bought a vita. Im excited to get it sometime next week but on the other had I feel like I made a huge mistake. 30 day to return tho so we'll see what happens

I borrowed a friends to play Virtue's Last Reward since I hate handhelds.. I'd like to play Persona 4 the Golden, but going to wait and see if they announce this Vita Revision with HDMI out...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
When does the draft start? YH and I have to talk over our strategy going into the draft.
SATURDAY

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs - ZootedGranny
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater, JABEE
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.

Slo

Two hearted. Good but not great. It's nowhere near as good as Brew Free or Die IPA for instance. I'd give Victory's IPA's the nod as well.

I haven't had Victory's IPA. Wasn't impressed by BFoD's though. Whatever though, I've got a soft spot for Bells.

Top Bottom