• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Sectus

Sectus, can you confirm this?

Thanks to steam having a silly download system (everything is downloaded, but it's spending freaking ages moving files from downloaded to the game directory), I can't check myself yet.

The game is supposed to be equal to the first console patch so the option is supposed to be there. Maybe d003n didn't check in the right options menu. It should be in "game settings" if I recall.

d00d3n

Actually, I seem to have been wrong about the FOV option. Remembered (wrongly?) that it was selectable during live gameplay on xbox. It seems you can change fov under main menu/options/camera.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I stayed away from this when it was released due to the reaction and waiting for the "fix patch". After that, I heard a PC version was coming so I waited even more. Now I finally get to play Resident Evil 6.

Well, it's official. I'm a masochist. Preordered even though I hated it on PS3 (though that was a rental). I must admit I eventually found some fun in the game after changing my play style to something entirely un-Resident Evil (playing it like I was playing Vanquish, really), so I figure if I play it like that from the get-go, that I should find it a lot more enjoyable. Plus, I really want to play the L4D content.
You win this time, Capcom. Now give me my Dragon's Dogma PC! :p

dot

What is so different, exactly? I know it looks better and it has "the patch".

60fps-ness and No Mercy that apparently has Duo mode? Add in the fact that it has the L4D2 dlc and it's pretty darn awesome.

Too bad i gotta wait until tomorrow morning for it to unlock over here. :c

Riposte

Someone should make a thread that explains all of the differences since the game's launch, what's new with the PC version (modes, tie-in DLC, etc like ilnadmy says), and fills in the usual resources (tips thread, recommended story order, etc). I don't want to do it, but if no one else will... One is going to be made anyway, but it would be best if it was helpful.

Sectus

I think PC version might be completely up to date based on console versions. QTE assists options are available. And something which surprised me (and apparently console versions does the same now) is that 3 mersc maps are unlocked right away (urban chaos, steel beast and mining the depths). The remaining 7 has to be unlocked. I assume you have to play them in order.

Played one mercs match: http://www.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2203-57-017fu9w.jpg - Became best in world hooray!

A couple of cutscene screenshots at 2560x1440:
http://www.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2203-25-5572ulz.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/bh62013-03-2203-22-04kyulz.jpg

Someone should make a thread that explains all of the differences since the game's launch, what's new with the PC version (modes, tie-in DLC, etc like ilnadmy says), and fills in the usual resources (tips thread, recommended story order, etc). I don't want to do it, but if no one else will... One is going to be made anyway, but it would be best if it was helpful.

I think you might as well do it. If you do it, I would suggest linking to a few mercs videos. They show gameplay from the game the best.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit if you buy it on Steam before it officially unlocks you get a free copy of RE5 and the RE6 DLC Season Pass. And the game is only $40. What in the hell.

Spazznid

Whew, feels good, man.

COuldn't find an FoV option, myself...

But have these instead!
Gallery

These are all at 1620p with the in-game FXAA. Gotta find working SGSSAA bits...
ib053vzObTDSY3.bmp

ibehNR5iIGfcKb.bmp

ibzMM8txYfPCkF.bmp

iCWSFei8JxF7Y.bmp

Sectus

I highly recommend you use PNG instead of BMP. BMP are not compressed at all so they become huge. PNG are compressed but still lossless, so you get the same quality with a much smaller file size.

By the way, I made a very quick mod: http://www.tzarsectus.com/RE6/mods/non-release/input-device-text-remove/Msg_eng.arc

That removes the "Input device has changed!" which appears with giant text if you move between gamepad and keyboard/mouse controls.

Remember to make a backup of the original file (file is in nativepc/arc/dx9), and you install the mod by replacing the original file.

FoV options are only visible from the main menu options, not the in-game options.

Anyway, texture quality is still disappointing, but the performance is perfect so far. Playing Jake's campaign first this time around since Leon's is complete and utter shit.

Edit: holy shit, No Mercy is pure madness! Fun though!

Sectus

I'll be making that thread, btw.

Do the 10 maps come with the game or with the DLC season pass?

They come with the game. They have to be unlocked though. Not sure if you do that by playing mercs or campaign.

Edit: I unlocked rail yard after playing each mercs stage once. So it looks like you just unlock them by playing more mercs, which is nice. I'm not sure what the exact requirement is. I wonder if you can unlock Ada like this as well.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm glad RE6 finally has a preload up now, but damn, my connection is dying tonight. Not sure if this'll even be done by tomorrow morning. :( Would've been nice if they got this up before the last minute.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
They come with the game. They have to be unlocked though. Not sure if you do that by playing mercs or campaign.

Edit: I unlocked rail yard after playing each mercs stage once. So it looks like you just unlock them by playing more mercs, which is nice. I'm not sure what the exact requirement is. I wonder if you can unlock Ada like this as well.

Damn, this is gonna tempt me into skipping the main campaign altogether LOL.

Sectus

Damn, this is gonna tempt me into skipping the main campaign altogether LOL.

I've played the PC version for hours already and I haven't touched the campaign besides playing the forced prelude.

I'm really liking no mercy so far. I think it's a lot more fun than the no mercy mode in RE5.

Riposte

I've played the PC version for hours already and I haven't touched the campaign besides playing the forced prelude.

I'm really liking no mercy so far. I think it's a lot more fun than the no mercy mode in RE5.

Do they lower enemy health like they did in RE5? What's different besides the obvious combat system differences?

Sectus

Do they lower enemy health like they did in RE5? What's different besides the obvious combat system differences?

I think the enemy health is lowered, but not by much. Enemies also seem more aggressive, but again, not by much. There's no additional items around like RE5 no mercy. The only combat system difference I've seen is that coup de grace is worth one more second in no mercy.

It kinda plays like a mix of mercs and onslaught. It's far more chaotic than mercs, and it also leaves much more room for finesse than onslaught.

Compared to RE5 no mercy, I'd say it's much easier.

Gyrian

Pre-Loaded but still unreleased for me. ;_;
Can't wait to give it a go, screen are looking sharp. And Sectus has already modded something in it!

Nice job on the thread, Riposte. How about we start a Steam ID list for Mercs there?

Riposte

Pre-Loaded but still unreleased for me. ;_;
Can't wait to give it a go, screen are looking sharp. And Sectus has already modded something in it!

Nice job on the thread, Riposte. How about we start a Steam ID list for Mercs there?

Okay, on it.

Riposte

Quick question: First time through, should I solo? or local split screen co-op?

This is a co-op game through and through. However if you go solo, you won't be fucked over by your AI like you could be in RE5. Also there are some broken skills you can use for your AI that make you more or less invincible (Field Medic or w/e).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is Siege worth it guys? That mode looks awesome to me, but how is the online community on PS3 for it? Can I also play against a friend?

Gyrian

Is Siege worth it guys? That mode looks awesome to me, but how is the online community on PS3 for it? Can I also play against a friend?

I have had a decent amount of fun with it on PS3. Somehow, getting the best out of an Agent as a Monster always seems rather satisfying.

Can sometimes take a while to assemble the right room, but you could say the same for all other MP modes all the same.
Since you can limit the number of players and choose teams, you're always welcome to go toe-to-toe against a friend.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I have had a decent amount of fun with it on PS3. Somehow, getting the best out of an Agent as a Monster always seems rather satisfying.

Can sometimes take a while to assemble the right room, but you could say the same for all other MP modes all the same.
Since you can limit the number of players and choose teams, you're always welcome to go toe-to-toe against a friend.
I mixed up the modes, I meant Onslaught. My bad! Thanks for the impressions too. I am kinda interested in Siege, but if I had to pick between Onslaught and Siege, I'd say Onslaught looks the more fun.

Just started solo. Pretty game and crazy good production. Lots of low res textures but its so detailed its hard hold them against it.

Can't say I'm loving the gameplay so far. Started with way too much slow non-shooting (Leon scenario) but I've gotten to more general combat now. I'm getting the feeling that playing solo I'm going to miss out on a ton of what makes this game enjoyable but I'll keep playing for now.

Can you always melee enemies? Seems most efficient to just run up and start kicking so far but maybe the numbers ramp up and make that less useful later.

maomaoIYP

I mixed up the modes, I meant Onslaught. My bad! Thanks for the impressions too. I am kinda interested in Siege, but if I had to pick between Onslaught and Siege, I'd say Onslaught looks the more fun.

Onslaught is hands down the best for me, for 1 simple reason: There is no lag.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Can you always melee enemies? Seems most efficient to just run up and start kicking so far but maybe the numbers ramp up and make that less useful later.

You will lose stamina pretty quickly if you only melee, and running out of stamina is a quick way to get yourself killed. Also some enemies later in the game are very hard to melee down, so using a gun is advisable.

Archon473

Played Chris' 2 chapters co-op and Jake's 1st solo. I'm glad to learn for everything I had a problem with, either I was playing poorly or there exists a trick (switch weapon recoil-cancelling!). The Mercenaries theme song made my purchase worth it and I'll definitely buy the 7 maps on PSN.

Archon473

While playing today, I kept observing a bug where my laser sight would not appear while aiming. I started Chris 1-1 via chapter select and played to the end of Chapter 2. Releasing aim, then aiming and firing wouldn't fix it, nor would rolling; the only guaranteed way to get my laser sight to appear was by suffering an enemy attack :(

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
While playing today, I kept observing a bug where my laser sight would not appear while aiming. I started Chris 1-1 via chapter select and played to the end of Chapter 2. Releasing aim, then aiming and firing wouldn't fix it, nor would rolling; the only guaranteed way to get my laser sight to appear was by suffering an enemy attack :(

Weird, that's never happened to me. Try restarting your console maybe?

Archon473

I played last night and this morning and did not encounter the bug, thankfully.

The scripted events in this game are coming close to ruining every chapter for me. Why am I told to defend people near a gas station, and fight a ghoul on a truck near a gas station, only to have an ambulance barrel toward the gas station and activate my Continue screen? What buffoon designed these sequences? It's like I'm supposed to lose my first attempt at each chapter. I'm told everything will be explained when I get to Tall Oaks Cathedral, but I don't know...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I played last night and this morning and did not encounter the bug, thankfully.

The scripted events in this game are coming close to ruining every chapter for me. Why am I told to defend people near a gas station, and fight a ghoul on a truck near a gas station, only to have an ambulance barrel toward the gas station and activate my Continue screen? What buffoon designed these sequences? It's like I'm supposed to lose my first attempt at each chapter. I'm told everything will be explained when I get to Tall Oaks Cathedral, but I don't know...

Haha that ambulance has killed every single person who has ever played RE6. Just shrug it off and move on. This game has a lot of quirks that will bug you if you let them, just think of the game as a dumb action game with a few screws loose and enjoy it for what it is.

maomaoIYP

Haha that ambulance has killed every single person who has ever played RE6. Just shrug it off and move on. This game has a lot of quirks that will bug you if you let them, just think of the game as a dumb action game with a few screws loose and enjoy it for what it is.

So that's where everyone gets run down by a car, I never had it happen to me and had no idea what everyone was talking about some pages back.

Treb

Also, more "Present codes" for RE Revelations:

abyss [Unlocks HG Beretta M92F Lv.1 - 4 Slots] -Expires ??/??/??-
globster [Unlocks HG PC356 Lv.1 - 6 Slots] -Expires 3/31/13-
ghiozzo - [Unlocks Windhan Lv1 - 4 Slots] -Expires ?/??/??-

Saw these at CAG so credits to them.

Edit (3/30): Moar codes!

Keith [ Unlocks G36 "Speed Shot" Lv.5 slot 5 ] ???
Queen [Unlocks a level 5 p-90 ] ??? Expired

Edit: (4/1): One More!

Promenade [ Unlocks: M3 "Easy Grip" Lv.1 slot 3] Expired?

Top Bottom