• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Gintama' ep 265
zj4ZS3L.jpg

Even Gintama knows how to do a good animal story. Well that's that, a nice ending for this gintama season. Despite the reruns the Courtesian of Nation arc and the Obi one arc makes up for it because its so damn awesome. Now all is left is the movie in july and another long year break.

Can't they do a new Gintama season?
I mean, they still have some material.
I they don't have THAT much material left to animate.
I'm waiting for this one:

Oh and by the way. hoooooly shit Extollere is gonna fucking explode when he sees these (gonna tag it NSFW just in case): http://www.plastikitty.com/home/chara-anis-luscious-kuroyukihimes

Lool ..this one ..is tempting ...Dammit i need to buy a new car so i can't make "ontheside" purchases....

Jintor

Firehawk you're around here somewhere right? I need to vent at more people about how Gravity Rush's combat is painful and the camera really makes me want to throw up

Everyone is also forgetting Vividbutts. :(
Poor tomato-kun

It'll either be the greatest or the worst thing of all time.
Vivid Red will totally be made with Akane kissing Rei in some sort of weird "darkness plane" inside of the final boss
. I need this shit immediately.

CG tanks and circling camera showing 2D animation was like a combination out of hell. It was pretty terrifying.

Girls and Panzer 2

Yukari is best girl.

IID0AGD.gif

Steroyd

Firehawk you're around here somewhere right? I need to vent at more people about how Gravity Rush's combat is painful and the camera really makes me want to throw up

Turn off the rear touch camera controls?

It made things more bearable, but yeah things like the flying and the spinning kick move... okay just about everything but the ground combat was painful.

GJBU - END

That was a nice warm up to Sae and Hiro's graduation from wideface, overall the show was very slow but it was also a show you can just watch to chill out.

sonicmj1

I'll watch 11 today, and 12 tomorrow.

Windy Tales 11

The conflict between doing what you want and doing what people expect you to want.

Nao tends to be very introverted, and this episode emphasized that in a lot of ways. I could empathize with moments like when she was walking back from the audition with her classmate, listening to their conversation. There was also the part where Nao's family was watching the idol group on TV, and she was never in the same frame as her father.

iby0bR2OkoHoxa.jpg
ibjHca9A3Q9QxN.jpg

The framing here is so conspicuous, it's impossible not to notice. Poor Japanese fathers, always so distant from their children.

But what probably struck me the most was the way the city was portrayed. The series so far has largely taken place just outside major urban centers, in the quasi-city quasi-suburb areas that are all over the place when you get farther away from metropolises like Tokyo or Osaka. The city itself is different. The buildings are constantly moving. It's part of a process of making the people in it feel small and insignificant.

ibn6gVwe8JZXRL.jpg

The way they bobbed in the background distracted me from the conversation in some ways. It was rather hypnotic. Maybe I'm reading too much into a cheap way of simulating the characters moving through the town, but at a certain point they move in ways that just don't make sense for that kind of thing.

It can beat you down sometimes when you realize how many people there actually are in the world, and how many of them are smart and talented in ways that make you feel stupid and worthless. But if you focus on the things you care about and keep trying, maybe chance and coincidence will eventually smile on you, and you'll find your place.

iT4HY3IRfls9B.jpg

Cities tend to remind me how enormous humanity is. When I stop for a moment to think about how many people I anonymously pass during a day in the city, it's staggering in the same way that it is to imagine just how far the distance between stars is. Living in the countryside now, I sort of miss that feeling.

I'm glad I've watched so many shows in this backlog season that respect me as a viewer. It's a nice change of pace.

Girls und Panzer 2

I really wish I could go the rest of my life without anime making the claim that guys love girls who cook. And I miss gender reversed situations like Ryuji from Toradora.

Also this anime so far, is very slice of life. Over half of this episode was of the random stuff variety. And things didn't really tense up until the end of the episode.

Highlight of the episode: Apologize to the Finnish.

The characters I'm liking the most so far are the student counsil president, Anzu. Who has interesting spunk. The short haired and spunky girl from the volleyball team I don't know the name of. And I guess from the protagonists team I like the Yukari the best, the girl who is obsessed with tanks. Hard to know much else about side characters, I'm only two episodes in.

It's bizarre how little they do for safety. This is a club activity, not a war. You don't want teenage students dying for no reason. And yet this would be ridiculously easy to do so. To make war a sport, you want to make it safe.

Girls und Panzer 2

I really wish I could go the rest of my life without anime making the claim that guys love girls who cook. And I miss gender reversed situations like Ryuji from Toradora.

Also this anime so far, is very slice of life. Over half of this episode was of the random stuff variety. And things didn't really tense up until the end of the episode.

looking for tanks is slice of life? I want your life!

And girls who can cook are great by the way

Ultimadrago

Girls und Panzer 2

Highlight of the episode: Apologize to the Finnish.

The characters I'm liking the most so far are the student council president, Anzu. Who has interesting spunk. The short haired and spunky girl from the volleyball team I don't know the name of. And I guess from the protagonists team I like the Yukari the best, the girl who is obsessed with tanks. Hard to know much else about side characters, I'm only two episodes in.

It's bizarre how little they do for safety. This is a club activity, not a war. You don't want teenage students dying for no reason. And yet this would be ridiculously easy to do so. To make war a sport, you want to make it safe.

You're right, Anzu best.

Mature

Detective Conan 162:
My ongoing quest through the Conan anime gets me to Shinichi's first case, and the filler hell is over (for now).

This is a great case. Like, I had forgotten just how much I loved this case. It's great to see Shinichi slightly younger and not being the god of Detectives we know him as. His interactions with Megure and Takagi were gold. The underlying case was great, with a really well done twist that causes everything to turn on its head. One of those cases in Conan that just manages to execute perfectly on every level.
This one's great. Isn't the murder weapon a
sharpened wire from a bra?

Joe Molotov

Senran Kagura 12

Well. This was a thing, I guess.

Everyone's shocked that the head of the evil ninjas turns out to be evil! Uh yeah, what did you think you were signing on for, dearies? Final battle was pretty lame too.

Good Guys (+ Good Bad Guys): "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

Bad Bad Guy: "Oh shit, I'm defeated!"

No final fight between any of Hanzo/Hebijo girls. Let's fight some robots instead. Boring.

Red-haired Homura was nice.

One good yuri bit between Hibari and Yagyu, other than that zzzzzz.

sonicmj1

Girls und Panzer 2

The tank shells are built to not actually penetrate the armor of the tank. Whether or not a tank is disabled is determined electronically on impact.

It's perfectly safe!

Really!

looking for tanks is slice of life? I want your life!

And girls who can cook are great by the way
I happen to like Slice of Life, actually. Though in a show about tanks I'm kind of looking forward to tank action.

While a lot of the episode may have been spent looking for tanks, what really made up the majority of the episode was socializing. Which is great, one of the things I enjoy most about anime nowadays. But it does make it kind of feel slice of life. And also that not a lot happens in an episode.

I don't have a problem with anyone knowing how to cook. (Though not knowing how to cook is pretty moe.)

I just tired of the domestic themes and banter one sees in a lot of anime.
The tank shells are built to not actually penetrate the armor of the tank. Whether or not a tank is disabled is determined electronically on impact.

It's perfectly safe!

Really!
Haha.

I guess that's fine. For the people inside of the tank, at least. Wouldn't want to be the person poking their head out.
You're right, Anzu best.
Favourite character I've seen so far.

Polar Bear Cafe - 50 END

One of the secrets of the polar bear cafe is finally revealed in the first part.
The second part bring everyone to see a hanami to show one more time everyone quirks, and even polar bear can't escape
the imoutos.
I want more...hoping it'll come back some time later...
What I'm gonna do on thursdays now... ;____;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom