• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always good to take a break every now and then to not over work the brain.
True, but knowing me, my breaks the include GAF are long and indefinite...
Aaaw, you didn't include the boob-squeezing shot!
62r0SgZ.jpg

I'm game, if I wasn't already.
Tamako does seem like 2-3k moe slice of show seller that exist in every season, only with KyoAni polish.

I don't know why people making fuss of it.
You answered it yourself.

This is correct. Savers is the series that you should watch if you want to see a dude fight against digimon with his bear hands
and punch out god

Yes. Also for
characters holding up a planet through sheer willpower and strength.

This one's great. Isn't the murder weapon a
sharpened wire from a bra?

Yeah, it's really inventive. Plus, the scene where Shinichi asks Ran about that is hilarious.

I wonder sometimes how Aoyama comes up with all of these crazy murder methods.

GODDAMMIT 7TH I'M AT THE LIBRARY YOU FUCK

Should have known better than to enter this thread at the library.

It'll still be better than the Ano Hana movie.

Really low bar to climb over there.

Minna good job! Very nice!

Girls und Panzer episode 3

Cliff hanger!

I knew I liked Mako. I feel ashamed for even not having her in my last post, but there are so many characters I have a degree of interest in. She's now at least my second favourite character on the protagonist's team. Always love that personality type, somehow. It's like my favourite character types are always extroverted "yan" violent "psycho" types, extroverted confident "tomboys", or the enigmatic aloof ones.

Those emotionless voices always get me. Having those two on the protagonist's Team(Miho Nishizumi) makes me enjoy the main characters a lot more.

Normally, if there's anything I hate more than "guys love girls who cook" comments in anime, it is "ruined for marriage" ones. Though this one is a lot less creepy than in a lot of other anime, because what is implied is that the dance looks embarrassing and thus the implication is that someone wouldn't want to date someone who did such an awkwardly awful dance. Which makes it not quite as disturbing.

Now I'm insanely curious. I want to know what the dance is about. But I don't want them to lose. But I really want to know what the dance looks like. But I really really don't want them to lose.

Anyway, favourite episode so far. This episode had stuff.

I had a feeling that
Nishizumi Panzer IV team would win. Being the main character team and all. It's more unsual to see the main character lose. Especially if the main character is seen as "special". Though there are plenty of "useless protagonist types in anime who lose all the time.
They don't really explain why they're so good at marksmanship, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Looking forward to seeing how they do. It excites me that I cannot say with certainty whether they're win or not. They're the protagonists, so I figure they'll win after a lot of struggle. But I wouldn't be too surprised if they went with a "you have a long way to go, kid" lesson.

Ut1cHp5.png

Also this. This is my second favourite character in the anime I was talking about earlier. How silly of me to get into characters with hardly any characterization at all. I want to see more of her, though. She's apparently in the Tank club because the volleyball team got canceled which is her passion. It's hard to explain, she just seems spunky and athletic and amazing.

I think it comes to those three or so character archetypes I really like. She seems extroverted, confident, and athletic, which always impresses me. Please say I see more of her.

Enough talking from me. More watching. Onto the next episode!

Syrinx

Oh man. I went and took a nap after my test this morning, and I had a dream that I was watching Sailor Moon, except I don't think it really was cause the only thing I distinctly remember were a bunch of people standing on each others shoulders next to a flagpole, and at the top were two people fighting, with one of them trying to replace an American flag with a Canadian one (America won motherfuckers).

Also there was somebody getting electrocuted from an overcharged battery pack on their back, and I think it was Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls.

7Th

If it really is, as arahij partly speculated, about a possessed sailor uniform 'à-la-Pyonkichi', but totally demonic and bloodthirsty... that would make Busterbeam explode from the excitement!

It's certainly not impossible; can't wait for May.

BluWacky

Oh man. I went and took a nap after my test this morning, and I had a dream that I was watching Sailor Moon, except I don't think it really was cause the only thing I distinctly remember were a bunch of people standing on each others shoulders next to a flagpole, and at the top were two people fighting, with one of them trying to replace an American flag with a Canadian one (America won motherfuckers).

This is only tangentially related, but seeing the word "America" and "Sailor Moon" in the same paragraph made me think of the wonder that was the proposed American version of Sailor Moon.

Watch. Enjoy.

Theonik

Someone should save that quote where he said this will be the best show of the season, just in case.

I actually hope it's good. ;_;
Don't worry I quoted it for posterity!
I also hope it's good because this season looks pretty shit.

Magi 24

This is a VERY strange amalgam of manga events. I kind of like it though. If they're going to go for an original ending, might as well double, no quadruple down on the crazy. I mean come on, the last boss is fuckin
Alibaba
. You can't get much crazier than that!

Detective Conan 163:
Another case which I only vaguely remembered, but the first part was very good. Although I like the typical Conan formula a lot, it's always nice when they do something very different, such as having the characters exploring and trying to crack a code. It can make for a very tense episode. We also get to see Conan getting really excited about things, which is awesome. The music in this episode was really fantastic.

Destroy the town, then! That's an acceptable casualty in sport!

Girls und Panzer episode 4

SPa2QkR.gif

Epic moments of epic.

That's a good thing about this show, I wasn't able to predict who would win until it was over. Guess who won?
They lost. Only just barely. I liked that, it was realistic that they didn't win just because they were the protagonists. And thus even though Miho is an ace up their sleeve in terms of strategy, it wasn't a sure victory. Kept me on my toes. And an overall entertaining and fun battle. And in the end, I got to see what the dance looked like! The only time in anime I'll give a "ruined for marriage" joke a pass. Not disturbing or offensive in this instance.

Good episode overall. Pretty realistic and action packed. And I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Hi I'm Miho Nishizumi, and I have a death wish.

Aside from the bizarre recklessness of doing something like this as a sport without full body armor made of graphene for safety. And the richness of communities to somehow pay for this expense. That is, to reimburse someone's house like nothing(then again a World Cup soccer game easily raises enough money to replace hundreds of houses). Pretty good. If anything the most disappointed I am is that the characters haven't endeared themselves to me as much as I'd like.

Senran Kagura 12

Well. This was a thing, I guess.

Everyone's shocked that the head of the evil ninjas turns out to be evil! Uh yeah, what did you think you were signing on for, dearies? Final battle was pretty lame too.

Good Guys (+ Good Bad Guys): "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

Bad Bad Guy: "Oh shit, I'm defeated!"

No final fight between any of Hanzo/Hebijo girls. Let's fight some robots instead. Boring.

Red-haired Homura was nice.

One good yuri bit between Hibari and Yagyu, other than that zzzzzz.

For that first spoiler paragraph, the issue wasn't that he's evil, but that he's trying to conquer both the good and evil sides and rule everyone himself. Neither side wants that to happen.

For the final fight between the good and evil girl teams - I thought that it was better the way it is. The teamup was awesome, it was great (and meaningful to the story) to see them start to get along and work together. Stuff like Yagyuu and Mirai using eachothers' weapons, etc... great stuff. And anyway, they had fights in eps 11-12... sure, they didn't finish them, but that's okay. We now know that the good team can match up to the evil one, and they sort of understand eachother too, and that's what's important.

As for the ending, it was a fine setup for a sequel. Now here's hoping that one happens.

Gintama' 265

FJc1DVSl.jpg

It's been a while since they done a stand alone episode and they still got it. D'awwww Sadaharu ;_;.

Even if the return has been three arcs and one random episode, it was still an amazing return. This is definitely the Thursdays of goodeyes. :[

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Destroy the town, then! That's an acceptable casualty in sport!

Girls und Panzer episode 4

SPa2QkR.gif

Epic moments of epic.

That's a good thing about this show, I wasn't able to predict who would win until it was over. Guess who won?
They lost. Only just barely. I liked that, it was realistic that they didn't win just because they were the protagonists. And thus even though Miho is an ace up their sleeve in terms of strategy, it wasn't s sure victory. Kept me on my toes. And an overall entertaining and fun battle. And in the end, I got to see what the dance looked like! The only time in anime I'll give a "ruined for marriage" joke a pass. Not disturbing or offensive in this instance.

Good episode overall. Pretty realistic and action packed. And I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Hi I'm Miho Nishizumi, and I have a death wish.

Aside from the bizarre recklessness of doing something like this as a sport without full body armor made of graphene for safety. And the richness of communities to somehow pay for this expense. That is, to reimburse someone's house like nothing(then again a World Cup soccer game easily raises enough money to replace hundreds of houses). Pretty good. If anything the most disappointed I am is that the characters haven't endeared themselves to me as much as I'd like.

It's a tank otaku's dream come true.

/XX/

I like very much when animators acknowledge, take solace and even participate in correcting errors on MAD compilations (http://twitter.com/akitoshiyoko/status/271066702467436544 and http://twitter.com/akitoshiyoko/status/271469830459232256 on this case), aiding their very fans on its creation.

The ideal situation is that thanks to animators like Takafumi Hori and his helpful advises in English, even foreigners that do MADs can directly benefit from this interest of the very same source in such fan-made promotion:

Redline Sakuga MAD | Sakuga Powah
http://sakugapowah.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/redline-sakuga-mad/

Ultimadrago

I like very much when animators acknowledge, take solace and even participate in correcting errors on MAD compilations (http://twitter.com/akitoshiyoko/status/271066702467436544 and http://twitter.com/akitoshiyoko/status/271469830459232256 on this case), aiding their very fans on its creation.

The ideal situation is that thanks to animators like Takafumi Hori and his helpful advises in English, even foreigners that do MADs can directly benefit from this interest of the very source in such fan-made promotion:

Redline Sakuga MAD | Sakuga Powah
http://sakugapowah.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/redline-sakuga-mad/

That's pretty neat.

Higurashi season 2 episode 15

What a surprise, this is so much better than season 1. I like it very much. No more batshit insane girls killing people or other boring stuff. They're fighting no one but fate itself! I can do nothing more than applaud their noble struggle.

Mature

Detective Conan 163:
Another case which I only vaguely remembered, but the first part was very good. Although I like the typical Conan formula a lot, it's always nice when they do something very different, such as having the characters exploring and trying to crack a code. It can make for a very tense episode. We also get to see Conan getting really excited about things, which is awesome. The music in this episode was really fantastic.
Funny, I just read this one in the manga. I think it actually worked a bit better in the anime.

Shergal

Yeah, the shame is that production companies and copyright holders can't, or will never try to understand that lovely connection between the fans and the animators... the videos will always be taken down (at least on YouTube)!

Speaking of Sakuga MADs, most of the recent ones I've seen are done by western people (Animeblue especially). Have the Japanese abandoned the concept, or do they never venture out of Nico? In which case, I should dig Nico more often.

Speaking of Sakuga MADs, most of the recent ones I've seen are done by western people (Animeblue especially). Have the Japanese abandoned the concept, or do they never venture out of Nico? In which case, I should dig Nico more often.

Does it really matter which side of the ocean they're made on?

Funny, I just read this one in the manga. I think it actually worked a bit better in the anime.

It's possible. It's one of those cases where I only vaguely recall the manga version, so maybe it does work better in the anime. (Or maybe it's just because I last read the manga version about 7 years ago, and a lot of stuff blurs together when you marathon a 600 chapter manga)

That's part of why I'm enjoying going through the anime and remembering a lot of this stuff that I hadn't read in all that time. (Until I hit a string of filler episodes and just start getting frustrated and counting down until Akai shows up)

Shergal

Does it really matter which side of the ocean they're made on?

Well, in respect to communicating with the animators, the Japanese have an edge. And I recall many young animators were/are part of the "sakuga community" in the Japanese internet, so they might also have insight into things someone on the other side of the world can't know as well.

But besides that, I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom