• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You can actually. One Gaffer got perm-banned for activity in IRC before. Not an animeGaffer though.
Must have been pretty extreme then. Also up to each mod individually, but I'm on mumble with a GAF mod frequently where we say things that would get us banned here and they don't really care.

/XX/

Not really that surprising imo. Sushio isn't part of Trigger, he does his own freelance work as an illustrator, but Imaishi and Wakabayashi are both full time Trigger employees. Wakabayashi has been involved with writing and scenario stuff on pretty much everything Trigger has produced, and Imaishi is the studio's creative head. I think it makes sense that at the very least, they'll be the two people who do concept approvals for anything the studio is working on.
But, but... all that TRIGGER Inc., apparel only with illustrations made by him!

If I remember correctly, Sushio was mentioned as proper member of TRIGGER shortly after its foundation.

7Th

Sushio was mentioned as part of Trigger in the earthquake relief charity doujin they released shortly after Trigger was revealed, yes.

duckroll

Sushio was mentioned as part of Trigger in the earthquake relief charity doujin they released shortly after Trigger was revealed, yes.

I wonder if he'll ever do character designs again after Kissdum... lol. Now would be a good time!

Has anyone interviewed Yoh Yoshinari about his time at Production IG yet? That should be worth a few laughs.

/XX/

For the 'Believe in Yourself' (http://kurouzu.blog63.fc2.com/blog-entry-902.html) they were already listed as TRIGGER members? I don't have it (yet), and didn't know that... thanks for the information!

What I partly remembered earlier was his mention as such on the PIXAR PIA MOOK:

Amazon.co.jp: PIXARぴあ (ぴあMOOK): 本 said:
トリガー(今石洋之、すしお)
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4835620577/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Girls Bravo 17

Oh wow, Kirie is such a bitch for doing that to Yukinari. Putting him in such a position to work out some extra cash.
I dare say they should sick Kosome on her again, yes definitely.

Why am I watching this again?
Because it is an awesome show. No shame.

Also 009 day tomorrow today.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Suzy.
Such a doozy.
Makes potions.
Out of hair lotions.
Suzy.
Looks a bit woozy.
Wimma wimma wim wam wop bing bong.

Straight Title Robot Anime 10
tumblr_mkpcn4Vl9x1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The gap retort and the one following it were hilarious. Mori uses so many different voices though sounded familiar, maybe it was her Sengoku Collection voice. Liked the robot design in the end.

The simulation was hilarious, some anime ought to try to have a laugh track. Reminded me of the most olde Scooby doo episodes.

StayDead

So I watched Macross Fronteir over the weekend and someone suggested I watch Macross Plus.

I'm not usually a fan of early 90s animation, but I gave it a watch as the series is cool itself. Just finished and my god do I feel like I've just been on an acid trip (I've never taken drugs, but this is what I imagine it feels like). That film is trippy as hell O_O

Soma

Sucy>>>Suzy>>>>>>>>Susie

Sushi>>Souci>>>Sucy>>>>>>>>>> Susie

It's Suzy.

Still makes more sense than "Sucy"

Yes. I accidentally clicked first page instead of last. ._.

So, Sushi.

Sucy > Susie

Suzy.
Such a doozy.
Makes potions.
Out of hair lotions.
Suzy.
Looks a bit woozy.
Wimma wimma wim wam wop bing bong.
xwImkEc.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I watched Macross Fronteir over the weekend and someone suggested I watch Macross Plus.

I'm not usually a fan of early 90s animation, but I gave it a watch as the series is cool itself. Just finished and my god do I feel like I've just been on an acid trip (I've never taken drugs, but this is what I imagine it feels like). That film is trippy as hell O_O

Yeah Plus is great.

Don't go back and watch 7 though. Seriously don't.

Nanoha StrikerS 1 (rewatch)

Now that I've technically rewatched A's another time thanks to that glorious second movie, I feel that it's time to move onto my rewatch of StrikerS since its been like 2 years and I have a very shitty memory. I do remember not liking the first 3/4 of this show however, so let's see how this goes.

This first episode was super cool, as it had Subaru being a total badass along with nakama life partner Teana helping her be badass. We get a brief look into Subaru's past and why she wants to be a mage, which already establishes her as a character from the get-go instead of leaving me wondering for several episodes. You can already tell from this episode however that Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate's as adults are the most boring things ever, and it's a shame that this episode will have more action than the majority of the episodes to come.

Nanoha StrikerS 1 (rewatch)

Now that I've technically rewatched A's another time thanks to that glorious second movie, I feel that it's time to move onto my rewatch of StrikerS since its been like 2 years and I have a very shitty memory. I do remember not liking the first 3/4 of this show however, so let's see how this goes.

This first episode was super cool, as it had Subaru being a total badass along with nakama life partner Teana helping her be badass. We get a brief look into Subaru's past and why she wants to be a mage, which already establishes her as a character from the get-go instead of leaving me wondering for several episodes. You can already tell from this episode however that Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate's as adults are the most boring things ever, and it's a shame that this episode will have more action than the majority of the episodes to come.
pretty sure all the budget of the show was used in the first eps.

Nafe

Little Witch Academia

I'm a whole bunch of pages behind and there's only so many ways to say this was amazing but it's just so good that I wanted to chime in and say that I watched Little Witch Academia and thought it was great as well. I watched the first four Harry Potter movies for the first time last year and I personally had much more fun watching this short with it's somewhat similar premise. I pretty much felt exactly like the main girl (Akko was it?) right at the beginning being all smiles and eyes wide open as I watched the amazing animation in this short. Those fireworks(!) or Shiny Chariot jumping and spinning around while the light from her wand danced around her...and many more amazing moments after that!

I agree that it was nice how the show was able to communicate things through it's visuals rather well. I also noticed right away that Diana was voiced by Yoko Hikasa, which was nice for me as I quite like her and after watching Psycho Pass for the past while I recognized Noriko Hidaka as the instructor. The potion girl who's name people can't seem to agree on is also great.

Before this aired some people who watched the trailers were commenting on it's high quality and asking for a full show but it's high quality was due to it being a shorter piece, so it would be nice if more got made from this story but I'd have to agree with the ones commenting that it should be a movie or just a few OVAs instead of a full show to help retain the quality presented if more got made.

Unless something comes along in the next few seasons that really amazes me, I'd have to say Little Witch Academia has secured a spot in my Anime of the year 2013 vote.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 51

First 13 minutes : talk talk talk
then .. "hey guys let's burn our cosmo !"
And finally it was a nice way to end an arc with a nice use of black and white to do a fight between light and darkness.

jman2050

wb jman and where's the LWA thread 7th???

I'm not posting regularly in any way still (it's helped me out a lot for personal reasons so far) but considering I just watched Trigger shame the anime industry in the same way Bobby Fisher shamed fellow chess grandmasters I would be remiss not to say something about it.

Better than Toradora?

something something apples oranges something

Steroyd

UtaPri 2 - 01

Came for the dead eyes, stayed for the Wakamoto-

VaderNOOOOOOOO!!

JacknicholsonYEEEEEEEEEES!

CG has corrupted me to the core, seeing a concert in 2D is quite a foreign to me now lol, and is it just me or did they give Haruka.... more personality(?)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Little Witch Academia

Unless something comes along in the next few seasons that really amazes me, I'd have to say Little Witch Academia has secured a spot in my Anime of the year 2013 vote.
I'm not posting regularly in any way still (it's helped me out a lot for personal reasons so far) but considering I just watched Trigger shame the anime industry in the same way Bobby Fisher shamed fellow chess grandmasters I would be remiss not to say something about it.
Poor Inferno Cop, he was number one until a bunch of witches came and took his name.

Nanoha StrikerS 2 (rewatch)

iivfkBgolrZ40.jpg

So much :SDBurton

So we now know that Hayate put together her own elite magical lesbian squad in the Space Bureau because they're all tired of doing paperwork instead of befriending people/saving the universe. The other new main characters Caro and Erio are also introduced, and they're no replacement for loli Nanoha and Fate. This gon' be a tough rewatch.

Nafe

You haven't seen UtaPri!

I haven't no. Is it really that amazing? Haha.

---

I listened to all of the fourth podcast you did as well. It turns out it was that one in which you guys talked about Chihayafuru. Just quickly about the foreign looking team and how great the soundtrack is.

The thing that blew your mind is that apparently there's some character named Han, I think that was it, in all or most of the Fast and the Furious movies and his character also appears in some movie Better Luck Tomorrow. I don't think I'd heard of that one so I had to look it up.

The other guys don't post on NeoGaf but they seem to be watching a lot of the same shows overall as people here, like Love Live!, haha. I'm actually surprised at how much you guys wound up talking about the show in the two, do you call them episodes for a podcast?, that I've listened to. You started with that Kotaru or something in this one that different ones here are watching but I'm personally not so I couldn't really follow the conversation. After that I think I was watching all the shows you guys were commenting on.

I was actually surprised when Crazy Canuck mentioned that he didn't recall any problems with the art for episode 18 or whatever it was for Psycho Pass. It wasn't even a case of being nitpicking but more along the lines of being really obvious like the missing animation in that episode of Magi. He seems to share the general opinion that Steins;Gate is better than Robotics;Notes and that it has some interesting ideas but they don't all come together and the show just takes too long for anything major to happen.

I haven't played the games you guys were talking about, like the Souls games and Revengance but I'd like to try them as they're more the type that I'm into. That and having similar opinions on the PS4 conference reveal thing.

Haha, have you seen the thread about that guy from GameTrailers getting his own quick little show starting with comments about that? He was pretty funny. Talking about the guy from sucker punch being so bad and acting like "You think the government is bad now...but what if there were superheroes!? What if YOU were a superhero?" haha.

Oh yeah, you guys talking about live action adaptations and Crazy Canuck joking "Everyone's hair is brown(or maybe it was black)" reminded me of a trailer for one of the live action Higurashi no naku koro ni movies that I watched on YouTube and different ones were actually complaining that the one girl, named Mion, didn't have green hair, haha. Others were responding that it would just be dumb since it's live action, haha.

I think I'll maybe go back to the first one and listen to them in order now.

Poor Inferno Cop, he was number one until a bunch of witches came and took his name.

I still haven't seen that so we'll see then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom