• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB 2: Electric Boogaloo (New X and Y info)

Meh, I don't hate some Pokémons, I love them all <3

team2t.png

Pokemon - Everyone Has Their Favourites

What does this mean? It's in Newtwo's page

txt_pokemon_01.png

Movie trailer debuting on the 18th featuring the new guy and Mewtwo.

Kyzon

The starters and Mewthree are adequate. The rest? Not so much.

The upcoming gen will probably be 50/50 when it comes to passable designs, IMO.

Also, Mewthree being a female version of Mewtwo seems obvious at this point.

Legendary Pokemon have no gender.

Muk is a pile of sludge (where sludge-like creatures do in fact exist in real life). Garbador is a giant pile of garbage.

At least Muk has the decency to be simple. Garbador is overdesigned (and a little bit too much like actual man-made waste/trash) in comparison.

I would venture to say that Muk is a better design, but not so much better that it should be able to escape criticism the way it does. Hell, it should get more criticism for being one of too-many Poison types in gen 1.

Davey Cakes

Gen 6 looks stunning so far, lol at the haters :D
Well, it wouldn't be any fun if people kept masturbating over every new gen. You need some dissenting opinions.

You're overly positive if you feel like everything Game Freak does is perfect and only gets better every time.

Every gen has issues. I recently beat Pokemon White, and enjoyed it. But it had issues, just like all the previous versions.

JoeM86

What does this mean? It's in Newtwo's page

txt_pokemon_01.png

Oh and even Japan's site is keen on saying that it's a new Pokemon with "similarities from Mewtwo".

It's saying about how on the 18th, the new trailer for the movie will be posted featuring Mewtwo and Newtwo, and that a secret will be unlocked

persongr

How does a creature like this live? It's got such a scrawny frame, but huge antlers.

Seriously?

You're questioning how a POKEMON... lives?

PS: I didn't like what was pictured in the scans, but the actual artwork and the animations are so good!

Ah but how would it be overdesigned? It's a living pile of garbage and unlike Muk is actually helpful. One of the rare instances where a poison type is being useful to society for a change. Besides, it's an actual Totoro.

He was referring to the pokemons art design. Muk is a simple concept which is why i have no problem with it. Garbodor just doesn't have that same simplicity.

Daingurse

I would venture to say that Muk is a better design, but not so much better that it should be able to escape criticism the way it does. Hell, it should get more criticism for being one of too-many Poison types in gen 1.

Poison type deserves a buff imo. Is a there a poison legendary? Drawing a blank.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's saying about how on the 18th, the new trailer for the movie will be posted featuring Mewtwo and Newtwo, and that a secret will be unlocked
Ahh cool!

With that said they really seem keen on saying it is not Mewtwo at all.

He was referring to the pokemons art design. Muk is a simple concept which is why i have no problem with it. Garbodor just doesn't have that same simplicity.

And I honestly don't see that as a case for Garbodor - I mean, what would you expect to a garbage bag that has ripped open to reveal its contents? Like I said, people just see "overdesigned" without thinking much of the design itself, something which early gen mons suffer from.

Probably because of how mass works. There are probably more extreme examples in nature.

I have no idea why anyone would question a damn pokemon of all things anyway. It's a made up creature with magical powers, it's obviously not working on the same terms as a normal animal. Which sometimes are ridiculous in their own right, and they're actually real.

So a week and a half at the longest until we know more.

Alright, I can live with that. Coro Coro may well spill the beans first next week anyway.

Box

Poison type deserves a buff imo. Is a there a poison legendary? Drawing a blank.

Well I don't think that the types are supposed to be inherently equal. They're sort of become that way though.

I think the poison type was supposed to be one of the weaker common types. They sort of changed their mind on that after Gen 1 though.

Darryl

Banned
evolved mew?

evolved mewtwo?

merged mew/mewtwo?

child of mew/mewtwo?

dunno but this is really some dbz shit. it looks fantastic though. the best duo are now a best trio

Teknoman

I guess they'll just call it perfect forme or something. Would be nice if it was just Mew's evolution though, showing how Mewtwo has genetic defects.

Daingurse

Well I don't think that the types are supposed to be inherently equal. They're sort of become that way though.

I think the poison type was supposed to be one of the weaker common types. They sort of changed their mind on that after Gen 1 though.

Yeah I can understand if that was what Game Freak intended, it just sucks that poison type is just straight up inferior. Ice is pretty bad too but at least it's decent offensively, poison is straight awful.

RagnarokX

Well, if the legendaries of this game are based on the creatures that live in Yggdrasil, the most likely third counterpart for Xerneas and Yveltal would be a poison/dragon type pokemon.

ash_ag

evolved mew?

evolved mewtwo?

merged mew/mewtwo?

child of mew/mewtwo?

dunno but this is really some dbz shit. it looks fantastic though. the best duo are now a best trio

Due to the movie title, I think this may be a Mewtwo forme, but it's possible that it's actually a different Mewtwo than the original one. I don't know how that's even possible, but let's take into consideration that the movie Mewtwo will have the Hidden Ability of Unnerve.

That would give sense in calling it "newly discovered" too.

Ahh cool!

With that said they really seem keen on saying it is not Mewtwo at all.

And I honestly don't see that as a case for Garbodor - I mean, what would you expect to a garbage bag that has ripped open to reveal its contents? Like I said, people just see "overdesigned" without thinking much of the design itself, something which early gen mons suffer from.
No, it says a new trailer with Mewtwo and (any number of) new pokemon.

This is a Mewtwo forme, especially since they're teasing that it's similar to Mewtwo. They're just going to reveal "oh actually it's a new forme, NO ONE EXPECTED THIS!"

Top Bottom