• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB 2: Electric Boogaloo (New X and Y info)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
has anyone considered slyveon to be a poison type? my friend told me that there is this poisonous ivy called Toxicodendron sylvestre and it's indigenous to Asia and apparently it can have pinkish type leaves (outlandish but i think it could also be a possiblity since most of the eevee evolutions have a weakness to one another the exceptions being umbreon and jolteon (not by moves they learn by typing)

jolteon> vaporeon
vaporeon>flareon
flareon>leafeon/glaceon
glaceon>leafeon
leafeon>vaporeon
umbreon>espeon
and is slyveon is indeed poison type it will give espeon>slvyeon
as well as sylveon>leafeon

But Sylveon is Nymphia in Japan.

Box

You know, Sylveon could be a flying type by virtue of being associated with Air/Wind. The ribbons don't have to be wings.

Flying has always had a split identity between flight, birds, and wind attacks. Besides, most of the Eevee evolutions are elemental and they tend to have high Special which is now the primary stat used by wind moves like Gust, Air Slash, Hurricane, Aeroblast, etc.

At the very least, I don't think we need to go into Japanese Buddhist stuff to find a connection.

zroid

Banned
Comparison photo.

ibeFqfQHXDOD2a.gif

lol. Based solely on the artwork presented here... Newtwo is better.

Mewtwo's weird-ass nose and crotch bulge are just blah.

Mewtwo has definitely looked better though, in some of its more recent depictions. So I can't say definitively which is better of the two.

zoukka

Newtwo represents a more modern sleek and inoffensive design.

So of course I prefer Mewtwo even though newtwo isn't a bad design in my opinion.

That Mewtwo art looks terrible, can you get something better for the comparison?
Sorry, that Mewtwo art it's maybe one of the best I've ever seen. In fact, it's thanks to that art that I can understand how anyone can think that Mewtwo had a better design that it's newer form.

zroid

Banned
Sorry, that Mewtwo art it's maybe one of the best I've ever seen. In fact, it's thanks to that art that I can understand how anyone can think that Mewtwo had a better design that it's newer form.

I think it's pretty hideous to be honest

Hey, taste is a funny thing

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, Sylveon could be a flying type by virtue of being associated with Air/Wind. The ribbons don't have to be wings.

Flying has always had a split identity between flight, birds, and wind attacks. Besides, most of the Eevee evolutions are elemental and they tend to have high Special which is now the primary stat used by wind moves like Gust, Air Slash, Hurricane, Aeroblast, etc.

At the very least, I don't think we need to go into Japanese Buddhist stuff to find a connection.

You'd be surprised how "obscure" or "deep" one has to make connections with to explain a lot of stuff that makes sense lol

For example, people wonder why Altaria is part Dragon when it's a bird. It's actually based on multiple references: its Japanese name is Tyltalis. Part of the name (Tyl being the name of the protagonists) is homage to the Blue Bird of Happiness from The Blue Bird play, thus Altaria (and Swablu) is a blue bird and part of its Pokedex is about bringing comfort with its song. Now the Dragon part? Tyl is also the other name for Epsilon Draconis which is a star of the constellation Draco, apparently appears in the play as well. So yeah, it's a bit convulted, but I love the intricacies of designs and origins, and not just basically "oh look it's a mole" what you see is what you get.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I honestly love it that Sugimori redid his old art when doing the remakes and even when moving on generations. His stuff since Gen III showed he has finally developed a good style.

Top Bottom