• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly European software charts: W/E 27.01.06

Tadaima

If you are going to post a chart for a European country...
Please follow the format below (where available) if you can. It saves me having to tidy them up :)

EDIT: Oh dear, I'm a year behind. Can a mod please change the title to suit the year? Thanks.

#) (System, Publisher) Game

UK: All prices:
1) (Capcom) LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION
2) (EA) FIFA 07
3) (Konami) PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6
4) (Nintendo) WII PLAY
5) (Blizzard) WORLD OF WARCRAFT: THE BURNING CRUSADE
6) (Nintendo) WARIO WARE: SMOOTH MOVES
7) (SEGA) WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2007
8) (EA) NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
9) (THQ) CARS
10) (Activision) CALL OF DUTY 3
11) (Nintendo) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS.
12) (EA) THE SIMS 2: PETS
13) (Lucasarts) LEGO STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY
14) (Take 2) CANIS CANEM EDIT
15) (EA) THE SIMS 2
16) (THQ) WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2007
17) (Nintendo) DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING
18) (Take 2) GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES
19) (Microsoft) GEARS OF WAR
20) (Ubisoft) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS
21) (Nintendo) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS
22) (SEGA) FOOTBALL MANAGER 2007
23) (Eidos) TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND
24) (THQ) ZOO TYCOON DS
25) (Egames) GALAXY OF GAMES
26) (Take 2) GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES
27) (Microsoft) PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 3
28) (Nintendo) ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD
29) (Nintendo) BIG BRAIN ACADEMY
30) (EA) THE SIMS (ORIGINAL)
31) (Vivendi) WORLD OF WARCRAFT
32) (Take 2) GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS
33) (Nintendo) 42 ALL-TIME CLASSICS
34) (GDL) SEGA RALLY
35) (EA) TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 07
36) (EA) NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
37) (Ubisoft) TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENT
38) (GDL) WINTER GAMES
39) (Vivendi) THE SIMPSONS: HIT & RUN
40) (Vivendi) SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS
*Bold: New/re-entries

UK: Full price:
1) (Capcom) LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION
2) (EA) FIFA 07
3) (Konami) PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6
4) (Blizzard) WORLD OF WARCRAFT: THE BURNING CRUSADE
5) (Nintendo) WARIO WARE: SMOOTH MOVES
6) (SEGA) WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2007
7) (EA) NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
8) (Activision) CALL OF DUTY 3
9) (Nintendo) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS.
10) (EA) THE SIMS 2: PETS
11) (Lucasarts) LEGO STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY
12) (THQ) WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2007
13) (Microsoft) GEARS OF WAR
14) (Ubisoft) TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX: VEGAS
15) (Nintendo) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS
16) (SEGA) FOOTBALL MANAGER 2007
17) (Take 2) GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES
18) (Nintendo) ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD
19) (Ubisoft) TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL: DOUBLE AGENT
20) (Vivendi) SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS
12) (THQ) BRATZ: FOREVER DIAMONDZ
22) (Activision) TONY HAWK'S PROJECT 8
23) (Ubisoft) RED STEEL
24) (Nintendo) STAR FOX COMMAND
25) (Midway) HAPPY FEET
26) (Ubisoft) ROCKY BALBOA
27) (SCE) BUZZ! JUNIOR: JUNGLE PARTY
28) (Ubisoft) PIPPA FUNNELL DS
29) (Take 2) THE ELDER SCROLLS IV: OBLIVION
30) (Nintendo) MARIO KART DS
31) (SCE) BUZZ! THE BIG QUIZ
32) (THQ) SAINTS ROW
33) (THQ) CARS
34) (Activision) MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE
35) (Nintendo) NINTENDOGS: DALMATIAN & FRIENDS
36) (Nintendo) NINTENDOGS: LAB & FRIENDS
37) (EA) TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 07
38) (Actision) GUITAR HERO II
39) (Ubisoft) TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: ADV WARFIGHTER
40) (Capcom) DEAD RISING
*Bold: New/re-entries

Ireland:
1) (EA) FIFA 2007
2) (THQ) Cars
3) (Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros.
4) (Take 2) Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
5) (Capcom) Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
6) (EA) Need for Speed Carbon
7) (Konami) Pro Evolution Soccer 6
8) (EA) The Sims 2
9) (EA) Call of Duty 3
10) (Nintendo) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
11) (Nintendo) Wii Play
12) (THQ) WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
13) (EA) The Sims 2: Pets
14) (Nintendo) Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
15) (Eidos) Tomb Raider: Legend
16) (Nintendo) Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
17) (Lucasarts) Lego Star Wars II
18) (Blizzard) World of Warcraft: The Burning Cruisade
19) (SEGA) World Snooker Championship 2007
20) (EA) Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Finland:
1) (Vivendi) World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
2) (Sony) Singstar Legends
3) (Vivendi) World of Warcraft
4) (EA) Sims 2: Lemmikkielämää
5) (EA) Counter-Strike: Source
6) (EA) NHL 07
7) (EA) Need For Speed: Carbon 12vk
8) (Nintendo) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
9) (Nintendo) Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
10) (Capcom) Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

pswii60

Wow @ Lost Planet

Surely it's sold faster than even GoW!?

This is the first 360 game I have even see with REAL legs.

u_neek

Scheisse, Lost Planet is really doing well. It's appeared on more or less all European top 10 lists.
Capcom must be happy.

Arsenal

Wow, I really didn't expect LP to hold up more than a couple weeks.

Whats with the 360games starting to grow some legs? Gears is still hanging in there and R6 is holding on as well. Even GRAW and DR popped back onto the charts.

Rlan

Canis Cadem Edit [Bully] isn't full price? Still selling pretty good though
I'm waiting until it goes to half price here in Australia

Are the Buzz / Singstar games as annoyingly big in Europe as they are in Australia?

Arsenal said:
Wow, I really didn't expect LP to hold up more than a couple weeks.

Whats with the 360games starting to grow some legs? Gears is still hanging in there and R6 is holding on as well. Even GRAW and DR popped back onto the charts.
I hope it means that the 360 is finally getting a sales boost in the European market. Maybe it's the extra PS3-less christmas that gave it a push. I don't want the console only to be succesful in america and to fail miserably in the rest of the world.

Rlan said:
Canis Cadem Edit [Bully] isn't full price? Still selling pretty good though
I'm waiting until it goes to half price here in Australia

Are the Buzz / Singstar games as annoyingly big in Europe as they are in Australia?
They're very big in Europe yeah, but it differs a lot from country to country so it seems. But I think New Zealand and Australia are (relatively) the top markets for these games. I can remember a New Zealand chart that had 7 or 8 titles with "buzz" or "singstar" in it. The pack edition, the second edition, the stand alone game, godknowswhatelse...

Bo130

Top 20 for Ireland. Did new stock of Wii Play come in this past week?

1. FIFA 2007
2. Cars
3. New Super Mario Bros.
4. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
5. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
6. Need for Speed Carbon
7. Pro Evolution Soccer 6
8. The Sims 2
9. Call of Duty 3
10. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
11. Wii Play
12. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007
13. The Sims 2: Pets
14. Brain Training
15. Tomb Raider: Legend
16. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
17. Lego Star Wars II
18. World of Warcraft: The Burning Cruisade
19. World Snooker Championship 2007
20. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Holy crap at Lost Planet. I think Capcom was actually right with their 2 million projection, it seems like almost half of that is going to come from Europe alone.

doicare

With an average score of 79.5% for lost planet, what score does it take for an xbox360 exclusive not to sell well?

pswii60

Commentry:

Capcom regains No1 in the All Formats Top 40 with ‘Lost Planet: Extreme Condition’, while last week’s chart topper ‘World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade’ feels the heat, dropping from No1 to No5 after an impressive launch week.

Last year Capcom only managed one week at All Formats No1 with ‘Dead Rising’, but ‘Lost Planet’ has not only recaptured No1, but also outsold ‘Dead Rising’ over its first three weeks of launch by 20%. ‘FIFA 07’ and ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 6’ continue to sell well, up from No4 to No2 and No5 to No3 respectively. Replenished stock propels ‘Wii Play’ back into the Top 10, up from No11 to No4, giving Nintendo two Top 10 Wii titles, as ‘Wario Ware: Smooth Moves’ slips from No3 to No6. Nintendo record 8 games in the All Formats Top 40 this week, more than any other publisher (including EA, which has 7).

THQ’s ‘Cars’ reverses back into the Top 10, up from No16 to No9, boosted by retailer price promotions, while the American publisher’s ‘Zoo Tycoon DS’ enjoys a promotional boost, making it this week’s highest climber, up from No37 to No24. Football loses out to snooker in the PS2 Full Price chart this week as Sega’s ‘World Championship Snooker 2007’ pockets the No1 spot with ‘FIFA 07’ down from No1 to No3. No new releases make the All Formats Top 40, but Ubisoft’s film tie-in ‘Rocky Balboa’ debuts at No3 in the PSP Full Price chart, while Nintendo’s new ‘Star Fox Command’ enters the DS chart at No8.

Razoric

Banned
doicare said:
With an average score of 79.5% for lost planet, what score does it take for an xbox360 exclusive not to sell well?

Um review scores are worthless to everyone but fanboys on a forum.

Word of mouth is king and most are saying Lost Planet is ****ing great.

tiong_fi

As the infamous finnish ski jumper legend Matti Nykänen would say: "I'm getting a bon voyage feeling of this"

Oh well, let's post these again:

Finnish charts:

Virallinen Pelit-lista
15.1.-28.1.2007

TOP-10
1.World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (PC) (Vivendi Games) 2vk
2.Singstar Legends (PS2) (Sony) 8vk
3.World of Warcraft (PC) (Vivendi Games) 14vk
4.Sims 2: Lemmikkielämää (PC, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA) (EA) 14vk
5.Counter-Strike: Source (PC) (EA) 10vk
6.NHL 07 (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP) (EA Sports) 18vk
7.Need For Speed: Carbon (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GC, Wii) (EA) 12vk
8.Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, GC) (Nintendo)
9.Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) (Nintendo)
10.Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360) (Capcom)

PC

World of Warcraf: The Burning Crusade (PC) (Vivendi Games) 2vk

World of Warcraft (PC) (Vivendi Games) 14vk

Sims 2: Lemmikkielämää (PC, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA) (EA) 14vk

Counter-Strike: Source (PC) (EA) 10vk

Civilization IV (PC) (Take 2)

Battlefield 2142 (PC) (EA) 4vk

Sims 2: Yöelämää (PC) (EA)

Sims 2: Kauppa auki (PC) (EA)

Guild Wars: Nightfall (PC) (Ubisoft) 2vk

Sims 2: Yliopisto (PC) (EA)

Xbox 360

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360) (Capcom)

Call of Duty 3 (PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii) (Activision) 8vk

Gears Of War (Xbox 360) (Microsoft) 4vk

Dead or Alive 4 (Xbox 360) (Microsoft)

Need For Speed: Carbon (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GC, Wii) (EA) 12vk

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (Xbox 360) (Ubisoft)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Knights of the Nine (PC) (Ubisoft)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC, Xbox 360) (Take 2)

Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360) (Ubisoft)

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 (PS2, Xbox 360) (THQ) 6vk

PlayStation 2

Singstar Legends (PS2) (Sony) 8vk

NHL 07 (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP) (EA Sports) 18vk

Need For Speed: Carbon (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, GC, Wii) (EA) 12vk

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA) (Activision) 16vk

Guitar Hero II (PS2) (Activision)

Karvinen 2 (Game Factory) 4vk

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PSP) (EA)

Sims 2: Lemmikkielämää (PC, PS2, PSP, DS, GC, GBA) (EA) 14vk

Godfather (PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox, XBox 360, Wii) (EA)

Fight Night Round 3 (PS2, PS3, Xbo, Xbox 360) (EA)

PSP

Need for Speed Carbon: Own The City (PSP, DS, GBA) (EA)

Daxter (PSP) (Sony)

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2, PSP) (Rockstar) 2vk

NHL 07 (PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP) (EA Sports) 18vk

GTA Vice City Stories PSP (Rockstar)

Nintendo DS

New Super Mario Bros. (DS) (Nintendo)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (DS) (Nintendo)

Nintendogs Dalmatialainen (DS) (Nintendo)

Mario Kart DS (DS) (Nintendo)

Yoshi's Island 2 (DS) (Nintendo)

Wii

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, GC) (Nintendo)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) (Nintendo)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (PS2, Wii) (Ubisoft)

Call of Duty 3 (PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii) (Activision) 8vk

Red Steel (Wii) (Ubisoft)

----

Wii games make it to top 10 for the first time.

doicare

Razoric said:
Um review scores are worthless to everyone but fanboys on a forum.

Word of mouth is king and most are saying Lost Planet is ****ing great.

Review scores are meant to show the average opinion of what people think of a game. The majority of games that score well, sell well. If this was just a one off then i wouldnt say anything but this is happening all the time, pretty much whatever xbox360 exclusive game comes out sells well regardless of the score.

Razoric

Banned
doicare said:
Review scores are meant to show the average opinion of what people think of a game. The majority of games that score well, sell well. If this was just a one off then i wouldnt say anything but this is happening all the time, pretty much whatever xbox360 exclusive game comes out sells well regardless of the score.

What game has gotten horrible scores on 360 and has went on to sell really well?

(~80% average is not a bad score btw)

doicare

pswii60 said:
Viva Pinata says hi.

Viva Pinata thats an exception for obvious reasons. Perfect Dark Zero, Lost Planet, Quake 4, Chromehounds, Saints Row, Full Auto, The Outfit, Blazing Angels, Ninety-Nine Nights, Over G Fighters say hi.

Razoric

Banned
doicare said:
Viva Pinata thats an exception for obvious reasons. Perfect Dark Zero, Lost Planet, Quake 4, Chromehounds, Saints Row, Full Auto, The Outfit, Blazing Angels, Ninety-Nine Nights, Over G Fighters say hi.

Are you saying all those games got universally "bad" review scores? :lol

pswii60

doicare said:

PDZ sold well because it was a launch title. Same for Quake 4 but I don't think it sold all that well on 360 actually.

Chromehounds sold reasonably well on the back of word of mouth due to the Live experience.

Saints Row actually had decent reviews but hasn't sold to anywhere near the heights of GTA.

Full Auto and The Outfit didn't sell much at all.

Ninety Nine Nights did not have legs and only sold on the back of some initial hype.

Blazing Angels and Over G Fighters sold OK because they were the only games of their type on a platform whose previous fans loved Crimson Skies.

If a game sells well, there is a reason for it. Either because it has a lot of hype, it appeals to a mass-market, has a good marketing campaign, or a lot of word of mouth. Rarely does it have ANYTHING to do with the score. Madden is an obvious example.

Tadaima

doicare said:
Review scores are meant to show the average opinion of what people think of a game. The majority of games that score well, sell well.

I think you'll find that in Europe (the UK especially), it's all down to how the game is marketed.

pswii60

Eddz said:
I think you'll find that in Europe (the UK especially), it's all down to how the game is marketed.

This is very true. But, doicare, let's not forget the plethora of great games that have never gotten the recognition they deserved sales-wise.

And let's not forget the 360 games that sold barely any copies at all. Like Bomberman for example.

Also, I don't always WANT to play AAA 10/10 games, just as I don't want to spend all my movie time watching oscar-winners. Sometimes *gasp* I am in the mood for Police Academy 7. (OK, bad example)

doicare said:

I think you'll start seeing, this year, that even exclusivity won't matter. 360 Software will be PWNING 2007, prediction.

pswii60

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think you'll start seeing, this year, that even exclusivity won't matter. 360 Software will be PWNING 2007, prediction.

With 360's line-up there is no doubt both hardware and software will do extremely well this year. But, let's not forget about Nintendo's chart dominance for the last year.

doicare

pswii60 said:
PDZ sold well because it was a launch title. Same for Quake 4 but I don't think it sold all that well on 360 actually.

Chromehounds sold reasonably well on the back of word of mouth due to the Live experience.

Saints Row actually had decent reviews but hasn't sold to anywhere near the heights of GTA.

Full Auto and The Outfit didn't sell much at all.

Ninety Nine Nights did not have legs and only sold on the back of some initial hype.

Blazing Angels and Over G Fighters sold OK because they were the only games of their type on a platform whose previous fans loved Crimson Skies.

If a game sells well, there is a reason for it. Either because it has a lot of hype, it appeals to a mass-market, has a good marketing campaign, or a lot of word of mouth. Rarely does it have ANYTHING to do with the score. Madden is an obvious example.

What im saying is most games that are multi format games on the 360 that have scores around 6-8 out of 10 sell alot worse than exclusive 360 games on the 360 that score 6-8 out of 10. Why is that? It just seems to me the 'hive mind' like community of the 360 jump from one exclusive to the next just because it's exclusive to their brand.

Saints Row - 81.9% - 23rd best rated xbox360 game = 579,000 sold – 7th highest selling xbox360 game
Perfect Dark Zero - 80.9% - 27th best rated xbox360 game = 593,500 sold – 6th highest selling xbox360 game
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - 79.6% - 36th best rated xbox360 game = ??? sold but its going to be a heck of alot.
Quake 4 - 75.6% – 45th best rated xbox360 game = 222,500 sold - 30th highest selling xbox360 game
Chromehounds - 71.3% – 55th best rated xbox360 game = 184,500 sold – 34th highest selling xbox360 game
Full Auto - 71.1% – 56th best rated xbox360 game= 138,000 sold – 43th highest selling xbox360 game
The Outfit - 70.6% – 57th best rated xbox360 game = 146,000 sold – 42th highest selling xbox360 game
Blazing Angels - 67.3% - 60th best rated xbox360 game = 174,000 sold – 39th highest selling xbox360 game
Ninety-Nine Nights - 62.9% – 64th best rated xbox360 game = 131,500 sold - 50th highest selling xbox360 game
Over G Fighters - 52.5% – 73th best rated xbox360 game = 111,000 sold – 55th highest selling xbox360 game

Razoric

Banned
doicare said:
What im saying is most games that are multi format games on the 360 that have scores around 6-8 out of 10 sell alot worse than exclusive 360 games on the 360 that score 6-8 out of 10. Why is that? It just seems to me the 'hive mind' like community of the 360 jump from one exclusive to the next just because it's exclusive to their brand.

Ahh I see what you are doing now.

pswii60

doicare said:

Saints Row - 81.9% - 23rd best rated xbox360 game = 579,000 sold – 7 highest selling xbox360 game
Perfect Dark Zero - 80.9% - 27th best rated xbox360 game = 593,500 sold – 6 highest selling xbox360 game
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - 79.6% - 36th best rated xbox360 game = ??? sold but its going to be a heck of alot.
Quake 4 - 75.6% – 45th best rated xbox360 game = 222,500 - 30 highest selling xbox360 game
Chromehounds - 71.3% – 55th best rated xbox360 game = 184,500 – 34 highest selling xbox360 game
Full Auto - 71.1% – 56th best rated xbox360 game= 138,000 – 43 highest selling xbox360 game
The Outfit - 70.6% – 57th best rated xbox360 game = 146,000 – 42 highest selling xbox360 game
Blazing Angels - 67.3% - 60th best rated xbox360 game = 174,000 – 39 highest selling xbox360 game
Ninety-Nine Nights - 62.9% – 64th best rated xbox360 game = 131,500 - 50 highest selling xbox360 game
Over G Fighters - 52.5% – 73th best rated xbox360 game = 111,000 – 55 highest selling xbox360 game

Perhaps because if a game is out on last-gen consoles, sub-consciously or consciously, people are put of that game thinking it's just a last-gen port. Whereas if it's been developed specifically FOR the 360, then it's a this-gen game.

If Lost Planet was 360/PS3 only, I'd expect that you'd see the exact same numbers.

In summary I think you're getting brand-exclusive mixed with generation-exclusive. People just don't want to spend their money on last-gen ports they could buy cheaper for their old xbox or ps2

Firstly, why quote ioi numbers? At least put a give or take 100k, or say you're using ioi numbers haha.

Anyways, I'm very surprised at how well Lost Planet is doing. It seems that just about every Xbox360 exclusive that comes out is not only a decent/great title, but it also sells very well for a good month at least, and then drops. But still it's very ncie to see soem legs for this cool shooter. I got to play the demo in stores and it was pretty fun. Strange controls though.

I'm also pleased that New Super Mario Bros. is still in the top 10, it's gotta be over 1.5 - 2 million in Europe now (I can say it with certainty, but have no hard evidence to prove it).

Twilight Princess....

GhaleonEB

doicare said:

Saints Row - 81.9% - 23rd best rated xbox360 game = 579,000 sold – 7th highest selling xbox360 game
Perfect Dark Zero - 80.9% - 27th best rated xbox360 game = 593,500 sold – 6th highest selling xbox360 game
Quake 4 - 75.6% – 45th best rated xbox360 game = 222,500 sold - 30th highest selling xbox360 game
Chromehounds - 71.3% – 55th best rated xbox360 game = 184,500 sold – 34th highest selling xbox360 game
Full Auto - 71.1% – 56th best rated xbox360 game= 138,000 sold – 43th highest selling xbox360 game
The Outfit - 70.6% – 57th best rated xbox360 game = 146,000 sold – 42th highest selling xbox360 game
Blazing Angels - 67.3% - 60th best rated xbox360 game = 174,000 sold – 39th highest selling xbox360 game
Ninety-Nine Nights - 62.9% – 64th best rated xbox360 game = 131,500 sold - 50th highest selling xbox360 game
Over G Fighters - 52.5% – 73th best rated xbox360 game = 111,000 sold – 55th highest selling xbox360 game
But why single out the 360? Run a similar analysis on other systems.

And put it in a different thread.

Razoric said:
Ahh I see what you are doing now.

It's the classic "Hah hah, you keep financially supporting the console you own and its software" burn. It's quite magical to watch people try and spin the buying habits of 360 owners in a negative light.

Razoric

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's the classic "Hah hah, you keep financially supporting the console you own and its software" burn. It's quite magical to watch people try and spin the buying habits of 360 owners in a negative light.

Yup. Trying to derail good 360 news by saying we're all sheep and we'll buy shit games because they are 'exclusive' to the 360.

Razoric said:
Yup. Trying to derail good 360 news by saying we're all sheep and we'll buy shit games because they are 'exclusive' to the 360.

I look forward to gauging (sp?!?) NBA Street's performance across the two HD platforms, as I believe it's the first multiplatform next gen exclusive game to hit both, is that correct?

doicare

pswii60 said:
Perhaps because if a game is out on last-gen consoles, sub-consciously or consciously, people are put of that game thinking it's just a last-gen port. Whereas if it's been developed specifically FOR the 360, then it's a this-gen game.

If Lost Planet was 360/PS3 only, I'd expect that you'd see the exact same numbers.

In summary I think you're getting brand-exclusive mixed with generation-exclusive. People just don't want to spend their money on last-gen ports they could buy cheaper for their old xbox or ps2

Maybe but i don't buy that as the main reason, if all those exclusive 360 games ive listed were multi format games i just dont think they would sell half as well on the 360.

Ceb

doicare said:

MS disabling the "last games played" feature of the Gamer tags. Very smart of them to include that.

doicare

Razoric said:

Please explain why low scoring xbox360 exclusives sell alot more than most low scoring multi format games on the 360?

Razoric

Banned
doicare said:
Please explain why low scoring xbox360 exclusives sell alot more than most low scoring multi format games on the 360?

Um maybe because if it's 360 exclusive thats the only place you can get it, thus higher 360 sales? Multiconsole games spread sales amongst each other.

Ceb said:
MS disabling the "last games played" feature of the Gamer tags. Very smart of them to include that.

It took me like five tries to figure out what you were saying, but yeah. I do like getting an instant gague of a gamer's taste on a site like Xbox.com or the like.

Razoric said:
Um maybe because if it's 360 exclusive thats the only place you can get it, thus higher 360 sales? Multiconsole games spread sales amongst each other.

Actually, this is where the community pays dividends tremendously. If anyone has even a flagging interest in, say, Over G, they can go to Xbox.com, go to the Over G forum, see on the gamertags of like the ten people who actually liked the game what other games they played, and they find, say, two games they really enjoyed and, whee, they're #11. Most people with disposable income only need the slightest bit of prodding to part with their money. Xbox Live and its community features do exactly that. I know I've bought games like Chromehounds and Full Auto because I saw people who's opinions I value playing them. I did have initial interest in them, but it was the community that ultimately pushed me over the last hurdle of actually parting with my money.

Razoric

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Actually, this is where the community pays dividends tremendously. If anyone has even a flagging interest in, say, Over G, they can go to Xbox.com, go to the Over G forum, see on the gamertags of like the ten people who actually liked the game what other games they played, and they find, say, two games they really enjoyed and, whee, they're #11. Most people with disposable income only need the slightest bit of prodding to part with their money. Xbox Live and its community features do exactly that. I know I've bought games like Chromehounds and Full Auto because I saw people who's opinions I value playing them. I did have initial interest in them, but it was the community that ultimately pushed me over the last hurdle of actually parting with my money.

Oh I agree completely. Seeing a lot of your friends play a game really compels you to check the game out. I was responding to his question "why do exclusive 360 games with 'poor' ratings sell more than multiplatform 360 games with 'poor' ratings."

Razoric said:
Oh I agree completely. Seeing a lot of your friends play a game really compels you to check the game out. I was responding to his question "why do exclusive 360 games with 'poor' ratings sell more than multiplatform 360 games with 'poor' ratings."

Yeah, I think that's a bit of a straw man argument. Every game except Over G on that list had great word of mouth. Could it just be that MS just happened to have secured *GASP* fun and enjoyable games that take advantage of their platform strengths as exclusives?

Top Bottom