• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Shoyz

They're a basic set, and the white color can be used on any of them, but you need to earn it on a costume-by-costume basis. 100 Saves/Sacrifices with it equipped.

You can do both!

I plan on buying it. Enjoyed the demo and want to play it online with some buddies.

If anyone in the EU timezone wants to join me my psn id is tommasoted

MightyKAC

Day 1 baby, been a looong time waiting too.

MightyKAC - MightKAC (NA)

I'm on the NA PSN but I'm on JP timezone BTW.

Cha

Can not wait!
Saving everything on my first run. I'm mostly support/healing. Currently 14/6 in the demo. Add me to the list.

Cha - Charmoyl (EU)

"Let's use stone."

Mr. Black

Banned
You can add me! Mr. Black - mrblack343 (EU).

Already playing the full game, but I'm stuck at
fighting Cerberus with Magusar
in story mode. 17/19 at the moment, wanted to go divine, but sacrifice feels more usefull since it recharges your spells. Still saving most of the bosses though.

I couldn't find it in the OT, what size will the final game be? Have to make some space on the 16Gb card.

EU version is 1771 MB. :)

Grinchy

Banned
I've beaten Cerberus like 6 times tonight online. It's not as hard as I was expecting. I think his moves are easier to evade than Harpy's, even. But he definitely does a ton of damage if anything connects.

SiDCrAzY

I've beaten Cerberus like 6 times tonight online. It's not as hard as I was expecting. I think his moves are easier to evade than Harpy's, even. But he definitely does a ton of damage if anything connects.

I played with somebody named Grinchy earlier tonight, wonder if that was you.

KiteGr

This game makes me want to play Monster Hunter again. And I normaly don't even like, let alone play, Monster Hunter...
To my eyes it's just a needlessly weird and complex version of that game! I'm expecting the Arena style gameplay to become boring soon without some strong variation in gameplay...

Lucent

This game makes me want to play Monster Hunter again. And I normaly don't even like, let alone play, Monster Hunter...
To my eyes it's just a needlessly weird and complex version of that game! I'm expecting the Arena style gameplay to become boring soon without some strong variation in gameplay...

I can sort of understand the weird part. I dunno about it being needlessly weird though. And how is it more complex than MH? I'd say it's about the same. Instead of crafting armor and weapons, you're crafting spells by gathering the spells you need to make new ones. Instead of using gems, you're using sigils. You're still fighting monsters to better yourself.

I do agree that the arena style thing seems kinda lame at first, but the more I think about all the time I had to spend running around the maps in Monster Hunter to gather materials and chase down the monsters, it's really not that bad of a trade-off. It makes the game a more manageable portable game. And playing with other people is really where it's at. I like Monster Hunter, but I had most fun with it playing with others. Def feel the same way about it here.

Hanmik

Anyone figured out what Scapegoat is? I've got a sigil Scapegoat Recover +25. No idea!

isn´t it just an ailment that makes you (if you are infected with Scapegoat) the enemies prime target..? I have had a few matches where my partner was infected with Scapegoat, and I went to my partner and presses X, and took over the Scapegoat. Whenever I did that the enemies all went for me instead of my partner... but I´m not 100% sure.

isn´t it just an ailment that makes you (if you are infected with Scapegoat) the enemies prime target..? I have had a few matches where my partner was infected with Scapegoat, and I went to my partner and presses X, and took over the Scapegoat. Whenever I did that the enemies all went for me instead of my partner... but I´m not 100% sure.

No idea. Don't think i've had an ailment yet. I've had the enemy focus me like a insulted its mother but i assumed it was a host thing.

The game still hasn't clicked the same way with me as Monster Hunter does, but I'll give the full game a chance to win me over.

EU PSN: slaughterbaron

ZeroAKA

No idea. Don't think i've had an ailment yet. I've had the enemy focus me like a insulted its mother but i assumed it was a host thing.
I've gotten a message about the scapegoat ailment a few times, but I don't know what triggers it.

The PSN list on the OP should be updated up to this post. That's quite a long list already. :eek:

Had an awful experience with this last night.

Before bed i thought id try a random multiplayer game. Got in a room. Some one joins called bad gurl. Spams chat saying im a gamer girl. I already hate this person.

Anyways Cerberus is the chosen one. Taking out the mobs at the start I used Grave Clod on a cat. This knocked said gamer girl into the air. This person then proceeds to spam the same attack but trying to hit me like I did this shit on purpose. She keeps missing and the boss spawns.

She dies within seconds. The other 2 die trying to res her. Just me left. I shield and stun him so I can save people. I save them all only to be killed by Cerberus on the last res. Gamer girl then decides sacrificing me is the best option for green health Cerberus. Before my animation even finishes everyone dies.

Some people are pure dicks on this game. Im glad i have 4 people to play it with because random online gaming is a cesspit!

ijed

I've gotten a message about the scapegoat ailment a few times, but I don't know what triggers it.

I had it trigger when a cat barfed on me.

Also if your teammate catches fire you can take it off them and it gives you an attack up

Edit: yes sac happy people are annoying - wish you could rate players, even just personally or see coop stats of peeps you've already played with

I don't mind being sac'd. Sometimes its worth it for the martyr reward alone. But the attitude of some people just because you interrupted an attacked is appalling. I got kicked from a group once because my golem killed another persons.

Anyone noticed the ratings for the demo on the PS Store? Over 2000 ratings at 4 1/2 stars.

ZeroAKA

Maybe I've just been lucky with my parties, but I have yet to meet someone online who was uncooperative. I think I've only failed 1 or 2 online missions total.

repeater

Did we ever get a confirmation for the pre order content being with the digital release?
In the EU at least, this text is included in the description of the pre-order on the webstore:
Pre-order
Pre-order Soul Sacrifice™ and receive these exclusive items:
• Two character costumes.
• Three magic items – the Spirits Flamepike, Blightstone and Fulgurwood.
• The Japanese voice-over pack.
To claim your Pre-order content and your Network Pass, navigate to the Soul Sacrifice™ page on PlayStation®Store when the game has launched on May 1st 2013 (Europe) or May 3rd 2012 (UK and Ireland).

kiyomi

Just beat Sortiara. Really enjoying this, although I'm still easing myself into understanding the spell system and the quest rewards and stuff. I'll try playing online later!

I've been sacrificing everyone so far - not too sure what I want to do with builds and stuff, since I just want the rewards and the magics >:)

One little thing I have noticed that I don't like is when you roll and hold X, your character doesn't automatically resume sprinting. You have to press it once to roll, and then hold it once again straight afterwards to start sprinting. It's a minor thing, but it's maybe a little jarring.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone else have difficulty sacrificing kittens? I simply can't do it. Normally end up fighting a massive vacuum Orc because of it.

wilflare

Anyone else have difficulty sacrificing kittens? I simply can't do it. Normally end up fighting a massive vacuum Orc because of it.

hmm you mean the other orcs will come and feed on it and become a bigger Orc?
I have problems sacrificing.. things in general... that's the uncomfortable bit of the game for me

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I didn't notice a difference. What's a vacuum Orc?

hmm you mean the other orcs will come and feed on it and become a bigger Orc?
I have problems sacrificing.. things in general... that's the uncomfortable bit of the game for me
Yeah, I call 'em vacuum Orcs because as far as I know, the suction ability isn't used in their default size. Orcs will hobble and eat whatever is dying and lying around - after eating 2 sacrifices, they'll be able to draw you towards them.

So since I'm trying to stay balanced until I unlock the later abilities, I 'had' to start sacrificing once I hit 10/1. Instead, I'd just leave kittens on the ground and go after something else, not realizing a new Orc ate everything I left behind.

ZeroAKA

Yeah, I call 'em vacuum Orcs because as far as I know, the suction ability isn't used in their default size. Orcs will hobble and eat whatever is dying and lying around - after eating 2 sacrifices, they'll be able to draw you towards them.

So since I'm trying to stay balanced until I unlock the later abilities, I 'had' to start sacrificing once I hit 10/1. Instead, I'd just leave kittens on the ground and go after something else, not realizing a new Orc everything I left behind.
I don't think I ever kept any of the Orcs alive long enough to see their vacuum ability. o_O

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's pretty neat and I was surprised that they added something like that to what really amounts to a regular trash enemy. They get to be really big - bigger than Jack-o-Lantern, I think.

Holmes

Is using Black Rites the best way to get Martyr rewards in the Sorcerer's Ordeals quests? I tried fighting Jack-o-Lantern and got him down to red, died, got sacrificed, and Sortiara still wasn't able to take him down. She's so useless, and then bitches me out whenever I get hit. She bugs me.

ZeroAKA

Is using Black Rites the best way to get Martyr rewards in the Sorcerer's Ordeals quests? I tried fighting Jack-o-Lantern and got him down to red, died, got sacrificed, and Sortiara still wasn't able to take him down. She's so useless, and then bitches me out whenever I get hit. She bugs me.
For difficult bosses (or just Cerberus in the demo), I usually use my Black Rite and then purposely die so that other people on my team can sacrifice me for more damage. That's assuming the boss is already at red, of course.

Edit: Oh, that's what you did. You may want to try using your Black Rite in another level since I've seen from posts online that you could get better Martyr rewards from more difficult missions.

I wonder what influences Black Rite damage. Is it your stats if you get sacrifice like 1/19 will result in most damage or is it the person who sacrifice you or it's a set amount of damage?

kiyomi

Screenshot this please. (I don't have my Vita with me right now.)

PR6blTZ.jpg
yXpol6p.jpg

Not sure how much bigger they can get - and maybe not the bext pictures - but this was after one of the orcs ate three of the sacrifices.

matmanx1

Orcs are so far my least favorite trash mob by a pretty good margin. They are gross, the belch and vomit on you and they eat your defeated foes getting bigger and more powerful in the process. Really clever enemy design on them though, I will say.

How do you check to see what spells your teammates are using? Someone in a group said "check my loadout" and I honestly didn't know how to do it.

ZeroAKA

How do you check to see what spells your teammates are using? Someone in a group said "check my loadout" and I honestly didn't know how to do it.
Press X on the name of your party members.

If you die and your teammates don't save/sacrifice you on time, can you be eaten by those Orcs?

Jinaar

Jinaar (GAF) - Jinaar (PSN)

I see this game taking my life away, as right now I am playing it as often as I can. Hours being sacrificed away. Haven't even tried Cerebrus yet due to me trying to 3 star all my current spells and then Fuse new spells and 3 star them as well, which is leading me to get Divine Sorcerer as much as possible in the Story and Trial modes. Did get the Golem spell last night, well the one where it stands in place and punches drunkenly. Have to figure that one out.

Top Bottom