• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

I need to start trying that. I always see the attack coming from a mile away...and then I run a mile away. But I'd rather just smack his ass on the ground and then get a few extra hits out of it.

Your timing has to be spot on -- like, you need to already be in range and see the first few frames of him starting to do it so you have enough time to charge. It will do a knockback, but he won't go down on his face(s). It just interrupts the animation and puts him back in the standing state and he does a different attack (but you should be at a safe distance to roll accordingly and do whatever).

This also works with the howl and the lightning bark. If you're not fast enough with the lightning bark, if he does the one that makes a blue AoE on the ground, you better roll cancel your charge and hope you don't get nailed.

lol. I dunno how it's uncomfortable. Maybe it's just because I know it's a game and I don't really pay attention to the original forms. I just know I need offerings so I sacrifice them as soon as I need them.

If he feels bad, he can save just about everything and only sacrifice the "evil/rage/berserk" ones.
I'm pretty indiscriminate though... I take what I need to get the job done... ;)

Yeah well, I don't collect trophies. I'll spend time maxing out spells and stuff and trying to get them all as long as there's stuff to kill. I'd probably even keep playing it when I'm almighty just to help other people out. But yeah I have a feeling if the demo could last this long then the game probably will provide a lot of play time. Looking at all the blacked out quests and stuff in the demo, it would seem like there's a lot to go through.

Would be awesome if they kept making more bosses and spells and stuff over time. Up the level cap to like 200 sometime. lol. I dunno.

I read somewhere that there was DLC in the making.

Lucent

Yeah. I mean I know there's DLC in Japan already. I think they got like 10 free bosses or something? And also have paid DLC. Just wondering how much of that they'll continue to do.

If he feels bad, he can save just about everything and only sacrifice the "evil/rage/berserk" ones.
I'm pretty indiscriminate though... I take what I need to get the job done... ;)

lol what do you mean by "evil/rage/berserk" ones?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I think four of the ten free bosses and stages are out in Japan right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they did some paid stuff down the line too. I'd welcome it.

There's already been DLC monsters in Japan -- at least 2 of them. And they might've been free.

lol what do you mean by "evil/rage/berserk" ones?

Well, when you kill <enemy> and it reverts to it's original state so you can sacrifice or save, sometimes they have special text. I'm pretty sure it's random... but like you'll get something like:
"Good soul sensed in rats" in a little blue box over them and saving them gives bonuses; so like you'll get life+9 instead of life+3 or something.
You can also see ones that are like "berserk soul/evil soul/soul filled with rage" or something to that effect giving you bonuses for sacrificing.

Lucent

Well, when you kill <enemy> and it reverts to it's original state so you can sacrifice or save, sometimes they have special text. I'm pretty sure it's random... but like you'll get something like: "Good soul sensed in rats" in a little blue box over them and saving them gives bonuses; so like you'll get life+9 instead of life+3 or something.
You can also see ones that are like "berserk soul/evil soul/soul filled with rage" or something to that effect giving you bonuses for sacrificing.

Ah. I guess I might've noticed that before but didn't leave enough time to read it. I was quick to just sacrifice. lol

Nirran

Posted before but never got added to the first post so here is my information again. Nirran - Nirran (US). Tuesday can't come fast enough! Still have to beat Cerberus and cap. Just a few more levels to go.

pahamrick

I'll be grabbing this at launch, or a day after. If anyone wants to add me for multiplayer invites my ID is The_Spectralist, NA PSN.

So getting the new coloured costume. Do you have to sacrifice/save 100 enemies in a specific costume? Thats incredibly tedious if so. I assumed it would just unlock the colour for all Raiments.

So getting the new coloured costume. Do you have to sacrifice/save 100 enemies in a specific costume? Thats incredibly tedious if so. I assumed it would just unlock the colour for all Raiments.

Yes.
100 save/100 sacrifice/500 total *bosses* for 3 different colors, each for each outfit.
So pick the outfit you like and stick with it. ;)

Lucky, I only switch between the female outfits with the scarf and the hood... I don't really use the one with the witch's hat.
By that record, I've played for 35 hours and not unlocked any -- I've not counted my boss souls lately either.

Yes.
100 save/100 sacrifice/500 total *bosses* for 3 different colors, each for each outfit.
So pick the outfit you like and stick with it. ;)

Lucky, I only switch between the female outfits with the scarf and the hood... I don't really use the one with the witch's hat.
By that record, I've played for 35 hours and not unlocked any -- I've not counted my boss souls lately either.

Ugh! Who thought that was a good idea? I'll probably never wear this Raiment again once the game releases!

Sera O

Banned
Sera O – volpanic (NA)

I preordered with my $10 glist code off Futureshop after trying the demo out yesterday. I haven't tried the online bit yet, still early on in the demo, but I like the grotesque art direction even though I initially wondered if it would be too much for me. We'll see how it goes I guess.

btkadams

what's this about new costumes? i'm confused. you unlock more colours by sticking with one costume? does that mean you stick with one colour and choice of hood on/off?

Number45

what's this about new costumes? i'm confused. you unlock more colours by sticking with one costume? does that mean you stick with one colour and choice of hood on/off?
You get new colours by performing a certain (huge) number of actions in one raiment. If you play it enough I guess it's feasible to get this just by playing the game normally. :/

SiDCrAzY

haha nice, I bet it was. I hope it wasn't my first round. The host of the room hadn't switched over to the Cerberus mission when I joined the room so I just readied up with whatever loadout I had. It was showing the really easy first Avalon mission.

As soon as I saw what mission we were doing I was like "oh crap, I'm just gonna have to be sacrificed" lol

haha, I don't remember how you played the round. We won though, so that's good.

Are the offerings new spell effects for items already available in the demo?

i was about to bring this up. the spirits flamepike has the icon of the imp pitchfork, spirits fulgurwood has the icon of sparktree root (tri), and spirits blightstone is a venom irondrake egg.

idk if they changed some names or what's going on at all.

DigitalOp

Banned
I get paid Friday....

And I'm preordering the shit out of this!!!!! Great OT Zero.

Guys, I'm so hype, ima be stuck in this thread for a while...

Let the games begin! Holla at me!!

PSN: DigitalOp

ZeroAKA

i was about to bring this up. the spirits flamepike has the icon of the imp pitchfork, spirits fulgurwood has the icon of sparktree root (tri), and spirits blightstone is a venom irondrake egg.

Good catch, I didn't even notice that. At least we won't have to worry about balance if they're just lazy repeats.

Number45

Ah, I didn't notice the icon - just looking at the animations from the video. The only one of those abilities I've used to any great extent at the moment is the pitchfork.

Number45

looking at it again and i believe they are fully leveled.
Makes sense, if they're exclusive to the pre-order how would you fuse them?

On that note, I've learned a sigil that I can't use because I don't have the essences for them. Lists them as the bosses+, so is that something that we can't get in the demo? Perhaps a harder version of the current boss, or is there a way of crafting new essences?

So many questions tonight!

ZeroAKA

On that note, I've learned a sigil that I can't use because I don't have the essences for them. Lists them as the bosses+, so is that something that we can't get in the demo? Perhaps a harder version of the current boss, or is there a way of crafting new essences?
+ and even ++ essences can be randomly dropped from enemies. I don't think you can get +/++ drops from the easier (Sortiara) missions though.

All the attacks looks like what you mentioned as well haha

Shoyz

Ugh! Who thought that was a good idea? I'll probably never wear this Raiment again once the game releases!

I thought it was a good idea..there's not /that/ many costumes in the game, so choose your favorite. You'll earn them eventually. And it's more fun that way because it makes those colors that much more special, compared to costume-hoppers!

I've taken a look at the costume list of the JP version and unless they add more DLC costumes, I'd say the one I have now is probably the one that I'll stick with all-game. All set!

Number45

+ and even ++ essences can be randomly dropped from enemies. I don't think you can get +/++ drops from the easier (Sortiara) missions though.
Cool, thanks. I've taken all of the bosses down online but no more than a few times for each so if they're a low drop rate that's fair enough.

i guess that's the bonus. they're saving us the time it would take to get these fully leveled because all of them are already in the game.
I thought they were exclusive to the pre-order, but I guess if they're just reskins of the current move that's good enough.

Happy with what I heard of the Japanese voice over from the video anyway.

Just played a bit of the demo, I hope thats not the beginning, I need a tutorial, had no idea what was going on, looks great though, like the art.

x3r0123

attention canadian players,

the preorder dlc appears to be only offered by ebgames. i expected the non-retailer-specified dlc to be offered through all the major chains with playstation all-stars, but was burned when i received my futureshop copy with no dlc.

i emailed futureshop this week and they have no dlc information in their system for soul sacrifice, so know that you most likely will not receive it from them. i know this sucks, since canadian gaffers would have preordered through futureshop with the $10 off tsilon preorder codes. ebgames has the dlc written on their website though. make your decision between preorder dlc and savings.

amazon.com lists the preorder dlc on their website but amazon.ca does not. i have not spoken with any retailers aside from futureshop, so if you have a preorder through them, i suggest contacting their customer support. if you find out another retailer is offering the dlc, please post it so others can find out.

seriously? god damn. i will have to change it now

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
One more link that can be added to the OP if Zero feels like it - 1 hour 20 minutes long video of SS full version multiplayer played by the RSG crew. We show different bosses/clothes and so on.

Venom Irondrake Egg? How the hell do I get that? Can I even make it in the demo?
there's probably an irondrake egg of all the elements in the full game, but in the demo it's just the regular irondrake egg. the materials to make the spirits flamepike and the spirits fulgurwood are already in the demo though: imp pitchfork and sparktree root (tri). i don't think we'll be able to collect/bring over enough of the materials into the full game to create them though.

One more link that can be added to the OP if Zero feels like it - 1 hour 20 minutes long video of SS full version multiplayer played by the RSG crew. We show different bosses/clothes and so on.
i watched this around the time it was put up, but might give it another look now that i actually understand whats going on.

Oh snap! My target has copies of the game. Let's do this!

74CE570C-671A-4F27-A03C-2E4B28F4DA3C-5097-000007D95B266FDE.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Random tip: inly 2 golems can be active for the party and they can punch each other out.

As for the starting tactics, I've started go plant them before triggering the boss, so I could dash out a few elemental cloths under it while it's transforming.

I'll need to chuck some games over to my PS3 to clear space for this. We need bigger cards Sony.

Anyways PSN ID:

Die Squirrel Die - DieSquirrelDie (EU)

Top Bottom