• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Good luck getting it past the register.

Why do they center the Memory Required box in the middle now? :(

LOL, welp... the cashier didn't want to sacrifice her job to sell me the game. Oh well, I didn't mind since I don't want to get anyone in trouble. They took the other copies back as well.

Good luck getting it past the register.

Why do they center the Memory Required box in the middle now? :(

Yeah, pretty much. I tried once to get VF5:Evo like... 24 hours before it released. Nope. Target register shut me down and they wouldn't sell me it.

--

Whoa -- I just figured out if you put down a powerup tree, it attracts the small enemies (Orcs, etc.) just like a soul waiting to be judged.
Divine whatever sigil I was missing unlocked info at 14:4. Now to figure out what I want my build to be for going into the full game...

SharkJAW

Whoa -- I just figured out if you put down a powerup tree, it attracts the small enemies (Orcs, etc.) just like a soul waiting to be judged.
Divine whatever sigil I was missing unlocked info at 14:4. Now to figure out what I want my build to be for going into the full game...
1/99 Devil Arm all the way!

1/99 Devil Arm all the way!

I'm sure this is where I will end up.
But I know I need to get to 50 with Life side to unlock one of the black rites... so I might as well build toward even first.

Zero, you should put those preorder costume pictures I posted a couple pages back in the OP too.

ZeroAKA

Zero, you should put those preorder costume pictures I posted a couple pages back in the OP too.
I actually did have a DLC image that I prepared for the OT, but I left it out because it seemed incomplete (not all of the DLC bosses have been revealed).
ibbWoku4t4EaJi.jpg

Edit: Added the Japanese costume images link that I posted a page or two back to the Extra Information section in the OP.

Okay I need some people on my friends list that are on usually at 10 pm EDT and like to talk :p.

PSN same as here. Be sure to mark your GAF profile.

Not to fond of randoms dying left and right, which is ok, and then running straight back into the fight after I revive them and try to heal them, not cool. Like buddy I just revived you, you have little health, let me help you......dead......cerebus is still in the green. Ugh!

I love this game

Shoyz

I'm sure you did, but did you guys notice that the Prologue Boss can actually take damage? I didn't think so in the JPN demo since nothing seemed to land, but you can actually hit him when he comes in for a melee attack just before he hits you.

There are two kinds of scripted losses: Ones where you have to lose, and ones where you're meant to lose but it's 'technically' possible to win. The latter are my favorite. Not that I'm complaining. But I do wonder if you could GameShark your damage to infinite if you could kill it.

Started the demo last night, will try to play some more during the weekend. So far, I'm liking it, but I'll need some more practice. Don't know if I'll try out multiplayer in the demo

I definitely need the sacrifice 100 bosses for the Black Sand Dweller (female) and save 100 bosses for the White Royal Road (female) colors.

Some of those other costumes are ridiculous. Love the one with Madonna breasts. Absolutely freaky.

Shoyz

I really hope in the full game you can search for rooms based on specific missions. Frustrating having to keep entering and exiting rooms until you find Cerberus in the demo.

I really hope in the full game you can search for rooms based on specific missions. Frustrating having to keep entering and exiting rooms until you find Cerberus in the demo.

I think you can -- it's just greyed out now because of the demo or whatever, just like "whispers".

wilflare

the chat functions are... terrible
was in a room
fought a harpy, we were going for Cerberus next
guy had 3 out of 6 spells lost... kept asking him to renew/repair, he "refused"
thankfully the host booted him

ZeroAKA

the chat functions are... terrible
was in a room
fought a harpy, we were going for Cerberus next
guy had 3 out of 6 spells lost... kept asking him to renew/repair, he "refused"
thankfully the host booted him
The character limit is way too low, but that probably wasn't as much of a problem in the Japanese version due to the nature of Japanese characters. I usually just stick to the presets.

Really starting to like the demo, do the weapons and magic break, how can I tell and Im not exactly sure what the info on the top left indicates, I think magic but Im not sure.

ZeroAKA

Really starting to like the demo, do the weapons and magic break, how can I tell and Im not exactly sure what the info on the top left indicates, I think magic but Im not sure.
There is no way to know the exact number of uses your offering has left, but when the offering is close to being depleted, the icon starts flashing red. It is recommended at that point that you stop using the offering and look for enemies/areas to restore it or risk breaking it. If the offering breaks, you can use Lacrima to restore it after battle. Select the offering and press triangle.

The circle on the top left just shows the balance of Life and Magic levels/EXP you have.

There is no way to know the exact number of uses your offering has left, but when the offering is close to being depleted, the icon starts flashing red. It is recommended at that point that you stop using the offering and look for enemies/areas to restore it or risk breaking it. If the offering breaks, you can use Lacrima to restore it after battle. Select the offering and press triangle.

The circle on the top left just shows the balance of Life and Magic levels/EXP you have.

Ah thanks, game doesn't exactly explain everything or I missed it, loving it though.

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
is there a way to refill an offering besides sacrificing enemies or those things on every level that are one use only?

expel

For those guys who already did the demo...the full game will load your demo save and continue the story from that..so if u have finished the prologue, u can continue to the 1st chapter. Oh and you will find another option at the start
challenge merlin/magusar
:)
Proceed with caution haha

Shoyz

For those guys who already did the demo...the full game will load your demo save and continue the story from that..so if u have finished the prologue, u can continue to the 1st chapter. Oh and you will find another option at the start
challenge merlin/magusar
:)
Proceed with caution haha

Challenge him in the real world like the last book owner did? :O Unless I've got my characters confused.

Shoyz

yes, you can challenge him right at the start of the game, just talk to Librom...i wouldnt recommend it tho lol

Neat! Is it a one-time deal or retryable until you can win? You know, so I don't try it and get my save deleted when I lose.

wilflare

It wasn't already clear Sony was mishandling the game when they released the demo months late?

For a company that pushes reserves and it was advertised on the in-store tv, yes.

maybe Sony keeps wanting to push those... memory card sales.
(bleh.. if they want to... they should really sell memory cards preloaded with the game or something -or comes with the download code or something-)

I thought the demo timing was good.. two weeks is enough for people to fully play/exploit the game and build their expectations just in time for the actual release

Top Bottom