• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

Allforce

Is it feasible they have a big Modern Warfare 4 game release for 360/PS3/WiiU and then we get this new franchise "Ghosts" for the next-gen released at the same time?

Like, working on two simultaneous games for release? I could see a company as big as Activision pulling that off.

Is it feasible they have a big Modern Warfare 4 game release for 360/PS3/WiiU and then we get this new franchise "Ghosts" for the next-gen released at the same time?

Like, working on two simultaneous games for release? I could see a company as big as Activision pulling that off.
I could too.

And I'd imagine third parties would want to do what they can to move people to next gen.

Why would they not want to milk the 360/PS3/WiiU audience for Ghosts as well?

Respawn

Banned
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision toyed with Call of Duty: Phantoms, but settled on Ghosts.
  • Steering away from "Modern Warfare" to start its own thing, though is still kinda Modern Warfare 4.
  • Set in the future, kind of like Black Ops, but with current generation weaponry. Some plot event forces people of that time period to use our generation weapons.
  • Dynamic loading screens, as in the traditional loading countdown is replaced with some kind of animated sequence (rappel in from chopper, sneak in, etc).
  • Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.
  • Spec Ops gone, replaced with new mode.
  • Team aiming for more destructive environments. Working in single player, but team is having some issues with implementing it in multiplayer.
  • Launching only on next generation consoles: NextBox, PlayStation 4, and PC.
  • Reveal sometime around the start of May.

Every f'ing time I say "that's it, I'm leaving" they pull me back in. *sigh*

I want to hear the words "Let's Do This." every time a MP match starts again. So awesome.

'Rangers Lead The Way' was one of my favorites.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ghosts7gkmb.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Presumably that part of the rumor was wrong.

I believe that was a rumour from a different source in the OP. The main bulk of info came from one guy, and the next-gen only thing came from another.

KyleN

Banned
That box art doesent look legit to me.
Edit; After looking at the high-res version.. Maybe its legit...Maybe.

I wonder if they will finally update the engine, because there is some serious bullshit going on in the current one! (i'm speaking about the MP)

Hell it even got me stopping playing Cod, and believe me, i played a lot of cod.

x-Lundz-x

But the rumour says it's next-gen only?

Probably means the only Next Gen systems it's available on is PS4 / Durango, (poor Wii U....). There is no way in hell there is going to be a new Call of Duty game that is next gen only (right now). Maybe in two years when they have a really solid install base but not this year or next.

I believe that was a rumour from a different source in the OP. The main bulk of info came from one guy, and the next-gen only thing came from another.

Yeah, all the actual game info came from someone that he said that he'd trust his life with. The comment about the platforms came from someone else, and i'm guessing someone that he wasn't nearly as confident in.

lol what that boxart looks like something Activision Value label would put out for something shoestring budget shooter. haha it's hard to believe this is real with that level of terrible cover.

Pooya

orbits are missing on infinityward's logo, could be a new logo though.

that probably makes it more likely legit.

EatChildren

Yeah, all the actual game info came from someone that he said that he'd trust his life with. The comment about the platforms came from someone else, and i'm guessing someone that he wasn't nearly as confident in.

Yeah, I just listened to it again. He says the platform rumour did "not come from this source, but someone else", so it should be considered separate.

gaming_noob

"Back to basics" is what this series needs. I rather have a well designed COD with fewer but more robust weapons (ones that require more skill to use) than 50+ weapons/flying mini helicoptors/remote control toy cars...

Takao

Banned
Someone dun goofed with the magic tool on the Infinity Ward and Activision logos on the 360 box art. You can see the outlines.

sunnz

Reduce the ridiculous number of perks and kill-streaks, add a little more recoil and have all guns actually feel different and I will be interested.

All these cross platform titles are going to hurt PS4 and Durango IMO, why buy the systems when you can play these games on PS360? I hope MS and Sony can deliver some killer launch titles

Top Bottom