• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Call of Duty: Ghosts 360/PS3/WiiU/PC box art appears, 11/5/2013, rumored details

Goomba64

Banned
Jan 21, 2012
Next CoD info leaked?
http://youtu.be/hQBprYUW3gk

• Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision toyed with Call of Duty: Phantoms, but settled on Ghosts.
  • Steering away from "Modern Warfare" to start its own thing, though is still kinda Modern Warfare 4.
  • Set in the future, kind of like Black Ops, but with current generation weaponry. Some plot event forces people of that time period to use our generation weapons.
  • Dynamic loading screens, as in the traditional loading countdown is replaced with some kind of animated sequence (rappel in from chopper, sneak in, etc).
  • Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.
  • Spec Ops gone, replaced with new mode.
  • Team aiming for more destructive environments. Working in single player, but team is having some issues with implementing it in multiplayer.
  • Launching only on next generation consoles: NextBox, PlayStation 4, and PC. [Note: See next two quotes, this was from a different source as the rest of the information.]
  • Reveal sometime around the start of May.
I believe that was a rumour from a different source in the OP. The main bulk of info came from one guy, and the next-gen only thing came from another.
Yeah, I just listened to it again. He says the platform rumour did "not come from this source, but someone else", so it should be considered separate.
Update:

Boxart from TESCO:

Goldrusher said:
Update 2:

For whatever it's worth (sorry if this was already covered), the Target ad for May 5th-May 11th leaked over at the Blu-Ray forums, and it includes info on a Ghosts pre-order.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
Currently watching it, this guy seems like he thinks this info is pretty real but who knows

~May 1st reveal date
Future game with current gen weaponry
"Dynamic" loading for MP (repel into the map instead of a boring load screen)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jun 7, 2009
Is this the same random CoD guy that gave all those ludicrous details about Durango?

Guevara

Jul 27, 2009
Ugh this guy is so annoying to listen to. 1:30 in and no details really.

----------

Was called COD: Phantoms, now Ghost. Big reveal May 1,

Set in the future, current gen weapons (this is a plot point)

New game, not MW4, just: CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS

Gorillaz

Jun 13, 2012
Said it before and I'll say it again, usually CoD commentators aren't that in the know, sometimes Woodysgamertag gets things but not anything too surprising. The only way they would go "next gen only" is if they still have a current gen cod for PS360. No way Activision would just abandon current gen

That said, usually fake (and even some real) cod leaks usually happen around the time a new one is announced. So most likely the next cod will be announced very soon

pieatorium

Mar 22, 2009
Possibly a next gen spinoff? There is 0% chance they piss 15+ million current gen sales up the wall.

GenericBadGuy

Aug 13, 2012
United States
Said it before and I'll say it again, usually CoD commentators aren't that in the know, sometimes Woodysgamertag gets things but not anything too surprising.

That said, usually fake (and even some real) cod leaks usually happen around the time a new one is announced. So most likely the next cod will be announced very soon
Deducting information about future games from alleged leaks from future games. I like it. What about the Xbox event coming up?

Alucrid

Banned
May 30, 2009
set in future? current weapons? why even go to the future if you aren't using that to make up bat shit insane weapons

SolidSnakex

Jun 7, 2004
The fact that the next-gen only part didn't come from his main trusted source makes me think that it's inaccurate. There's simply no way I can see Activision dropping the PS3 and 360. Even in a best case scenario they wouldn't get Ghosts sales up to half of what they'd pull in on those platforms. And Activision isn't in this business to help Sony and MS grow their userbases. Which is all going exclusive to next-gen consoles would accomplish.

SlipperyMoose

Dec 23, 2012
Yeah there is no way that they are only going to put the next Call of Duty game only on the next-gen consoles like he said.

pieatorium

Mar 22, 2009
Unless there's a counterpart current gen game in the works that is slightly less enticing.
Thats what i mean MW4 would be the current gen targeting the 20mill that buy COD every year while whatever this ghosts is would be a spinnoff. If there is only one COD this year it wil 100% be on 360 and PS3.

mr stroke

Oct 11, 2006
If this is true, then the only way it happens is-

COD Ghosts-Xbox 720/PC/PS4 (all new engine)

COD MW4-360/PS3/Wii U (old quake engine)

no way Activision abandons the massive 360/PS3 user base

Unless there's a counterpart current gen game in the works that is slightly less enticing.
Thats what i mean MW4 would be the current gen targeting the 20mill that buy COD every year while whatever this ghosts is would be a spinnoff. If there is only one COD this year it wil 100% be on 360 and PS3.
Is this supposed to be Neversoft's game?

If they're not assisting with a main game, then I could see a spin-off on next-gen only.

Like Sledgehammer was making Call of Duty: Fog of War at one point which would have been in addition to the yearly games.

I don't think it would release at the same time though.

BLAZER

Apr 11, 2012
This has to be real. Just because there's no mention of the title MW4 in that leaked poster. Plus the information really does sound legit and a step in a different direction for the franchise.

All my money is on this leak being real.

pieatorium

Mar 22, 2009
Can't see a CoD being announced/tied with a next gen console. Same with EA and Battlefield. Activision would probably want it's own thing. IMO
yep, same happened with Assassins Creed. The mega franchises get their own events so they can have all the media attention for that whole week+.

El_Chino

Jan 22, 2012
This has to be real. Just because there's no mention of the title MW4 in that leaked poster. Plus the information really does sound legit and a step in a different direction for the franchise.

All my money is on this leak being real.
I believe that was confirmed fake a while back.