• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZiXNSF3.png
Is that a new tom?

so.....i'm in Whiskey Peak. with that one episode where he
took on like a hundred bounty hunters
, Zoro is now the reigning God Troll of Forever.

is it just me or did Luffy's IQ drop 30 points?

MikeMyers

meh. i think the Kikyo stuff has been the strongest aspect of the show so far :(
?

Yeah, early on shes a jerk but she grew to become one of my favourite characters.

I heard the jerk stuff is only in the anime though, has anyone read the InuYasha manga?

so.....i'm in Whiskey Peak. with that one episode where he took on like a hundred bounty hunters, Zoro is now the reigning God Troll of Forever.

is it just me or did Luffy's IQ drop 30 points?

Ha. I also reached those episodes today. One Piece buddies. Anywho, Luffy was always a moron, but you're right. He sunk to an extra level of stupid that day.

how did Apis not destroy your momentum O.O
My dream is to watch 206 episodes of One Piece before May 18th. I'm not gonna let anyone stop me. Not some annoying little brat or even some stupid millenial dragon. I will become king of the pirates watch all those episodes.

destiny. fate. dreams. these unstoppable ideals are held deep in the heart of man. as long as there are people who seek to watch 206 episodes of One Piece in this life, these things shall not vanish from the Earth.

Seda

We could have lasted one more week in the last thread (definitely not two) but figured might as well get a new thread for T.O.M. 5.0, new packaging for everything, and IGPX.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Apis really isn't that bad for anime filler and isn't even the worst OP filler.

For one thing, it's really short.

For another, it starts with one of the funniest scenes in One Piece.

Seda

Why does it always seem like there's some new development just before we actually finish a thread?

Yeah OT3 started a week earlier than it would have needed to because of Soul Eater.

I'm up to 106.
Ace is pretty awesome. And of course he's voiced by Willingham. The trekking through the desert episodes kind of dragged a bit (I'm aware some of it was filler) but now in Rainbase things will probably become a rollercoaster I imagine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah OT3 started a week earlier than it would have needed to because of Soul Eater.

I'm up to 106.
Ace is pretty awesome. And of course he's voiced by Willingham. The trekking through the desert episodes kind of dragged a bit (I'm aware some of it was filler) but now in Rainbase things will probably become a rollercoaster I imagine.

Business will indeed pick up.

Seda

And man this is only barely past halfway of where we need to be to catch up.

I'm probably going to have One Piece dreams tonight

Wasn't around Saturday night, so I'll just post my thoughts on the episodes

Bleach: *rolls eyes*

Naruto: And now I've been introduced to Rock Lee. Wonder who I'll like more: Gaara or Rock Lee. And don't waste your time on Sakura, Rock. She's a fucking lamer

Soul Eater: Excalibur is the shit. #FOOLDealWithIt

Thundercats: Don't care, didn't watch

Symbionic Titan: Didn't watch

Eureka 7: Eureka should have killed the children :p

GXP: 1st Half-- Holy shit, an actual plot! 2nd Half-- Great, big dog tits -__________-

FMA:B: Yep, Gluttony had a big ol' vagina with teeth form on his fat gut

Bebop: ;_____________;

Inuyasha: Don't care, didn't watch

Bring on this Saturday night with TOM 5, new Absolution and IGPX. Hope I like it

As for One Piece, got the collection DVDs featuring episodes 1-205 (I'll just watch 206 subbed). I'll get started with the long journey to 207 on Friday

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Coby-Helmeppo stuff is 1) really important and 2) only 2 episodes.

I really wish they animated the other cover stories.
But yes, the Coby-Helmeppo 2-parter is important. Especially their new instructor, Vice Admiral Garp.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Momo?

Aeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

aaaaah

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaahuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhHHH!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
WHEN!? WHEN DID YOU USE IT!?

When were you under the impression he wasn't using it? *smirk*

I so look forward to Aizen returning in the manga, and I don't mean the flashback going on now. Hell, he's powered down and in prison and he STILL manages to troll.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The way Viz swapped character names around in the Bleach dub still amuses me to no end.

I didn't even know Hinamori's given name was Momo until the dub.

By the way, naming someone "Momo" in Japan is kind of like naming someone "Fido" or "Lucky" here. It's a name commonly given to pets.

#TheMoreYouKnow

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
jd9q2qz92emh_happy_face.png
Since Miiverse is online through PC now, I figured I'd share my latest Toonami weekly sketch dump!

The goal is to draw an image that goes with each episode of the night! Sometimes this rule breaks, due to the tight time frame!

jd9q2qz92emh_frustrated_face.png
If anyone has a problem with me posting these images like this, just let me know! But I figured I'd give it a shot...

zlCfzQ9k-ckVrSQuIh
zlCfzQ9lKigvUMKDnN

zlCfzQ9lLzMh15DPrP
zlCfzQ9lM44PljWZTS

zlCfzQ9lR2M-HOE69o
zlCfzQ9lWlEvdVeJjS

zlCfzQ9ldYcAuqRSYQ
zlCfzQ9ltRwEcpYaMA

zlCfzQ9lzNgEFQMS0H
zlCfzQ9lz483SiURi-

zlCfzQ9mAvUZkv1SnJ
zlCfzQ9mK2YC0kxXV-

zlCfzQ9mMgwVDgOP7O
zlCfzQ9mUJM_uypXCH

I'm all for SAB CA doing the official show images in the OP MiiVerse style.

If not, please feel free to share every week, great addition to the thread.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ha, Lion-O and the T-cats deserve Excalibur. FOOLS!

Even better, Miiverse glitched when I posted it, and it cloned the pic? Couldn't have happened to a better pair of FOOLS!

SAB CA,

Those sketches are amazing. I wouldn't mind if you posted some every week.

zlCfzQ9lzNgEFQMS0H

hah

Definitely will then! :) Been doing this weekly since 1/27, so might go back and pick through some of the best from the past ones as well.

Nice sketches SAB CA! The Bleach and Inyuasha ones are my favorite.

Glad you liked them! Since Ranma 1/2 was probably my first big anime style inspiration, I really like drawing Inuyasha stuff...

I'm all for SAB CA doing the official show images in the OP MiiVerse style.

If not, please feel free to share every week, great addition to the thread.

Haha, that'd be awesome! I'd freak out trying to get the kinda tone value structure those image have into Miiverse. I'll keep that idea in mind this Saturday though, see if I can make images that have that "encompases the entire show!" feel.

I've got to draw a lot of things I wouldn't sit down and set out to do normally through this, trying to draw per-episode and with what's happening overall.

Now that Nintendo made this so much easier to do, I'll post the pics Sunday from now on. While the shows are still fresh in mind.

Wasn't around Saturday night, so I'll just post my thoughts on the episodes

Bleach: *rolls eyes*

Naruto: And now I've been introduced to Rock Lee. Wonder who I'll like more: Gaara or Rock Lee. And don't waste your time on Sakura, Rock. She's a fucking lamer

Soul Eater: Excalibur is the shit. #FOOLDealWithIt

Thundercats: Don't care, didn't watch

Symbionic Titan: Didn't watch

Eureka 7: Eureka should have killed the children :p

GXP: 1st Half-- Holy shit, an actual plot! 2nd Half-- Great, big dog tits -__________-

FMA:B: Yep, Gluttony had a big ol' vagina with teeth form on his fat gut

Bebop: ;_____________;

Inuyasha: Don't care, didn't watch

These are all the series still airing? For some reason I thought by the time a new OT popped up, there would be a new series in the lineup :|

Meh. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for, really. I was really getting into Deadman Wonderland and nothing has interested me since. I've already seen all of Naruto, FMA is great but have seen it and Bebop is always amazing but who hasn't seen it? If it would prompt Funimation to dub more episodes then One Piece would be cool and I wouldn't mind Case Closed coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom