• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

4c5ba1f07557efc831ff417c895628f3.png

So, we get a review and two other pieces it seems.

Seda

On phone so I cant screenshot, but Toonami tumblr says a game review, goodie, and surprise tomorrow.

Sara?

Edit: beat. I am excite.

I don't actually expect Sara btw

Raxus

Special surprise is the whole night is GXP reruns.

Plot as far as the eye can see.

After the block has finished airing the new Absolution explodes from all the plot.

and you would not have watched Deadman Wonderland had you read it before. you would not have experienced a show that you (I assume) liked just because you want to stick your fingers in your ears and make loud noises whenever a show that makes changes to the manga you've read comes around.

there's a difference between having a preference and refusing to watch anything outside of that preference. a big one, actually.

no, i understand your view and i think it's ridiculous. why would watching an extremely faithful adaptation be the ONLY REASON you would EVER watch an adaptation? if having read something absolutely ruins your ability to enjoy something on its own merits, you've got some problems that need sorted out.

i like how you make me trying to get people to give anything a chance sound like a bad thing, though. last i checked, being open to watching things that are different is not a bad thing.
As I understand it, Deadman had those tweaks because it didn't go beyond one season. It's a unique example and doesn't work for your argument. With it only going 12 episodes without any form of conclusion I'd rather not have seen it at all to be honest. All it did was give me blue balls. At least I can read the manga if I want to see what happens, that's the one saving grace. Also, I didn't say I flip out about any little change, it's when a series veers away from the main plot that I take issue. When entire arcs are lost and everything the anime does from that point forward is not in the manga.

Ho ho my friend, it is you that has problems that need sorting out as you are so worked up about a stranger on the internet's preference in anime. I don't only watch that form of anime btw, most series I've watched I have not read the manga for it. This is specific to series I have read. Yes, the ONLY reason I watch a series I've already read is to see specific scenes and fights I really enjoy. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand. It's incredibly silly that you state my preference is stupid. Everyone has different preferences for their entertainment and no one preference is better than another. To attack mine makes you look 15, someone that has to be right and refuses any other point of views, writing them off as stupid. I think we've went round and round enough at this point, you seem to be getting quite flustered anyway.

Lol, all of these GXP jokes will give you guys bad karma. GXP marathons.

Guess I gotta be ready for tomorrow night, Seda you might have to wait a couple of days for new GFX.

Seda

Lol, all of these GXP jokes will give you guys bad karma. GXP marathons.

Guess I gotta be ready for tomorrow night, Seda you might have to wait a couple of days for new GFX.

That's okay! If possible, can you make it 1200px wide? Just so it matches everything else in width.

I have come to the conclusion that Eiichiro Oda was put on this Earth to make people cry. Episode 86 of One Piece is proof of that. ;________;

Ho ho my friend, it is you that has problems that need sorting out as you are so worked up about a stranger on the internet's preference in anime. I don't only watch that form of anime btw, most series I've watched I have not read the manga for it. This is specific to series I have read. Yes, the ONLY reason I watch a series I've already read is to see specific scenes and fights I really enjoy. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand. It's incredibly silly that you state my preference is stupid. Everyone has different preferences for their entertainment and no one preference is better than another. To attack mine makes you look 15, someone that has to be right and refuses any other point of views, writing them off as stupid. I think we've went round and round enough at this point, you seem to be getting quite flustered anyway.

the problem i have is that there is absolutely no good, logical reason to have this particular "preference. you don't HAVE to watch an adaptation for the sole purpose of seeing what you've read be animated, and yet you choose to intentionally limit yourself to this narrow mindset. no, i do not understand why that's the case, because your answers up to this point have basically boiled down to "because i do." if you openly admit an adaptation that deviates from its source can be good, why does that limitation exist? it's nonsensical. i don't refuse other points of view, just this one, the one that judges the worth of something based solely on its faithfulness to the source material.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Caught up with the Soul Eater manga.
Fun Shonen series with a lot of action and even some good character moments. Even though the art is highly inconsistent. It will be interesting to see what the deviation does.

I do look forward to the eventual "Soul Eater Brotherhood" anime. I'd mention what scenes I'd like to see, but I'm not going to spoil.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Friday night is a dead zone and a possible place for a Toonami expansion though, especially considering how few of its viewers seem to be busy on Saturday night...

The main reason I don't usually watch Toonami is that right around the time this was revived my buddies all ended up getting Saturday night off! The hangout night moved from Friday to Saturday the week they started up again! Sure who doesn't like being social but I do actually miss coming here and watching the shows! DVR just isn't the same!

ezekial45

Banned
That was interesting...

speaking of videos, is there a video of the last Tom 3.5 opening from last week? I missed the beginning of last week.

What in the name of...

the only real mind fuck of that video as that the Toonami Digital Arsenal is still up and running! Crazy!

I tried to make at least one speech out of all of those, didn't go so well.

That was interesting...

speaking of videos, is there a video of the last Tom 3.5 opening from last week? I missed the beginning of last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7CoZSYhTcc ( lazybones beat me to it )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had plans tonight to catch up on my gaming. Ruined. Gonna be sitting here downloading and watching promos from the arsenal all night.

The fake ones are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom