• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lnvvttAUbb1qzc8l4o1_250.gif

Seda

Up through 119.

Sanji respect ++ after he manipulated and tricked Crocodile in Rainbase. Also "COME AND GET ME YOU STUPID BANANA" legitimately made me
KuGsj.gif

Another great angry Luffy-face

Then there was a series of fights:

Usopp/Chopper vs. #4 and Christmas - I really didn't care for this one. Usopp sure can take a beating I guess. He took the exact same hit that eventually took out Christmas but he's ultimately fine. Really I didn't like much about this fight at all. At least Christmas is hopefully shut up for good now, what an annoying character.

Sanji vs #2 was solid. It had some great (albeit repeated) animations, and while Sanji being easily lovestruck is kind of an obvious weakness and an obvious direction for the battle to go in (#2 taking Nami's face) at least he eventually surpassed it.

Nami vs Double Finger was odd. The whole elements business of her new weapon I don't really care for either. However, I did like the part where she used her foot to block the spiky hair.

Zoro vs #1 was great overall. Not a ton of talking, several varying animations to the fight. The flashback to his sensei speaking some nonsense about cutting nothing and cutting steel was kind of obtuse but overall an enjoyable bout.

Also the 3rd opening starting at 116 has a spoiler :/ I mean it was obvious that Miss whatever Sunday had some motives different than Crocodile but...

Just got done watching the first 13 episodes of One Piece and I must say that it didn't take very long for me to like the show and love the characters. There's always something different about them that I like so far.

I will say though that
not being able to swim after eating a Devil's Fruit is one fucked up drawback. But I still can't wait to see what other special abilities exist

Now to see if my fondness of the show will last another 193 episodes leading up to the Toonami premiere

Raxus

Morning ToonamiGAF.

In a world with no apparent concept of wind shear there is RACING WITH GIANT ROBOTS!

FOOLS!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Up through 119.

Also the 3rd opening starting at 116 has a spoiler :/ I mean it was obvious that Miss whatever Sunday had some motives different than Crocodile but...

Toei is under the impression that if you're watching the anime, you're reading the manga. At least that's how it works in Japan considering the manga's popularity (it's fucking massive).

But yeah, it was a dumb move to include that spoiler before it actually happens.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
FOOLS!

My schedule posting dates back to the twelfth century, thank you very much.

Tonight on Toonami, Ichigo tries to injure the Troll Master, Rock Lee tries to save the show by pounding in Sasuke's face, Black☆Star and Tsubaki go after Masamune, an extra gets crushed in some rubble to set up the big season finale swerve in the second half of the Thundercats' opener, Gekkostate goes balls to the wall and launches a full scale invasion of Capital Hill to rescue Norbu, Seina has...a mech now? I don't even know..., Titan brings Lance's back story, the Fullmetal Alchemist finds himself in an unfortunate position, Bebop goes back to the beginning, and finally Kohaku is back to bring some angst to Sango's life.

The big news this week is twofold, though. First, tonight marks the advent of the All New, All Different Toonami! It's a new Absolution and new packaging, all brough to you by the new TOM 5.0! Secondly, Toonami's only original anime series makes its highly anticipated debut on Adult Swim. Team Satomi is back on the track tonight, only on Toonami.

12:00 - Bleach - 295 - It's All a Trap... Engineered Bonds!
12:30 - Naruto - 22 - Chunin Challenge: Rock Lee vs. Sasuke!
1:00 - Soul Eater - 10 - The Enchanted Sword Masamune – Break the Soul Possession: A Heart Sings in the Rain?
1:30 - Thundercats - 2 - Omens, Part Two
2:00 - IGPX - 1 - Time to Shine
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 35 - Astral Apache
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 24 - Parallel
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 8 - Shadows of Youth
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 24 - Inside the Belly
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 1 - Asteroid Blues
5:00 - Inuyasha - 49 - Kohaku's Lost Memories
5:30 - Inuyasha - 50 - That Unforgettable Face!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
uh, why not? Thundercats gets good ratings. they're moving the schedule little by little so they won't alienate viewers.

Dunno about that, TCats is sort of a ratings cliff at the moment. It's not steep, but 200k people just stopped watching when it came on.

Raxus

Man, never even thought of this until now, but I guess someone has to be the Worf

You have to be in the series to be a Worf :(

He doesn't get jobbed in the series like Vegeta as much as he just stops appearing altogether. Because interesting characters can't be on Sasuke's crying hour!...I mean Naruto...

MikeMyers

You have to be in the series to be a Worf :(

He doesn't get jobbed in the series like Vegeta as much as he just stops appearing altogether. Because interesting characters can't be on Sasuke's crying hour!...I mean Naruto...

Yeah the side characters are way better than Naruto/Sasuke.

In regards to convo with Mike and Raxus:
Everyone becoming extra useless is probably the worst thing that happened to Naruto, even in wake all the other bullshit, like throwing out most of its core themes "The new generation is better than the old? " HA , "Hard work pays off versus being born with talent and advantages?" HA

Moaradin

naruto stuff:
I liked Naruto as a character, especially when he's with the frog hermit guy. He should have just ditched Sakura/Sasuke and formed a team with Rock Lee/Lazy shadow guy.

Seda

(Naruto spoilers)
I may be misremembering (it's been a while) but doesnt Rock Lee team up with Gaara to essentially beat Kimimaro?

MikeMyers

naruto stuff:
I for one always hoped Kiba would go on to do something

Also, I don't even remember Sakura doing anything in OG series. She had that draw with Ino, and that is all I can remember

Raxus

Enough black bars. We have RACING WITH GIANT ROBOTS to get to. I never saw the OG series outside the first couple episodes so don't spoil anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom