• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

My wife might be coming with me to the real meetup... not the fake monster hunter one.. they are gonna be seperate right? I could see the MonHun one being pretty boring for people that don't have the game!

Yeah, this is separate from what Kraftwerk is organizing.

I'm going to cross post this in the Monster Hunter community thread and see if anyone there would be interested. This is not exactly high level G Rank farming. However, if there was enough G rankers to make their own 4 person groups that would be welcome too.

So far is May10th @ 6pm good for everyone interested?

Boogie

Beyond that, at this point I think I would oppose almost anything that comes out of Hudak's mouth. That guy is poison.

there is no sarcasm in my voice when I say that it is heartening that, in spite of most of our differences, all of Toronto-GAF can come together and declare with one voice that Tim Hudak is a complete douchnozzle when it comes to public policy and Lord help us if he ever comes into any position of any actual power in this province.

krae_man

Wait Teksavvy has up to 150mbps speeds now? When did that happen?

Edit: Not in KW, at least not yet. Also LOL at 60mbps being more expensive then 150mbps.

Edit 2: Oh god, I can't stop laughing
hTHmiN4.jpg

Stet

Banned
Where would the average grocery store/convenience store fit the current selection at the LCBO, or an even better/bigger selection? I'm not sure how that is physically possible. And they are of course only going to stock popular options which I'm sure will be deemed poor.

And the whole 'US is doing it' argument is terrible. I can't believe that was even brought up. The US is beyond fucked up, and on top of that they know nothing about beer. What are so "puritanical" about our laws? They are created with public safety and revenue generation in mind. You claim you want a US system, but they just allow corporations to call the shots and collect the revenue. Molson and Anheuser-Busch are as capitalist as it gets.

Which Quebec convenience stores have a better selection than LCBO/Beer Store? Because if they do, at that point they are a glorified liquor store.

I don't think the LCBO is keeping the prices down, its a well known fact. The prices increasing in Alberta was brought up earlier and is amazingly ironic. Pretty hard to argue with that. And yea, the booze is cheaper in the US because they barely pay tax, and because of that they get fuck all in terms of social services. If I have to decide between saving $30 on whiskey or LCBO employees getting good wages and not having to pay for health care, I guess whiskey is going to be more expensive. You also realize if you pay employees good wages and not minimum wage it betters the entire community, right? How much do you think an LCBO employee makes realistically? It's good, but it isn't amazing.

Here's the thing: the laws that were created with "public safety and revenue generation in mind" date back to 1930 and have been systematically and quietly repealed over the last 80 years because they were wacky and overbearing. Want to get alcohol? Hope you have your alcohol license. Bought too much this month? You're cut off by the province. It's taken this long to get to a system that's still inherently broken.

You also still harp on selection like you haven't experienced anything else. You do know that retailers will fill the gap when others won't, right? If the majority of convenience stores stock only the most popular beers, there will also be the stores that strive to be the haven for selection and will make bank based on that. The difference is that the choice is open to literally anyone, not just the government.

whitehawk

Banned
I was actually about to make a thread. I'm thinking the 17th of May.
Some input: Let's just stay at one place. Moving around complicates things and it's hard to find a place to accommodate such a large group. The last place we were at was pretty good, should have stayed there the whole night.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ugh this monster hunter game can be so frustrating. Spent 5 minutes trying to find the "report kills" and turns out it was the hunt report. :T

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Boston should win. Like us little brother Ottawa gets dominated by them as well.

Bring on whoever though.

I do love how suddenly the last game of the season equals how we'll play going forward though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Boston should win. Like us little brother Ottawa gets dominated by them as well.

Bring on whoever though.

I do love how suddenly the last game of the season equals how we'll play going forward though.
Would we even win one game against Bos?

Only reason I believe we may have a chance against them is if they're too fatigued from that insane schedule. The Sens injure one of their players. Lucic stays asleep. Bergeron either stays injured or plays injured. And Chara takes stupid penalties.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The Humber just north of Old Mill is actually really lovely. Shallow enough in many parts to just wade in the water waist high and really clean. At least compared to the area around the mouth of the river.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Would we even win one game against Bos?

Only reason I believe we may have a chance against them is if they're too fatigued from that insane schedule. The Sens injure one of their players. Lucic stays asleep. Bergeron either stays injured or plays injured. And Chara takes stupid penalties.

We won once this year and played them tight every game. But honestly you know I'm just happy to be in.

Who we play is out of our hands now. We could have done it last night but failed.

Also do love how salty everyone is getting over the Leafs making the playoffs. We went from "loleafs, you're stupid if you think they can make playoffs" to "loleafs they're gone in 4".

Calling it now if we make it past the first round the goalposts will be pushed back to "loleafs won't win the cup"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We won once this year and played them tight every game. But honestly you know I'm just happy to be in.

Who we play is out of our hands now. We could have done it last night but failed.

Also do love how salty everyone is getting over the Leafs making the playoffs. We went from "loleafs, you're stupid if you think they can make playoffs" to "loleafs they're gone in 4".

Calling it now if we make it past the first round the goalposts will be pushed back to "loleafs won't win the cup"

"For the next two weeks, we are all [insert team facing Leafs]"

The Humber just north of Old Mill is actually really lovely. Shallow enough in many parts to just wade in the water waist high and really clean. At least compared to the area around the mouth of the river.

I've walked the length of it and agree the trail/parkland is pretty great; but I always regarded the waters as toxic.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Have faith, gotta beleaf and what not.

Realistically what do we have to lose here?

Leafs lose: Everyone expected it, no big shock here

Leafs win: Holy shit this team is for real, we did it!

Leafs lose in a mathematically impossible 3 games! D:

I was happy to get in, to be honest...but not the fuckin Bruins....

Pens? Happy to take them.

Caps? Good! We can grind Ovechkin down.

Habs? We're very well matched and Price sucks against us.

Bruins?! Mother. FUCK.

On the plus side, they must be really tired and weak from that crazy ass schedule AND the emotions going on after that bombing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Meh.

Honestly Penguins are the only team that scare me in the East. Anyone else is very beatable.

I don't blame any Leafs fan to worry right now but once the games start nobody will be feeling that way, too much emotion.

You're like the perfect Toronto sports fan.

People in Toronto that care if the team wins are just dooming themselves to decades of unhappiness... I prefer to just have fun with watching sports and let other things in my life bring me down instead.

Brinbe

Oh buck up, y'all! Just because the Jays are shit, doesn't mean everything's bad.

The Leafs (yeah, they're in tough against the Bs) and Marlies are in the playoffs! So there's that. The Rock made it too, but were bounced out last night, unfortunately. Also, although TFC isn't doing amazing, they're still looking improved compared to past seasons. They just need to quit blowing their leads late in games. A lesson the Jays should also heed!

So is TO Meetup 5 happening on the 17th for sure or what?
As others have said, I'm thinking that's a bad weekend to get something popping (I'll also be traveling down to the States). Maybe aim towards the next weekend or the latter part of the month?

Top Bottom