• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 Roster Prediction Contest! Prizes included! Deadline: June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked out that poll. Saying that these characters are the definitive top 25 newcomers seems a little... unsubstantiated. Where has this poll been primarily advertised or organized?
The poll isn't my doing, but it has to do with Shorts's picking the twenty-five most popular option from what he's seen (although she picked Mona over Paper Mario just to give Wario a rep).

The poll has been taken to many places such as Smashboards (where Shorts mainly goes to), NeoGAF, Neoseeker, Nsider2, 4Chan (probably explaining why Waluigi is so high), Reddit, etc. I should have mentioned this before, but the poll is to be taken with a lot of grain of salt given that the poll is unrepresentative, but it's pretty much the best we've got in regards to looking into how popular some of these characters are.

That being said, Shorts is preparing a poll after E3 that will not only be more protected (although this one is relatively (but not entirely) protected due to only one IP voting at a time), but contain a lot more choices.

Neiteio

Yeah, you could be right about that.

I wish that it could be Super Smash Bros 4 x Kid Icarus with like 8-10 playable characters from KI:U

Pit
Dark Pit/ Pittoo
Palutena
Viridi
Hades
Marcus
Amazon Pandora
Pyrrhon
Phosphora
Thanatos
Poseidon
I know. I feel this way about Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening -- so many amazing characters that you want them all in Smash, character count be damned.

Maybe they should release themed DLC packs that go hog-wild with characters from those games. Kind of like New Super Luigi U being its own massive standalone DLC, so too could SSB4 have franchise-specific roster update DLC packs.

Imagine: "10 new Zelda characters! 10 new Kid Icarus characters! 10 new Fire Emblem characters!" And so on. Would be grand!

SkyOdin

The poll isn't my doing, but it has to do with Shorts's picking the twenty-five most popular option from what he's seen (although she picked Mona over Paper Mario just to give Wario a rep).

The poll has been taken to many places such as Smashboards (where Shorts mainly goes to), NeoGAF, Neoseeker, Nsider2, 4Chan (probably explaining why Waluigi is so high), Reddit, etc. I should have mentioned this before, but the poll is to be taken with a lot of grain of salt given that the poll is unrepresentative, but it's pretty much the best we've got in regards to looking into how popular some of these characters are.

That being said, Shorts is preparing a poll after E3 that will not only be more protected (although this one is relatively (but not entirely) protected due to only one IP voting at a time), but contain a lot more choices.

The biggest issue with polls like these is that the poll respondents are self-selecting. That in of itself will always put the results in doubt.

Having people write in their own choices might be better than coming up with a pre-made list as well, since we have no accurate means of predicting what options are even possible for inclusion in the next Super Smash Bros. games. Basing the poll choices on what the poll creator "has seen" can possible open the doors to unintended bias.

Another potential issue is focusing on linking the poll only in places and threads dedicated to Smash Bros. It might be possible to get more accurate results by going into places that are dedicated to other Nintendo properties.

Violet_0

Banned
Just checked out that poll. Saying that these characters are the definitive top 25 newcomers seems a little... unsubstantiated. Where has this poll been primarily advertised or organized?

I think we can all agree that there needs to be a proper Neogaf poll to accurately represent which characters the gaming community really wants in the next Smash Brothers game

also, I just realized that the new Zelda will get the SS look and I'm having a hard time imagining her as Shiek. Now I know TTP Zelda didn't transform either in her game, but it somehow worked with her more mature, serious characterization. I guess they could always go with a Zelda & Impa tag team, like in the game

Completed Predictions:

Characters (44)

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Yoshi
  5. Wario
  6. Bowser
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Link
  10. Toon Link
  11. Ganondorf
  12. Zelda
  13. Girahim
  14. Pikachu
  15. Jigglypuff
  16. Mewtwo
  17. Ivysaur
  18. Squirtle
  19. Charizard
  20. Marth
  21. Chrom
  22. Samus Aran
  23. Captain Falcon
  24. Pico
  25. Pit
  26. Ness
  27. Lucas
  28. Mr Game & Watch
  29. Fox McCloud
  30. Falco
  31. Wolf
  32. Kirby
  33. Meta Knight
  34. King Dedede
  35. Ice Climbers
  36. Captain Olimar
  37. Shulk
  38. Simon Belmont
  39. R.O.B.
  40. Pac-Man
  41. Sonic the Hedgehog
  42. Dr. Eggman / Robotnik
  43. Solid Snake
  44. Mega Man

Assist Trophies (10)

1. Waluigi
  2. Roy
  3. Rosalina
  4. Impa
  5. Giygas
  6. Bayonetta
  7. Aeron
  8. Samurai Goroh
  9. Ridley
  10. Raiden

Pokeballs (10)

1. Xerneas
  2. Yveltal
  3. Genesect
  4. Zoroark
  5. Deoxys
  6. Kyurem
  7. Goldeen
  8. Electrode
  9. Mew
  10. Staryu

Stages (8)

1. Peach Castle
  2. Skyloft
  3. Pokemon Stadium
  4. Great Fox
  5. City of the Wonderful 101
  6. Fire Field
  7. Dracula's Castle
  8. Final Destination

Items (5)

1. Bob-Omb
  2. Baseball Bat
  3. Pokeball
  4. Star Power
  5. Mushroom

oO Arekkz Oo

Neo Member
Characters (38):
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Yoshi
8. Link (Skyward Sword)
9. Toon Link (WW HD Version)
10. Zelda (Skyward Sword)
11. Impa (Skyward Sword; Impa being the Shiek replacement/equivalent)
12. Demise
13. Ghirahim
14. Marth (new costume from FE: Awakening)
15. Chrom
16. Samus Aran
17. Zero Suit Samus
18. Kirby
19. Olimar
20. Fox McCloud
21. Falco Lombardi
22. Captain Falcon
23. Pikachu
24. Jigglypuff
25. Mewtwo (The new Mewtwo form in X & Y)
26. Ness
27. Lucas
28. Mr. Game and Watch
29. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)
30. Kratos (Tales of Symphonia)
31. Shulk (Xenoblade)
32. Pac-Man
33. Megaman
34. Jin Kazama
35. Goku
36. Patroklos (Soul Calibur V)
37. Oliver & Drippy (Ni no Kuni; as one character, akin to Olimar & Pikmin)
38. Bayonetta​

Edit: This list is complete, I'm gonna pass on the stages/items/'balls, etc.

Tyeforce

The biggest issue with polls like these is that the poll respondents are self-selecting. That in of itself will always put the results in doubt.

Having people write in their own choices might be better than coming up with a pre-made list as well, since we have no accurate means of predicting what options are even possible for inclusion in the next Super Smash Bros. games. Basing the poll choices on what the poll creator "has seen" can possible open the doors to unintended bias.

Another potential issue is focusing on linking the poll only in places and threads dedicated to Smash Bros. It might be possible to get more accurate results by going into places that are dedicated to other Nintendo properties.
My StreetPass group is holding a similar poll, but instead of one jumbo poll, we're having multiple, weekly polls broken up by franchise or category. We've chosen 8 of the most commonly requested characters for each poll, along with an "Other" and "None" option. Write-ins are allowed in the comments.

Our polls probably aren't going to get as much reach as Shorts' poll, because they're on Facebook and we're not exactly trying to publicize them as much as Shorts has, but they are open to anyone and I'd like to think that they could come to be a decent representation of what kind of characters most people would like to see in the next Smash Bros.

We'll likely be using the results of these first 12 polls to put out a bigger poll similar to Shorts', though we'll be taking the most popular characters directly from what the community has chosen, not just hand picking them ourselves.

Here are our polls if anyone would like to vote in them: https://www.facebook.com/notes/streetpass-arizona/streetpass-arizona-smash-polls/488861604514584

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Characters (36)

Assist Trophies

Little Mac
Ridley
Mother Brain
Pandora
Viridi
Phosphora
Centurion Army
Jeff
Hammer Bro
Mr. Resetti

Pokéballs

Charizard
Deoxys
Unannounced XY Pokemon
Unannounced XY Pokemon
Lucario
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Arceus
Mew
Wheezing

Stages

Mushroom Kingdom
Zebes
Onett
Skyworld
Great Fox
DK Jungle
Skyloft
Pac-Man Maze

Items

Home Run Bat
Hammer
Beam Sword
Star Rod
Mushroom

Completed Predictions:

Characters (44)

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Yoshi
  5. Wario
  6. Bowser
  7. Donkey Kong
  8. Diddy Kong
  9. Link
  10. Toon Link
  11. Ganondorf
  12. Zelda
  13. Girahim
  14. Pikachu
  15. Jigglypuff
  16. Mewtwo
  17. Ivysaur
  18. Squirtle
  19. Charizard
  20. Marth
  21. Chrom
  22. Samus Aran
  23. Captain Falcon
  24. Pico
  25. Pit
  26. Ness
  27. Lucas
  28. Mr Game & Watch
  29. Fox McCloud
  30. Falco
  31. Wolf
  32. Kirby
  33. Meta Knight
  34. King Dedede
  35. Ice Climbers
  36. Captain Olimar
  37. Shulk
  38. Simon Belmont
  39. R.O.B.
  40. Pac-Man
  41. Sonic the Hedgehog
  42. Dr. Eggman / Robotnik
  43. Solid Snake
  44. Mega Man

Assist Trophies (10)

1. Waluigi
  2. Roy
  3. Rosalina
  4. Impa
  5. Giygas
  6. Bayonetta
  7. Aeron
  8. Samurai Goroh
  9. Ridley
  10. Raiden

Pokeballs (10)

1. Xerneas
  2. Yveltal
  3. Genesect
  4. Zoroark
  5. Deoxys
  6. Kyurem
  7. Goldeen
  8. Electrode
  9. Mew
  10. Staryu

Stages (8)

1. Peach Castle
  2. Skyloft
  3. Pokemon Stadium
  4. Great Fox
  5. City of the Wonderful 101
  6. Fire Field
  7. Dracula's Castle
  8. Final Destination

Items (5)

1. Bob-Omb
  2. Baseball Bat
  3. Pokeball
  4. Star Power
  5. Mushroom

You can't use "returning" AT/Items/PB/Stages

Snakey

I think we can all agree that there needs to be a proper Neogaf poll to accurately represent which characters the gaming community really wants in the next Smash Brothers game

The thing is that poll was brought to NeoGAF. It was also taken to practically every Smash Bros. fan community. I think it does give a sense on how popular those characters are for Smash Bros. amongst the Western Smash Bros. fanbase. NeoGAF is but one Smash Bros. fanbase, so a poll limited to just here would not be reflective of what the entire fanbase wants (ie. Bayonetta and Captain Syrup are far more popular choices at NeoGAF than at any other Smash Bros. community).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
COMPLETED. It's more likely as my wish list because I have no desire to win this contest but I really hope that I would get most of characters I wanted. Also I'm not sure if I should included Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik/Tera

Characters (59):

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr.
  6. Yoshi
  7. Wario
  8. Donkey Kong
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. King K. Rool
  11. Link
  12. Zelda & Sheik
  13. Ganondorf
  14. Toon Link
  15. Samus & Zero Suit Samus
  16. Ridley
  17. Pit
  18. Dark Pit
  19. Palutena
  20. Medusa
  21. Kirby
  22. Metaknight
  23. King DeDeDe
  24. Captain Olimar
  25. Fox
  26. Falco
  27. Wolf
  28. Captain Falcon
  29. Black Shadow
  30. Pikachu
  31. Pokemon Trainer
  32. Lucario
  33. Jigglypuff
  34. Mewtwo
  35. Marth
  36. Ike
  37. Roy
  38. Ness
  39. Lucas
  40. Tom Nook
  41. Little Mac
  42. Wonderful 101's main character
  43. Isaac
  44. Shulk
  45. Ice Climbers
  46. Takamaru
  47. Mr. Game and Watch
  48. R.O.B
  49. Laughing Dog
  50. Balloon Fighter
  51. Snake
  52. Sonic
  53. Mega Man
  54. Geno

Assist Trophies
  1. Viridi
  2. Roll
  3. King Hippo
  4. Dillion
  5. Mike Jones
  6. Mii
  7. Mach Rider
  8. Polterpup
  9. Magnus
  10. Lolo and Lala

Pokeballs
  1. Victini
  2. Reshiram
  3. Zekrom
  4. Xerneas
  5. Yveltal
  6. Shaymin
  7. Genesect
  8. Hydregion
  9. Scrafty
  10. Conkeldurr

Stages
  1. Duck Hunt's Pond (Duck Hunt)
  2. Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
  3. Murasama Castle (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  4. Luigi's Mansion 2 (Luigi Mansion 2)
  5. Skyloft (Zelda)
  6. Boxing Ring (Punch-Out)
  7. Bowser's Castle (Mario Universe)
  8. Dr. Light's Lab (Mega Man)

Items
  1. Shield Orb (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  2. E-Tank (Mega Man)
  3. Blue Shell (Mario Kart)
  4. Raccoon/Tanooki Leaf (Mario)
  5. Eggplant (Kid Icarus) (not as food but caused other character changed into eggplant)

bahamut_24

Neo Member
My prediction of character roster for ssb4

Mushroom Kingdom-4

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

Paper mario - 1

Paper mario

Tri-Force-4

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf

Pokemon-7

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
+Zoroark
+Mewtwo

Kirby-4

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
+Prince Fluff

Metriod-3

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
+Ridley

Star Fox-2

Fox
Wolf

F-Zero-1

Captain Falcon

Yoshi-1

Yoshi

Earthbound-2

Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem-3

Marth
Ike
+Roy

Ice Climbers-1

Ice Climbers

Game & Watch-1

Mr. Game & Watch

Kid Icarus-2

Pit
+Palutena

Pikmin-1

Captain Olimar

Warioware-1

Wario

Donkey kong-2

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Gyromite-1

R.O.B.

Wonderful 101-1

+representative

Mystery Castle-1

+Takamaru

Xenoblade-1

+Shulk

Golden sun-1

+Isaac

Third party-5

Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
+Llyod (Tales of Symphonia)
+Geno (Super Mario RPG)
+Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Total: 50

Item-5

-Flying squirrel leaf (Mushroom)
-Tom nook's leaf (Animal Crossing)
-Luigi's vacuum (Luigi Mansion)
-Balloon (Balloon Fighter)
-Defense tonic (Fire Emblem)

Stages-8

-War zone (Advance Wars)
-Nintendo handheld and console universe (Nintendo)
-Dragonspiral tower (Pokemon)
-Random Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
-Mysterious Castle (Takamaru)
-Dunk Hunting zone (Duck Hunt)
-Pokemon stadium 3 (Pokemon)
-Xenoblade stage (Xenoblade)

Pokeball-10

-Hydregion
-Victini
-6th gen pokemon
-Eevee
-kyurem
-Yveltal
-Xerneas
-Klingklang
-Axew
-Cobalion

Assist trophy-10

-Mallow (SMRPG)
-Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
-Pokemon Ranger (Pokemon)
-Sukapon (Sukapon)
-Tharja (Fire Emblem)
-Vaati (Zelda Minish Cap)
-Mokka (Magical Starsign)
-Slime (Dragon Quest)
-Demille (Tomato Adventure)
-Tiki (Fire Emblem)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well shit. That makes it kind of tough if you haven't followed Pokémon since Red & Blue. :(
Or remember every assist trophy that was in Brawl (there was only a gazillion of them).

Well, you can check wiki for AT list and check other people's lists for some idea. I'm sure that other people did.

Also I'm glad that they reconfirmed that we are going to hear something about SSB this e3 and we will have ND before the E3 begins.

Since SEGA and Nintendo have partnership, so that made me wondering if we will have second Sonic character or not.

NeonZ

Can I just leave my list incomplete, without stages and items? Just make it so that I auto-lose in case of a draw regarding character numbers.

Gonna enter with a no-transformations roster, because the more I think about it the more I think it may just happen due to Sakurai worrying about expanding the roster too much...

Characters - 50 Total
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Bowser Jr.
6. Link
7. Zelda
8. Impa
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link (Wind Waker style Link)
11. Pikachu
12. Jigglypuff
13. Lucario
14. Mewtwo
15. Pokémon XY Rep
16. Kirby
17. Meta Knight
18. King Dedede
19. Samus
20. Zero Suit Samus
21. Ridley
22. Ness
23. Lucas
24. Donkey Kong
25. Diddy Kong
26. Yoshi
27. Wario
28. Fox
29. Falco
30. Wolf
31. Marth
32. Ike
33. Chrom
34. Captain Falcon
35. Olimar
36. Pit
37. Palutena
38. Ice Climbers
39. Mr. Game & Watch
40. R.O.B.
41. Little Mac
42. Takamaru
43. Shulk
44. Mii
45. Isaac
46. Snake
47. Sonic
48. Pac-Man
49. Mega Man
50. Prof. Layton

Assist Trophies
1. Karate Man (Rhythm Heaven)
2. Toad (Mario Bros.)
3. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
4. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
5. Twinbellows (Kid Icarus)
6. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
7. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
8. Tempo (HarmoKnight)
9. Krystal (Star Fox)
10. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)

Poké Balls
1. Pichu
2. Zoroark
3. Sylveon
4. Porygon-Z
5. Volcarona
6. Deerling
7. Hitmontop
8. Victini
9. Darkrai
10. Arceus

Stages
1. World Circuit (Punch-Out!!)
2. Pokémon Colosseum (Pokémon)
3. Wuhu Island (Mii)
4. Rainbow Road (Mario Kart)
5. Hyrule Field (The Legend of Zelda)
6. Pandora's Labyrinth (Kid Icarus)
7. Sand Ocean (F-Zero)
8. Patch Land (Kirby)

Items
1. Bottled Fairy (The Legend of Zelda)
2. Super Leaf (Mario Bros.)
3. Training Headgear (Punch-Out!!)
4. Silver Bow (Fire Emblem)
5. Fire Shield (Sonic the Hedgehog)

I'm editing my list right now, and the problem with it, and I think everyone's is that my character list is too long. Sakurai said in an interview last year that 35 characters seemed to him to be the limit for what they could work with and still have balanced gameplay. He further stated that they'd be looking into taking a fresher approach with regards to the character roster.

As for me, I tried to stick to a 35-character limit, but with so many characters you know are bound to return there's not a lot of room for new ones.

EDIT: List updated, please check it out. :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm editing my list right now, and the problem with it, and I think everyone's is that my character list is too long. Sakurai said in an interview last year that 35 characters seemed to him to be the limit for what they could work with and still have balanced gameplay. He further stated that they'd be looking into taking a fresher approach with regards to the character roster.

As for me, I tried to stick to a 35-character limit, but with so many characters you know are bound to return there's not a lot of room for new ones.

EDIT: List updated, please check it out. :)

Wait, can you link me to interview that he mentioned 35?

Hey IntelliHeath, noticed you linked my old speculation list as opposed to my revised one I made a week or so afterwards here. Mind re-linking to the new one in the OP 'complete' list?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nearly 20 days to GO before deadline.

Hey IntelliHeath, noticed you linked my old speculation list as opposed to my revised one I made a week or so afterwards here. Mind re-linking to the new one in the OP 'complete' list?

Sure, no problem. I noticed that your new one don't have roster in words so I suggest you to type out the list because it's in the rules.

I posted it in the "Sonic in Smash 4" thread, but here it is again:

http://www.destructoid.com/sakurai-don-t-expect-more-characters-for-next-smash-bros-230594.phtml

He technically doesn't say it will be 35 characters again, but that they've probably already reach the limit of what is feasible.

Eh, I hope not. It would be so de-hype if we are going to get same count of characters again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
with the new Sonic Wii-U exclusive announcement, I think it's pretty safe to say that Sonic will return

Yep, definitely. Also I saw it at other thread, which made me realized something. Look at list of games.

shitfucks.png

Snake might have a chance, but extremely small tho.

Tyeforce

Done. I voted for Waluigi, King K. Rool, Tingle, Samurai Goroh, Palutena, and Mewtwo. Lol at Magnus receiving any votes.
Thanks! Also, I like your choices, lol. You voted for the same characters that I did except for Samurai Goroh (I voted for Ridley instead). And yeah, I don't understand why Magnus has so many votes. I figured Palutena would be the clear winner, but she's not! ._.

Oh, and here's this week's poll:

All future polls will be posted and archived here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/streetpass-arizona/streetpass-arizona-smash-polls/488861604514584

The next three or four polls are the really exciting ones!!

Shokio

Neo Member
Veterans:

Mario
Fox
Donkey Kong
Pikachu
Luigi
Samus
Zero-Suit
Link
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Ness
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Bowser
Wario
Falco
Pit
Metaknight
Zelda
Diddy Kong
Marth
Ganondarf
Game & Watch
Olimar
Peach
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Kind DDD
Sonic
Toon Link
Snake

Newcomers:

Shulk
Krystal
Palutena
Chrom
Little Mac
Lloyd Irving
Girahim
Pokemon Trainer:
- Chikorita
- Cyndiquil
- Croconaw
Robin (Fire Emblem)
Zael
Zoroark
Issac
Isa
Mr. Wonderful
Takamaru
Lyn
Retro Studios IP char
Xenoblade 2 main char

Incomplete for now

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They finally announced the date for E3ND. June 11 7PST!

t1370959200z4.png

I'm keeping the deadline for sure so people still have 17 days to posting or editing the prediction.

Hey I remember Shokio. I think you run the YouTube account under the same name, right?

Anyway, here's Shorts's comprehensive poll that has over 200+ characters. Really neat poll here and the closest we're going to get to an accurate representation of what the Smash Bros. community wants out of characters, Assist Trophies, bosses and stages.

Here are the results on veterans and newcomers as of 700 votes.

Updates on Assist Trophies, bosses and stages coming soon.

SkyOdin

Hey I remember Shokio. I think you run the YouTube account under the same name, right?

Anyway, here's Shorts's comprehensive poll that has over 200+ characters. Really neat poll here and the closest we're going to get to an accurate representation of what the Smash Bros. community wants out of characters, Assist Trophies, bosses and stages.

Here are the results on veterans and newcomers as of 700 votes.

Updates on Assist Trophies, bosses and stages coming soon.

Why are Mewtwo and Roy listed as newcomers? They are not new to the series.

Hb2

Neo Member
yhoOcE7.png

Characters (47 / 51 including transformations and Pokémon Trainer as 3 separate characters):

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Yoshi
  6. Donkey Kong
  7. Diddy Kong
  8. King K. Rool
  9. Link
  10. Zelda / Sheik
  11. Ganondorf
  12. Wario
  13. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
  14. Ridley
  15. Toon Link
  16. Mr. Game & Watch
  17. Pit
  18. Palutena
  19. Ice Climbers
  20. R.O.B.
  21. Ness
  22. Lucas
  23. Takamaru
  24. Sukapon
  25. Kirby
  26. Meta Knight
  27. King Dedede
  28. Olimar
  29. Fox
  30. Falco
  31. Wolf
  32. Captain Falcon
  33. Pikachu
  34. Pokémon Trainer (X/Y Starters)
  35. Mewtwo
  36. Jigglypuff
  37. Marth
  38. Roy
  39. Chrom
  40. Saki
  41. Isaac
  42. Shulk
  43. Professor Layton
  44. Pac-Man
  45. Sonic
  46. Snake
  47. Mega Man X

Assist Trophies:

• Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Viridi
  • Mach Rider
  • Dillon
  • Lucina
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan)
  • Rambi
  • Zero
  • Tails

Poké Balls:

• Ditto
  • Keldeo
  • Victini
  • Oshawott
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Conkeldurr
  • Genesect
  • Zoroark
  • Excadrill

Stages:

• Rhythm Heaven
  • Super Mario Galaxy (various planets)
  • Pac-Man Maze
  • Skyloft
  • Murasama Castle
  • K. Rool Ship
  • Dr. Wily's Castle
  • Sunset Shore (Donkey Kong Country Returns)

Items:

• E-Tank (Mega Man)
  • Eggplant Bomb (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
  • Super Leaf (Super Mario 3D Land)
  • Blue Shell (Mario Kart)
  • Kuribo's Shoe (Super Mario Bros. 3)

Wow, Lucario is surprisingly low.
Yeah, that surprised me a lot. I'd expect him to be doing a lot better, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the votes were due to pessimism regarding Lucario's return.
SkyOdin said:
Why are Mewtwo and Roy listed as newcomers? They are not new to the series.
Probably because they were cut from Brawl.

Also, the same poll updated with Assist Trophies, Bosses and Stages.

Ezalc

Alright here it goes:

Mario
Mario
Luigi w/ Poltergust
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi

Yoshi
Yoshi

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Zelda
Link (new items to correspond to SS)
Zelda / Sheik (New look to correspond to SS)
Ganondorf (new moveset)
Toon Link (new moveset)
Vaati

Wario
Wario

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Game&Watch
Mr. Game & Watch

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena

Ice Climbers
Ice Climbers

Gyromite
R.O.B.

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Starfox
Fox (Falco alt costume)
Wolf (new moveset)
Krystal

Fire Emblem
Marth
Chrom
Lyn
Sigurd/Celice
Ike (Roy alt costume)

Golden Sun
Isaac/Matthew

Punch-Out!!
Little Mac

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (May have switched up order of pokemon)
Mewtwo (With second forme being either Final Smash or a move)
Jigglypuff (as much as I hate her)
Team Rocket's Meowth

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Xenoblade Chronicles
Shulk

Pikmin
Olimar

Joy Mech Fight
Sukapon

Mystery of Murasame Castle
Takamaru

Custom Robo
Ray 01

Startropics
Mike Jones

Sin and Punishment
Saki

Third Parties
Sonic (Sega)
Pac-Man (Namco)
Snake (Konami)
Megaman (Capcpom)
Geno (Square Enix)

Assist Trophies
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Ghirahim (Legend of Zelda)
Mallo (Pushmo)
Muddy (Mole Mania)
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter)
Tempo (HarmoKnight)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Shantae (Shantae)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
Ouendan (Ouendan)
Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)
Demiru (Tomato Adventure)
Captain Syrup (Warioland)
Hector (Fire Emblem)
Anna (Fire Emblem)

Being more than a bit hopeful here. 55 characters. Most characters aside from Zelda and Sheik with a "/" means that it'll be either one as the default. Example being that it can very easily be either Matthew or Isaac as Golden Sun's rep.

GamerSoul

Would 50 plus characters really be feasible for Sakurai and the team from the launch of smash 4? I really want 50 and will likely have around 50 in my own list but I've been wondering about this because it could potentially be a lot of work depending if they choose to reuse some of the same resources from brawl, which is fine imo. DLC could very well help in the character inclusion process this time too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Would 50 plus characters really be feasible for Sakurai and the team from the launch of smash 4? I really want 50 and will likely have around 50 in my own list but I've been wondering about this because it could potentially be a lot of work depending if they choose to reuse some of the same resources from brawl, which is fine imo. DLC could very well help in the character inclusion process this time too.

Well, ever since SSB4 got announced during E3 2011. I suspected that we will have 51-53 characters in SSB4. I think it's possible but I wish that they would imply how big their team in Namco-Bandai so it would be easier to figure out what we are expecting.

From what I recalled, that they are going to use Brawl and going to start from there. I will try to find the article.

GamerSoul

Well, ever since SSB4 got announced during E3 2011. I suspected that we will have 51-53 characters in SSB4. I think it's possible but I wish that they would imply how big their team in Namco-Bandai so it would be easier to figure out what we are expecting.

From what I recalled, that they are going to use Brawl and going to start from there. I will try to find the article.

It's true if we knew what size the team from namco is we would have a better idea. Maybe during e3 we will know for sure. Imo the guys at namco are more than capable to do this. The tales team could help with the rpg elements and character moves etc because tales kinda plays like smash in a sense. and the tekken soul calibur team could easily generate characters and balance while theyre at it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's true if we knew what size the team from namco is we would have a better idea. Maybe during e3 we will know for sure. Imo the guys at namco are more than capable to do this. The tales team could help with the rpg elements and character moves etc because tales kinda plays like smash in a sense. and the tekken soul calibur team could easily generate characters and balance while theyre at it.

Yeah, I hope that Tekken workers would help them with better online services.

Also here is the link for Sakurai claimed that they are using Brawl for starting point.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/06/08/e3-2011-early-super-smash-bros-details-revealed

Edited: Tiebreaker requirement are waived but it will be your choice if you want to do tiebreaker stuff. If you chose to not then you will lose the tiebreaker by default.

I can see Lil' Mac and a character or two from Kid Icarus: Uprising & Fire Emblem Awakening making appearances, hopefully Palutena, "Marth" and Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom