• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay launching in June on XBLA

KageMaru

nighttime reminds me of Alan Wake ;) Sry for shit pictures, I need to lower the stream qualtity, twitch hates me.

I can't wait until I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. Really hope for some tense moments from this game.

Nah it was XBLA only first then they said a PC version will come later.

Cool, thanks.

Yep, pretty choppy for me too.

Still looks like there's been some improvements to the animations, but holy pop in Batman. I really hope they fix that before release.

It's an open world game with a lot of open land, there's bound to be plenty of pop in.

Why live stream if it makes the game look worse? It looks horrible there.

To just show the game? People should never judge graphics by a stream anyways.

derFeef

Wow, two hour day/night cycle, that's pretty good.

wtf the zombies just ripped the player into two pieces, that shit was violent. And she is gone forever oO

derFeef

Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/xboxlivearcade/b/394745975

ouch0yoex.gif

derFeef

You know when that happens and you played a fair amount with the same character... that just hurts. More so than in ZombiU I have to imagine. Plus if you have no trusted friends yet like they had in that demo - then you start from scratch. I love it!

You know when that happens and you played a fair amount with the same character... that just hurts. More so than in ZombiU I have to imagine. Plus if you have no trusted friends yet like they had in that demo - then you start from scratch. I love it!

I asked if there was a box version hitting at some point but they said only if they go viral. Hopefully they do. :D

Daigoro

wait, is there some sort of permadeath in this game? :eek:

sign me up for more zombie games too. love em. easily some of the best this gen for me. not tired of em yet.

this game has been on my buy list since it was announced.

derFeef

wait, is there some sort of permadeath in this game? :eek:

sign me up for more zombie games too. love em. easily some of the best this gen for me. not tired of em yet.

this game has been on my buy list since it was announced.

You start as a random character. Then you need to find other NPC's and make a base of some sorts, gather resources etc. Your character get's exhausted over time and needs to sleep/rest - in order to do that you need to switch to other characters and play as them - but you can only do that if they trust you(r main character) enough. I guess you need to do missions for them etc.

And yeah, if characters die they die. They can be healed if they are wounded iirc.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to this. Really hope the MMO Xbox One version comes to fruition. would really like to play this with buddies.

ironcreed

Banned
This is the one game I'll miss not being able to play, beings I recently sold my 360. I just have too much on the plate as it is. The Last of Us is also about to release, plus I need to get ready for next gen. I'm sure it will be great, though.

Daigoro

You start as a random character. Then you need to find other NPC's and make a base of some sorts, gather resources etc. Your character get's exhausted over time and needs to sleep/rest - in order to do that you need to switch to other characters and play as them - but you can only do that if they trust you(r main character) enough. I guess you need to do missions for them etc.

And yeah, if characters die they die. They can be healed if they are wounded iirc.

sounds great. looking forward to this.

Karak

sounds great. looking forward to this.

And that is like a 10th of what is going on.
To say it is abnormally meaty for an XBLA game is like saying having your arm cut off makes juggling difficult. Both are severe understatements. There is a ton going on in this game.

Daigoro

To say it is abnormally meaty for an XBLA game is like saying having your arm cut off makes juggling difficult. Both are severe understatements. There is a ton going on in this game.

hype.

and I just bought a bunch of cheap points so this thing is paid for already.

Karak

Hmm, it could be read a number of ways. I assume you have the option of sending others out on scavenging missions but you can also do the scavenging yourself if you choose to.

Every single system in the game has a teeter totter like resource management that makes having others do jobs all the time, actually impossible. Its deep.

derFeef

ohhh you playing already man?

Daigoro

big ad up on the main spot on the 360 dashboard right now. pretty sure its the same trailer we've seen already, but man it looks great.

im totally sold on this game.

Top Bottom