• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack On Titan stuff

dead.png

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh man.

You can have anyone you want do the character designs and still rein in your animators when appropriate. They already let them do swimsuit episodes and dancing so they should really be reigned in when the show is supposed to be in it's serious mode. Then again, the presence of (Episode 11 spoilers):
Lukkage and her assistants really brings everything down a notch anyway. Her silly, erogeesque character designs really don't jell with the current plot arc.

I'm just saying that it was clear they had no intention of reigning back at all, ever.

Cwarrior

Wait wait wait wait wait. This is going to be a remake of Water 7 and Enis Lobby from the perspective of the ship?! Holy shit.

That's what I imagine it is from the information given it includes
the ussop fight to the final farewell merry's viking funeral

For some reason i'm not even expecting new footage now.

So far we've had

Episode of alabasta (movie 8) +One Piece Special - Prologue to Episode of Arabasta(whisky peak special that came with the dvd & blue ray)
Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom (movie 9)
One Piece Episode of Nami: Kōkaishi no Namida to Nakama no Kizuna (TV Special)
One Piece Episode of Luffy: The Hand Island Adventure(Tv special)

All of them so far have been new reanimated works.

I wonder which animator from the one piece team is going to take the lead this time, I hope it's Katsumi Ishizuka time to shine am guessing it's mostly likely Eisaku Inoue since he mostly does the ultimate tear jerker episodes and did the
viking funeral in the anime

Episode of alabasta -animation director Eisaku Inoue
Episode of chopper -animation director naoki tate
Episode of nami -animation director Yukiko Nakatani

Mushibugyo 11

3Usy3De.jpg

In this universe, Yukimura is a dark butterfly thing.

Jumping off from the greatness of last week, we get another awesome episode with some one-sided beat-downs. The animation took a hit compared to the arguably much more important previous episode, but it was still acceptable.

And so ends the first real arc. It was definitely the turning point that made me watch this show as something more than just a time-waster. Hopefully this quality keeps up and I can start the manga when the TV series ends.

Mushibugyo 11

Jumping off from the greatness of last week, we get another awesome episode with some one-sided beat-downs. The animation took a hit compared to the arguably much more important previous episode, but it was still acceptable.

And so ends the first real arc. It was definitely the turning point that made me watch this show as something more than just a time-waster. Hopefully this quality keeps up and I can start the manga when the TV series ends.

Oh wut, Sengoku stuff? Am I going to have to watch this now?

cnet128

Banned
You can have anyone you want do the character designs and still rein in your animators when appropriate. They already let them do swimsuit episodes and dancing so they should really be reigned in when the show is supposed to be in it's serious mode.

I'm just saying that it was clear they had no intention of reigning back at all, ever.

Pet hate: it's "reining in" and "reining back" (like a horse), not "reigning" (like a queen). Jexhius actually got it right earlier in the same post!

...At least nobody said "free reign"...

Futari wa Precure Splash Star 10

It's another one of those "learn to appreciate X career for the sake of a school project" episodes, and this time the honours go to Naruto's Kenta's parents, who run a fishing boat service. They take customers out into the open sea on their beloved boat, lending their expertise to find the best spots and catch lots of fish.

So of course they're delighted to give the Cures and their classmates a taste of some real fishing action. The weather's great, it looks like things are going to go swimmingly (pun entirely intended; Naruto's Kenta's father would be proud), until...the fish fail to show up. And then the weather takes a turn for the decidedly not great (giving Kenta's dad an opportunity to show how cool he is by putting his customers' safety first).

Of course, all this bad luck has to be the work of everyone's favourite villain, Moerumba, who's summoned a storm for the benefit of his latest Uzaina, this one themed around St Elmo's fire. This makes our second Attack On Boat of this series, though this boat is decidedly larger and more sturdy than the last one. Still, the Cures end up hurled right off it, thankfully ending up on dry land, where it's all too easy to put paid to the unimpressive monster.

And of course with the monster taken care of, the weather clears up, the girls are able to catch a whopper, and their school project is a smashing success. Zekkouchou nari~!

Gurren Lagann 21

Okay it's clear now -- Old Yoko > Old Nia but Young Nia > Young Yoko

This is the route that was necessary but not the one I wanted

Oh my grosh I get it now

Yoko fucking rocks. She reminds me of Lyn for some reason. You have won this time, Corvo.

cnet128

Banned
I can prove the flaw in that statement with a simple equation of truth:

Young Nia > Old Nia > Young Yoko > Old Yoko

...Though to be fair, the main issue with Old Yoko is her outfit, and I don't think that appears until Episode 23.

CorvoSol

Gurren Lagann 22

Okay it's clear now -- Old Yoko > Old Nia but Young Nia > Young Yoko

This is the route that was necessary but not the one I wanted

Oh my grosh I get it now

Yoko fucking rocks. She reminds me of Lyn for some reason. You have won this time, Corvo.

Best Girl is an unstoppable powerhouse of :chet and firepower. You still haven't seen the real reason I don't like Old Nia, though. That comes later. At this point I was something of a sucker for Old Nia because saving your girlfriend is a treasured trope of mine in mecha shows.

I don't remember now if the really cool final blow happens in the final fight of this arc or episode 15.

Godannar 23

Hahahahahahahaha. This show is at its best when it goes stupid over the top, and I don't mean with the fan service (because I don't want to know what is over the top beyond having giant robots that :chet.). Suddenly Dannar Base is a boat! And also the principal can fire a goddamn rocket launcher! And also the principal is
Anna's father!
Hahaha. Sometimes, mecha's better when it doesn't pretend to be serious for even an instant.

Gurren Lagann 22 for reals this time

Aw yiss we're back to ridiculously cool mecha action sequences

This is so nuts. A mecha on top of a mecha within a mecha

Wait. Those two kids -- are they the kids who left Plato's cave at the beginning of the series? Woah.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 10

So the guy in the intro turns out to be Sosuke's "shadow", who may or may not be a antagonist.

Truth be told, I'm not even aware if there's plot to this series besides gathering some jewels, which they may not even know is in the possession of their comrades.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 14

WOW KILLED THE BOSS BEFORE THE OP PLAYED. There is no action in this show. Just giant shitty CG monsters and black frames with colorful neon nike swoops through them. Who makes a Fantasy show and then never spends time on the heroes fighting? Laaaaaaame.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHAAAAAAAAAAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL HE'S AN IMMORTAL OBJECT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HE IS THE MAIN BAD GUY WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HE WAS THE FINAL BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS.

Wahahaha, well, I wanted a hacker, but I don't know if the GM qualifies. And now Crono will fight Lavos and die because this isn't New Game +. Doesn't even bother to tell Asuna he loves her, first. God damn, most one sided relationship ever.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HELLO SQUARE ONE, THIS IS THE LONELY BEATER CALLING. I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK. Fucking disc 3 Squall up in here.

LAWL BREAKING THE ENTIRE GAME. Seriously, something like this should be making the whole damn system crash. OH BOY THEY GONNA ESCAPE AND THEN GO BACK CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

OH BOY HERE IT COMES THE STUPID AND NOT JUSTIFIED JUSTIFICATION AND EXPLANATION I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 4000 people dead for NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Sword Art Online 14

WOW KILLED THE BOSS BEFORE THE OP PLAYED. There is no action in this show. Just giant shitty CG monsters and black frames with colorful neon nike swoops through them. Who makes a Fantasy show and then never spends time on the heroes fighting? Laaaaaaame.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHAAAAAAAAAAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL HE'S AN IMMORTAL OBJECT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HE IS THE MAIN BAD GUY WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HE WAS THE FINAL BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS.

Wahahaha, well, I wanted a hacker, but I don't know if the GM qualifies. And now Crono will fight Lavos and die because this isn't New Game +. Doesn't even bother to tell Asuna he loves her, first. God damn, most one sided relationship ever.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HELLO SQUARE ONE, THIS IS THE LONELY BEATER CALLING. I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK. Fucking disc 3 Squall up in here.

LAWL BREAKING THE ENTIRE GAME. Seriously, something like this should be making the whole damn system crash. OH BOY THEY GONNA ESCAPE AND THEN GO BACK CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

OH BOY HERE IT COMES THE STUPID AND NOT JUSTIFIED JUSTIFICATION AND EXPLANATION I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 4000 people dead for NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

These are the moments I live for.

The show only becomes worse from here on out. Although, the action is actually better.

TWGOK was pretty ace until Namek happened (sans yui stuff which owned) and has gone to shit after they pulled yet another Namek immediately afterwards (it did start of pretty promising tho). kusoseries

Columns = Age
Top Row = Male
Bottom Row = Female

HEY I'm in the darkest blue area of 19-22 :D

Karneval OPUS 11 ICE CREAM PARADE
tumblr_mok9xpQJmm1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mok9xpQJmm1qbxqfpo2_500.png

The day off and on the two was fun and sweet. I laughed lots this episode. And once again to comment on their outfits, garekis outfit was the best, the shoes, I want, so stylish.
Nai being there for Yanari and holding his hand and being their for support was too sweet, I teared up even
. I like Gareki's aspect too thinking of what he wants to do and who he wants to be with in life, finding where to belong. Ready for the next episode.

Sword Art Online 14

Please tell me you've seen school days and have posted impressions of that somewhere I must read it

cnet128

Banned
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 11

Oh noes Flappy got sick. And Saki was so mad at him for turning off her alarm and making her late for failball practice, she didn't even notice until he was really in a bad way. Getting massive flashbacks to episode 9 of the first series right now, but then of course they need to repeat this scenario, it lets them show off the Healing Functionality of the card/mascotphone merchandise they want to sell to all the impressionable little girls watching this.

At any rate, it's sweet watching Saki care for Flappy when he's ill (it helps that he's still definitely cuter than Mepple ever was). And then Flappy and Choppy play together on the beach and it's adorable. Until Moerumba emerges from the ocean (uh dude you're like MADE OF FIRE how is that even possible) and takes the mascots hostage.

Of course, if he bothered trying to hold on to them, he would just win by default, and winning is against the Code of Villain Behaviour, so he throws the mascots into the cold, cold ocean instead. Saki catches them before they can hit the surface, on grounds that if they fell in they might catch their deaths of cold again and that's not cool. She gets herself soaked in the process, mind. And then the Cures transform and take care of the latest Uzaina in no time.

Obviously now it's Saki's turn to catch a cold, so cue the adorable again with Flappy looking after her all night this time. But just like Flappy, she's fine in the morning with a massive appetite to boot. And they figure out who was the culprit behind the Alarm Clock Deactivation Incident all along (nobody ever suspects
the cat
). So all's well that ends well!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 14

I expected more. Eh.

CorvoSol

Please tell me you've seen school days and have posted impressions of that somewhere I must read it

No, and since the end of the show was spoiled for me, I can't really go through with watching that any time soon.

I expected more. Eh.

How can I give you more when the show gave me legit nothing? As in NOTHING.
HEY WHY DID YOU KILL 4000 PEOPLE? I HAVE NO IDEA. HERE IS A STORY ABOUT A CASTLE. THAT'S, COOL, RIGHT? YEAH, I GUESS SO.

Honestly, though, the absolute stupidest part of this entire affair is that
Kirito and Asuna have been in a relationship for two years, gotten married, sleep in the same bed, maybe even made out definitely no sex because that'd require the lonely beater to participate, I don't know. Anyway, ALL THIS and they don't even know one another's REAL NAMES? Or where the other is from? Jeez, Kirito, she could've been from fucking Italy or something and you'd never find her.

Gurren Lagann 25

Yoko apparently has
the kiss of death.

Honestly, though, the absolute stupidest part of this entire affair is that
Kirito and Asuna have been in a relationship for two years, gotten married, sleep in the same bed, maybe even made out definitely no sex because that'd require the lonely beater to participate, I don't know. Anyway, ALL THIS and they don't even know one another's REAL NAMES? Or where the other is from? Jeez, Kirito, she could've been from fucking Italy or something and you'd never find her.
They semi-canonically did get it on. Chapter 16.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom