• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My town was gorgeous today!

tumblr_monl4aOAjW1sukkejo1_400.jpg

And I got the QR machine so I could finally wear this rad JSR shirt.

tumblr_monqw9lVnI1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Grizzo

I really want to use patterns to make some nice paths all around town (once I gain access to this QR machine), but what about fossils ? Surely patterns are going to hide all these "X" marks we get on the ground everyday, right ?

SmithnCo

I really want to use patterns to make some nice paths all around town (once I gain access to this QR machine), but what about fossils ? Surely patterns are going to hide all these "X" marks we get on the ground everyday, right ?

You can't place them on Xs, I always assumed the Xs just went to the next available piece of land.

Gvaz

Banned
Do what Salsa suggested to someone else and roll the clock back 2 weeks and do that time-sensitive stuff. I'm sure GAF will supply you with Bells to pay debts, and tools so you can begin collecting wildlife again.

But fuck, losing it all to a glitch is fucking disheartening. It'd discourage me from starting over.

And this is why we need save backups.

I mean, if you got a digital copy you might be able to make regular backups of the appropriate folders off the SD card (I think it saves to the sd card anyways) and the saves are encrypted anyways so it's not like someone can just edit it. No one has made a 3ds save editor for anything.

Grizzo

QR machine being at able sisters is a fucking terrible idea tho. Lookin for/scanning QR codes and all that would give you something to do when all the stores are closed at night

I agree between this and Nook's last upgrade closing at midnight, it's like they really don't want you to play this game at night. Well I guess we've got to be thankful for Re-Tail and Club Lol closing at 2 am.

Chopped a couple of trees down on my island as I'd read it helps spawn more beetles. Seems to just be emperor butterfly & fruit beetle land now. Wandering around trying to raise some bells. My Stalk Market is plunging daily as well. Hope one of you kind gaffers adds me with some of that hot turnip action.

I have so much fruit now & have planted a hell of trees. My beech is banana tree central as well now. Been holding them back to give to people. Anyone need any fruits?

SmithnCo

And this is why we need save backups.

I mean, if you got a digital copy you might be able to make regular backups of the appropriate folders off the SD card (I think it saves to the sd card anyways) and the saves are encrypted anyways so it's not like someone can just edit it. No one has made a 3ds save editor for anything.

Yeah, it sucks that the saves don't just encrypt once, but after every save. Otherwise you could have backups.

Added everyone on this page - Gate is open for turnip sales @ over 500!

Donations accepted ;P

Also, free fruit baskets by the gate - PM me if you add me.

2363-5624-3655

Solstice does not exist in Animal Crossing, right? Its 6:40 pm in my game and its almost full dark... sun does not go down until 9:00-9:15 pm these days here. I feel like it's dark too early in the game! :(

Gvaz

Banned
This is kinda scaring me since I did the eShop version, but I did choose "download now" so maybe i'm on the safe side.

Sorry your save got wiped Sats, I will submit the miniscule 30,000 bells I have in my bank account to a "Save Our Sats" club.

I have no idea why Nintendo can't do that "verify install" that steam has.

Backup doesn't work with AC. :/

I take it download later is causing problems?

Not 100% confirmed AFAIK, just a gaffer who had his save lost & that's how he acquired it I believe. AC doesn't support the backup system? Annoying....

Could we at least daily copy our SD to a Mac/PC & If we loose it copy back... loose a day but better than the lot...

SmithnCo

Not 100% confirmed AFAIK, just a gaffer who had his save lost & that's how he acquired it I believe. AC doesn't support the backup system? Annoying....

Could we at least daily copy our SD to a Mac/PC & If we loose it copy back... loose a day but better than the lot...

You would have to make a backup after every save. If you only play once a day that would work.

I wish you could copy saves to PC/cloud without removing the card though...

Labrys

So putting down patterns doesn't affect getting fossils/gyroids as long as you leave open dirt space, right?

The spaces will relocate, yes.
So, in theory, you could cover up every spot except for 5~6 spaces of dirt and all the gyroids and fossils would spawn in that spot.

Waisted 100,000 bells trying to get a silver hammer by going to club tortimer today...

bother domestic and international. items/clothes would change, but the hammer never appeared. i'm stopping before i waste any more money on this.

Gvaz

Banned
apparently I cant put QR scanned designs on my town's signs for some reason

It's because you didn't make it. The person who made it has to come to your town and give you the design in some fashion

it's so stupid.

Also New Leaf 2 needs to have twice the pocket space and a key Items tab that doesn't take up inventory space. Cause fuck damn shit piss.

From experience with a friend losing his save file due to SD card problems and subsequently trying to troubleshoot it: no.

Basically each time the game is booted up it seems to be modifying the save file (another forum mentioned the ID numbers), if you try and load anything other than the newest file the game will refuse and tell you to delete your data. Even if you've done absolutely nothing other than attempt to try and load your town and have it crash, that renders any backed up saves useless and only the current one will work.

The only way a save backup could be useful is if you back it up after every time you turn off the 3DS and then if you subsequently have a problem with the SD card before loading up AC you could restore it.

So could you do this to get the whole mermaid/cabana set?

Probably. I saw several mermaid items, like a bed, dresser, floor, and something else, and a guitar, I think? I wasn't paying too much attention since all I wanted was a silver axe and I wasted 100,000 bells trying to get one. I'm sure if you get hopping in and out you'd be able to get all of the pieces, or at least most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom