• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newline

Hey guys quick question.

I really enjoyed playing wild world but I had to give up on the game due to not having enough time to play it. Every time I left for a week the town would be covered in leaves/tall grass which would take ages to clear up. Got me frustrated so eventually a quit.

Does this still occur in New Leaf, will my town look terrible if I leave the game for a week or even a month?

Dragnet

Played 43 hours already. As soon as I turn it off I want to jump back in again. This game has well and truly got me infected!

Having a blast on the Island, only just today tried out diving for the first time. Lots of fun and finding tons of cool new stuff! Also managed to save up enough medals to buy a diver dan, woo! Kinda wish I could get two and have one on either side of my door as guards!

Bought this on launch but just started playing this week.

God this game is a drug, I hate that I've waited so long to start but at the same time, I'm glad I didn't start immediately lol.

Betty

Banned
Hey guys quick question.

I really enjoyed playing wild world but I had to give up on the game due to not having enough time to play it. Every time I left for a week the town would be covered in leaves/tall grass which would take ages to clear up. Got me frustrated so eventually a quit.

Does this still occur in New Leaf, will my town look terrible if I leave the game for a week or even a month?

It occurs, but you can diminish it by enacting the beautiful town ordinance once you become mayor. Weeds are less common then.

Also, even if you left the game a week or more without playing, pulling all the weeds doesn't take an extortionate amount of time.

Spent the last 2 hours customizing my first long-sleeve devoted to one of my favorite Sega Genesis games.
Though, in retrospect, I don't think I'll be doing this again.

tumblr_mooan0XETB1rkllazo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mooao6WwoX1rkllazo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mooapaWiWY1rkllazo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mooaqejq3N1rkllazo1_400.jpg

And a flag to boot.
tumblr_mooaxymvc81rkllazo1_400.jpg

Newline

It occurs, but you can diminish it by enacting the beautiful town ordinance once you become mayor. Weeds are less common then.

Also, even if you left the game a week or more without playing, pulling all the weeds doesn't take an extortionate amount of time.

Sounds reasonable, thanks!

Played 43 hours already. As soon as I turn it off I want to jump back in again. This game has well and truly got me infected!

Having a blast on the Island, only just today tried out diving for the first time. Lots of fun and finding tons of cool new stuff! Also managed to save up enough medals to buy a diver dan, woo! Kinda wish I could get two and have one on either side of my door as guards!
You can buy multiples of the island items if you want.

Marvie_3

Banned

Mine is right around 100 hours but I've fallen asleep quite a few times with my 3DS plugged in and the game running. :lol

milkham

I'm not really worried about catching up to you guys. Even if I got it Day 1 I'd fall behind eventually.

I probably just need to exhaust my other games first. I think it's the pressure of having a backlog.

IT's not really something you play instead of other games. It's like an ongoing project you play during your daily constitutional or something.

Though it's possible to sink a bunch of time into it if you want to.

Roto's right, you could probably shoot down a quick half an hour per day doing things around town if you wanted and then move on to something else since a lot of the content is gated by time and town progress anyway. OR you could grind if you want to.

Spent the last 2 hours customizing my first long-sleeve devoted to one of my favorite Sega Genesis games.
Though, in retrospect, I don't think I'll be doing this again.

Voltech? do you make arcade sticks

So new guy moved in, Monty. Another monkey (3rd in a row). Going to see how fast he moves out if I NEVER talk to him.

Monty's in my village right now! I actually really like him and he always wants to visit my house.
I can understand if you don't want him due to a series of monkeys, though.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does anyone have Moose? His eternally cocked brow makes me crack up every time I see him.

cluderi

Grizzly invited himself to my house so I agreed then didn't turn up to let him in. He's definitely not happy with me now. 2nd visit to the island and that place is awesome, rolling in bells now.

Ninty have done a fantastic job with AC New Leaf.

Mononoke

Banned
Some questions about grass degradation:

I. Is it true your grass will get worn down, even if you aren't sprinting? Or rather, will the grass degrade if you push down all the way on the joystick and jog?

II. Will there be less grass degradation if you don't wear shoes?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. Especially the second one. Someone was telling me that was true.

EDIT: My apologies, searching through this thread. I'm sure someone's already posted.

Apologies to anyone who tried to get in earlier, had connection errors all day but my Re-Tail is buying turnips at 580 and all are welcome now! All I ask in return is some turnips because I have none FC is 0903-2734-8236

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Decided to change the logo on /r/gaming a minute ago...

jPVxH20DqZRBR.png

Hehe..

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
tumblr_moob38tQm11sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Adding a little Seinfeld to my village

tumblr_moob55q8rH1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_moob6gUKvV1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I don't know how I'm gonna sleep after hearing that shit

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ugh. I have her too :(

:( Hopefully she leaves soon.

I have this awesome Wolf too, he almost left, but kept him.

he's OG.

also, has anyone had a mineral money rock? I was hitting a rock and got about $30k worth of gold / silver / other! was great

Lissar

Reluctant Member
June, 19th. Wednesday.

The sixth day. I'm not even sure what I'm doing here anymore.

BNLJJnjCEAABGcC.jpg

I have found gardening soothes me. It is one of the bright spots in these dark days of domination.

BNLJpCmCIAEsl4o.jpg

Another has begun to move in. At least he did not destroy my gardens. I have taken the precaution of moving them around permanent structures so that they do not get flattened.

BNLJ36lCEAAGtTh.jpg

I talk to the infiltrator against my better judgement. I find his nonsense somewhat amusing.

BNLKUs2CAAAPHtz.jpg

I do not understand his strange lingo, but I get the feeling it's a compliment.

BNLKkBBCAAIPHUb.jpg

I found three more of these creatures bursting from the ground this morning. They are possibly being flooded up to the surface from the rains we've been having. I suppose now I will have to build an army out of them.

That was a joke.

BNLLGHnCcAAqLmO.jpg

A tent is pitched in the town square. It looks ominous. I eagerly await what is inside it.

BNLLYZECYAEH0bW.jpg

Her name is Katrina. She says she will tell me my fortune. Though I know where my destiny lies, I am not above letting her repeat it.

BNLLlEKCcAE6LQh.jpg

Oh yes, do tell. Subjugation of the innocent (and not so innocent?) Destruction of my enemies (and perhaps, my friends?) Absolute and total power?

BNLLy-gCUAAgzKh.jpg

I...

BNLL9cVCYAA3f-_.jpg

You know what? Let's just not speak about this again, shall we.

BNLMUTHCMAAnJYS.jpg

Whatever you say, charlatan.

BNLMsH3CUAA8b6B.jpg:large

I decide to wear a cucumber pack on my cheeks, hoping to bring that youthful glow. No reason in particular.

BNLM-2UCMAE1QNd.jpg

Everyone in this town talks about kung fu, and yet I never see them practice it. Perhaps they do so in secret, hoping to build an army and one day overthrow me.

BNLNVZwCUAAbUJJ.jpg

I think the panda has gone mad.

BNLNlaNCYAAGHIV.jpg

BNLN1PUCEAAqnJr.jpg

I visit the domain of Jason of Euclid. One of his creatures seems suspicious. I wonder how wide spread this revolution might be.

BNLObXgCAAA2vyc.jpg

If nothing else, I have the rain and my garden. Perhaps that's all I really want, after all.

Nah.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just want to hire someone here to lay out roads for me. I'm waaaayyy too lazy to do it myself.

1. Nothing. It's a fence. That's why I'm only going to do a project if it means something to me.

2. Not entirely, but in patches. That's why I built the Rainbow Road.

It looks like the old town dump...

Im actually seeing where I walk and building out my entire road system before deciding on the permanent projects.

I want a campsite, but I dont want to fuck up my running paths and such.

Permanent decisions suck. In the mean time, Im building street lights, which while useless, can be removed later.

I just got the HH Showcase thing, but there's no houses to look at. What's the deal?

You need to streetpass with people who have activated streetpass. I have two homes in there.

Cranzor

I played with a Japanese person and made a complete fool out of myself. But hey! I got some Japanese exclusive items... at least I think they are. I got a sitar and a washer/dryer. Anybody know if those are exclusive to Japan?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I played with a Japanese person and made a complete fool out of myself. But hey! I got some Japanese exclusive items... at least I think they are. I got a sitar and a washer/dryer. Anybody know if those are exclusive to Japan?

NA here! I got the washer dryer, and in fact, today its for sale at nooks!

Roto13

I activated it, but to be honest, I've never used Streetpass on any of my other games. What do I need to do now?

Take your 3DS with you when you go out and walk past other people who also have their 3DSes with them and have played Animal Crossing. Then their houses will appear in that showcase.

Linius

I don't have the game yet, but GAF's community is so big that SOMEBODY is bound to get 200+ turnip price during the week.

The problem is managing to get into their game when that happens, because everybody wants in. :D

I still think a 10% courtesy fee should be left behind to whoever opens their city for turnip trading.

I'm leaving tips everywhere I go :p

i streetpassed someone with a raccoon clock today, so now i can buy them, if eurogaf, or ausgaf wants let me know, i forgot exactly but its like 1600 bells or something

Good to know!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Think the sitar is a Gulliver item

ramyeon

So milkham came over crossdressing as Chun Li, hit on all my villagers and then slept on my bed.

BNLVbdVCcAAcYx-.jpg

This thing is evil, I need her out of my town yesterday.

BNLVhsaCMAAxQ2v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom