• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Toradora! 4

Man, between her photo obsession and his mold...thing, Taiga and Ryuuji are both kinda freaks, but still so likeable.

Is Kitamura gay? He's probably not, but that would make a lot of sense, imo.

Ah so the third girl from the OP finally shows up. About time. Too bad she's a bitchy character. (Side-note: The OP is growing on me. It's pretty catchy.)

Taiga is pretty damn adorable.

Sudoh-Bucks? :lol

oh man what a little twist

Godannar Final

All in all, not a bad show. Hilariously over the top fanservice to go with the over the top battles, fairly light hearted, but a decent and unique spin on the relationship aspect of the main pilots. I wasn't wild about the supporting cast, either, but they'll do. Also, the Godannar has flame hair which is as cool as it gets for mecha.

Glad you enjoyed it. Now go watch Megas XLR, you heathen.

<-----------------

there's an obvious bias here, me thinks.

Keep watching it will be clear to you.

That Minorin is the best? You don't say.

Hyouka END

Why is it over? Why is it over?

cry2zuj3x.gif

jbug617

Banned
I got to ease off buying so much anime for the rest of the year. I just cancelled Medaka Box and Another bluray. I keep forgetting that Right Stuf usually have a killer sale in December so some of this stuff might end up on sale.

CorvoSol

NOT SWORD ART ONLINE ANYMORE 17

You know, after SAO, where killing someone meant they'd die in real life, it is both jarring and disconcerting to see Kirito so readily pick up a sword and talk about killing other people. Like really, you'd think he'd be at least a little hesitant. Oh wait, I'm expecting this show to remember five episodes ago, when, judging by the introduction of Deedlit's shitty sister, here, I'm betting the show doesn't.

CONTINUITY IS DEAD.

I don't even know if Kirito really was joking just now when he said he wanted this girl to cry and jump into his arms. Leafa needs to die for my ship right fucking now. Then Kirito. The ship is Asuna x Klein.

"MY WIFE IS IN A HELLCOMA AND IS GOING TO BE WED AND COMA RAPED BY A CREEPER IN SIX DAYS. What should I do? GO ON A DATE WITH THIS CLEAVAGE FLASHING LASS." Fuck you. Kirito. Most men with a 7 day time limit to save the woman they love would show a little more haste.

I know he's trying to fly, but this scene only makes me think two things: 1, don't talk about fairy bones and muscles. Fricking Garzey's Wing has ruined that for me forever and ever. 2, Kirito looks like he's trying to take a dump.

Yeah, Leafa, Kirito can handle high speeds because he's Kirito and well I defy you to name one thing not related to reciprocating his wife's feelings/actually saving her/doing something other than playing video games that he isn't super badass at. Just ask him about when he was a Beater.

Doesn't Kirito have to go to school now? And can his mom even afford the internet bill at this point?

It occurs to me that Kirito's character is caught in a loop of no development. As in this is exactly the same shit we went through last time around. As in "Kirito is sad because of past mistakes, failures, whatever/ haunted by friends who have met with a tragic fate and is looking for a way to help them. Kirito meets a girl who helps him snap out of it." Which means that all we need now is "Kirito forgets about those other losers almost entirely" or "Kirito doubts whether or not he should stay with Asuna when being with Leafa is so easy" and "Some member of the game is menacing and turns out to have more to him than meets the eye." This stupid loop will carry on forever because this show was literally written by a teenager.

Can't wait to not learn what the villain's plan is again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, I'm so, so, so sorry. I know its annoying when I do it but I mean, COME ON.
LEAFA IS KIRITO'S SISTER? LEAFA WHOSE BREASTS HE'S BEEN CHECKING OUT THIS ENTIRE EPISODE? AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH FUCK THIS SHOW.
What was this guy doing during his teenage years that he was thinking this stuff up? At least the new villain is kinda okay, right?

Oh man I need to go ly ddow

jbug617

Banned
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, I'm so, so, so sorry. I know its annoying when I do it but I mean, COME ON.
LEAFA IS KIRITO'S SISTER? LEAFA WHOSE BREASTS HE'S BEEN CHECKING OUT THIS ENTIRE EPISODE? AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH FUCK THIS SHOW.
What was this guy doing during his teenage years that he was thinking this stuff up? At least the new villain is kinda okay, right?

ha ha. Had a similar reaction.

NOT SWORD ART ONLINE ANYMORE 17

You know, after SAO, where killing someone meant they'd die in real life, it is both jarring and disconcerting to see Kirito so readily pick up a sword and talk about killing other people. Like really, you'd think he'd be at least a little hesitant. Oh wait, I'm expecting this show to remember five episodes ago, when, judging by the introduction of Deedlit's shitty sister, here, I'm betting the show doesn't.

CONTINUITY IS DEAD.

I don't even know if Kirito really was joking just now when he said he wanted this girl to cry and jump into his arms. Leafa needs to die for my ship right fucking now. Then Kirito. The ship is Asuna x Klein.

"MY WIFE IS IN A HELLCOMA AND IS GOING TO BE WED AND COMA RAPED BY A CREEPER IN SIX DAYS. What should I do? GO ON A DATE WITH THIS CLEAVAGE FLASHING LASS." Fuck you. Kirito. Most men with a 7 day time limit to save the woman they love would show a little more haste.

I know he's trying to fly, but this scene only makes me think two things: 1, don't talk about fairy bones and muscles. Fricking Garzey's Wing has ruined that for me forever and ever. 2, Kirito looks like he's trying to take a dump.

Yeah, Leafa, Kirito can handle high speeds because he's Kirito and well I defy you to name one thing not related to reciprocating his wife's feelings/actually saving her/doing something other than playing video games that he isn't super badass at. Just ask him about when he was a Beater.

Doesn't Kirito have to go to school now? And can his mom even afford the internet bill at this point?

It occurs to me that Kirito's character is caught in a loop of no development. As in this is exactly the same shit we went through last time around. As in "Kirito is sad because of past mistakes, failures, whatever/ haunted by friends who have met with a tragic fate and is looking for a way to help them. Kirito meets a girl who helps him snap out of it." Which means that all we need now is "Kirito forgets about those other losers almost entirely" or "Kirito doubts whether or not he should stay with Asuna when being with Leafa is so easy" and "Some member of the game is menacing and turns out to have more to him than meets the eye." This stupid loop will carry on forever because this show was literally written by a teenager.

Can't wait to not learn what the villain's plan is again.

Sometimes I'm glad I was spoiled on how this series went

That reminds me that I need to finish Lodoss War sometime.

cajunator

Banned
I got to ease off buying so much anime for the rest of the year. I just cancelled Medaka Box and Another bluray. I keep forgetting that Right Stuf usually have a killer sale in December so some of this stuff might end up on sale.

I know that feel.
All too well.

cajunator

Banned
Buy more to make up for him cutting back. Keep the industry afloat for the rest of us.

Somebodys gotta do it!

I went a little to crazy for the July and August releases. Unless something crazy gets announced at AX, I'm probably just going to order Gatchaman bluray that suppose to come out in the Fall.

I held off from doubledipping blurays of Oreimo and Gurren lagann. Im proud of my self control lol.

cajunator

Banned
It's crazy how much Aniplex is charging for the Oreimo bluray. It lack all the extras you usually get with their releases.

I already got the nice extras in the dvd set so the bluray is pointless.
I would buy a barebones version fod durability sake but not otherwise.

Because it needs to be posted again:

Aiura GIF

This is something that I can't stop watching, even if I manage to watch it. It managed to sneak into my dreams, whether my laptop is on or off.

The actual detail put into the socks being removed from those legs just gives it the aura of appeal and shows that attraction can happen from not just looking at breasts and ass. The tie animation is also superb, and the detail of it unfolding inbetween her legs also gives it a boost in arousement. This GIF is of very high class smut to the point that calling it smut is degrading. It's a work of art.

Aiura GIF

This is something that I can't stop watching, even if I manage to watch it. It managed to sneak into my dreams, whether my laptop is on or off.

The actual detail put into the socks being removed from those legs just gives it the aura of appeal and shows that attraction can happen from not just looking at breasts and ass. The tie animation is also superb, and the detail of it unfolding inbetween her legs also gives it a boost in arousement. This GIF is of very high class smut to the point that calling it smut is degrading. It's a work of art.

I just like legs, plus that mark where the sock was on Saki's leg.

CorvoSol

Slayers Try 10

So the nonsense with Alto and Baritone comes to an end, and Lina and the gang learn that in order to cancel out the alien technology powering Gourry's Lightsaber and other, similar weapons, they need to fuse Dark and Holy magic. The good news is that since the party has a Monster and a Dragon onboard, they have people capable of casting those things innately. The bad news is that Xellos and Filia have the world's most belligerent sexual tension and will not cooperate with one another under any circumstances. Which leaves Zelgadis and Amelia to try using the magic pots or whatever. Amelia says it works because of their great love, and Zelgadis does not quite acknowledge that.

Oh, and in addition to being a well educated demon swordsman, today we learn that Zelgadis can kick your ass with guns, too.

Detective Conan 222-224:
That's a really tragic story. This story hits all of the required Conan highs, such as giving us a creepy island, having a bunch of drama with the locals, and a string of increasingly more violent murders, and we wrap things up with one of the craziest reveals possible. Heji's dramatic reaction to everything and his desire to find evidence that would prevent it from being the case was a powerful moment for him.

There was also a lot of great Heiji/Kazuha shipping moments, and the scene where
they're barely hanging on and Kazuha stabs Heiji to try and force him to let her go
was crazy good. Epilogue scene with Heiji was also a highlight in this regard. He's reliable when it comes down to it, especially with Kazuha involved. Conan finding out some possible past events for Haibara and then thinking it was too ridiculous was another funny moment.

Now despair that KyoAni probably won't make something this good ever again

I want to believe in them. Even if more Hyouka is just a pipe dream, I want to hope that the team responsible for it could put out something great again.

Jubern

I just realized that Sword Art Online was coming out in France on July 5th, right in time to sell it in droves at Paris' Japan Expo.

And lo' and behold, they get a 6-discs box edition of the 14 first episodes with 2 BD, 3 DVDs + 1 bonus content DVD and a 50 pages artbook for... 50 bucks. That looks awfully cheap for me. I remember how everyone cried bloody murder when publishers charged 40 bucks for a 8-9 episode DVD-only set (that I thought, was a totally okay price).

Thinking about it, I'm really sad I can't go to Japan Expo this year, I'll miss all those terrible cosplays.

Tamerlane

Banned
I want to believe in them. Even if more Hyouka is just a pipe dream, I want to hope that the team responsible for it could put out something great again.

I do too, but those coffers have got to be running low by now with both Hyouka and Tamako not meeting financial expectations. Wiki is saying they're doing an adaptation of a random light novel soon, so hopefully they put a good director like Takemoto behind it, but I'd anticipate some degree of otakuchum for the foreseeable future.

CorvoSol

I just realized that Sword Art Online was coming out in France on July 5th, right in time to sell it in droves at Paris' Japan Expo.

And lo' and behold, they get a 6-discs box edition of the 14 first episodes with 2 BD, 3 DVDs + 1 bonus content DVD and a 50 pages artbook for... 50 bucks. That looks awfully cheap for me. I remember how everyone cried bloody murder when publishers charged 40 bucks for a 8-9 episode DVD-only set (that I thought, was a totally okay price).

Thinking about it, I'm really sad I can't go to Japan Expo this year, I'll miss all those terrible cosplays.

Well to be honest when you think about it there are only maybe 8 episodes worth of good content in SAO anyway. If this second half continues the way its been, whoooooo boy I dunno.

ALSO, regarding SAO, what episode triggered firehawk's comments? So I can know when it is okay to read them?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
hummingbird.me just got a pretty nifty front page redesign! There's finally a feed for friends' activity and a panel where you can update your recent series without having to visit your watchlist page. It's not as pretty as I'd like yet, but it's functional and it's a huge step toward it being a definitive MAL-killer.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
hummingbird.me just got a pretty nifty front page redesign! There's finally a feed for friends' activity and a panel where you can update your recent series without having to visit your watchlist page. It's not as pretty as I'd like yet, but it's functional and it's a huge step toward it being a definitive MAL-killer.

I noticed that a little while ago too. I like it; I really like that update panel. Still want more rating increments though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom