• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko Episode 106 Unrivaled Strength! The One Who Mastered Honoring the Food!

Wow Take's revival knife is great being able to cut and make us think Komatsu is dead, then to bring him back healing that wound completely. Hope he and Komatsu type of rivalry or whatever continues to stick around for the rest of the series
. On the action front pretty mixed feelings about it. Should have at least made it last two episodes worth.

Articalys

Okay, so, I see I'm still being trolled. Alright, that's cool, if you want to edit a weeks-old post to get a few chuckles for yourself, whatever.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I should also mention that aside from Kuttsukiboshi, I've also convinced KnightBuster to watch Black Rock Shooter TV as well. :D

His brain should be a pile of goo within a few hours.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Okay, so, I see I'm still being trolled. Alright, that's cool, if you want to edit a weeks-old post to get a few chuckles for yourself, whatever.
I don't know what the hell you are getting mad about, but please don't let it get to you. You are a far better poster than this.

Apparently Little Witch Academia is coming to North America with some nice extras.

The new localization and game company acttil announced on Wednesday that it will offer the Blu-ray Disc of Trigger's magical fantasy anime Little Witch Academia in North America this summer. The 26-minute anime will serve as acttil's first anime title.

The anime will come in a collector's edition on Blu-ray Disc with an original soundtrack disc and a 112-page art book with storyboards, sketches, character art, and illustrations. Video extras include a 66-minute making-of video that chronicles fledgling studio Trigger's journey to create Little Witch Academia for the Anime Mirai 2013 program. The disc will have the Japanese soundtrack with English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Chinese subtitles.

Articalys

Didn't you swear not to let anything from this thread get you angry anymore?
But making and keeping promises to oneself is difficult, man.
Price needed.
I have zero hope of this being reasonably priced.
You have me until you announce the price.
Awesome. It must go on my "To buy" list, unless its $500 or something silly like that.
Factoring in the OST and artbook, betting on $30-40 retail price, so somewhere between $25 and $35 on RightStuf.
Of course that could also be completely wrong.

Dresden

With ex-NISA employees heading up the company, I'd imagine the pricing to be similar to their NISA releases. Hope, anyways.

It was a joke that I didn't carry through, actually. Wonzo quoting it was just miscommunication on my part. Don't take it so personally.

Flowers of Evil 10

I've seen episodes in other shows which omit the OP and ED, but I haven't seen any before which stack all the credits at the beginning. Usually the credits that would normally go in the OP and ED are kept at the beginning and end of the episode. It was a smart decision to not do that here, as it allowed the raw, intimate scene at the end to play out without distractions. I've seen a fair number of episodes where the standard OP, ED, or eyecatch jar unpleasantly with the content of that particular episode, but Nagahama has the directing savvy to treat each episode differently as its content requires, even down to this kind of detail.

Gyakuten Saiban - 1-5

Maya_and_Phoenix.png

Wow. What a wonderful show. I really enjoyed the whole first person way of telling the story. It was like we were put in Wright's shoes as he talked to everybody for each case. Despite it being short, it makes up for it with a lot of great humour and heart for the characters. Every single character in this show is memorable in one way or another. The Judge, Edgeworth, Mia, they all have character traits that make them unique and likable.

While the show is essentially a comedy, it mixes in crime drama very well, as character motives are revealed and dark secrets are explored, there's never a dull moment.

Sadly, the show fails in its animation and voice department. The characters barely move at all, and the only voice acting comes when the characters scream "OBJECTION" or something like that. I guess they were going for an old fashioned silent movie style, but it would have been way more fun with more voices.

But despite it's flaws, it's still a wonderful entertaining series that I'm glad to have played watched.

AWESOME!

Crime edge - 12

Dansai%20Bunri%20no%20Crime%20Edge%20-%2012.jpg

Ah ah what a twist !

This episode was setup last week as a great episode ..and it perfectly delivered !

i guess it is :"be carefull what you wish for , loool"
I don't have the words ... i was smiling during the 2nd half ( i get i ' m crazy i guess )
Can't wait to see the next episode because that's some freaking change of events i'm glad i saw.

AWESOME

Red Data Girl Episode 12: World Heritage Girl (END)
BNK3DNVCQAA3jg9.png

At the end of the day it was just an ending but felt kind of open, as if there are still many more tales that could be told and tons more that could be detailed in their day to day life at the academy, stuff with spirits, and of course all things dealing with the Himigami(sp?). This episode had action and was one of the more gripping episode of the bunch. I think it did highlight one of the flaws of the anime. Most of the episodes were pretty with great backgrounds and what not but several times it was more style and clean gorgeous art and backgrounds over story. There was some development but it felt minimal and really confined to some characters. There was great comedy at times, and the various arcs did provide good climax moments, but I think overall in terms of story it was alright but could have been done a bit better with more feeling and something given to make most people care about it. 7 / 10, for Manatsu, Masumi, Sagara were excellent designs, female lead had her moments
when she awakens and gets realization in episode 11...but then still needs to be saved in 12, so it was kind of odd to go back on that aspect of her character
, and just looking good at times. I don't know if I would buy or not.

Gyakuten Saiban 1-4

What a wonderful show.
I'm confused, that screen is from game 1 case 2, not 4.

She was dirty and out of power . At not point did she got nothing but light bruises.

She slept and took a shower and was fine afterwards.

She was still bruised when she got up though, but 2 scenes later she's healed up... or can her electricity speed up her regenerating cells or some bullshit like that too?

Looking forward to it.

Original story then .. i guess players can stop worrying that they would adapt a bad route and hope the original story isn't that bad.

She was still bruised when she got up though, but 2 scenes later she's healed up... or can her electricity speed up her regenerating cells or some bullshit like that too?

Dunno , LEVel character break the rules of common sense all the time.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was that or a Academy city technology at work.

Andrew J.

Hataraku Maou-sama 01

Decided to marathon this since the finale's coming next week.

The opening scenes only increased my desire for a Fire Emblem anime, or at least some kind of straightforward medieval fantasy series. The closest we've had recently is fucking SAO for Christ's sake.

The comedy's pretty good. The gags are very Japanese, lots of awkward silences and such. The way Maou gets so invested into his day job is fun.

So far best girl is the manager.

I was referring to all four of the main cases. I just used that pic as an example.

1-5 if you haven't played yet.

Original story then .. i guess players can stop worrying that they would adapt a bad route and hope the original story isn't that bad.

Dunno , LEVel character break the rules of common sense all the time.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was that or a Academy city technology at work.

I wouldn't be surprised if there high tech school uniforms can heal you up.

Dresden

Hataraku Maou-sama 01

Decided to marathon this since the finale's coming next week.

The opening scenes only increased my desire for a Fire Emblem anime, or at least some kind of straightforward medieval fantasy series. The closest we've had recently is fucking SAO for Christ's sake.

The comedy's pretty good. The gags are very Japanese, lots of awkward silences and such. The way Maou gets so invested into his day job is fun.

So far best girl is the manager.

They have to start tapping into that older women market soon. They're hitting every other niche/fetish/genre/interest/hole, anyways.

Andrew J.

No one would even bother if you weren't so sensitive about posting old news. The worst that could happen is someone posting an "Articalys more like Slowticalys" gag and everyone having a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom