• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
AzureNightmareXE said:
oh come on, it was a joke, dont take things too seriously :lol . But yeah, that composer list is insane, this game will be one for the ages, truly a legendary killer app.
grrrrr.

just playin lol.

el jacko

Oblivion said:
I just noticed on the music page, there's no Sonic composers, except for Yuzo Koshiro, who according to Wikipedia, only did the music for the 8 bit game. Ruh roh?
Doesn't mean anything, really, except that no Sonic composers are doing soundtrack arrangements.

I mean, they didn't list Hirokazu Ando, who composed and arranged the entire SSBM soundtrack, and one of his songs is already in the game (arranged by Sakuraba, of course).

RagnarokX

The inside temple stage is from FE (or whatever game the castle stage is actually from) they have the same flags.

Also, I'm not sure is Sonic would have a composer. The music for Sonic games is generally made by bands Sega hires like Dreams Come True (Sonic 1 & 2), Michael Jackson (Sonic 3 [conspiracy theory behind this one:p]), and Crush40.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
NeonZ said:
That's supposed to be Daein Castle?

I hope that's just some mistake. There's no city anywhere in sight, unlike in the game,
and it was never under catapult fire, because Ike moved his army quickly inside it to avoid a battle in the city (and it had been evacuated beforehand)
... There's also no snow, and the flags don't match.
I'm pretty sure it's the Dragon's Gate from FE7. I remember seeing comparison pictures, and they looked similar. I'll see if I can find some

the MGS composer Norihiko Hibino (who does the in-game stuff while Harry Gregson-Williams composes the cutscenes) isn't on the list either so that doesn´t really means anything

not that I think Sonic would be a worthy addition to the game

Zeed

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
the MGS composer Norihiko Hibino (who does the in-game stuff while Harry Gregson-Williams composes the cutscenes) isn't on the list either so that doesn´t really means anything
Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.)
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots / Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS

Zyid said:
Akihiro Honda
(Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.)
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots / Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS
lol I just got owned.... I was looking for the MGS2 composer

Sakurai must have some balls to mention all of these games that aren't on nintendo platforms in a site for a nitnendo 1st party game, Yamauchi would enver allow that

Humphrey Bogart said:
with a list of composers like this, i hope this means we can expect an OST.
Melee had the Smashing LIVE orchestraded OST, I don't why this one won't get a similar treatment

If this game is going to have online, will it have some sort of chat functionality? Has that even been spoken of for any Wii game, for that matter? I wonder if we will just send text messages to each other or a headset will be introduced (either something you plug into the bottom of the remote or wireless).

ant1532

Banned
cool_dude_2049 said:
If this game is going to have online, will it have some sort of chat functionality? Has that even been spoken of for any Wii game, for that matter? I wonder if we will just send text messages to each other or a headset will be introduced (either something you plug into the bottom of the remote or wireless).
Nothing has been said by Nintendo on the chat functionality of online games. So no one knows if there is going to be any online voice chat. There probably won't be unless Nintendo comes out with a whole change in their online system but yeah... I would just expect friend codes for now.

wsippel

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
Sakurai must have some balls to mention all of these games that aren't on nintendo platforms in a site for a nitnendo 1st party game, Yamauchi would enver allow that
Check Monolithsofts new website then. Pretty much the only game they mention throughout the site is Xenosaga - PS2, not DS. And the new website launched after Nintendo bought 80% of the company and installed a new CEO.

Zeed

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
Good thing Yamauchi doesn't run Nintendo anymore, eh?

ant1532 said:
Nothing has been said by Nintendo on the chat functionality of online games. So no one knows if there is going to be any online voice chat. There probably won't be unless Nintendo comes out with a whole change in their online system but yeah... I would just expect friend codes for now.

So then what's the point of having online games for the Wii? Wouldn't it just been the same as having bots with difficult/annoying AI?

Zeed

Banned
cool_dude_2049 said:
So then what's the point of having online games for the Wii? Wouldn't it just been the same as having bots with difficult/annoying AI?
That's like saying a deaf/mute person is like a computer with annoying AI.

Epiphyte

cool_dude_2049 said:
Not really, bots and AI still aren't nearly as adaptable and strategic as human players.

Online managed to be fun on PC for about 10 years before VoiP got popular, I think I can endure playing Smash without the joy of having a 12 year old tell me what a "cocksucking f*g n***er" I am.

ant1532

Banned
According to Jeremy Parish's blog(Toastyfrog) Brawl is NOT at the Media Summit :(
So we'll just be looking forward to the updates for now.

cool_dude_2049 said:
Playing your friends from home.... Or playing actual skilled people... Seriously, no offense but that was kind of stupid... difficulty AI compared to a real player lol? But don't get me wrong if they don't have voice chat it will be pretty stupid of course and you sound like you didn't know but Nintendo sucks when it comes to online. Hopefully this will change things or things might get better.
Zyid said:
That's like saying a deaf/mute person is like a computer with annoying AI.
:lol

Epiphyte said:
Not really, bots and AI still aren't nearly as adaptable and strategic as human players.

Online managed to be fun on PC for about 10 years before VoiP got popular, I think I can endure playing Smash without the joy of having a 12 year old tell me what a "cocksucking f*g n***er" I am.

Be that as it may, what made Live great was chatting with others. You do meet jerks, but you also meet cool new people. For example, I met one person through Halo 2 matchmaking and was introduced to a whole new set of gamers with different lives, and we have all been playing together ever since. To me, they are more than just a screen name. The way I see, other Wii online users will just be screen names to me without voice chat. You could just create an offline game with random tags and it will be the same as though they were people who didn't/couldn't speak.

Bottom line: Voice chat makes online gaming what it is, at least, in my opinion.

Plus, Smash Brothers has some of the most notoriously stupid AI of all time.

Anyway, just a thought-- Sakurai updated the site at 3am EST last night (that's 4pm JAPAN TIME:lol ), but I don't see why he would stick to that strict schedule. I'm guessing he'll update the site whenever he feels like it during the day.

So anyway... it's almost noon in Japan, anyone want to start another insane countdown for a random time chosen by us? We've been doing it for days, I don't see why not. :lol :lol

ant1532

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Plus, Smash Brothers has some of the most notoriously stupid AI of all time.

Anyway, just a thought-- Sakurai updated the site at 3am EST last night (that's 4pm JAPAN TIME:lol ), but I don't see why he would stick to that strict schedule. I'm guessing he'll update the site whenever he feels like it during the day.

So anyway... it's almost noon in Japan, anyone want to start another insane countdown for a random time chosen by us? We've been doing it for days, I don't see why not. :lol :lol
Hmmm, I really think Sakurai just writes out what he wants to post and then some guys does it all on the computer for him on the team and I think it'll be updated the same time as last time( 2:55 AM EST, 11:55 PM PST)

NotWii

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
When archaeologists find this forum someday, they'd probably think we're always celebrating New Year

ant1532

Banned
Wii said:
Most likely they'd update at 4pm Japan Time like yesterday no?
It's not even midday there right now.
Oh, I thought that was what you were referring to at first but in 3 hours it won't be 4 PM japan time(well it's closer now, but more so when you posted it)

Fireblend

Banned
Yasunori Mitsuda is the best video game music composer. Ever. Oh and I could totally recognize Golden Sun vibes from the Menu1 theme :p

NotWii

Banned
ant1532 said:
Oh, I thought that was what you were referring to at first but in 3 hours it won't be 4 PM japan time(well it's closer now, but more so when you posted it)
You wouldn't want to start the thread AFTER the update has happened :p
An hour buffer is good.

Verano said:
what happens then?
:eek:
hammeroc7.jpg

ant1532

Banned
Chris Remo said:
Again guys, please don't spread my music link outside of GAF. Just keep it to this thread.
Ah, I sent you a PM asking if it was alright to keep it in the OP but thanks for the reply. I'll keep a note next to the link to keep online in GAF. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom