• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Smash Bros. 64 wasn't a particularly good looking game to begin with.

That said, some N64 games have aged better than others. Majora's Mask still looks fine, as does Sin & Punishment.

IanZ

WHy isn't anyone talking about Fox's model? Afterall he's prominently featured in two of the pics...:lol

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, Smash Bros. 64 wasn't a particularly good looking game to begin with.

That said, some N64 games have aged better than others. Majora's Mask still looks fine, as does Sin & Punishment.

Majora's Mask is just painful to play though

Zeed

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Majora's Mask is just painful to play though
gtfovh5.jpg

I'm certain it's been pointed out already somewhere else, but doesn't the layout of the angeland stage resemble the rainbow cruise from melee?

Either way, it looks gorgeous.

Zeed

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I guess we'll have to see if this is the case. If there's no update today, then he definitely has backed down.
The text has not changed. The guy was just looking in the wrong place - it never said daily weekly updates there, look above it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Alkaliine said:
No Metroid Prime 3 info until E3.

Damn. This wouldn't have been a problem if Nintendo didn't make a big deal about their little gamer's day thing this week.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oblivion said:
Damn. This wouldn't have been a problem if Nintendo didn't make a big deal about their little gamer's day thing this week.
They didn't even announce it... more like:

Oblivion said:
Damn. This wouldn't have been a problem if Nintendo fans didn't make a big deal about the little gamer's day thing this week.

Oblivion

TheGreatDave said:
It's a good game, but God...going through Clock Town is just a painful 15fps ball of ugly straight to the face.

Playin the GC version?

farnham

Banned
Im still amazed that people think that Nintendo will back down from their "we will not release any new info on any game until E3" attitude..

it worked E3 2002 it worked E3 2004 it worked E3 2006...

why would they change their plans now..?

BrandNew said:
I honestly doubt that.

Like, really. And no, I know that Kotaku shit, but I still doubt it.

It's a possibility that they couldn't make a MP3 demo in time for the event.

But maybe some sites like IGN have seen the game behind closed doors, who knows...

Zeed

Banned
farnham said:
Im still amazed that people think that Nintendo will back down from their "we will not release any new info on any game until E3" attitude..

E3 is dead lol.

Jenga

Banned
farnham said:

'Cause e3 is dead?

CaVaYeRo

man, everytime I play Strikers online, I pray for this to have a good 4 players online mode.

Strikers works great, so I want more modes, more and more serious charts, some kind of communication and worldwide support. That's all, I can use FCs again. Because when Brawl meets online, I will spend the next... 4-5 years at home.

Damn it Nintendo! just BE online!

You know it sells!!!!

**goes back to recover his 30th place at Strikers ranking**

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
mario_070523b-l.jpg

:( I wish they would put some eye animations in the game. Would it be so hard to make the characters look at the enemy they just hit?

superbank said:
mario_070523b-l.jpg

:( I wish they would put some eye animations in the game. Would it be so hard to make the characters look at the enemy they just hit?

Are you honestly complaining about this...? You don't even NOTICE the eyes while playing the game.

superbank said:
mario_070523b-l.jpg

Mario doesn't need to look. He just beats ass and moves on.

And speaking of which, I'd like to see Mario even try to twist his body/head in order to see Link behind him.

Oblivion

EktorPR said:
There's nothing to be confused with. Nintendo only announced the revamp of the Smash Dojo website, nothing more, nothing less.

What about that Nintendo gamer's day thing on the 22nd and 23rd?

ant1532

Banned
BrandNew said:
Are you honestly complaining about this...? You don't even NOTICE the eyes while playing the game.
Well, you got to admit, it would be a neat touch. The more little touches like that makes the better picture overall.

Never thought about it till now but that would be way cool

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
BrandNew said:

Yes? Its just something I saw from the screenshots. Maybe I won't notice it during gameplay but theres probably a fuller picture taking mode (+ online picture sharing) and it will be noticeable then.

Little details are still nice even if you don't notice them some of the time.

Talladega Knight said:
And speaking of which, I'd like to see Mario even try to twist his body/head in order to see Link behind him.

He doesn't need to be looking right at him, just in the general direction. His eyes could be looking to the right and that would be good enough.

EktorPR

Oblivion said:
What about that Nintendo gamer's day thing on the 22nd and 23rd?

It happened, but it wasn't officially announced by Nintendo to the world. It was a closed media event, informed to us by leaks and some gaffers. The embargo ends this friday though, so supposedly all information will be out in the open by then.

ant1532

Banned
If NiGHTS was in the game imagine how crazy how stage would be. It would rotate as you walk along the stage like the levels in the game and just have a big gap which doesn't connect the level. (like imagine final destination on a piece of paper rolled but the ends not touching each other.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
TheGreatDave said:
It's a good game, but God...going through Clock Town is just a painful 15fps ball of ugly straight to the face.
Honestly, the framerates of some games from the DC/PS2/Xbox/GC generation bothered me a lot more than any games from the N64/PS/Saturn generation (ie: SotC.)

ant1532

Banned
I love how it's updated everyday. I can't wait for tomorrows!

I'm hoping for the Game Modes section to open, but I'm expecting the Items section to be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom