• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaimeGuy said:
Honestly, the framerates of some games from the DC/PS2/Xbox/GC generation bothered me a lot more than any games from the N64/PS/Saturn generation (ie: SotC.)

I beat one guy in SotC and that was it. I was done. I couldn't play it.

At the time frame rats on the N64 didn't bother me. Going back, they're unbearable.

superbank said:
mario_070523b-l.jpg

:( I wish they would put some eye animations in the game. Would it be so hard to make the characters look at the enemy they just hit?

What? I'm not too familiar with Smash's moves, but he's spinning in a circle yeah? When you're moving that fast, you don't generally focus your eyes on any spot since the world in spinning.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
RiskyChris said:
What? I'm not too familiar with Smash's moves, but he's spinning in a circle yeah? When you're moving that fast, you don't generally focus your eyes on any spot since the world in spinning.
Yeah, it's either his running normal attack (slides into the opponent), or his down-smash basically spinning in a circle, catching everything with his feet)

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
GaimeGuy said:
Yeah, it's either his running normal attack (slides into the opponent), or his down-smash basically spinning in a circle, catching everything with his feet)

That's his running slide attack.

ant1532

Banned
superbank said:
That's his running slide attack.
Yep

Also, Kojima supposedly mentioned Smash in the latest Hideochan about the updates by Sakurai and here is supposedly and translation but I hear it's actually from Gamefaqs... "/ (found out about it at Smashboards

Well here it is

OK, I looked through it (I admit somewhat quickly).

As a note, it was somewhat hard for me to follow because parts of the interview are excised.

Sakurai talks about how they got various composers. Basically the entire thing is about music actually. He seems to say they'll be using an arranged version of the "Theme of Love" (Ai no Teema) from Metal Gear Solid 4. Someone (Kojima I assume?) mentions a Metal Gear piece of music called "Calling to the Night" that's popular in the series (I'm not a Metal Gear buff <<). He says either it seems like they will, or he's heard that they will, (not sure how to interpret it) use it in Smash Brothers. Sakurai affirms that he'll be updating "day by day, little by little." For his final word, he says to people to please anticipate the game.

Nothing really interesting besides the Metal Gear music, unless I misread / missed something.

So we got some more confirmed info when it comes to music. Im interested in hearing these pieces

And this is Calling to Night

Eteric Rice said:
Did he really say "Please anticipate the game."

Because I don't think our bodies could handle any further anticipation.

Yeah. I don't think he truly understands the raw desire that many of us feel for it. :lol

Zyid said:
Oddly enough I can see that working quite well as a battle theme. It may be slow, but it'll give a surreal feeling to the combat.
It would be really dramatic to fight to it, but at the same time, I don't know if that's the feeling they want to go for.

It would be interesting to have one or two stages that just feel outright epic, though.

Zeed

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
It would be really dramatic to fight to it, but at the same time, I don't know if that's the feeling they want to go for.
Wouldn't hurt to have some variety. With a composer list that long, I'd expect that they'll have a lot of different styles to fight to.

Jeeze, makes me wonder how long the credits will be.

thefro

ShockingAlberto said:

It would be interesting to have one or two stages that just feel outright epic, though.

If you remember his comments on the main theme from Uematsu, they're certainly going for an epic feel in this one.

Jiggy

If the Pollyanna song (albeit sans lyrics) and the Fourside theme, both from the Mother series, I could totally see Calling to the Night in there--even with lyrics I think it'd be wonderful. And I say this as someone who's never heard it before now, so I have no nostalgia attached to it... [Edit: Obvious I never heard it considering I accidentally got its name wrong the first time.]

And as for less serious songs, I mean--we've had the DK Rap and the Balloon Fight theme. Nothing's ever "out of place" in Smash Bros.

Espada

ShockingAlberto said:

Actually, I could see it happening. You could simply have the stage move slowly, like some kind of elevator going up, and if it's matched with the music it'll have some "peak" of awesome before settling back down somewhat.

Or maybe I just want something nice to gawk at.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
WastingPenguins said:
4 hours, 20 minutes until Japan Time!

I'm expecting 3 more characters!

The best thing I could hope for, honestly, would be to have the cast from the last game (plus the already announced new characters) plus an aquivalent number of 3rd party characters: Megaman, Simon Belmont, Sonic, Crono, Ryu, Nights, Bo Jackson ...

Each shot makes me want this game so bad, I feel like a crackhead going through withdraws. I need it, got to have it. Whats with the complaining Mario eye's, when I'm playing Melee, I've never given much thought about where Mario is placing his eyes.

If there are pokeballs in this version, I wonder what the effects will look like after the pokemon appears.

Nintendo just give us loyal Smash fans a trailer, thats not to much to ask for. Are we not important to your bottom line.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
WastingPenguins said:
Guys we can use science to figure this out, 3am EST one night, 5am EST the next, this means megaton comes at 4am EST tonight. Begin countdown!!

It's not hard. I explained in the other thread:

By sometime today we will know tomorrow what happened yesterday in a day from now. Why is that so hard to understand?

fernoca

Remember also that it's supposed to read: (Japan Time)

With the parenthesis... (i.e. "the update will be at 12PM (Japan Time))

Though, more like:
(Japan Time) ©, seeing as this 'time' is also exclsuive to the Smash team.

ant1532

Banned
THIS MUCH JAPAN TIME LEFT.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Raging Spaniard said:
I'm expecting 3 more characters!

The best thing I could hope for, honestly, would be to have the cast from the last game (plus the already announced new characters) plus an aquivalent number of 3rd party characters: Megaman, Simon Belmont, Sonic, Crono, Ryu, Nights, Bo Jackson ...
Talk about false hype and getting ready to own yourself in disappointment.

Jiggy

OG_Original Gamer said:
Each shot makes me want this game so bad, I feel like a crackhead going through withdraws. I need it, got to have it. Whats with the complaining Mario eye's, when I'm playing Melee, I've never given much thought about where Mario is placing his eyes.
Yeah, SSB is basically the opposite of WWE Smackdown games: more time seems to be spent on the animation than on the still character models.

Nabs

Whatever you do, don't watch the SSBB trailer again (from last year). It'll just make it hurt more.

Mario could have his eyes removed and placed on his insanely large nose and I wouldn't give a shit. Just make sure it runs smoothly and the effects are perdy.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ant1532 said:
THIS MUCH JAPAN TIME LEFT.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Talk about false hype and getting ready to own yourself in disappointment.

haha, Im just saying "best case scenario" Honestly if Snake ends up being the only 3rd party character Im fine too, as long as the game plays great

radiuhm

I actually like that Calling to the night, I think it would be perfect for a stage like that kirby one in Melee with the water fountain, I think it's called dream water falls. Man I am so ready for this game, I've never been so hyped about a game.

I hope any third party character added is completely silly and over the top. Like Leon or something. Sonic, Megaman and all those shitty characters don't belong in this celebration of video game awesomeness.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I ****ing hate this "Japan Time" joke. It's been milked way too much, and it's only been around for like 36 hours.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
TheGreatDave said:
I hope any third party character added is completely silly and over the top. Like Leon or something. Sonic, Megaman and all those shitty characters don't belong in this celebration of video game awesomeness.

But imagine how fun it would be to pummel Sonic for being worthless all these years.

And what's wrong with Mega Man? :(

Tristam

TheGreatDave said:

>_>

I don't know why people have been seriously predicting appearances like Crono. C'mon guys, black mage? Ryu? Simon Belmont? You need characters whose inherent abilities translate into sensible movesets, and, moreover, fit the overall "Smash Bros. theme" well. Sonic and Megaman fill the bill quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom