• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

EktorPR

Tristam said:
>_>

I don't know why people have been seriously predicting appearances like Crono. C'mon guys, black mage? Ryu? Simon Belmont? You need characters whose inherent abilities translate into sensible movesets, and, moreover, fit the overall "Smash Bros. theme" well. Sonic and Megaman fill the bill quite nicely.

MegaMan would only be a Samus clone...

The one I'm most interested is Sonic, although his last shitty games have put him in a bad position.

Firestorm

Tristam said:
>_>

I don't know why people have been seriously predicting appearances like Crono. C'mon guys, black mage? Ryu? Simon Belmont? You need characters whose inherent abilities translate into sensible movesets, and, moreover, fit the overall "Smash Bros. theme" well. Sonic and Megaman fill the bill quite nicely.

Crono would fit pretty well actually. We already have Marth and Link... He wouldn't be all too out of place with them around. He would be the best Square Enix representative other than Geno.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The only other 3rd party character that should show up is Sonic. No one else belongs, despite how cool it may be

Tristam

EktorPR said:

The one I'm most interested is Sonic, although his last shitty games have put him in a bad position.

Only to the extent of a charge beam. Remember Mega Man's slide from his old games? Since he has a dash, make him an even easier character to wavedash with than Luigi. That or a mid-air dash could be used for recovery, a la Mega Man X3.

EktorPR

Firestorm said:
Crono would fit pretty well actually. We already have Marth and Link... He wouldn't be all too out of place with them around. He would be the best Square Enix representative other than Geno.

Or Cloud Strife. Let's be real here, he's possibly the most recognized Final Fantasy character this side of the Atlantic.

ColdBlooded33 said:
The only other 3rd party character that should show up is Sonic. No one else belongs, despite how cool it may be

If Sonic's got the Olympics game with Mario, just leave it at that. I don't know why, but Sonic being in Smash Bros. simply offends me.

ant1532

Banned
EktorPR said:

You think they would get the rights from Capcom and put in a million seller franchise mascot in the game and not make him unique? If so you gotta be an idiot.

radiuhm

ant1532 said:
You think they would get the rights from Capcom and put in a million seller franchise mascot in the game and not make him unique? If so you gotta be an idiot.

Lol kinda harsh; but I get your point, but hey Ant get ready to lose to me when Smash comes out. hell I'll take care of you when Battle Revolutions comes out. Just a heads up :D .

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
No one should be suprised to see some Dragon Quest reference in Brawl, but again, I'm just speculating.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Personally, I'd prefer it if there weren't any third party characters, period.

ant1532

Banned
radiuhm said:
Lol kinda harsh; but I get your point, but hey Ant get ready to lose to me when Smash comes out. hell I'll take care of you when Battle Revolutions comes out. Just a heads up :D .
I'll take you on that battle. How bout loser gets a 2 week ban? :D (seriously, I'll do it if you're up to it)

Speevy

Banned
Oblivion said:
Personally, I'd prefer it if there weren't any third party characters, period.

Well, we know Nintendo is going to let us down with respect to putting lesser known fan favorites in there, like Olimar, Little Mac, etc.

So what else is left?

radiuhm

ant1532 said:
I'll take you on that battle. How bout loser gets a 2 week ban? :D (seriously, I'll do it if you're up to it)

Woah woah woah, lets not get too serious; just some friendly competition :)
I don't want to be banned for 2 weeks.

EktorPR

ant1532 said:

Of course not. Still, I just don't see the option of MegaMan that attractive to begin with.

ant1532

Banned
radiuhm said:
Woah woah woah, lets not get too serious; just some friendly competition :)
I don't want to be banned for 2 weeks.
:lol, friendly?? What is that??? Just kiddin lol, sure I'll beat, i mean play ya.

Anyone wanna take that offer up though? :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
EktorPR said:
Of course not. Still, I just don't see the option of MegaMan that attractive to begin with.

Well, thats your problem. Hes a super iconic character and has a look that would fit pretty well with the games art direction. Would be an awesome choice

EktorPR

Raging Spaniard said:
Well, thats your problem. Hes a super iconic character and has a look that would fit pretty well with the games art direction. Would be an awesome choice

Um, I know Raging Spaniard. I was only submitting my personal opinion on the matter. If he ends up being part of the character roster for Brawl I'll welcome him with open arms, but I can think of many other characters (Viewtiful Joe, anyone?) which would be more attractive *for me* to end up in his place.

Megaman has no character. This is my problem with half these third party characters, Nintendo's stuff generally has an understated likeability, even something as ****ing simple as Falco or Kibry is portrayed in such a way that they're welcome additions. Megaman...he's just a robot with a dumb face. Why would I enjoy seeing him? Look at him:

MegamanBig.jpg

He looks retarded.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Speevy said:
Well, we know Nintendo is going to let us down with respect to putting lesser known fan favorites in there, like Olimar, Little Mac, etc.

So what else is left?

Yeah, that's true, I suppose.

TheGreatDave said:
Megaman has no character. This is my problem with half these third party characters, Nintendo's stuff generally has an understated likeability, even something as ****ing simple as Falco or Kibry is portrayed in such a way that they're welcome additions. Megaman...he's just a robot with a dumb face. Why would I enjoy seeing him? Look at him:

MegamanBig.jpg

He looks retarded.

What if they used Mega Man X?

radiuhm

TheGreatDave said:

MegamanBig.jpg

He looks retarded.

:lol Yea I kinda agree with you, he looks clunky and would seem out of place in Brawl visually atleast. Right now I'm really interested in PIT.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
TheGreatDave said:

megaman.jpg

He looks retarded.

Wow youre actually saying one of the most time tested character designs of all time sucks? Damn

@ektor, gotcha :)

ant1532

Banned
They would definetly not use MegaMan X. If they put in someone from the Megaman franchise they would put in Megaman.

EktorPR

radiuhm said:
:lol Yea I kinda agree with you, he looks clunky and would seem out of place in Brawl visually atleast. Right now I'm really interested in PIT.

Pit. Pit. PIT. I'm really interested in him, too. :D

TheGreatDave said:

MegamanBig.jpg

He looks retarded.
FYAD

radiuhm

EktorPR said:
Pit. Pit. PIT. I'm really interested in him, too. :D

Yea man he looks really interesting, I'm wondering how they'll do the bow/dual swords thing that was in the trailer or how it'll be implemented.

Raging Spaniard said:
Wow youre actually saying one of the most time tested character designs of all time sucks? Damn

@ektor, gotcha :)

I kinda like the in-game art of most Megaman games. But the character (not specifically the visual design) itself...what's to like? "Hi, I'm Megaman, I'm a robot and I want to help people". Big ****ing deal. There's nothing about him that makes me want to use him in a fighting game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah Classic Megaman wont work.

If you go with Megaman, you go with X

art2pe.jpg

Or Even Better:

250px-Zero_mmx.jpg

For the Simple fact he could have an awesome move set. But Zero would never happen without X

tristam said:

like snake?

Linkup

I think with today's update we can expect them to drag this out until launch. Give us something other than Kirby and Pikachu updates tonight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Linkup said:
I think with today's update we can expect them to drag this out until launch. Give us something other than Kirby and Pikachu updates tonight.
10:1 odds favoring kirby and pikachu.

PkunkFury

GaimeGuy said:
10:1 odds favoring kirby and pikachu.

is Kriby in any of the screens on the site yet? I think we may actually get Wario first, since he's everywhere

and I can't beleive you guys think Megaman wouldn't fit in a fighting game that is composed entirely of iconic video game characters :\

ant1532

Banned
Anyone who says Megaman can't fit into Smash needs to think it over.

Snake is in Smash. But the original Megaman won't fit. Yeah. Suuuure... ;)

ant1532 said:
Anyone who says Megaman can't fit into Smash needs to think it over.

Snake is in Smash. But the original Megaman won't fit. Yeah. Suuuure... ;)

seriously, if snake is in it, any iconic game character can possibly be in it, regardless if they would fit or not.

any

Xeke

Banned
EktorPR said:
Or Cloud Strife. Let's be real here, he's possibly the most recognized Final Fantasy character this side of the Atlantic.

Because he has ever been on a Nintendo console...

ShockingAlberto said:
oh noes how will Mega Man ever fit in to a fighting game

Oh man screw Megaman, give me Tron Bonne and Dan.

Just thinking about a SSBB that would include those two makes it seem regrettable they don't just throw caution to the win and try to throw in every character ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom