• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Neo Child

Banned
Krowley said:
Are you just trying to make wii owners feel bad? What's the motivation?

You're starting to break my spirit here.. Should I sell my wii?

Noo, Wii is ****ing amazing. It has a top notch line up, just give it time.

PantherLotus said:
Knock it off already and lets keep this to an apples v apples comparison.

Alright, this looks shit compared to Super Mario Galaxy. Generic characters look like they're filled with teen angst + teen(age) pregnan(cy)t. CC had charm.

KINGMOKU

Neo Child said:
Noo, Wii is ****ing amazing. It has a top notch line up, just give it time.

Alright, this looks shit compared to Super Mario Galaxy. Generic characters look like they're filled with teen angst + teen(age) pregnan(cy)t. CC had charm.
:lol

We get it already. Wearing thin is an understatment at this point.

BTW, I'd be willing to pay 100$ for GEOWARS. Why? Just to anger people.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Amir0x said:
Of course it's legit for them to charge whatever they want. But if they do charge "whatever they want", and what they want is more than 20 bucks, then it's legitimate for others to express discontentment when other versions are available for $5 and in the already noted high definition benefit.
Yeah well, I suppose that is the shareware business model at work. Or something close anyways.

KINGMOKU

Amir0x said:
You wouldn't be angering anyone, though. More likely make people laugh very hard.
Oh, I think I would anger you.

That would be worth it, alone. Screw the game.

On a side note, where have you been Amir0x? You seem to have vanished from most game topics.

dogonfire

Smiles and Cries said:
uh I think wiitard and ntard should be banned, frankly I feel insulted having to read such retarded langauge on GAF

I agree, a lot of the conversation here is high quality, but stupidity like that really drags it down into gamefaqs territory. It's juvenile namecalling.

And why do people keep pointing out that 360 games look better? We've known for a year now that the Wii doesn't compare to 360/PS3 so why does this have to be brought up in every single Wii thread? It's a waste of time wading through that crap.

Eteric Rice

Neo Child said:
HOLY SHI.. oh wait:

318892555_0b6e17249c_o.jpg

GWG better be a ****ing downloadable title, i'm not paying 10x the cost for it on the Wii.

Edit: Oh, is that the DS version?

While of course the 360 version looks better, you have to remember that the Wii is an SD system. Most of the aliasing or whatever won't really be seen.

No worries.

And I'm going to take a guess that GWG is going to be a downloadable title like Impossible Mission.

KINGMOKU

Amir0x said:
Anger doesn't mean the same as "humour", mr. moku.

I'm playing LOTRO and working, summer means more work for me.
Well, I hope you enjoy your work at least. Nothing worse then woriking your butt off, at a job you hate. UGH.

I miss arguing with you thats all :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Request: can you guys quoting the 360 screen edit it out please? Thanks and lets keep this thread on track.

===================

I found these screens from the last page particularly good and definitely encouraging:

Opoona looks fantastic. Excellent color scheme and very cute character design. Definitely in the same realm as a Dragon Quest in terms of style.

scr_134.jpg

FFCC, at least in this shout, could definitely be a double for FFXII--and there's nothing wrong with that. If FFCC matches FFXII pound-for-pound on the visual scale, Wii owners are in for a definitely nice treat. Wait till you see it in motion. Just wait.

50841520070525_142718_4_big.jpg

And oh boy. I don't particularly care about the game (Pokemon stadium redux?), but holy shit this looks good. This game looks legitimately next-gen, or in the very least something "that the GC couldn't do."

137350082820070525131019.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
While of course the 360 version looks better, you have to remember that the Wii is an SD system. Most of the aliasing or whatever won't really be seen.

No worries.

And I'm going to take a guess that GWG is going to be a downloadable title like Impossible Mission.

If you notice the 360 version has glows on the enemies which aren't present on the Wii version. I don't even have a HDTV so I don't really care much for the improved resolution, I'm just comparing a game to another similar game, I dont see why the Wii couldn handle it.

And about the whole downloadable titles, werent we told it was gunna be a $5-$10 charge or something? When was IM confirmed for downlaod?

wsippel

Banned
Krowley said:
Story based mode
Multiplay and coop (presumably online)
Since Kuju London is developing this, online is quite likely I think. Who's publishing the game, thougn? Nintendo? Kujus homepage said something about the London studios working on three projects for a certain first party publisher...

PantherLotus said:
Opoona

HOLY SHIT. YEAH I SAID IT BITCHES.
That looks like one serious acid trip.

Eteric Rice said:

No worries.

Disc-based.

Top Bottom