• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeceitDecide said:
Anyone else notice that Wario doesn't have his hand anywhere near the trigger on the super scope?

Not that it matters, but the trigger is acutally on top of the Super Scope directly under his hand.

v1cious

Banned
what's so special about Final Smash? it just looks like the same thing they showed in the E3 trailer. they should have made it more like Power Stone

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
OH SHI-

This really changes the mechanics of the game. For the better. :)

Wario looks sort of weird though. He should hold it more normally.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Darunia said:
This thread will probably reach 50 pages before something worthwhile is added to that site
you know, there's more to smash than just the characters or the stages ;)

(Not that I'm NOT clamoring for character/stage updates)

Being able to walk and fire with the super scope sounds perfect for closing the distance on long-range characters like Samus. Just keep firing and walking towards them until you can throw the super scope away and beat their ass.

superbank

Hmm, now that I think about it running backwards is probably limited. Either you have to shoot first and then run in the opposite direction while continuously shooting or you have to hold A and then run in the opposite direction.

Or a lock-on function or Wiimote pointer/tilt decides which way your character is facing.
:lol

OriGiN

Banned
LOL, anyone who complains about these updates makes themselves look like a GIANT DOUCHE!

smalldouche.jpg

I don't fully understand the idea behind Final Smash.

Can someone explain to me what it is? From the description it seems like it might be gesture-based....is this true?

Moving while shooting is an interesting change that will make things a lot different. I don't see it as a positive or negative, just, different.

Tritroid

wow, if the Super Scope still traps victims in the line of fire...and the shooter is able to move with victims trying to escape, then that's madness. :lol

Screenboy

snack said:
I don't fully understand the idea behind Final Smash.

Can someone explain to me what it is? From the description it seems like it might be gesture-based....is this true?

its an item, when you get hold of it your character can do a 'Final Smash' move (I don't know how but doubt its gesture-based).

fernoca

Godness!
Is like people are looking for any thing to confirm that the game can only be played with "waggle"... :lol

Sakurai said from the beginning that his intention was not to alienate fans/players of the original games, which is why he was going to include support for both the GameCube Controller and the Classic Controller...

But since is a Wii game, of course it needs "waggle".. :D
Is like Mortal Kombat Armageddon. The game supports both Classic and GameCube controllers yet, all the videos and demostrations are based on the "waggle"..

So, if anything gives the indiciation it will 'gesture based', well..maybe it is... :)

Awesome update. Not because I care about running while shooting, but because it added a Techniques sub-section to the How To Play section. Characters and stages are great, but I'm just as eager to see how the game PLAYS differently.

Neomoto

Cool that you can move while firing with the super scope. Seems more likely by the day (lol) that Brawl is getting the "full threatment".

Oh and I don't know how many times this has been discussed, but I saw some relating posts above so I would just like to say that Nintendo would be ****ing stupid to not make use of the Wii controller setup. Of course, that doesn't mean add in waggle but just use the layout of that configuration to let players play the game. It's one of the biggest Wii games this year and most likely in it's lifecycle and this is the first time the powerfranchise is coming on a console that's actually very succesfull and has a good change at being the marketleader, and a showcase for online play. If Nintendo were to force people to only play with a gamecube or classic controller, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.. twice.

Scoop-Li

With the recent website update about final smashes, I had an idea. In a way, would final smashes be sort of similar to the legendary pokemon attacks in Melee? Final smashes appear to be more personal, probably more powerful and you can only use them once in a battle, unlike the pokeball item. Could they possibly use final smashes as a way to reduce (or get rid of) legendary pokemon attacks?

superbank

Scoop-Li said:
With the recent website update about final smashes, I had an idea. In a way, would final smashes be sort of similar to the legendary pokemon attacks in Melee? Final smashes appear to be more personal, probably more powerful and you can only use them once in a battle, unlike the pokeball item. Could they possibly use final smashes as a way to reduce (or get rid of) legendary pokemon attacks?

No, pokemon are still in.

My theory is that once you grab the item Final Smashes charge up over time and releases itself without the players input, giving the other 3 players a chance to knock out the Final Smasher or run for cover.

Jiggy

Scoop-Li said:
Legendaries are random but rare, and when throwing a Poke Ball you never know what's coming out; with final smashes you know exactly what'll happen. I'd have to say the hierarchy runs something like this, with each item being important and not reduced in any way:

Poke Balls (will usually not produce a devastating attack) < Hammer (always powerful, but head sometimes falls off and leaves you at a disadvantage for a few seconds) < Final Smash (always powerful, no foreseeable disadvantage, but only usable once)

stilgar

GaimeGuy said:
It would be AWESOME is the Starman/Super Starman/Starman Deluxe/Ghost of Starman was a character in Brawl.

Wouldn't it, Amir0x?

no, please no. I hate the starman, and, and... starman deluxe makes me afraid o_O; I'd prefer koopa or something that you can kill only by jumping on it :)

JCX

I hope fox keeps the same moveset so he will be able to throw the gooey bomb on himself, then forward B it onto someone else.

Now I remember. Final Smashes will probably remain dormant until the person chooses to use it. Who knows, maybe it'll be a button sequence for each character, like a simple sequence. A+B+Forward+Forward, for example.

2Dcube

We should play a little game.

Everyone predicts what the next update 'll be (what type: item, character, stage, etc, and which: gooey ball, sonic, etc etc). The person that is right after an update gets a point.

This could then go on till the release and... the person with the most points will at least be famous on GAF! (and that's what it's all about, admit it).

I predict the next update is a stage, and it's Snake's stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom