• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sakurai is using advanced satellite spying technology to update the site the moment I call it quits and go to bed, because it NEVER updates when I stay up. Bed time!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Damnit why does Sakurai hate us, in his twisted contrived way? "Oh sure I'll give you updates... BUT YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY HAPPEN! HOPE YOU CAN STAY UP TILL 6 AM BITCHES!!"

-_- [groan]

7d3a7c0426.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
After all is said and done, I wonder how big this thread will be after taking out the posts about waiting for japan time to happen.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
sp0rsk said:
After all is said and done, I wonder how big this thread will be after taking out the posts about waiting for japan time to happen.
About as big as the Halo 3 beta thread, counting only post-beta release posts, I'd say.

sp0rsk said:

Hey sp0rsk, as long as we're banning played-out unfunny memes, how about dropping the banstick, or at least the STFUalreadystick, on the guys beating "Japan Time" into the ground?

I bet one day he updates "Notices" just to **** with us

something like

NOTICE: I did not feel like updating today — come back tomorrow -Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.)

Nintaiyo

BrodiemanTTR said:
Hey sp0rsk, as long as we're banning played-out unfunny memes, how about dropping the banstick, or at least the STFUalreadystick, on the guys beating "Japan Time" into the ground?

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to take another 5-6 months of "lol japan time". Hopefully it'll just die out...

Firecracker Launcher!

item02_070531a.jpg

This is a shooting item. Basically, you hold it your arms.

item02_070531b-l.jpg

After you grab this item, it’ll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.

item02_070531c-l.jpg

You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.

You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.

item02_070531d-l.jpg

Be safe and sane when playing with fireworks.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Firecracker Launcher!

item02_070531a.jpg

This is a shooting item. Basically, you hold it your arms.

item02_070531b-l.jpg

After you grab this item, it’ll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.

item02_070531c-l.jpg

You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.

You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.

item02_070531d-l.jpg

Be safe and sane when playing with fireworks.

:lol Mario is not big anough to handle this item !

scottnak

Wii said:
Ok, so either we need to play with Nunchuk+Remote, Classic Controller or GCN Controller.
Which... pretty much what we all expected right? I think.
I get confused with all the bickering that has gone on with these controlling issues.

:lol and :O at the last image!

PkunkFury

it's encouraging to see them putting lots of thought into creative items and how item gameplay works, despite the fact that the hardcore tourney fighters shun item use. I'll bet Sakurai is hoping to get people using them again

Game-Biz said:
Yes, dammit. No holding the Wiimote sideways.

Yes.

How did people honestly think the game would use the Wiimote sideways?
There aren't even close to enough buttons, even with motion control...
Man, people overreact more, please.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Game-Biz said:
Yes, dammit. No holding the Wiimote sideways.

Yes.

I dont know why people believed this to begin with. Wii-mote & Nunchuck was a given. But this is a nice confirmation to end all this jabber about SSBB getting a gimped control scheme.

NotWii

Banned
scottnak said:
Which... pretty much what we all expected right? I think.
I get confused with all the bickering that has gone on with these controlling issues.

:lol and :O at the last image!
Yes, but it at least rules out sideways remote, unless that's like a ultra simplified control scheme for n00bs

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah I think the bigger news here is that Nunchuk+"vertically" held Wiimote is all but confirmed to be the default control option. I'm down with that.

Also, the Cracker Launcher sounds cool. If anything, it'll be visually enthralling.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.

Oh hells yeah. Now we got it. He would say d-pad if wiimote-turned-sideways is the setup they're pushing to the masses. Wiimote + nunchuck FTW.

This is a pretty cool item too. Can't wait to use it.

Neo Child

Banned
Danthrax said:
Yeah I think the bigger news here is that Nunchuk+"vertically" held Wiimote is all but confirmed to be the default control option. I'm down with that.

Yeh:
Control Stick = Move, Jump (though I dont like Up for jump)
Attack = A
Special Moves = B
Grab = C
Shield = Z
Smash Attacks = D-Pad?

What else do you need?

methodman

Banned
I agree with yours, except I think waggle is going to be jump. Since they allow you to move around + jump with weapons, I think up/down on the control stick will be for aiming where you are shooing, while you move the wiimote to jump

Neo Child

Banned
methodman said:
I agree with yours, except I think waggle is going to be jump. Since they allow you to move around + jump with weapons, I think up/down on the control stick will be for aiming where you are shooing, while you move the wiimote to jump

Or take out the D-Pad smashes in my idea and replace the D-Pad buttons for jumping. I tried it out now, it's easy to reach with your thumb on 'A' aswell.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Neo Child said:
Or take out the D-Pad smashes in my idea and replace the D-Pad buttons for jumping. I tried it out now, it's easy to reach with your thumb on 'A' aswell.

Dpad Down = Jump
Dpad Left Right Up = 3 separate taunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom