• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: It has been a while so can someone remind me how do you unlock hidden characters in Smash?

I was just thinking that this website may never give us a full list of playable Characters
keeping some very secret ones out of the loop

We also had to unlock stages right?

justchris

Also, you can actually smash with the control stick. That's kinda, sorta how it's done. The C-Stick smashes were just a simplification. Save the D-pad for the jump button and taunts.

I don't think I like this particular item. It seems extraneous, and I don't see it being that useful in game. Certainly not as big a tactical change as yesterday's update (run & gun FTW).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah I was gonna say, you forgot taunts in your setup. They're necessary. =P

I really hope they keep Jump mapped to pressing up on the control stick. That's the only way I play. I might be able to get used to waggling, though.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Danthrax said:
Yeah I was gonna say, you forgot taunts in your setup. They're necessary. =P

I really hope they keep Jump mapped to pressing up on the control stick. That's the only way I play. I might be able to get used to waggling, though.

I hope they have an option in the control setup to turn off jumping with the control stick. It sucks when you use X and Y to jump but you get screwed over if you try to do an up attack and you don't time it exactly.

And with 3 taunts you could have fast/medium/slow taunts. Pulling off Mario's taunt in Melee without getting hit is pretty hard but doing fox's taunt is so fun.

Neo Child

Banned
justchris said:
Also, you can actually smash with the control stick. That's kinda, sorta how it's done. The C-Stick smashes were just a simplification. Save the D-pad for the jump button and taunts.

Yeh, I just meant for an alternative, as some people prefer C-Stick smashes. I never use them personally but oh well.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Neo Child said:
Yeh, I just meant for an alternative, as some people prefer C-Stick smashes. I never use them personally but oh well.
No C-stick = cry :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
superbank said:
And with 3 taunts you could have fast/medium/slow taunts. Pulling off Mario's taunt in Melee without getting hit is pretty hard but doing fox's taunt is so fun.
There is only one taunt needed and that taunt is "Show your moves!"

superbank

BGBW said:
There is only one taunt needed and that taunt is "Show your moves!"

00C8000000386908.jpg

Come on!

edit: Man fox's new model is so ugly. :(

edit2: Except for his big round ass. Sakurai knows whats up. :lol

Neo Child

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Isn't it like... Impossible to do Smash on the Wii mote?

Wouldn't it be... Ya know... Uncomfortable to play?

Um, no?

Move the control stick in a direction and hold 'A'.

Whats so hard? It's easy when i try it.

justchris

GaimeGuy said:
No C-stick = cry :(

Eh, I never touch the C-stick smashes. Regular smashing is fast enough with practice, and you can hold smashes that way, too, which is a really nice technique, especially in 4-player games.

radiuhm

You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.

So Sakurai pretty much confirmed the use of game cube controllers right, I don't see what other controller that Nintendo has that can do this. Am I right?

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
radiuhm said:
So Sakurai pretty much confirmed the use of game cube controllers right, I don't see what other controller that Nintendo has that can do this. Am I right?
uuuuh...
launchguide_nunchuck.jpg

??

radiuhm

Sorry, for me when I hear control stick I think C-Stick, just always been like that growing up =/. Otherwise please ignore the comment that was made out of joy that this game might utilize the GC controller.

Visualante said:
It goes through so many people, I doubt it would get overlooked so easily.

Yet overlooked it was. I doubt they have a team of more than 4-5 people doing the website. They're probably pretty busy making the actual game.

ShinNL

Well, I'm not gonna read the whole topic, as I don't have any arguments about how formulas or whatever work in tournament play or whatever is being discussed right now...

But I just want to say these daily updates on the site are really great, always something new to read every day :)

I really hope all of this aiming and tilting stuff doesn't refer to motion controls. I hope all the aiming while moving stuff refers to the analog stick on the classic controller, or the C-stick on the GCN pad.

C-stick smashes are cheap get rid of them.

superbank

Visualante said:

It doesn't really matter though. They probably noticed after posting it and said:

(With Japanese phrases to make it more authentic)
"Are? We forgot to turn on the shadows Sakurai-san. Gomen."

"Ho? Ma ika. Just turn it on in the next batch of screens. Now get back to work! Sonic must be finished by November!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soneet said:
But I just want to say these daily updates on the site are really great, always something old/unimportant to read every day :)

Fixed.

Where's my Geno?

TheKingsCrown said:
Sakurai, if you are looking at this thread.....PLLLLLX make the next update a confirmation of online. Will give you sex, no questions asked.
I wouldn't be so excited for online. All the healthy socializing aspects go out the window. I say keep the resources squarely on the local multiplayer and get the game out the door. Save the online for something else down the road.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
why are people so afraid of motion controls in smash bros? Nintendo wont put motion controls in there just to do it for the sake of doing it. The motion controls will either be great for the gameplay or they aren't going to put them in. Has nintendo not earned your trust after all these years of AAA games?

Visualante said:

I doubt 99% of people would even notice, so I can believe it was overlooked. They probably just grabbed the model, put it in a stage and took a picture.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
goomba said:
Perhaps the IR pointer will be used as well?

Yeah it would be cool to use it for certain items, maybe a sniper rifle where you have cross hairs on the screen and can shoot people while playing.

evilromero said:
I wouldn't be so excited for online. All the healthy socializing aspects go out the window. I say keep the resources squarely on the local multiplayer and get the game out the door. Save the online for something else down the road.

...What? No, screw that, that was the excuse for the Gamecube one. The Wii version should not be without online if it can be helped, and "we just like local multiplayer better lol" isn't a valid reason. I know virtually no one locally to play Smash with. I know several people online I want to play Smash with. It's not like they're NOT going to include good local multiplayer anyway, so to hell with those who say, "You know what? Nevermind on the online Nintendo, it's OK." It's really not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom