• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkunkFury

I'm hoping they do online like Strikers, where you can only connect two machines to keep lag down, but you can still play 4 player co-op with two players on each machine. Can anyone who's played Strikers online comment on the lag, and if it would be passable for a game as frantic as smash?

anyone hoping for full on 4 system 4 player online should temper their expectations

Michan

TheKingsCrown said:
Sakurai, if you are looking at this thread.....PLLLLLX make the next update a confirmation of online. Will give you sex, no questions asked.

Hi, it's me on my GAF account. We'll have the sex first, then I'll announce info regarding the online structure.

Just PM me your address.

Proven

PkunkFury said:
I'm hoping they do online like Strikers, where you can only connect two machines to keep lag down, but you can still play 4 player co-op with two players on each machine. Can anyone who's played Strikers online comment on the lag, and if it would be passable for a game as frantic as smash?

anyone hoping for full on 4 system 4 player online should temper their expectations

I'd be surprised if they do online in any way but this. If they weren't willing to do a 4 Wii link up with Strikers (then again, giving the game type Strikers is, one on one makes more sense) then they probably won't do it for Smash Bros. if there'll be any lag.

Besides, tournament smashers prefer one on one matches, right?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So... the IGN article on Brawl says Nintendo is working closely with Konami on a Castlevania spin off.

Whats up with that?

Snake needs an enemy, and since Kojima-san is in control of the level design for his Metal Gear stage, we'd guess he'll be including some Metal Gear Solid stable mates, like Revolver Ocelot, Ninja or Liquid Snake. And since Nintendo's working closely with a Konami spin-off, we'd hope for vampire-slaying Simon Belmont to turn up somewhere, too. Of course, then you'd need a vampire to slay, which would suggest Dracula.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/793/793389p3.html

Dr.Hadji

Proven said:
I'd be surprised if they do online in any way but this. If they weren't willing to do a 4 Wii link up with Strikers (then again, giving the game type Strikers is, one on one makes more sense) then they probably won't do it for Smash Bros. if there'll be any lag.

Besides, tournament smashers prefer one on one matches, right?

Tournament smashers prefer 1v1 matches? Not all the time.

I prefer teams, because teams is in many ways more dynamic than 1v1 matches. Also, I have a brother so I'm never short of a partner.

Some people can't find a partner to commit with so that's why teams isn't a favorite.

Some people do like 1v1 the most though.

It's a mixed bag.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Soulcalibur Legends, Rygar, and Castlevania...

All going to be the same type of Wii spin-off action whippin' game from their respective franchise publishers :lol

Oh man, that's gonna be one hell of a brawl

Zierath

I think the Konami spin off thing refers to Kojima Productions, not a game. Spin off can refer to a company like that or The Pokemon Company which have been "spun off" from a parent company. Also it says they're working with a spin off not on a spin off.

it would suck if konami franchises were the only ones they included

especilaly since konami hasn't really supported nintendo in a long long time
Zierath said:
I think the Konami spin off thing refers to Kojima Productions, not a game. Spin off can refer to a company like that or The Pokemon Company which have been "spun off" from a parent company. Also it says they're working with a spin off not on a spin off.
that's more than probably what it is.... but they had to carefully pick their words just to mess with our heads :(

Linkup

Zierath said:

Maybe, but I'm getting a megaman vibe from all this

:lol

BGBW said:
928518_20061127_screen008.jpg

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!

:lol

WOW. It's bed time...

Firestorm

underfooter said:
I really hope all of this aiming and tilting stuff doesn't refer to motion controls. I hope all the aiming while moving stuff refers to the analog stick on the classic controller, or the C-stick on the GCN pad.

C-stick smashes are cheap get rid of them.

Hi, are you an idiot or is that just the alcohol talking?

Hero

I really hope IGN is bullshitting as usual. If Konami had Solid Snake, Liquid(or one of Snake's enemies), Simon, and then Dracula that would be pretty sad for a third party to get four characters in SSB:B.

Third party characters should be awesome exclusives, not just tossed in for lame endorsement.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So I just learned that Melee characters don't cast shadows either. Never noticed.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Man I want this game so bad it hurts.

I wonder how much extra content the game will have? Melee was filled to the brim with just so much stuff. Modes, missions, those trophies... etc etc

How long has Brawl been in development btw, does anyone know? I'm wondering if they're going to have enough time to incorporate as much content as Melee had?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hero said:
I really hope IGN is bullshitting as usual. If Konami had Solid Snake, Liquid(or one of Snake's enemies), Simon, and then Dracula that would be pretty sad for a third party to get four characters in SSB:B.

Third party characters should be awesome exclusives, not just tossed in for lame endorsement.
Their thinking also doesn't really make any sense. Do Marth and Roy have villains as playable characters? Ice Climbers? Game and Watch? Captain Falcon? Fox? Ness? Samus?

The only heroes who have rivals currently are Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu (if you count Mewtwo).

Firestorm

MrCheez said:
Man I want this game so bad it hurts.

I wonder how much extra content the game will have? Melee was filled to the brim with just so much stuff. Modes, missions, those trophies... etc etc

How long has Brawl been in development btw, does anyone know? I'm wondering if they're going to have enough time to incorporate as much content as Melee had?

Brawl's been in development since October 2005 I think it was. And I still haven't earned all the trophies in Melee >.>; Master Hand always screwed me over for No Damage Clear and I never got the 100 Coin Battles trophy.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Firestorm said:
Brawl's been in development since October 2005 I think it was. And I still haven't earned all the trophies in Melee >.>; Master Hand always screwed me over for No Damage Clear and I never got the 100 Coin Battles trophy.

I'm just happy I have the Helmetless Samus, Mario & Yoshi, and Tamagon trophies.

I had to hack existing Action Replay codes to create one that ONLY unlocked those 3 trophies and ONLY unlocked one of each. It was annoying.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DavidDayton said:
I'm just happy I have the Helmetless Samus, Mario & Yoshi, and Tamagon trophies.

I had to hack existing Action Replay codes to create one that ONLY unlocked those 3 trophies and ONLY unlocked one of each. It was annoying.
yes, because changing two or three characters in a two-line action replay code that you have provided for you is so hard. :lol

Linkup

Oblivion said:
So I just learned that Melee characters don't cast shadows either. Never noticed.

One of those small details you never notice.

I'm surprised some idiot hasn't asked for self-shadowing or something like that in ssbb. Where is my dynamic lighting!

Hero

MetatronM said:
Their thinking also doesn't really make any sense. Do Marth and Roy have villains as playable characters? Ice Climbers? Game and Watch? Captain Falcon? Fox? Ness? Samus?

The only heroes who have rivals currently are Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu (if you count Mewtwo).

Yeah, good point. I can see both Solid Snake and Simon Belmont coming from Konami, but I think Ocelot and Dracula would be pretty stupid characters.

Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man should be the only third party characters in the game.

Linkup

Hero said:
Yeah, good point. I can see both Solid Snake and Simon Belmont coming from Konami, but I think Ocelot and Dracula would be pretty stupid characters.

Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man should be the only third party characters in the game.

Dracula would be the perfect Marth/Roy replacement, just give him a sword to battle with and he's all set.

I don't get why people want sonic in the game, he'll be another pikachu.

Speevy

Banned
Linkup said:

There should be joke characters in the game. Like put Sonic in the game, but whenever he's in danger, he just runs 120 MPH off screen and commits suicide.

Linkup said:

Okay, I'll get this one.

Hi, are you an idiot or is that the alcohol talking?

No seriously, what in the world are you talking about? :lol

Linkup

WastingPenguins said:
Okay, I'll get this one.

Hi, are you an idiot or is that the alcohol talking?

No seriously, what in the world are you talking about? :lol

He isn't confirmed to be in the game for one. Unless his move set turns out un-expectantly decent he will get ignored and will be a mewtwo type addition to the game. I rarely played using pikachu and I doubt many others did. Lets just say I think he'll be a lame addition, until proven otherwise of course.

Linkup

I see people are getting wise about the update times. If I have to ride the hype train for another hour alone then so be it.

NEW MAP: ISLE DELFINO

This is the central town of Isle Delfino, the tropical setting of Super Mario Sunshine.

Wow! That blue ocean is bright on the eyes.

stage02_070601a-l.jpg

Ahh… It makes me want to swim.

This particular battle stage flies around the skies above the island.

stage02_070601b-l.jpg

Fly here and there as you look down on the town below.

After a thrilling landing, it becomes a normal battle stage.

stage02_070601c-l.jpg

There are several landing points.

This flight path repeats, providing great sightseeing and brawling.
The changing scenery is so beautiful, you get absorbed in it.

stage02_070601d-l.jpg

You really feel like a tourist!

Looks great!

Firestorm

Linkup said:
He isn't confirmed to be in the game for one. Unless his move set turns out un-expectantly decent he will get ignored and will be a mewtwo type addition to the game. I rarely played using pikachu and I doubt many others did. Lets just say I think he'll be a lame addition, until proven otherwise of course.

I rarely played as Link and I doubt many others did.

stop saying stupid things please

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Firestorm said:
I rarely played as Link and I doubt many others did.

stop saying stupid things please
you know, link is easily the most popular character in Melee in Japan. EASILY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom