• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

Hakaijuu 6

ihSbW36F2WCx8.png

Damn straight, you fucking idiot. You wanna save your childhood squeeze, do it on your own. Christ, and that's it for now I guess haha. Very fun read, now to check out Mahou Shoujo of the End . . .

Mahou Shoujo of the End 1

ibifeUpJbYyDC2.png

This looks promising.

Gintama 450

Last arc was meh. But July 6th is when the new Gintama movie opens in Japan. Oh goodness. The 300 million yen question. What would you do with all that money.

wonzo

Banned
Sinbad 9 END

sinbad9.png

how fitting this shitty series gets canned/hiatus'd so it can be re-serialize as a bi-weekly webcomic thing in september. you will not be missed (for now)

Magi 186

This reeks of endgame suff but if there's one thing Yumekui Merry taught me, it's that you should never underestimate a mangaka's ability to keep things going on.

Hantsu x Trash 13

Water Polo can be some truly dirty shit when you get down to it.

Nobunaga no Chef 33

If only PSN trophies were as cool. :(

wahjah moe 43

they really are playing up the creepy as hell incest angle ._.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 53-63

In the anime this was a laughable pathetic display of CG blocks on wheels running people over but i this it's an incredibly horrific wall of death utterly annihilating everything in its path. What makes it worse is the only way to fight back against them is to build barricades made out of shields, spears but mostly the mangled remains of their former comrades. Hell, after they've survived and beaten the War Chariots the manga decides to beat us over the head with just how futile and irrelevant their victory was in the face of everything.

Not even FKMT could possibly hope to out-zawa this series.

Kurita

Kingdom 1

I skimmed through it pretty quickly since I've watched the first episode of the anime last year.
But yeah, it's already way better just because of the art.

wonzo

Banned
Cat Soup 1
Yep, this is just as morbid and twisted as the TV shorts were.

Cat Soup 1

Awesome that this is finally getting translated. It feels different from the anime, but there isn't much to go off of so far and tbh I don't remember the anime all that well.
It's definitely just like the TV shorts but the 30 minute OVA was radically different. Well, going by this chapter anyway.

Yeah, this manga can get pretty grizzly.

Looks like Deadman Wonderland is the next manga to end this year (Septembers issue of the magazine).

Interval Zero 2
tumblr_mowctgTODd1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kima was mean at first but have warmed up to him a lot due to the various events, still a bit one sided where action is involved but the ending snuggle of sorts was sweet. For these school stories, the dreaded aspect of the future came up and schools, I want them to go to the same one but their in different years :(

wonzo

Banned
Seven Deadly Sins 34

Man, I was expecting something more… epic. Maybe next chapter things'll get a little more crazy.

Akito

Nanatsu no Taizai 34
I got a slight DB vibe from this chapter. Looks like fist fight time is over, time for something more serious.

Sankarea 41
It's probably not the last time we're seeing that crazy dude, it's a zombie manga for crfying out loud but he sure got owned by Babu this time.

I might start watching kingdom, but like most anime interpretation of seinen manga are horrible. I should check out the summer anime thread to know what´s coming.

Kuroko 218

Tournament is over and so should be the flashback, though maybe there will be one more chapter.

About damn time. Now i will continue reading it, and skip this horrible flashback.

bigkrev

US Jump TOC
Cover:Yugioh Zexal

Naruto
One-Punch man
World Trigger
Bleach
Nisekoi
Cross Manage
Toriko
Yugioh Zexal
Dragonball Z
Off: One Piece
Preview: One Piece, Toriko

World Trigger 19
Great Color page. Tamakoma Branch was different than I expected. Though it would have actually powerful looking elites like Border HQ does, like the Miwa Squad. Yuma's true reason for coming over should be interesting of sorts, if Replica doesnt get stopped that is.

In the viz shonen jump podcast (ep7), they said they sure would like to release One Punch Man print and digital volumes and new manga to the weekly shonen jump lineup will be announced at anime expo...

Kurita

I was thinking about buying the American OPM volumes but I guess I'll wait for a French version.
I already have the first two Japanese volumes anyway.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kurita, translate Saitama's speech to Geno to french for me.

I want you to whisper francaise in my ear.

Aizo

Banned
Dounika Naru Hibi (All)
By the mangaka who did Aoi Hana and H&#333;r&#333; Musuko. It's beautiful and shows many different romantic relationships: homosexual, heterosexual, paranormal, incestual, age disparity, and combinations of several. Picked it up because of Haly's post. Thanks, Haly!

Haly

Dounika Naru Hibi (All)

By the mangaka who did Aoi Hana and H&#333;r&#333; Musuko. It's beautiful and shows many different romantic relationships: homosexual, heterosexual, paranormal, incestual, age disparity, and combinations of several. Picked it up because of Haly's post. Thanks, Haly!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Glass Rebel

I wish I had the time to read manga but I'm reading Game of Thrones between work and it's so so good.

NoD characters > 2D characters, still

Aizo

Banned
Does anyone read a lot of Horror manga? It's one of my favorite genres in manga. I've read almost everything It&#333; Junji has published, Goth, some Hino Hideshi, some Drifting Classroom, Jisatsu Circle, and many random short series. Are there any must-reads that I may be unaware of?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Daisy Luck
SL6N5yFl.jpg

It's an anthology series about four women in their 30s and their differing lives. It's not the most revolutionary thing in the world, but it's a competent and nice little romcom. Although, because it's a romcom, the one married character in the group is basically turned into a background character in the second volume. Figures. lol

The world view of a josei book is so totally different from the simple times of a typical high school girl in a shoujo. It's funny, because there's still all that "dokidoki I like him" stuff, but the women don't really fuck around with love letters and Valentine's chocolates and all the junk that is associated with romance when the girls are teenagers.

Daingurse

Does anyone read a lot of Horror manga? It's one of my favorite genres in manga. I've read almost everything It&#333; Junji has published, Goth, some Hino Hideshi, some Drifting Classroom, Jisatsu Circle, and many random short series. Are there any must-reads that I may be unaware of?

I remember going on a horror manga binge just a few months ago. Dat Ito Junji, lord did I love that shit.

Aizo

Banned
It's too bad that a lot of his stuff is not available in anything besides Japanese and Korean (maybe Chinese? I'm unsure) because I want more people to read his stuff!

Kurita

Ok...
Genos ! C'était grâce à ma forte intention de devenir un super héros que j'ai commencé mon entraînement et suis devenu aussi puissant, alors pourquoi n'essaies-tu pas de suivre mon exemple et grimper jusqu'aux sommets du "super héroïsme"?

Pour être franc, tu n'as pas besoin d'entraîner ton corps car être un cyborg te permet en théorie d'être aussi fort que tu le désires.

Dès lors, au lieu de force en terme de puissance physique ou de technique de combat, tu devrais travailler ta force mentale.
En d'autres termes, essaie d'intégrer le top 10 du classement du rang S. Ceci devrait être l'entraînement idéal pour toi maintenant.

Hum, moi-même je ne sais pas du tout ce que je suis en train de raconter... Mais bon, comme on dit, la présentation est plus importante que le contenu.

Haly

Goddam that's sexy,

Thank you for indulging my whims.

So I'm rereading OPM and I noticed on chapter 22, Murata couldn't decide if he wanted Saitama to wear a tank top or not. In some panels he has it on, in some panels he's topless.

Clearly he's working himself too hard.

Ok...

Genos ! C'était grâce à ma forte intention de devenir un super héros que j'ai commencé mon entraînement et suis devenu aussi puissant, alors pourquoi n'essaies-tu pas de suivre mon exemple et grimper jusqu'aux sommets du "super héroïsme"?

Pour être franc, tu n'as pas besoin d'entraîner ton corps car être un cyborg te permet en théorie d'être aussi fort que tu le désires.

Dès lors, au lieu de force en terme de puissance physique ou de technique de combat, tu devrais travailler ta force mentale.
En d'autres termes, essaie d'intégrer le top 10 du classement du rang S. Ceci devrait être l'entraînement idéal pour toi maintenant.

Hum, moi-même je ne sais pas du tout ce que je suis en train de raconter... Mais bon, comme on dit, la présentation est plus importante que le contenu.

I thought you were gonna post an audio file :(

I thought you were gonna post an audio file :(

Same :(

Deadly Sins 34
The only going through mind was "I hope Luffy's battle in the tournament will as easy to read as this." Cool to see how Ban and Meliodas met and became buds (though I had an inkling it would be like that), wondering Ban's secret weapon is like life force absorption or poison nails.

Sankarea 41
Finally over with this Zoma arc but if I recall correctly, the next two chapters are slow, transition chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom