• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Silver Spoon 78 -

kHJeLCK.png

Yup.

Eyeshield 21 29-31

DB's are becoming more popular and more dangerous, can't wait to see how this recruiting day ends hopefully they get a kicker seems like their biggest need so far.

Shaman King 10-12

Awesome, another annoying character (Anna) to add to our already annoying cast of characters. Does Anna do anything during the course of the series or is she simply in the plot to smack the shit out of Yoh, Manta, and Amidamaru?

Waratte! Sotomura-san 33

A romance with a growth rate slower than most romcoms.

Silva 21

The seven mysteries of the mother are more interesting.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mixed vegetables vol1-8

Mentioning this made me want to reread it again, and man, I now remember screaming internally at how FUCKING DUMB the main characters are in your typical shoujo fashion and how bad the pacing was, but under all that there's a story that I really liked. The setup was pretty fun, with a girl who comes from a patisserie who wants to be a sushi chef hooking up with a boy who's her opposite. The manga actually does an okay job portraying that aspect and integrating the romance stuff with it, and there were some pretty funny and cute character moments, but goddamn the characters are just DUMB.

Still quite liked it though, all in all.

Akito

Shaman King 10-12

Awesome, another annoying character (Anna) to add to our already annoying cast of characters. Does Anna do anything during the course of the series or is she simply in the plot to smack the shit out of Yoh, Manta, and Amidamaru?
Anna is awesome man, you'll see the light one day
probably
. The romance between her and Yoh is surprisingly well done and she does have a rather important role to play in the long run.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 10-12

WRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

The Dio we all know and love has finally made his appearance, thankfully Speedwagon is always there to help us with any narrating problems we might have.

Alexandros ~Dream for World Conquest~ preview

From the first few pages available, this could be good, but that damn unreadable font needs to disappear.

The art does not look good at all.

probably
. The romance between her and Yoh is surprisingly well done and she does have a rather important role to play in the long run.

Her and Medusa from Soul Eater are the best females in Shonen. Anna is so damn cool.

probably

The art does not look good at all.

Her and Medusa from Soul Eater are the best females in Shonen. Anna is so damn cool.

You two have me excited now, Medusa has been pretty awesome in Soul Eater so far

Yotsuba 10-12

There is some really awkward sexual tension in this series, how old are Yotsuba's Dad, Jumbo, Fuuka, and Asagi supposed to be? Isn't Fuuka like 16 I always feel like her and Yotsuba's dad have these really awkward moments together. Also how old is Jumbo that's he's hitting on the the eldest daughter?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yotsuba 10-12

There is some really awkward sexual tension in this series, how old are Yotsuba's Dad, Jumbo, Fuuka, and Asagi supposed to be? Isn't Fuuka like 16 I always feel like her and Yotsuba's dad have these really awkward moments together. Also how old is Jumbo that's he's hitting on the the eldest daughter?

Pretty sure Jumbo and Mr Koiwai are mid to late twenties.

Asagi is 20.

I don't really feel that there's really that many sexual tension except for those done for humour. At least Mr Koiwai hasn't shown any interest at all.

Pretty sure Jumbo and Mr Koiwai are mid to late twenties.

Asagi is 20.

I don't really feel that there's really that many sexual tension except for those done for humour. At least Mr Koiwai hasn't shown any interest at all.

I dunno it's just how I feel reading it

Rave Master 10-12

So the second Musica has/is joining the cast as one of the main characters I guess? He seems pretty cool wish we could see more of his powers. It feels rough around the edges but RM has a lot of good ideas in it's core.

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 29-31

DB's are becoming more popular and more dangerous, can't wait to see how this recruiting day ends hopefully they get a kicker seems like their biggest need so far.

The desperate need and glorification of Kickers in E21 is literally the most unrealistic part of the series.

You two have me excited now, Medusa has been pretty awesome in Soul Eater so far
You should read SE. The anime stops being cannon at episode 37. Then it turns to shit, and shits on the manga.
Eh, the art is fine at what it's trying to accomplish. It is a little lacking during the downtime parts of the story, but it gets better during the key scenes and displays the battle scenes really well. Beside, Yasuhiko makes some amazing colour pages.
Yeah, these pages look great. I love the detail of the water splashes. The cover was a bit off putting.

Kurita

Kids On the Slope vol.2

The cover made me realise that Sentaro is one of my favorite characters design-wise in recent years. So cool-looking.
Anyway, this volume is where the everything really starts. Misunderstandings, Kaoru confessing his love, Jun coming back...
The concert in the bar and Kaoru's confession are some of my favorite moments in the series.

You should read SE. The anime stops being cannon at episode 37. Then it turns to shit, and shits on the manga.

Yeah, these pages look great. I love the detail of the water splashes. The cover was a bit off putting.

I plan to read it once Toonami gets to the diverge point, I'm kind of enjoying experiencing it for the first time with Toonami gaf.

The desperate need and glorification of Kickers in E21 is literally the most unrealistic part of the series.

Haha yeah, but then again if you really go deep down into analysis there are quiet a few issues with ES21's depiction of American Football but for what it is it's still incredibly fun.

Kurita

Haha yeah, but then again if you really go deep down into analysis there are quiet a few issues with ES21's depiction of American Football but for what it is it's still incredibly fun.

To be fair, the writer didn't know a lot about football when he started writing it. :lol
But Deimon's kicker is one of the swaggest characters in history.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Any recommendations for a shonen as hell manga?

I feel like I've read em all. Series doesn't have to be good just super shonen.

I read pretty much every manga discussed in this thread. Hoping you guys may know a gem or guilty pleasure I haven't heard of yet.

upandaway

Any recommendations for a shonen as hell manga?

I feel like I've read em all. Series doesn't have to be good just super shonen.

I read pretty much every manga discussed in this thread. Hoping you guys may know a gem or guilty pleasure I haven't heard of yet.
Oooooh, a challenge!

Did you try these yet?
Anagle Mole
Mondaijitachi Z
Esprit
Ikusaba Animation
Takkoku!!

I know you said it doesn't have to be good but I can't really suggest anything that isn't (if you really want them just read all those new Jump manga).
You could also look into what's going on in Magazine and Sunday, lots of manga there that nobody talks about here.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427475

Odds are you probably haven't read everything on this list

Sangokushi - historical Chinese epic

Oooooh, a challenge!

Did you try these yet?
Anagle Mole
Mondaijitachi Z
Esprit
Ikusaba Animation
Takkoku!!

I know you said it doesn't have to be good but I can't really suggest anything that isn't (if you really want them just read all those new Jump manga).
You could also look into what's going on in Magazine and Sunday, lots of manga there that nobody talks about here.

Thanks guys theres a good handful or so there I've never heard of.

I knew I could count on y'all.

Snow White and Seven Dwarfs 05

You know one of the TL notes mentioned the title being Snow White and Seven Prisoners which does sound better.

We're still at the point of nothing's happening besides spewing out background though. ~_~

upandaway

Thanks guys theres a good handful or so there I've never heard of.

I knew I could count on y'all.
Wait no you don't! That's not how it works. When you call us for a challenge, you have to specify which manga you're gonna try and you have to post impressions when you do. It's only fair.

Zetsuen no Tempest 26

I do find it amazing they spent a whole chapter on discussing who's Yoshino's girlfriend is. Literally a whole chapter talking about this.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome SP 06-2

Well what do you know. He managed to change the future for the better (somehow). Definitely warming even more up to this series now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
More Honey & Honey:

ZOFqixW.png

You know, I never thought about it, but since Japan really is all about the family register... becoming "sisters" or "brothers" is probably the only 'legal' way to get married to your partner there. It's interesting that they figured out a loophole anyway.

Inferior yuri.

ib04ZvYtmlZ8vr.png

Superior yuri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom