• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

Are their any Kaiju manga that capture that sense of dread and horror that Shingeki No Kyojin had early on? That series scratched an itch for me so good, and then it fucking turned into Ultraman. I wanted something like Gojira or Gojira (1984), puny humans fighting with a stacked deck. I guess the deck is still stacked, but it did not go down the road I wanted at all.

Magi

It´s been a while since Aladdin summoned djin. Nice encounter between Aladdin and Kouen.

Sindbad

Still in the dungeon. Smart move using geyser for his advantage.

Tower of God

Emilie is the ultimate weapon that they are working on. Interesting.

Akito

Are their any Kaiju manga that capture that sense of dread and horror that Shingeki No Kyojin had early on? That series scratched an itch for me so good, and then it fucking turned into Ultraman. I wanted something like Gojira or Gojira (1984), puny humans fighting with a stacked deck. I guess the deck is still stacked, but it did not go down the road I wanted at all.
I find Hakaijuu to be quite disturbing although not too many chapters got translated so far and they come out with a glacial pace.
Also Mahou Shoujo of the End which is fucked up on so many levels.

Snow White & Seven Dwarfs 5
tumblr_mov87i0KJT1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Well time to start counting down the chapters for Fujimaru's defection and joining Takeru's side. Short, but I like the plot progression. Kuroyuki is atrocious.

Elektel Delusion v3 chp 15
tumblr_movae0QlDo1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Another great chapter with fun moments. The color page in the middle reminded me of a previous cover page, but still nice to see. Fumi and Shunpei are so happy and all throughout this chapter, if if they both have their own issues that may try to interfere with their relationship they can somehow still stay strong and all into each other, ignoring it when it matters most. I like the model plotline more than the old ex girlfriend popping up though. Shunpei's best friend needs more time, he looked really sad when Shunpei was liking Fumi...maybe he liked Shunpei too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wait no you don't! That's not how it works. When you call us for a challenge, you have to specify which manga you're gonna try and you have to post impressions when you do. It's only fair.

Fine fine, as of now gonna read these in order:

Shiki Tsukai
Suashi no meteorite
Mixim 11 (read a bit of this but forgot bout it)
Mx0 (never finished this series)
Immortal Regis
Witchcraft Works (read the first few chapters long ago and enjoyed it)

Nobunswaga no Chef 33
Nobunaga just keeps on being calm, cool, and collected. Good on him that he spared the farmer. Nice finish to this arc and looking to next one, I wonder if it'll introduce more future characters or glimpses of Ken's past.

Not popular
I feel so bad for her with each coming chapter.

Aizo

Banned
Paradise Kiss Vol. 1
Pretty hip. I dig it.
X Vol. 1
This is moving pretty fast, but not as fast as the film... man that's a bad film. This is much better! Also, I don't really like Clamp art that much, but this is gorgeous!
Biomega Vol. 1
Nihei's architecture artistry is unrivaled. Grizzly bears on motorcycles, too!

Just finished Sankarea volume 1. Only one volume but I'm digging it so far.

Also curious about Bunny Drop. Anyone have opinions on it?

The Flowers of Evil volume 1. Finally a perverted story for the masses.

I love Flowers of Evil. I'm five volumes in at the moment. I think there's what? Like two more? Great series.

wonzo

Banned
Bunny Drop isn't a very good manga at all (i didnt mind the ending sans the execution of it) and you'd be far better off watching the anime which is simply better.

Tasogare wa Karera no Jikan 3

At least for these bi monthly series they include some type of action scene to make the wait worthwhile. It had nice feeling, otherwise outside of the first three pages the rest was just plot and drama. I didn't like the backstory much as it felt weak and I cant think that it adds much to the story at hand, but then in the present time, the backstory as it directly relates to Luka, and the possibility that the incubus power was used for bad, was interesting. Would he do the same to Ritsuto?

duckroll

Magi

Itshappening.gif etc.

Yeah, I definitely feel this is the end game. I feel vindicated! Anyone still think it isn't the end game? ^^;

Magi

Itshappening.gif etc.

Yeah, I definitely feel this is the end game. I feel vindicated! Anyone still think it isn't the end game? ^^;

There's no Mor, Sinbad's not involved, and Ren's still MIA so this is nowhere near endgame yet.

Also that Sinbad prequel is currently more interesting than Magi imho

X Vol. 1
This is moving pretty fast, but not as fast as the film... man that's a bad film. This is much better! Also, I don't really like Clamp art that much, but this is gorgeous!

I prefer the manga over the anime and movie. It gets progressively more gorgeous and oh so violent as more characters appears. Unfortunately it stops at vol 18 due to well all that violent content. It's been on hiatus since 2003 but the apparently the last 3 volumes are done and awaiting a distributor/appropriate time to release them.

Kiniro Kishi ch. 0-1
By the same artist who does Adekan so expect noodle like pretty boys, busy panels, fanservice, and gorgeous costumes and set pieces. Ch.0 is about a girl buying a gift for her lover and Ch.1 is about a police stuck in village doing humdrum tasks. The officer is pretty much Anri (Adekan) in a police uniform. Overall, a good read since they're independent stories.

Akudama 1-3
tumblr_movns7jpHw1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think this is potentially the most dark type of story I would enjoy. Harata catches Morisaka shoplifting on camera and uses the photos as a type of way to get him to be tied to him and to just be there to spend time with him. I liked how it turned out and fortunately it didnt get super dark and tragic there like I thought
though the mom did divorce but when harata backstory came in and then he did the farewell kiss, thought he'd suicide or something
. Ill always remember this one, and like the artstyle and characters and their motivations.

--
Pictures with the images were so much better than shonen folks putting the same bland fanarts at the start of their chapters...
BNfkyE6CAAA3T4A.png:large

Foolworm

Eh, the art is fine at what it's trying to accomplish. It is a little lacking during the downtime parts of the story, but it gets better during the key scenes and displays the battle scenes really well. Beside, Yasuhiko makes some amazing colour pages.

Looks like a sloppier version of Hazuki Kaoru's style (don't search if you're at work).

Just finished Sankarea volume 1. Only one volume but I'm digging it so far.

Also curious about Bunny Drop. Anyone have opinions on it?

Read My Girl by Sahara Mizu. Better art, better story and better ending.

Magi

Itshappening.gif etc.

Duckroll I'll take that bet, I bet magi won't end within the next year. If I'm right you have to read whatever shonen garbage manga of my choosing, if I lose I have to watch whatever moe garbage anime of your choosing, deal?

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha 01

sdGffDGl.jpg

Surprise! You get two new (step) imoutos!

Surprise! They are also demons!

So basically I guess an action harem(?) series with everyone's favorite incest(totally ok since they aren't blood related)! There is some hint of a decent plot with the whole dream/flashback the protag is having and the protag isn't a complete terrible harem(?) lead so far. Looks like there'll also be some decent action as well so that could be a plus.

Shaman King 10-12

Awesome, another annoying character (Anna) to add to our already annoying cast of characters. Does Anna do anything during the course of the series or is she simply in the plot to smack the shit out of Yoh, Manta, and Amidamaru?

Anna is cool man.

And she does well for herself given she doesn't give a fuck about any character (except Yoh but even then, as you saw ) and can help herself if the need arises.

G-Unit

sdGffDGl.jpg

So basically I guess an action harem(?) series with everyone's favorite incest(totally ok since they aren't blood related)! There is some hint of a decent plot with the whole dream/flashback the protag is having and the protag isn't a complete terrible harem(?) lead so far. Looks like there'll also be some decent action as well so that could be a plus.

bewbs... must read now

Anna is cool man.

And she does well for herself given she doesn't give a fuck about any character (except Yoh but even then, as you saw ) and can help herself if the need arises.

Anna was also the first
to get a hit off on Hao lol.

OMG Evilore/designers added spoiler tags to the post reply! YES! No more crtl+c and then crtl+v to copy and paste my spoiler tags from my sticky notes.

Edit: That Shinmai Maou manga looks interesting but I don't think it has very many chapters out does it?

Anna was also the first
to get a hit off on Hao lol.

OMG Evilore/designers added spoiler tags to the post reply! YES! No more crtl+c and then crtl+v to copy and paste my spoiler tags from my sticky notes.

Edit: That Shinmai Maou manga looks interesting but I don't think it has very many chapters out does it?

Major Spoilers, don't read Bass and dont click on the spoiler box either since it will reveal the contents :O

Yep, does not give a fuck about you even if you are the most powerful shaman in existence.

Also if your post is quoted by somone the color of it is light green. Very nice touch

Plus as warned above can you just click on the spoiler box for the info to show itself

scy

We really are quite low brow.

I'll read it.

Daingurse

Hakaijuu 1

That's what I'm fucking talking about! Thanks Akito.

Edit:

Hakaijuu 3

This is absolutely perfect! Too bad there isn't much material translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom