• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Nice to see the 4 control methods confirmed. That should have made everyone happy, though knowing GAF, it probably just pissed everyone off. :)

ant1532

Banned
Mejilan said:
Nice to see the 4 control methods confirmed. That should have made everyone happy, though knowing GAF, it probably just pissed everyone off. :)
Believe it or not, there wasn't any complaining. I know. Crazy.

NeonZ

Samus Aran

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Meta Knight

We haven't really seen SSBB Samus, though. In the E3 trailer, she didn't seem significantly different from the SSBM one, but everyone is getting a new look, and so will Samus. I doubt her suit will stay the same.

Proven

NeonZ said:
We haven't really seen SSBB Samus, though. In the E3 trailer, she didn't seem significantly different from the SSBM one, but everyone is getting a new look, and so will Samus. I doubt her suit will stay the same.

True, despite Prime 3 not being out yet, Prime 1 and 2 have been released with the same awesome model and it'd be a shame if we didn't get it for Brawl.

Oh man, if Diddy and Dixie or Pikmin are in this game, I wouldn't mind to see the Ice Climbers leave. Especially Pikmin. If we're lucky, we'll control three at once!

Yeah...that's probably not happening. I guess Olimar is more likely then.

Diddy + Dixie would be a great way to up Donkey Kong's group (which right now, just him), but I wonder if they'll put them in. They didn't seem popular enough for Melee, and the only really awesome and new thing Diddy has been in since is Strikers Charged. Opinion of course.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
ant1532 said:
Believe it or not, there wasn't any complaining. I know. Crazy.

*proceeds to go hang himself in shock*

Edit - I began to thinking that there was some hope for this thread. Then I noticed the man-bewbs.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
jj984jj said:
No it's not. :lol
I don't think you realize just how popular marth is.

He IS Fire Emblem, and if Fire Emblem is going to be represented in a Smash Bros. game, then he WILL be there.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
GaimeGuy said:
I don't think you realize just how popular marth is.

He IS Fire Emblem, and if Fire Emblem is going to be represented in a Smash Bros. game, then he WILL be there.
Marth = Fire Emblem character that was in 2 of the games that were never released outside Japan. There is at least a fair chance of them replacing him with Ike for international appeal.

Pikachu = Iconic video game character among the likes of Mario, Link, etc. that is instantly recognizable by millions around the world. There is no chance of Pikachu being replaced in any SSB unless Nintendo had no choice.

GaimeGuy

jj984jj said:
Marth = Fire Emblem character that was in 2 of the games that were never released outside Japan. There is at least a fair chance of them replacing him with Ike for international appeal.

Pikachu = Iconic video game character among the likes of Mario, Link, etc. that is instantly recognizable by millions around the world. There is no chance of Pikachu being replaced in any SSB unless Nintendo had no choice.
I was comparing them because Pikachu is the face of Pokemon just as Marth is the face of Fire Emblem.

Btw: Marth is the only character to be the main character of multiple Fire Emblem games.

And, while FE 1 and 3 were not released outside of japan, Marth is one of the most popular characters in Melee, in all three regions. (If you're going to bring up Roy, he's only really popular in North America, some smaller circles in europe and japan, and lower tier tourneys).

Geeez, what's with some of you folks and wanting FE characters getting cut? If anything, we need a few more! I do wonder if one of Sakurai's blog updates will mention who he chooses to cut, and why he chose them.

Dr.Hadji

zojoz said:
has anyone seen this video? watching it really gets me hyped for whats in store for us in brawl.

here

A lot of the playing in this video wasn't "extremely" good. It's all fun stuff though. You just gotta love Ken and Isai. We are still pushing melee's awesomeness to new levels. I can't imagine what brawl will to to my brain.

Proven

zojoz said:
has anyone seen this video? watching it really gets me hyped for whats in store for us in brawl.

here

Eh, they could have at least had the different fights match the Melee montage scenes that were put in. One fight with Shiek, no fights with Peach, no fights with Samus, the cinematography was just off for me. That and the fights didn't feel fast enough to match the IN YOUR FACE and speed of the Naruto Opening. They probably should have just stuck to 5 second videos of really cool KO's.

zojoz said:

here

That's some really *****y Smash

To be learned from Fox update:

Picture 1: Fox's super looks similar to his Firefox
Picture 2: Fox's dash+A move looks to have been changed to a shoulder similar to Captain Falcon and Samus' move
Picture 3: ~
Picture 4: Fox's illusion appears to be unchanged except in color

BrendenLee said:
That's some really *****y Smash

To be learned from Fox update:

Picture 1: Fox's super looks similar to his Firefox
Picture 2: Fox's dash+A move looks to have been changed to a shoulder similar to Captain Falcon and Samus' move
Picture 3: ~
Picture 4: Fox's illusion appears to be unchanged except in color

I thought picture 1 WAS the beginning of his firefox? Or am I completely wrong?

justchris

First off, swapping out the bomb (or even the mostly useless and now redundant arrow) for the Spinner with Link would be awesome.

Second off, I think transformations should be moved to the control pad. Every character in the game has different fighting styles they could use, and that would be a great way to get rid of all the clone characters. Plus, it would give Zelda/Sheik an extra special attack.

Proven

Somnid said:
I also think Marth will get axed and replaced with Ike. It just makes a whole lot of sense.

Can anyone give any confirmation on what game features that war stage that was in the first trailer? I mean, this could put the whole Marth vs. Ike thing to rest.

superbank said:
Down B Bomb is a waste of a move. :p

Give me a break. The bow and arrow is FAR, FAR more useless than this. WTF.

MasterMFauli said:
I didnt like zelda, so i never played with Shiek. Cant stand the transformations.

So... hold the A button down when starting the match..? I'd say most Sheik players don't use Zelda. You don't ever have to see her.

Somnid

Proven said:
Can anyone give any confirmation on what game features that war stage that was in the first trailer? I mean, this could put the whole Marth vs. Ike thing to rest.

I think someone pointed out that the flags have the same symbol as the Daein flags in PoR. It seems pretty likely that a more modern and internationalized FE character will probably make an appearance, the question is simply how they will handle it. My thinking is that the characters might be too similar (ie Marth vs Ike) in which case I think they might completely drop Marth. Of course if they come out with two characters that are unique enough then Marth will stay. The general consensus seems to be that Roy will get axed regardless since Roy was one of the weaker (recognizably) characters, a clone and only added because of the then just released GBA game.

GaimeGuy

Somnid said:
I think someone pointed out that the flags have the same symbol as the Daein flags in PoR. It seems pretty likely that a more modern and internationalized FE character will probably make an appearance, the question is simply how they will handle it. My thinking is that the characters might be too similar (ie Marth vs Ike) in which case I think they might completely drop Marth. Of course if they come out with two characters that are unique enough then Marth will stay. The general consensus seems to be that Roy will get axed regardless since Roy was one of the weaker (recognizably) characters, a clone and only added because of the then just released GBA game.
Actually, I think the GBA game wasn't out yet when Smash came out.

I would honestly be VERY surprised if Marth were removed.

Alkaliine said:
I thought picture 1 WAS the beginning of his firefox? Or am I completely wrong?

Could be some sort of delayed Firefox, he's just standing completely still though as if he's charging something up.

Hard to read too much into these screens, I read some theories that the second picture may be the finishing animation for Fox's f-throw.

BrendenLee said:
Could be some sort of delayed Firefox, he's just standing completely still though as if he's charging something up.

Hard to read too much into these screens, I read some theories that the second picture may be the finishing animation for Fox's f-throw.

Yeah that's a good point, you're probably right about it being his final smash. Guess we'll have to see.

Just over an hour left to next update. :D

GaimeGuy

Keru_Shiri said:
Theories? That looks almost exactley like his forward throw. Am I missing something?
yeah, it's forward throw, no question about it.

Don't know why I missed it in the first place.

justchris said:
Second off, I think transformations should be moved to the control pad. Every character in the game has different fighting styles they could use, and that would be a great way to get rid of all the clone characters. Plus, it would give Zelda/Sheik an extra special attack.

Would be a bit better, but wont happen.
Look at the control-options, there´s one style with only the wiimote...you wouldnt have enough buttons for an extra transformation :-/

Also, when is the next update be supposed to be released? I need to know, cause i have to leave in 2 hours :-(

MasterMFauli said:
Look at the control-options, there´s one style with only the wiimote...you wouldnt have enough buttons for an extra transformation :-/

Also, when is the next update be supposed to be released? I need to know, cause i have to leave in 2 hours :-(

In about half an hour. :)

Any quick guesses from anyone here?

I've kept saying item and been wrong, so today I'm going to say a "how to play" entry.

MasterMFauli said:

You cannot define Japan Time! It can happen ANYTIME!

justchris

MasterMFauli said:

Yeah, there's a lot of things there aren't enough buttons for in that mode, but I suppose you could use - ? Oh, but wait, then what would you use to taunt? Well, if you gotta sacrifice something....

NotWii

Banned
superbank said:
Down B Bomb is a waste of a move. :p
Bomb is one of the most useful moves for link, you can use it to confuse players and recover to the platform

One trick I love doing is throwing a bomb vertically up when someone is near me, then hookshoting them and throwing them up into the falling bomb.

NotWii

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
I think Sigurd from FE4 would be more representative, he's the favourite lord of many FE players, including myself.

Image1712.gif

NotWii

Banned
Kureishima said:
Give me a break. The bow and arrow is FAR, FAR more useless than this. WTF.
Doesn't anyone play as Link properly besides me?
Pretty much every move of Link's is equally useful. His moveset is perfect IMO.

I'm deadly accurate with the bow at any range, and the boomerang has saved me numerous times.

scottnak

underfooter said:
Wait, is it updating tonight? Shouldn't it have happened already? I'm used to it being about 3AM EST sharp.
You kiddin' me. I really hate having to actually say this...

but Japan time comes whenever it wants to!

And READ the OP. You gots a lil' more than 2 hr window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom